Reviews of Hotel My Bed Dresden 2 stars

Rehefelderstr. 19, 01127 Dresden, Germany

#104 of 106 hotels in Dresden

Based on 578 hostel reviews

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

to find a parking spot on the street was not so great. the staying fee was 29 euro a night for one bed with share bath,said in booking.com but there was extra hidden charge for another 1 euro. so total was actually 30 euro a night. I mean it is not a problem to pay but they should've say 30 euro a night from begining.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There was a guest kitchen but hardly any cutlery ! At one stage there weren't any spoons, for example. Also the fact that if you closed the door to your room you were automatically locked out was a bit problematic ( I go locked out thinking I had the key on me ) !

Very clean, nice simple room in a nice area. Good value for money.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The hostel is located on a very nice street close to the river, so it is possible to have a walk worth a view to the city center. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and equipped with a TV. It took us around 15 min to get to the city center with a tram. It is possible to buy a breakfast in the hostel, but there are also bakeries nearby so there are some breakfast options in the morning. I can only recommend this place :)

No one around to check in. Had to ask a neighbour to call them so some one would come to the place to let me in, check in. No one around to get breakfast and had to go out to buy some. When I complained, the woman just shook her shoulders and said ok.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

the breakfast was terrible. we paid 8,50 euros each and they didnt serve bread to spread marmelade on!. even though there was a common fridge, people were stealing even the baby youghurt!

clean room and bathroom, comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

It was a bit hard to find, not any real signs anywhere. When we eventuell find the spot it was so much noice from constructionworkers and others. We knew it was a hostel but we really didnt look at the pictures, so we have ourself to blame ourself. It was very low standard for that price. BUT, if i were younger and traveled around again I would have loved it. We might try the more expensive rooms on our way home again.

I liked the atmosphere in the hostel, if we were few years younger i think we would have loved it.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Comfortable, spacious room & value for money stay. Very close to the tram station (Number 4,9 & 13) so easy access. Also helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The reception closing early and required Internet cafee with printer and scanar

Increase and improve the breakfast quality and equipped the rooms with kettles for making tea and coffee

Despite booking a room with a private bathroom on Booking.com, on checking in I discovered that no room was booked in my name. The receptionist kept postponing my check-in to care for other guests who came AFTER me.Then finally she apologized and explained that there is no room booked and fished out a Single bed room with a shared bathroom!! The room was comfy but very cold despite turning on the Heater to full function. There was definitely a leakage or insulation problem. Overall not happy.

Comfy bed

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Location is not the best. An hour by foot from city center. But the tram stop is close.

Staff was nice, and we managed it even they were not good in english and i have poor german 😀 Room clean, the beds were ok. They provide towels. Tram station, with direct connection to city center, train and bus station, is just few minutes by foot.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

- reception closed upon arrival - receptionist does not speak English - uncomfortable bed - unreachable wifi signal - city tax not included in the rate

- peaceful location - warm room - close to trams

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

I requested a recipe for my company. Lady on reception told me, that a change of recipe is impossible (it was on my personal data). After a long talk, she guaranteed me, that I will get the recipe on my Email. Till now I haven't receive any information from hotel staff. I sent two mails, made several calls (no one is answering the phone). Nothing. I am on a businesses trip every week and every hotel/hostel/B&B and only in Dresden had this kind of problems.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

- not so clean, - not particularly consistent in executing their own rules for public space (kitchen), - terribly uncomfortable bed mattress

- deacent heating (Autumn) - kind, however not English-speaking staff

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Wifi would not work in the room , floor dirty,no heavy curtians you need a mask.

Bed good ,roomy,parking in the area is free and reasonably easy to find an available space.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

We have to park in a public place.. The time I arrived at the hotel was public street parking near the hostel was almost full. I took 10-15min to find the space on the street.

The room was clean and neat. It was great staying in Dresden. The tram station is not so far. Its good location for travelers with vehicles.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I would definitely NOT come here again.The workers were really not nice. I had to pay 20 euros extra the day I arrived because I was late (I did not get any bill that I paid these 20 euros). At the next day I was waiting 1 hour and a half for someone to be at the reception(after I called them three times). I said I didn't see fair paying those 20 euros but they ignored it.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

there was not any private space for parking and there was poor wifi

No private bathroom like in description. Summer blanket in winter. Nothing to keep the room dark in the morning.

• Family Room

Dirty breakfast room with smoke odour, don't say there is parking with no need to book a slot, because it was on street parking

Balcony

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff - friendly and helpful!

The bathroom was dirty

The welcome coffee

parking, shared bathroom

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very clean facilities and super nice staff!

• Family Room

staff was greedy, they demanded extra money then mentioned on booking.com

nothing to like in that place

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Wifi was awful, bathrooms wasn't having flip-flops, or champo or soap

location was good as it near to city center

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Vary nice confort room,cleen.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared bathroom was smelly and dirty. The bedroom had spiders. The staff was not there at the scheduled times.

The location was good.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Spotless if basic room. Good location close to stops on 3 tram lines. Solid wifi. Tremendous value for money.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Comfortable and clean

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

impossible to communicate with staff properly

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Location beds are really small and flat Reception don't speak English well

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

A bit far from city center, 30-40 mins walk A bit loud doors closure in all rooms

Nice area Supermarket Netto 5 mins walk Good balcony in 3 places room

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

Reception rarely manned - on my day of departure there was still no-one around by 0900 and so I eventually posted my keys. When there was someone there during my stay they were great, although they did not all speak English. The bedroom was spartan, with an ill fitting window blind that allowed anyone living across the street to see straight into my room!

Relatively quiet location close to a tram line into the city centre, small number of rooms, so not much internal noise. The facilities were pretty basic, but you pay for what you get.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Reception was almost always closed. You have to call them to open you, and wait for them outside. You have to pay if you want to check in later than 20h, 10 euros/hour. Rooms are not cleaned everyday, as expected. And whats more, when I asked how often did they clean the rooms, they lied me and told me once every two days, but they didnt clean it during my stay. They didnt even replace the empty bottle of soap for the shower. Finally, beds are quite uncomfortable. I was happy to leave the room, after a new backache.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Location is Far from center. If you want to stay, you should take 30mins to get there from center. The staff was so rude to me because She did not explain anything at all when I ask her why price is different from booking.com. She told me that if you want to complain about the price, come after 2 days even you leave here tomorrow. The price is hugely different from guaranted price in booking.com. She just said if you do not want to pay that, get out of here. That time, I dont have anything like smartphone or laptop to search new place to stay. I had to pay more 40euro than guaranted price. In addition, she did unhospitable during doing late check-in even though I paid her the money for late check-in. Wifi was also not connected well in room. Everything was horrible experience.

Nothingp

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Our train delayed little bit and we got there later, there was no one there!!! I called the number on the door he told me he will charge me extra 10 euro per hour to come and do che check in!!! I refused to pay and then he started to threat me not to answer my calls anymore and I can sleep in the street!! Later I realized I'm not the only one with such an experience there! Horrible staff!!!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Wi-Fi was intermittent for a couple of days but seemed to be fine later on, although I'm not sure if this was down to the hotel's network or my phone.

Super friendly and helpful staff who helped me orient myself to the city quickly. Convenient location that was quiet but only a short tram/S-Bahn ride from all the major attractions in the area, next to a supermarket, and a few minutes from the Elbe. Great price for a room in a major tourist city in the peak season.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

Easy to say: Never again Pay attention that the hotel cancels your reservation if you do not arrive until 20:00. This has never happened to me and I am a global traveller. Worse is that my family arrived after 5 hour driving from Poland at 20:45 and the hotel admin refused to give them a room. The admin additionally seemed to feel superior in this situation - hopefully not because of foreign visitors. A little discussion with the hotel admin afterwards showed no flexibility - the admin threatened to immediately get a third party incasso company involved. As I say - whatever the location itself is like. Stay away from this hotel!!!

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

Simple, clean rooms, with just what you need. Good internet connection. Hospitality (host was very helpful). Near to city center (5-10 min by tram). Even a shared kitchen (helpful if you didn't choose breakfast).

• Reviewed: 2 May 2015

1. Free WiFi doesn't work. At the first night my laptop cannot connect with WiFi. The next day it can establish a connection but it seemed that the WiFi is too slow even for a web browsing. 2. The reception staff is usually not at his desk and you have to call him on his cell and then he will come.

1.Very comfortable room, large and clean. 2. There is a kitchen that the guests can cook while living there. 3. Also a fridge to use. 4. The place is quite, also a little bit far from the city center, it is not hard to reach with public traffic service. 5. A lot of supermarkets nearby.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

The rooms are located in a separate building from reception, which I found quite odd. The location itself is not that great, specially for what it costs.

I stayed in a private room with shared bathroom. Everything was really clean and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2015

poor wifi reception. not much to do in the area. need to get tram. only 10 minutes to city though, so wasn't a problem

clean, comfortable, friendly and cheap !

• Reviewed: 7 March 2015

Intense and bad smell from toilets/bathroom. No parking. It will take a while to find a parking spot on the streets near the hostel

Cosy and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

The staff refuse to check you in if you arrive later than 8pm, which is way too early for a big city like Dresden. I e-mailed the owner saying I would arrive later than this, and got a series of rude reponses back saying the recption shuts at 8pm. I had to change my plans at great cost and stress because the owner can't be bothered to keep the reception open for normal hours. The toilet and sink were blocked, and the bed was uncomfortable, and the soundproofing was non-existent.

Nothing, they have complete contempt for their customers and deserve to go out of business. There are many decent alternative accomodations in Dresden for a similar price.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

スタッフが親切.ビアハウス (Brauhaus Watzke) まで歩いて行ける.コインランドリーが通りの向かいにある.旧市街にトラムで簡単に行ける. Staffs are very kind. Brauhaus Watzke is in walking distance. A coin-operated laundry is across the street. You can easily access to the old district by tram.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

Fantastic staff

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

WiFi was not good. Very bad signal and could most of the time not connect.

Most facilities were clean and functioned well.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

- nice Russian-speaking staff - clean - kitchen is available

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

It's simple and clean, tram stops and close to the hotel, staff is very friendly and helpful. Perfect for it's price.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

quite cheap but very cozy and so big im very gald to stay there

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

wifi did not work at all.

The location is not that bad. there's a brilliant bridge nearby.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Wireless LAN not working.

Affordable

• Reviewed: 31 August 2015

Nice area around: Supermarket, restaurants, post office, lavatory etc. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

It's not open 24h, no wi-fi in rooms, staff can't speak english very well

Good brakfast, rooms are clean

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

Last check in is at 8 and there's a 10€ charge for every hour you're late beyond that. Don't miss the check in time !

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

WI-Fi didn't work at all, my bed clothes had bad(old) smell.

Really cheap for a single room.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

The WiFi was very unreliable, usually didn't work at all

Receptionist was very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

owful wi-fi. lets say its easier to say that there is no internet available

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

no channels in Spanish. no bathroom in the room or refrigerator

close to the tram and shops. wi-fi free

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

No fridge inside the room.

I was able to check in much earlier than 14h.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2015

Room was very cold & wifi was not working

• Reviewed: 3 April 2015

-helpfull stuff and easy instuctions to find it

• Reviewed: 1 April 2015

nice hotel!

• Reviewed: 26 March 2015

Do not come to breakfast as the last one (9:30), some food like country eggs will be eaten by then...

friendl staff, location near Watzke brewery

• Reviewed: 12 March 2015

unusebale wi-fi. Nowadays it is important as people work remotely.

Room, bed, silence. transport,shops,cafeteria nearby. River is in 200 m from hotel

There are also 23 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel My Bed Dresden traveller photo gallery