Reviews of Hotel Munich Inn - Design Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Goethestrasse 15, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80336 Munich, Germany

#335 of 349 hotels in Munich

very noisy if u keep the windows open. but if you close the windows rooms are very warm and the table fans are very small!!

very close to main train station and a good breakfast

Breakfast included a great variety, but the quality of the food was lacking: the eggs were over cooked and the bread dry. They would be better off focusing on doing a few things well. On the plus side, the orange juice machine is amazing!

The hotel’s location near the train station is convenient, but that area of Munich is loud and rather unpleasant. It certainly lacks charm. The rooms are nicely designed, but quite small, even by European standards. If you’re just in Munich between train trips, this is a good choice, but if you want to enjoy the city, I recommend you stay in a different part of town.

• Quadruple Room

The room smell bad from the restaurant downstairs? ( Maybe). It was noisy if you open the windows to get some fresh air ( as the room doesn't have air conditioner)

I booked the room before I read all the reviews. All those reviews about the hotel: noisy, no wifi connection, smell bad are true. I won't book it again. Even the front desk staff is super nice.

Near from main station but location is near from doubtful neighborhood. The room was hot and if open the windows it was so noisy outside. My room was for the street. But a fan I had in the room.

A staff in the front were for 24 hours but I was staying in main building. So feel safe. The breakfast was so good more than I thought.

• Quadruple Room

Bathroom was ancient. You had to jiggle your way in to close the door and there were no locks on the door. Once the door was closed you were trapped inside. Sink was right in your face. One had to jiggle to come out of the bathroom. Too noisy outside, uncomfortable beds, no air conditioning in hot humid weather. Not enough outlets to charge phones. Poor lighting. I would only give it a 1 star and never recommend to anyone.

Other than location there was nothing to brag about.

Small room and stuffy as there was no Airconditioning. There was a fan but did very little. We opened the windows but because we had a room facing the street it was noisy all through the night. We had to close the windows and have the fan on to block out the noise so we could sleep.

The location was great as we arrived by train and it was an easy walk to everything we needed. The breakfast was great.

- no air-conditioning and the night was hot. A fan was provided which helped. -a fair bit of noise from the street - not a problem in the long run, but it is a busy area of the city.

close to train station -walkable. Also walkable to Marienplatz. Good breakfast -lots of choice.

The windows in the room were closed when I arrived and it was a bit stuffy and warm in the room. (I was there in June so of course it was warm, but it might be good to always have the windows open in the summer) The breakfast room is a bit tight, but the selection is good.

Good location, very close to the central train station. Bed was comfortable, rooms are comfortable and quiet. I had a room on the 5th floor facing the back and it was quiet. Maybe nobody else was in the rooms next to mine but I really didn't hear anything from the hallway/neighboring rooms. I arrived earlier than expected and was able to check-in earlier which was very useful! Staff was friendly and uncomplicated.

Great location. Friendly staff. Great breakfast with fresh squeezed orange juice. Clean room. Good deal for the price. Will stay there again when in Munich.

This is not a good place to stay. The neighbourhood is so rough and noisy and doesnt feel safe to walk around. The rooms are so small and very hot with no aircon. We stayed in May and could not tolerate the heat in the room. The window was broken and the bathroom so small you could barely fit in the shower. The beds were terrible and the pillow was like a sofa cushion. The lock was broken from inside so housekeeping walked in 3 while we were sleeping. Do yourself a big favor and stay somewhere else!

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

The groups of cigarette smoking men gathered on all the nearby streets.

The breakfast was outstanding. Unexpected. The ladies gave us tips on sightseeing opportunities. Delicious

Price for a HOT TINY room.

The room was clean and newly decorated but VERY small and no AC, very hot. Breakfast was super. The issue was the value for the money. Location was ok, room was immaculate but tiny and HOT, so I felt the price was excessive. Had I paid $40.-$50. less a night, I would have been ok.

My door was faulty and took them four days to fix. Room stuffy with limited ventilation but typically for many German hotels. shower water hot hard to turn down toiletry replenishment patchy ie soap

Convenient and clean, good breakfast helpful staff. Think anywhere they would have struggled to fix the door faster.

No A/C (and it was only early May- what is it like in August?) and with the windows open you got the traffic (trucks, police, ambulances) all night.☹️

Close to the train station and the breakfast was good.

Dust somewhere in bath room.

Staff of the hotel is amazing! Room was not o big, but everything needed were there. Breakfast was amazing! Orange fresh juice, good coffee and different variants of breakfast. Even if you'll see dust somewhere, other positive items level it. So recommend for good central located and rather budget stay.

Everything about this hotel is small. We only stayed there one night but I already felt claustrophobic - the rooms are small, the breakfast room is small, the entrance area is small. In addition we stayed the annex next door - it felt very weird. The curtains were filthy, the rest of the room seemed clean and the showers were good. But would not stay here again.

Our room was separate from the hotel reception breakfast area, reached by another entrance shared with the lovely folk in the kebab shop. The triple room was really a double room with an added bed. It was already tight in space as a double room. The room was warm with no air conditioning and a window that could not be opened. The street was noisy-sirens, shouting and traffic. There was no coffee facility in the room. The hotel is more bijoux than design 4 star.

Friendly and helpful staff. They are quick to attend to your needs. Lovely breakfast. Spacious bathroom with towels, shower caps, cotton buds, nail files, hair dryer, body wash and lotion. It is close to the train station.

Too much noise in the building during the night (machinery?) Too much noise in the street - no window isolation No air conditioning Horrible breakfast time/ small room for a crowded big amount of people, everybody bumping on each other on trying to move from left to right

The maid service didn't restock the bathroom with toilet paper or toiletries. I ended up having to go to the Desk each time and we were there a week. Yes, there were times, that we didn't need the beds made daily. As my father was elderly and many times after Breakfast, went back to the room and laid back down. But not to restock the bath, when you are next in the room? The area the hotel sits has greatly changed, in regards to the type area it is. It was not at all the same, as it had been in the 1980's, when my father was last in Munich. BUT, that doesn't mean that I had any issues walking for miles, using the hotel as my base. I never had any problems, on the streets from anyone. And the Munich police were always seen. Just added a new depth,to a 6 week total trip of Europe. Parking was a bit expensive, even with the discoun, the Hotel gave, but when seeing the amounts charged at other nearby garages, it was by far, a good value. Just a tad bit difficult to find and use. It was several city blocks away from the hotel. It would have been nice if their could arrange with the parking garage, an IN and OUT type parking voucher....

The included breakfast was wonderful and the kitchen staff was far beyond excellent. Elderly father had called and wants up to coming in for breakfast and the assisted me making him a full meal tray and getting it to our room. And offer ice bags for his knee. And when he tried to get I I the next day and ended up on the floor and I wasn't able to get him up and called the desk for assistance, the hotel staff again went above and beyond and helped so much.The Hotels manager was great with very detailed instructions and directions for everything Nd even prearranged out taxi service, to the airport for us, as the day we were leaving was the day before the start of a major sporting event in the area. He also got us a good value in that too. We also arranged for a package to be delivered to the Hotel the day we were arriving and he contacted us while we were still traveling to let us know that it has safely arrived.

- we lived on 7 floor we had to go up each time from the 6 floor by foot, it was hard for my grandma - wifi wasn’t working - tiny room - bathroom dirty - we couldn’t leave our luggages at the check-out

- The breakfast was good with a lot of choice - close to the main station - not far from the city center

Since we had to check out really early (4AM to catch the flight) we were promised lunch box to be ready at 3:45AM, but when we went to check out, they told us that there are no lunch boxes ready. Also no air conditioning so our rooms (east side windows) were hot until the evening, and the room was a bit small.

The personal was really polite and was willing to help as much as they could (directions, recommendations for food etc). Breakfast is great, with really good choice of different food/juices. Coffee is also good. Location is perfect, central station is few minutes away, city center is also very close.

Hallways and lift stank of garbage!!!!! Rooms were really hot so had to keep the windows open all the time but the hotel is on a busy road so quite noisy Small rooms

Convenient location near main station. Lots of restaurants and supermarkets. Not far from the main square

I can't think of anything I didn't like about this hotel. It suited my purpose for budget and central location. I can't understand the negative reviews given. I found no problems. The only thing might be to have a storage facility for luggage but it's not a big deal as you can use the luggage storage at the station which is about a 5 minute walk.

Great location, close to the railway station and within walking distance of main sites e.g Marienplatz. Tourist Information is at the station which is a a 5 minute walk. Tours can be booked here and they leave on opposite side of road. Hotel was very easy to find. Very good breakfast with a lot of choice, friendly and helpful staff. Room basic but clean and comfortable. Great value for money for a city centre hotel. Would definitely stay there again for a short break.

Room was EXTREMELY small but comfortable. We thought the neighborhood was a little less than desirable.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Included breakfast was very nice

• Quadruple Room

The only drawback was the small bathroom. It worked ok for us but would not for heavier persons.

Excellent breakfast buffet with large assortment of options, from proteins to delicious pastries. Even had fresh squeezed orange juice! Food options for nearly anyone.

They tried to hide the superficial mistakes behind beautiful furnishings. Woodfloor was broken, you could not run barefoot, as you would otherwise have splintered in the foot. Facility in the bathroom very old, everywhere the surface jumps off. Water drain dirty and calcified. The area around the hotel is very dirty, there are many drunken people on the sidewalk, as a woman you do not dare to go out alone. TV signal was very bad.

Staff was nice, Breakfast was good, Bed was comfy

• Quadruple Room

The cooking smells from property next door we’re rather off putting once we entered the ground floor of SEPARATE building where our room was located.

Good breakfast choice. Had problems with window not closing properly and it was fixed within hours of reporting it.😊

The Hotel was very clean and my room had everything I needed. I loved the full breakfast bar, the friendliness of the staff and the convenience to the train. Great value!

This hotel is not for someone looking for luxury.The room was very basic and the noise levels were quite high through the night as we are on a busy street, the biggest problem was the hotel would not allow us store our luggage for a few hours after we checked out despite our flight being in the evening, very incovenient

location was near enough to the centre, good breakfast choices, beds comfortable enough

I booked the room for single and I was expecting I will have the double or king size bed (the same as it shown in the picture) but what I've got is two twin beds that have been put together with gap in the middle that is not so comfortable. I asked the front desk regarding this and said they don't have such a thing. It means suck it up! it is what it is, very disappointing

the cleanliness

• Quadruple Room

Very noisy. Thin windows and near clubs and a hospital. There was constant loud noise all night. Also the bathroom was tiny and the shower head was broken. The reception was in another building and also tiny. It is a weird ‘hotel’/inn.

Rooms do not have kettle (i like to have tea and coffee in the room )

I loved the staff and their VERY pleasant and friendly attitude, very generous and versatile breakfast with GREAT choice of food and excellent selection of coffee.

• Quadruple Room

The street is very busy & quite noisy (but excellent for walking/underground). It was cold when we went & the room was pretty chilly. The engineer tried to improve the heating but the radiators were old & noisy and not great.

Had the room at the top of the hotel. It was very spacious (2 bedrooms & a sitting area & rooftop terrace). Breakfast was great, lots of choice & good quality. Location is great, 5 mins from the station. Not plush but excellent value for money!

Good location - very short walk and you are near hauptbanhof or the main shopping street and Marienplatz. They even provide city maps for you and if you are driving there then recommend a car park that can be discounted by them. 24 hour reception - good if you want a later check in. Rooms - very nice, especially for the cost.

the double bed is : two single beds putting together. is not comfortable for couples

great location near the main station 5 minute walking, very good breakfast, clean room , fast check in and check out.

booked this on term on pay at the property (usually done on check out) by the time we arrived at 7pm my credit card was already charge for the whole 2 nights, it’was so noisy you can hear all the passing cars ( and it’s upper floor) no proper ventilation so if someone use the toilet you can smell it inside the room.

Room was very small, the shower stall was too small to be comfortable, the worse thing was there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room or in the hotel for a late night early morning coffee.

The location was great, breakfast was adequate, there was a fridge in the room which was great for me as I carry medicine, insulin, that requires refrigeration.

No area to leave luggage. Breakfast was mediocre. The day time staff (man) were very unfriendly the day I checked out.

The man on the desk the day I checked out was so unfriendly. No smile no nothing. The place is fine for one night only. More than that you will need to get drunk to get through the day.

Room and bathroom were dark and didn't look very clean. Blankets were the same. Curtains were old and torn. Fell like I overpaid for what I got.

Front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Good walking location. Good breakfast.

• Quadruple Room

Usually it was too crowded in breakfast room.

Good location, just in few minutes from Central railway station and quite close to historical center. The breakfast was good with fresh juice and coffe from coffe machine.

Definitely a good value. I was able to get a nice, clean, decent room for a small price. It was very nice, and it was relatively close to the Marienplatz, the central area in town.

room light should be improved, on my chk inn , light of the room went off & remain 2/3 hours closed , later technician came & job done , but it should not be like this. this thing must be improved & connection to rooms must be made from inside rather than go from out side , but over all good value for money , I'm happy

breakfast was yummmmmmmmmmm , so nice & fresh, location is very ideal from casino to food at one place:) , room heating & shower accessories are very good. one thing I'm most impressed the lady at reception was a british german lady , very eloquent & cooperative to listen & respond with humble way , while my check out , so no language issue at all in hotel & also staff very cooperative.

To go to the reception or breakfast room, you have to leave the building and go out in the cold and go in a different entrance. The bathroom smells of urine.

Room very little, not enough space for 2 adults. Very loud in the night, from other rooms. Our room was direct to the breakfast room, and the noise started early in the morning at 5 o’clock, could not get any more sleep.

Close to central railway station. Breakfast was good, plenty of food.

Nothing really, apart from we would have preferred a double bed instead of two singles. Overall, it was an excellent stay!

The breakfast was excellent. Great variety of food and good times so there was never long to wait (if at all!)

Just stay one night...............

Next to the central train station, walking distance to the old town, friendly staff, restaurants near by, The kebab place downstairs is execelent.

Location, near the station Turkish area, was like to be in Istanbul. Very difficult to drop the luggage because no space to stop the car. Entrance of the hotel narrow. Next room was really noisy at night, we had difficult sleep.

Staff very good and efficient. Room nice and clean.

• Quadruple Room

If you've never been in Munich then you could fall very easily into this trap. The hotel seems to be in a busy hotel district but this part of the city is really an ethnic district. In the light of what happened in Cologne I suggest if you are traveling with family, stay away from this district. It's very noisy, loud. To my wife's request we returned to the hotel before 8pm and stayed there. The TV was not working, there was no coffee or tea machine, the little fridge was empty, One window was broken, horrible!!! The hotel looked like a socialist era concrete block flat. The entrance is not where the reception is, it's a shady door near a gyros place. If you are traveling with a car: the parking they offer is not very close. Make sure to reimburse a part of the parking ticket "before" you leave for your car. The receptionist's poor English language tricked me to think that I have to fetch the car first then they will reimburse the daily parking. But you have to do that before you fetch your car. Overall I had my worst hotel experience in my life. And I payed $170 for one night!!

I have to think hard....hm...nothing really.

The ground floor lobby is next to an arabic shaorma store and it smell horrible. The bathroom is very small. The room is noisy. The area is full of arabians.

The only issue was the area at night, as it could be a little intimidating to a lone traveller. But hotel great :)

Staff lovely, warm welcome, breakfast exceptionally good, clean & spacious.

• Quadruple Room

I only liked the location

The photos of the property and the room in reality was different. 4 boxes of sigarrettes were stolen from my suitcase and nobody gave me the answer for it. The hotel did not allow us to leave the suitcases. The room was full of dust, the window was in poor condition. i have booked 4 single beds, but did not get it. The lobby was like den

I booked a room with a big single bed but got a room with two small separate beds and a strange ventilation system or whatever it was in the middle of the room so it was impossible to move these two bed together. The room was very dark and there was no extra light available. The woman at reception was very rude and said: 'Call booking.com. This is your room. We are fully booked. I can't do anything.' I had a very bad impression after this weird place in general.

Breakfast was the best in this bad hotel.

A little noisey as the double glazing appeared not to be well sealed. No tea and coffee facilities and no bubbles on arrival which the pictures lead you to believe 😆 Shower was a little small!

It was very central and close to the main train station and shops. We booked a quad room for one night and then a double for 3 more and they let us stay in the room so didn’t have to move. The breakfast that is included in the price was really awesome. Best scrambled eggs ever!

The Wi-Fi connection on the last floor was pretty poor.

The room was clean and comfortable. It was warm enough for winter. The big balcony was also a plus. Also the staff was very helpful and friendly.

In the hotel is not possible to leave the baggage afer check-out. Not even for an hour, and not a very small baggage.

Wonderfull breakfast, even the fresh gepressed orange juice.

Terrible internet connection - basically didn't work as was so slow and couldn't download anything or watch a movie.

Great breakfast and centrally located

• Quadruple Room

They send you to park in a garage that is not in anyway clearly marked. The garage also had a criminal in it- we caught him trying to break into our car! The hallways and elevators smell like falafel. The toilets did not flush. One had to flush 3 times before it would be socially acceptable to leave the bathroom; embarrassing for everyone. The receptionist was dismissive and annoying.

The breakfast was very nice and the fresh orange juice almost made up for the negatives.

The rooms are really spacious and modern . Bathrooms are clean too and the view are quite good actually . Wifi works well and as breakfast are included within that price, its actually pretty good. I had a pleasant stay .

• Quadruple Room

We could not connect to Wifi in our room on the 6th floor so we had to go sit on the steps outside our room to get a signal. That was very inconvenient.

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Clean room with fridge. Nice breakfast.

Room too small, sewage smell st reception, shawarma smell in the hotel building , sleeping at night was impossible, windows were looking at the Main Street, constant car noise

Location and breakfast were good

I could not leave my luggage as they don't have a room for it. I had to use a locker at the Central Station.

After I had one night stay in a single room, I had another stay with my friends. Both rooms for one and three were tidy and comfortable. Above all, the staff was very kind and friendly.

No mini bar or tea/coffee making. Smell fron resterant next door, small rooms.

Close to main train station and Christmas markets. Staff very helpful and friendly.

The Internet connection was too weak hence we couldn't use it all. The wireless strength was very weak indeed.

The property's proximity to the city center and nearness to the central train station

It wasn't clear that the bedrooms were next door. The place was a bit run down. No foyer or lounge. No allowance for allergies at breakfast. There are better places for the money.

It was just adequate.

The rooms were dingy, however for the rate you pay you cannot really complain!

The location of the hotel is perfect, very easy to get around and the staff were very helpful with directions!

The hallway/lobby smelled like trash. I'm not a native of Germany so I didn't know if there was a polite way to inquire about it. I think that maybe the intake for their heating pulls from an alley or something? Anyway, it was noticeable and persistent. But I did not notice it in the room. Until one time the fan in the bathroom (which comes on automatically) started sucking the same smell into the bathroom. That was nasty. I can't remember how I solved it--maybe just closed the door and let it blow itself out? Anyway--that was a downside that I have to admit, but other than that it was charming and really well located.

The location, the location, and the location were my three favorite things. It's an easy walk from the central train station. And it's an easy walk to Marienplatz. Not sure what else there is to ask for.

Very small reception. In order to get to the room you have to walk through outside then into a shabby stairwell. Bed was a bit on the hard side.

Room is big

A bit of a stale food smell mixed with room freshener and stale smoke. Very tight space in the room...too small to leave cases open.

Position position position! Fabulous brekkie and great bed linen.

Odd arrangement to get to reception and breakfast. Had to go outside and a few doors down go back in but didn’t cause any problems.

Bed excellent. Breakfast excellent.

• Quadruple Room

I would not have booked this hotel if i had know that one had to walk outside to go to the breakfast room - we had children with us and outside was freezing. The room including the bathroom were very small - this was basically a double room with two more beds - leaving absolutely no space. We also only had 4 cloth hangers for 4 persons. The shower is not recommended for someone who is overweight. Also the breakfast room was too small for the amount of guests.

The staff were very accommodating and had a ready smile. The décor of the room was modern and the location very good. The items for breakfast were also good.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

There was a slight odor entering hotel that sometimes permeated upstairs. (I have a sensitive nose!!)

The location was super. The breakfast was fabulous, fresh squeezed orange juice!!thete

Nothing negative to report to be honest, would stay here again in a heartbeat

Perfect location to train station as its 3/4 minute walk, 15 minute walk to main square, very good breakfast and room was very clean. Would def recommend this hotel.

There was a smell in the entrance to reception. The hotel was full so the room the breakfast buffet was in was small and there was little room for movement

Ideal position from railway station and nice restaurant across the road for good food called the retro bar next to pharmacy. All the reception staff very helpful and spoke good English. I had a problem with TV not switching on. Once reported someone there inside 5 mins

• Quadruple Room

Hotel entrance accessed by fast- food outlet staff at night.

Ease of access to main train and underground station. Excellent breakfast. Clean and fully functional room. Helpful accommodating staff. Quiet hotel for a city centre location. Room 53 was good for 2 adults and 2 teenagers

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The pillows were not nice, room was quite small, Tv channels as usual not great, also WiFi wasn’t brilliant

The location of the hotel was great, it was clean and staff very nice.

Browse Hotel Munich Inn - Design Hotel traveller photo gallery