Reviews of Hotel Mons am Goetheplatz This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Waltherstraße 33, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80337 Munich, Germany

#325 of 349 hotels in Munich

6.2

• Standard Single Room

When I booked the hotel, I received a message requesting that I let the hotel staff know if I would arrive after 8 p.m. In fact I arrived at 6 p.m., but there was no one there. Fortunately some passersby allowed me to use their phone to call the hotel staff. They let me know that a key was waiting for me in a lockbox outside. Otherwise, I would have had no idea about this and no way to get into the room. I only got in because of luck. Also, the room was tiny.

• Standard Single Room

The lighting in the bathroom was a bit odd, especially for applying makeup

The smart tv was nice to have The location is great, right in front of the metro station

When I entered my room, the floor towel that is usually in front of the Shower was lying in the shower itself and was not clean. The rooms are not as nice as the pictures might make you believe.

Very friendly Staff. No big administrative hassle. perfectly situated for wherever you´ll have to go.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We stayed in a room with a shared bathroom the first night but we did not like it and moved to another room with a bathroom - a beautiful bathroom. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke and when you leave the room, the place is covered in the smell of cigarette smoke.

The hotel is right in front of an Underground and walking distance from grocery stores. When I asked where I could get hot water for coffee the lady who was helping me gave me a kettle.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom had several empty shampoo packages lying around. Staff picking up what people leave in the bathroom several times a day, maybe picking hair out of the shower cabin's drain, would greatly improve the service, IMO. It was really the only thing I disliked, but it's a great deal to me.

Clean and cheap. Really great deal for short stays. So close to the city center and to the main train station it makes no sense to use public transport or cabs. Didn't try the breakfast, but there are bakeries which serve breakfast within just a few minutes' walk. Subway station is right in front of the hotel, tram station is across the street.

The hotel is at the third floor of a building and seems more a bed and brakfast than an hotel. Difficult to park outside the hotel The reception closed at 8 pm. our room had a broken bathroom door, the bathroom was flooded and we had a real animal skin as a scree.

good location , lot of restaurants and shops in the area, Staff helpful.

• Standard Single Room

Very basic and very clean hotel that's ideally situated for the Goetheplatz subway station (right in front of the exit). Good for an economical 1-2 night stay for business, to visit Munich etc. where you just need somewhere to sleep, rather than a hotel that you'd want to spend any time in.

small room, shower was beautiful, but rest of bathroom not so much room was small but ok for one night stand, no parking lot, even they said there is ... only cold self service breakfast except hard boiled egs

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Lighting in the room was ultimately dim. Near bed stands and lamps could be better maintained to exclude wobbling effects.

Budget price, in a close to the city center location - just 19 min by foot from the main train station. Variety of food stores and restaurant in the proximity. Flexible personal, - a single bed room was booked for 1 week, the personal has offered a double bed room at the check-in to make my stay more comfortable, for no extra payment. Also check-in and check-out time could be easily negotiated.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We expected one double bed; however, there were two single beds in the room.

Very good location, next to the Goetheplatz underground station. We arrived after the check-in time, so the reception was closed; however, they contact us before the arrival to make sure we collected the keys from a locker with a code that they gave us.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing, your hotel is ok for me.

I like the proximity of your location. It is only a couple of minutes from the main train station. I can recommend your hotel to my friends and colleagues including my other family members on their next travel.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Hotel very noisy... My room smelt musty and needed a good airing, so slept with window open. You can hear whenever someone walks up or down the corridors and always hear the banging doors of doors throughout the night. The walls of the hotel are paper thin so can hear everything the neighbor talks, or opposite my door was a man who snored loudly NOTE: Don't get a room next to the shared toilet. Very noisy as people come and go and use the shower or toilet. Next time I will want to book with my own bathroom. Paying a little extra at Hotel Mon is best for this facility as the shared is not so comfortable.

Great value for money, Reception staff lady very nice. Fantastic location and again as I said it earlier. GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel is quite small so you can't expect the quietness. Unfortunately, I stayed in opposite of 2 rooms with kids and that's horrible since the kids were crying, screaming and playing with doors almost of the time they awoke so the noise was echo in the building, very noisy and annoying. Thus, if you come with kids, make sure that you can keep them quiet, otherwise, it's a nightmare for others. And even just close-open the doors, the noise was so echo. However, in general, if there are no loud noise, it's OK since the building is like a box so you can hear the noise easily. Anyway, there are 2 bath rooms and toilets for 2 floors (i guess), 3rd and 4th (I was at 4th), it's not enough and quite dirty.

Very good location just the opposite of the subway exit and also there is a bus no.58 which the bus stop is quite close to the hotel, nice staff, clean bed room and very strong WIFI connection.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

179 Euros was ludicrous. Most of the city was sold out, so I get why it was expensive, but I was pretty shocked how basic the place is. Once you figure out that Reception is on the 3rd floor of this low-rent office building, the experience improves slightly due to the friendly front desk attendant. Enthusiasm fades a bit when you arrive in your basic room with a cot, sink, desk, and dresser. It's really bare bones. Trek down the hall to the bathroom and you feel a bit like you're back in school. I took a shower at night so I wouldn't have to compete with other guests for access to the limited bathrooms in the morning. Footsteps in the hallway were heard clearly inside the room, as were door locks whenever someone came or went. If you need a place to crash in a pinch, this place will get the job done, but don't come expecting a standard hotel room.

No insects, didn't have to share a room with strangers.

Rude guests next room.

After reading very mixed reviews, we booked Pension/Hotel Mons for three nights in September, just a few days before Oktoberfest began. I hope this review sheds light on the criticisms, and offers some suggestions for management. Positive: location, just steps from Goetheplatz U; staff, extremely friendly and helpful, let us drop off bags Sunday morning and put them into our room later, complementary water; outstanding breakfast, well worth the extra 9 euro, wonderful coffee, selection of meat, cheeses, fresh bread, fruit, cereal, boiled eggs; clean room and comfortable bed, spacious bathroom (for a pension) with hairdryer and towel, toiletry sets; the rooms are small but that is to be expected in this price range (we paid 140 euro per night but it was the week before festival), there is a desk and chair, small short closet. Cons: The first two nights there were two men in the room next to us who moved their chair a lot, talked loudly, and turned the TV too loud. The third night a gentleman was in that room and we heard nothing. I think the owners attempted to pad the wall between rooms, but should add insulation in the light/electric within walls, put pads under the chair legs, and post notices for people to be more courteous. I liked the concrete floors and white walls. If the owner used washable paint in the bathroom (higher quality), it would be easier to keep small specks off the walls. The owner should also do random checks after cleaning. One morning cleaning was perfect but the next morning a towel was left on the floor. The rainfall shower head may be faddish, I prefer the one that can be adjusted; and the shower curtain was positioned too high, allowing water onto the floor. Americans should realize that pensions often have rooms with shared baths (not obvious from website), and that some photos are from shared baths. We were on the third floor and did not see the rooms on other floors.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast wasn't stellar, it was limited even for a German style breakfast option especially for the price. Shared bathroom was mostly clean.

During weekdays area was quiet.

• Standard Single Room

Price for the value offered was imbalanced. For this hotel rating, it was overpriced for the lack of quality received and for the size of room booked. I booked a single only room, it was tiny for the price I had to pay. If you come during Oktoberfest, prepare to pay a small fortune per night. Inflexible cancellation policy. I debating not to come to Oktoberfest; however, quickly decided to come because I didn't want to be out so much money. The hotel would not allow me to cancel any time after I booked without paying the full amount. The onsite breakfast offering had very limited choices - far less for comparable places I've stayed while in Munich.

Convenient location to U-bahn station and walking quick walking distance to Oktoberfest grounds. Quick to get to city center via the U-bahn.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I was shocked that I had paid so much for the hostel ( £360 for 2 nights) and the pictures online are borderline fictional. It is very very very basic. They charge you 9 Euros per person for a very basic breakfast but you can have a pleasant, nicer breakfast just across the street for the same price.

The staff were nice and the hotel / hostel was clean.. The location is brilliant for Okberfest.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom door has a big glazed window which looks directly into the shower - so anyone from the hallway can see in. If you don't mind being a pretty well-defined blurry outline as you get out of the shower (and go to the toilet) in the shared bathroom for people to perv at then you'll love this place.

The rooms are very clean, provide exactly what you expect for this price.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We visited friends in a hostel nearby and their private room was at least twice the size of our room.

The staff allowed us to check in early and upgraded our room to have a private bathroom.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This hotel was nothing like advertised on this site. We arrived to this dirty dark building, (it's above a cigarette shop) went through the filthy entrance into the elevator, went up into a series of corridors, all concrete. Receptionist was blunt. Upon entering our room it was like a jail cell. Concrete floors and walls, two single seperate beds when i had booked a double, a sink, windows that were clearly in need of paint as they were peeling away. The bed linen was just plastic fabric- no covers, there was no artwork or anything placed on the walls. It was just awful. Cancellation would have meant myself losing £250. So we stayed in this jail cell. Worst hotel / hostel I have ever stayed in and I'm a 22 year old backpacker from Australia and have stayed in some pretty bad hostels around Europe. not impressed at all.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no staff available to complain at night. There were guests partying until 4 am. I had to knock on their doors 4 times during the night. They were smoking inside and very very loud. Also it was a shared bathroom for the whole floor and these people left it very disgusting. Bed and pillows were really uncomfortable and the room had no AC and was extremely hot. Usually i dont complain about any hotel but when you pay 130 Euros for this... it is necessary to complain.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No parking. It's not really a Hotel, I would call it "motel" or "hostel".

Location is good, subway station just in front of the building.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The lino floors made it quite cold, but that was okay because it was very warm. But that's being picky.

The location and having the underground station right outside the hotel. Easy to get anywhere and very good hotel.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room is a little bit small. The wall is quite thin so i can hear people walkinh or talking. There is no hair dryer in the room. It is a little bit expensive when compare with the size and the price

The location is perfect. Close to the metro

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bath is separated from the room by slim wooden plank. The floor is from solid, cold material like stone. The breakfasts contained few vegetables, fruit, some bakery with cheese and sausages, crisps and boiled eggs.

Just right to the Ubahn station

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Price. For a shared bathroom room with no Breakfast and average room we felt the price was too high. Our main reason for getting this was we booked last moment and the rest were booked.

The location was very central and the Underground railway enterance at the doorstep.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I was mistaken abt the term shared bathroom. It was so inconvenient to go out of the room in the middle of the night.

The cleaner, Ella was very helpful, polite & nice person. She even directed me where to go for my laundry which I happened to see a nice Egyptian restaurant there too. The front desk, Louis was also very kind & good to us.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Entrance is a little odd and not well marked. Hotel on second floor but there is an elevator. Hallways stink of cigarette smoke.

Great good breakfast and coffee. not included though. Room was spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

My boyfriend complained that the room was a bit cold.

I have booked a room with shared bedroom. Upon arrival we have realized that they gave us a room with a private bathroom. The shower was amazing. The bed was also very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Please read carefully: 1) Please compare pictures of hotel to attached ones. 2) No toilet was in my room, see picture. that wasnt crearly specified at the time of booking. 3) I've been placed in 409 - corner room, from Nov 7 to Nov 10 the temperature inside this room in the night was so low, that i've been almost completely frozen. 4) Staff on any complains smiled at me and laughed. 6) Room and facilities are dirty. 7) Price per night was: 135 eur. 8) Lamp in the room was blinking - i lived like in horror movie. 9) noise from neighbors, walls and doors are thin, you got metal keys, not cards, was waking up at 6am due to neighbors checkins. I got cold after visiting this one and during the stay couldn't do anything for work during 3 nights and mornings.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Very well located (city center at 15 minutes by walking). Really nice place to stay, safe, very clean, near to places where to eat bavarian food, super market and cafeterias.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

A few more power sockets spread throughout the room would be great.

Very good price-quality balance. Location is great as it only takes about 5 minutes to get to the city centre. Rooms are rather small but entirely sufficient if you are not spending your whole day in it. Overall good experience. Btw the shower is great.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast is a bit pricy. Also the hotel is in a regular building on 2 floors and not such a cozy atmosphere. No hairdryer in the room or bathrooms. But OK for the price!

The location was great and for the price you really get all you can wish for. The beds were comfy and the room big enough

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

The pillows were very flimsy so it was hard to get comfortable while sleeping. Also, we were put right next to the reception and the walls are quite thin so it was quite loud sometimes.

Good location, it's only a short walk to most of the main attractions in Munich. Staff were polite, the showers were good - nice and warm.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Bed gave the annoying sound, door couldnt hold any of sounds from reception/breakfast area. Pillow rather thin.

Good location at U-Bahn station, still walkable to sendlingee Tor too. Got good offer price. Hotel starts at third floor and i was on quiet huge inneryard. Stylish new spacious showeredge. Breakfast with fruits, boiled eggs, heated milk, cereals is worth 9€!!!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

This place was excellent

The staff was amazing! The room was excellent! The breakfast was delicious! I felt like I was on a vacation from my vacation. The train ride to Munich was about 20 minutes, we still went to Oktoberfest and had a good time.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Personal supported me to arrange a briefing Telco, after breakfast, in the breakfast room, . That was very helpful and a pleasant view to the outside.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No sound isolation between rooms. Could hear people snoring. For almost 200 euro a night you could expect a toilet on the room.

Breakfast was worth the money

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The power cut out during my time there and as a traveller, I couldn't get directions without the wifi! The lady at the desk also said it could be MY fault the power went out.

The room had a toilet! I didn't expect it so as it was described as a shared bathroom!

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was dirty with hair littering the rather old carpet. The TV did not work properly. The bathroon sink had stains.

Proximity to the Ubahn station. Less than 20 meters to the hotel enterance

• Standard Single Room

Inadequate house-keeping services. I had to ask for someone to tidy/re-fresh my room. 2/5 days it wasn't done. Breakfast offerings were the same everyday. No imagination. My room was the size of a prison cell and I was staying for 5 nights. Initial comments by reception staff to change my room given my lengthy stay did not happen despite my request to do same.

Good location. Modern room.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The place was by far not as nice like some of the photos make you think. I found the place a little dirty and there was a lot of noise too and certain tjhings have been missing in the bathroom (like a hanger for a towel).

The location is good.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff was unfriendly and didn't speak english. We wanted to join breakfast (and pay for it) but it wasn't allowed. The hotel is in an appartment building and the neighbours where very loud, the hotel desk closes in the evening so no one to talk to.

Notice that not all rooms come with a bathroom! So we had to book another more expensive room. It looked nice and the location was good.

• Standard Single Room

Didn’t have breakfast. Room was ok, but expensive for single bed.

The hallways were dark and cramped. I felt like I was going into a parking garage. There was no staff on duty during the night.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It's more of a hostel then a hotel as shown

Not much

• Comfort Single Room

They did not change towels and clean the room.

Convinient location

Everything was good

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was a mouldy wall.

Bathroom Cleanless

Rooms are very small.

The walls are very thin (noise)

housekeeping service did not change bad linen and pillows at all

room is large enough, bathroom is fine

Everything was great!

The staff was very friendly! I would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Comfort Double Room

Breakfast could be improved.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Expensive, but only basic breakfast.

Location, clean and well-kept rooms.

• Comfort Double Room

You enter in a apartments bilding, room was simple, no breakfast..

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Would be perfect to get a hot water for free at anytime.

Location is perfect

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It is very modern minimalist the decoration I like.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom, although bathroom was very clean and checked regularly.

Room had all you need, basic but clean and comfortable.

The room is just too small. You can hear the noise at night.

Close to Octoberfest

Walls thin so all noises .......esp,. Traffic

Clean and friendly and accommodating

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Worst price/quality ever. The room was really bad. I was terrified I had to stay there for 2 nights. Never again!

bed super soft, good location, enjoyed my stay

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Had a shared hallway bathroom that was disgusting.

Location close to Oktoberfest. It's the only good reason to stay

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom at the end of corridor

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Cleaness of the common bathroom can be impoved significanty.

Good location, clean room but needs a reapairment, very tiny for a family.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything is just about right, no more. the rooms with shared bathroom are pretty small

very close to U-Bahn.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Reality nowhere close to the acommodation pictures.

very good location

Very noisy

Parking is difficult if you have a big car

Modern and clean, very good breakfast

Browse Hotel Mons am Goetheplatz traveller photo gallery