Reviews of Centro Hotel National Frankfurt City This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Baselerstr. 50, Gutleutviertel, 60329 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#200 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

6.2

Location is great, All staff in front office were ...

The behaviour of Pakistani guy in front office

Location is great, All staff in front office were outstanding expect a pakistani guy, who was very shroood with all the in coming guest. Morning breakfast is good and the staff in excellent in restaurant.

It was a grand hotel in the old style.

There was nothing to not like about this hotel.

It was a grand hotel in the old style. Located centrally to restaurants and shops. Close to the Hauptbahnhof, which was important to us.

6.0
    Would not rush back
    • Comfort Single Room

The room was small and the minimum size. Air conditioning was not evident in it.

The breakfast was adequate -just- for the price .The staff were helpful. The location was good for the train traveller.

We enjoyed our stay at Centro Hotel National Frankfurt City
    • Standard Triple Room

Very close to the main train station which was very important to us. The staff was very friendly and helpful.The hotel was very clean and the Breakfast was good. We would stay again. Delanthie Silva.

Hell has opened its gates for us...

EVERYTHING! Fleas, dirty sheets, hair in bathroom, worst receptionist ever, broken toilet, disgusting room / carpet, please listen and never go there! NIGHTMARE NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING

Hot and noisy, in Summer!

There is no air conditioning, no Fan! So, during hot seasons it wouldn't be comfort. The Street noises added to while we have to open the windows! It should have a fan in every room, at least.

Location, Spacious room, breakfast, cleanness, tea and coffee maker in the room.

Quiet, good location in the city.
    • Comfort Single Room

Advertised as having parking. In the end it did not, and I had to pay 32 euro to park my car overnight in a different parking place.

Quiet, good location in the city.

Decent value, but next time I’ll go elsewhere.
    • Standard Single Room

My mattress was very uncomfortable, and after two nights at the hotel without any other change in my routine, my skin reacted poorly to the sheets. Usually this means not-so-clean linens. Also, I saw body hairs in the bathroom from the person before me. And the hotel only provided a squeeze bottle of soap which I found weird. I’m sure it’s meant to save money on their part but I would have preferred cheap individual soaps as opposed to a bottle that has been refilled in who knows how long.

The staff was helpful, and the bread rolls at breakfast were really good, though fresh from the microwave.

Very average..stay somewhere else. Dont rely on the pics on site..
    • Comfort Single Room

Grumpy unsmiling staff. Restaurant and bar not open at all. Booked 3 identical rooms on the site pics and descriptions...got 3 entirely different rooms in size and facilities . Noisy. No air con...lucky we stayed in winter.

Location is the only thing that I rate at better than average

Comfortable room close to main station
    • Comfort Single Room

The room had character but could use refurbishing as there were sections where the walls and bathroom door frame were deteriorating and some mold visible on grout in the shower, though the bathroom was sanitary and well scrubbed otherwise.

The room had convenient bedside lights, high ceilings, and a chandelier providing comfortable ambient light. Breakfast was standard European cold cuts, boiled eggs, and cereal options. The bread and quality was good, and they provided a whole pot of coffee already at each table. The hotel is kitty corner from the main station. Back room was quiet.

Never again will I stay here.

Rude staff member when I asked to have my room changed due to the smell upon walking in. My room smelled like marijuana and triggered an asthma attack for me.

Bad out weighs the good.

The room was dated, no hot water for a shower, hard bed, smokey and musty smell. Vehicles must be moved from street by 7am or be ticked or towed. Garage parking available but expensive and closes at 9pm. Around the corner from the red light district. 😒

Close to train station and 20 minute walk to City Center.

I am totally satisfied with my stay and this view is having the blessing of my wife too

Lobby and reception can b further improved

Hospitality and behaviour of staff and the size and cleanliness of room and especially the nearness of main station

horrible week experience in this hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

We checked in and went in the bathroom in the room And the sink was "stopped up". We could not even wash our hands or face. When we used the toilet, it was "stopped up" too. Had to go down to the loby to use the bathroom. A very very bad experience. I will never book a room at this hotel again....others can...but not me.

Should be downgraded to 2star

See above

This hotel was a big disappointment. We reported that the fridge did not work and we were told that we were lucky to have a fridge in the room because it had been downgraded from a 4star to a 3star property. The bed was hard the pillows awful and the bathroom need to be regrouted and the drains unblocked.

Staff were very helpful.

Breakfasts were okay, could have done with a little more variety. Could have had information in the foyer or rooms about places to eat.

Staff were very helpful. Rooms were neat and clean with comfortable beds.

The first impression is very bad for this hotel...

The man incharge of the counter is very rude, he told me I gave a wrong credit card no n I told him if I gave d wrong no booking.com will not accept my booking n he insist me to pay my room in full immediately,This is very old hotel which I will not recommend to people...

Near to train station...

Very near to train station, city center. Room is quite OK. No private parking just roadside park.

The website write "Private parking available on-site" but there is just paying parking at roadside, they didn't have own parking. I got click for 2 single beds, but the bed is not split, can't change.

The location is very near to the train station, city center

ok for one night stay

Wifi poor if everyone on it you cannot get onlinel, stated on booking.com that parking available at 15euros per day. this is not the case no parking available.

easy to locate, good selection on breakfast. only 1 member of staff was helpful.

Poor Quality

Decor jaded, breakfast cold buffet - poor in quality - room very basic with old furniture - Bathroom has shower in bath was just an old shower head - staff were friendly and helpful and probably the only positive here

Decent location

Good location with fair breakfast

Reception was slow and not comprehensive, in that we were not given info on when/when is breakfast. No smile.

The breakfast menu was fairly good, with nice coffee and fresh fruits.

We enjoyed our stay very much and would stay there again next time we go through Frankfurt.

Could not fault anything with this hotel

We had a lovely room facing the street. Double glazed windows so you could not hear any traffic outside. Only a 5 minute walk from the main station which was excellent. It was about a 20 minute to walk to the "old town" so very close to everything. Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of foods including eggs. The dining room was beautiful.

Good but limited the Internet access

Only allowed 1 device to connect to Inernet, nowadays Nobody has a single device, that limitation is absurd, it is like they say "Sir for the price you are paying you are only allowed to sleep in the chair, if you want to sleep in the bed inside the room you have to pay an additional fee.

The room

Bad stay
    • Standard Triple Room

The hotel charged me with the wrong number, although I have already complained and asked to the reception staff, my money still didn’t back to my card and I didn’t received any replies till now.......Besides, the staff have opened our door without we answering once during our stay there......

Nice stay

It was not dirty but it could be a bit more clean.

The Breakfast was good! The bed and the room was very comfortable. The staff was helpful. Reinovated rooms.

Horrible

Breakfast I couldn't try since, even if included, they didn't bother to let you have something earlier than normal breakfast time. Terrible hotel, I think the worse I got located near a train station in all my life. Everybody knows that near a train station is noisy, but such an hotel cannot be rated 4 stars. 2 are even too much. not polite staff. Lost reservation even if it was paired in advance.

I was ordered this room just for one reason ( the breakfast...
    • Comfort Double Room

I was ordered this room just for one reason ( the breakfast included, as I was going together with my son ) the offered price from beginning on booking.com was given 285 EUR per 3 night, but instead of this I paid 377 EUR for my staying. I asked to change my booking directly hotel, nobody trust to contact me.. they just calculated total amount in next 15 minutes. I will never stay in this hotel in the future and tell my friends to do the same.

Overnight between fights

Taxi driver could not find hotel ' Centro' cost us an extra 20 Euros while he drove around and sought directions. Important to say National not Centro. Perhaps you should revise order of words in your booking confirmation

Very helpful front desk

The hotel was clean and in parts impressive. Decor ok and so was furniture. But not modern.

Our original room we went to had someone in it , so we were upgraded. Bed was comfy, but had to ask for more milk and loo rolls as maid hadn't put in room.

Breakfast was tasty and varied, bed comfy.

Not good but not the worst

Hotel was in the same location as the red light discrict and was surrounded by homeless and beggers. Hotel room was filthy and was extremely warm. There was a fan in the room but it just circulated the warm air. Room also had a very strong smell which was not nice. Car park was expensive and everyone had to park in single file at the side of the hotel. Because of this the hotel had to hold on to the car key in case someone had to move the car. This was not disclosed prior to booking and was very odd.

Breakfast was good. Staff were friendly and accommodating

Trip was ruined by the stay, to say the least - read full review please

BEWARE: Unsafe location and unprofessional, hostile staff Upon arriving at the destination I asked if bags could be left in storage with the hotel staff and they said it was perfectly fine and safe to do so. At no stage did they say that there was a risk in doing so, neither did they say we were leaving the bags at our own risk. The clear impression was that this was a secure arrangement. Later, when we arrived back our suitcase was missing (Containing clothes worth 500e and a laptop worth over 1000e). When we spoke to the staff at the desk they were unable to locate the luggage and offered an apology. We asked to speak to the manager and he then informed us (to our surprise) that even his own luggage was stolen from the property (Clearly, I was initially misinformed). I filed a police report because the staff said they cannot review the footage and needed the police to do so. The police report was inconclusive due to the CCTV being very low quality and almost worthless. The manager informed us that usually the hotel compensates guests for these types of incidents and they would have to contact their head location at Hamburg. We were provided with the numbers and I was told I would be contacted within a week, this never happened. We continuously tried to contact them to get the manager we spoke to but he would never be available and at one point the staff were overheard in the background of the phone talking to what I assume was that same manager telling the staff to get rid of us basically. The phone responses became increasingly rude and they stopped answering my personal number entirely. The behaviour of the staff and the hotel manager was unprofessional and hostile to the victims of a crime. It is clear that their initial goal was to mislead us into thinking that they would help in this situation, knowing that we would have to leave and they could then forget about the problem. They gave empty promises and behaved in a totally untrustworthy manner.

very close to hauptbanhof. good location if you arrived late at night.

i thought i booked a double bed instead of twin beds. i find the room similar like in love motel in Korea where the shower is in outside and can be seen from my bed. luckily its not transparent.

security as lift requires card for guest to access.

Horror in hotel Centro
    • Comfort Double Room

The housekeeper called Blame David pretended to be a manager and he tried to steal our laptop and kurio and we wetnessed two Chinese lady lost their visa cards and two mobile phone and more than 1000 ero and the police was their. The hotel was not clean and the hotel do not provide water, milk and tea bags. All in all the hotel Centro is not fit for purpose.

NOTHING AT ALL

A great central location for visiting Frankfurt and its surrounding areas

From the outside, the hotel does not look good and there were always 'beggars' around the main station. However, once inside the hotel, everything looks good. Also, the 'beggars' do not pester people

We chose this hotel for its location and this was our second visit. The main Frankfurt station and underground are very close, across two roads. Breakfast was superb and there was always a lot of choice. Staff continually replenished the food and tables were quickly cleared and re-laid. There was also a lift to all floors!

Last minute booking

The room was hot and there was no A/C The fourth floor, where I was located, looked like a storage floor, so it was kind of creepy There were blinking lights... even creepier

Not the best, okay sums it up

Room looked different to what was pictured. Tap smelt odd when water came out. Staff didn't feel very personable. Hotel looks dated and old both inside and out. District that hotel is located in didn't feel nice.

Breakfast had good scrambled eggs and sausages. Very delicious

The Hotel "lost" a star.

The Hotel was listed as a 4 star, but it "lost" one of its stars according to the staff and is now only a 3 star. The safe did not work and neither did the hairdryer. The hotel had a bad smell allover. The lift is very slow and the room in need of repair.

The price meets expectations, quality is in line with the price.
    • Standard Single Room

Wifi did not work from several attempts. The carpet on the floor was not clean. Almost all tables were busy during the breakfast and almost no free place to sit.

Very simple room, good location near railway station/ Bahnhof, the price meets expectations, but not exceeds.

Would not recommend.
    • Standard Single Room

The evening staff, especially the lady were very rude and unaccommodating. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable and the cleanliness of the room wasn't up to par.

The morning staff were very nice and the location is close to the train station.

OK for a one night stay but not for longer

Rooms dated and noisy and uncomfortably warm

The hotel is a little run down and needs some TLC for sure. Our first room the bed base was so squeaky we could not sleep and the no air conditioning but if you open the window you get the noise of the traffic. Breakfast was really good and so were some of the staff at reception, some did not get a flying hoot whereas some really cared, luckily, we got to change rooms. BUT they gave us a single with a double bed in it so VERY cramped. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

Super close to the Hauptbahnhof
    • Comfort Single Room

A couple of pubs below the hotel - lots of rowdy drunks causing a ruckus till very late (past 2am) the night I stayed.

Good breakfast spread Literally a stone's throw away (50m) from the Hauptbahnhof south exit Great staff - I left books in my room after checkout. Staff kept it safe from me and returned it when I was back 2 weeks later.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Convenient and not bad
    • Standard Triple Room

The furniture were a little bit old but clean enough

5 mins walk to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof, super convenient. Fast internet, Breakfast included. Big rooms.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Friendly, well-located hotel that offers value for money
    • Standard Single Room

No closed shelf space for clothes, only a hanging wardrobe and the hotel insisted on charging upfront for my 10-day stay. It could do with refurbishing, and lack air-conditioning might be a problem in the rooms facing the sun - luckily, not in my case!

Excellent location for people who arrive by train and want to be within walking distance of the river and most attractions. Large quiet single room with a big bathroom on the courtyard side away from the sun most of the day. Friendly staff and very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great Location, Great Price, Great Staff

Placement of toilet was a little cramp situated withing the opening span of the door.

Friendly, helpful, patient, & multilingual staff. Great location downtown near the main train station.

A short break in Frankfurt

The room was a little too warm and with the window open at night it was rather noisy with emergency service sirens and trams going past. (However, that is not a fault of the hotel, of course).

The location was great, close to the railway station and walking distance to everything we wanted to see. The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was spacious and comfortable just a little too hot during the night. Breakfast was pleasant enough with hot eggs and sausages as well as continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Somewhere on tour in Frankfurt at the hotel national

Rooms are dated and in need of a good dust found dirty clothes under bed in one room and rubbish in an other, toilets need a good mildew clean two minutes would sort that. The name please update this there isn't deluxe city showing outside just The National Hotel so you can walk right by it we did twice and eventually found it via the back door and google maps!!! It's right across from the station exit at the spar sign and next door to colour hotel you cannot miss it!!!

Breakfast was good fresh and plenty to choose from. The room was amazingly quiet considering the tram runs right outside. Beds are comfy and linen is crisp clean.

Unclean toilet and unclean wash basin, can not be 4 stars at all

Unclean toilet and unclean wash basin, which was disgusting as this hotel says it is 4 stars. Another bad incident happened. All of a sudden, one maintainace guy from the hotel opened our room with a master key with out knocking at the door or with out any information form the reception that maintainance guy will come to the room. We were inside the room and out of no where this guy opened the room and entered. He said he should do some maintanance at the window. Need to do maintainance can be understood but opening the hotel room without knocking or informing the guests staying there can not be acceptable. This hotel can not be a 4 star hotel. There was no extra facility for our baby. There was no bed provided for our baby. The hotel entrance as well as breakfast room have stairs not slope for pram.

Good breakfast, great location

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Overall good 4/5
    • Standard Triple Room

The Internet (WiFi) is only limited and available for 2 devices more people or devices of yours would have no connection.

Staff are very nice, clean and classic designed rooms. Very good location

Helpful staff
    • Comfort Double Room

Very helpful gentlemen in reception. Pleasant breakfast each morning in dining room. Room away from road was nice and quiet. Position near railway station made for easy access to day trips.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Best value stay in town

The only thing to dislike was the slow lift, but that is a very miniscule complaint.

Great staff, convenient location, super clean. Free breakfast was wonderful. The slightly outdated decor is irrelevant. The room was spacious and clean. Separate twin beds for traveling friends was a nice rarity.

Absolutely fine for the price I have paid

A bit noisy may be. Avoid the rooms on the streets. Location is practical but the streets around are typical "central station" streets.. so not the best one :)

Price-quality ratio is good. The staff is friendly, the rooms are a bit old fashioned but clean. The breakfast is completely fine and this hotel doesn't look like at a cheap one. I would recommend it. Moreover, the central station can be reached in 3 minutes by foot.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Absolutely reccomend

We had an excellent stay. The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. People working at the reception were super friendly and helped us out attending all our inquiries. Breakfast was also great!

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

A filthy smelly dump which should be closed down
    • Standard Single Room

Every thing. This hotel must be closed down as it is a health hazard. The smell of the room and the corridor is un bearable. It is shameful that Booking.com sends people to stay in such a dump. It is not suitable for human being.

Corroded sanitary pipes, in high need of renovation works. Poor service.

Water from shower and sink was brown due to corroded sanitary pipes. Dusty rooms. Lazy staff. When asked to fix a street facing window that could not be closed fully (a lot of noise at night as a consequence) I had to come down to the reception after 20 minutes to remind them of the issue since no one showed up. They looked at it for 2 minutes, could not immediately fix it and just left without solution or proposal for any compensation. Poor service.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

The bed is confortable and also the room is clean.

what you find in the room its not the same what you see in the pictures. There everything looks nice and new, but, actually its a little old and the towers were broke. Also inside the room its a little bit cold. Its good only maybe for one night, not more.

The bed is confortable and also the room is clean.

2 out of three of our room did not get cleaned over a 3 day...

2 out of three of our room did not get cleaned over a 3 day (2 night) stay, this is unacceptable and when we told the front desk they responded "what do you want me to do?" Other staff I met were far nicer but I can't give a good review for service due to this.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Location was super
    • Comfort Single Room

Very old fixtures and renovation / upgrade badly needed. Somehow there was a discomfort in a hotel as it looked little shady though no direct observation but a feeling... it was not at all a 4 star.

Location was super

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Perfect location and ok hotel.
    • Standard Triple Room

The cleaning wasn't very well done and there was no showercurtain in the shower so everything got wet. No food available at the hotel, except for a vendingmachine which had mostly candy in it.

Excellent location, right next to the trainstation. The staff were helpful. The room was ok, we don't ask for more and very cheap. We stayed with two children.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Great location (2 minutes walk from the central railway...

Great location (2 minutes walk from the central railway station), kind staff, very nice room, rich breakfast. I would mention the great soundproof windows: although our room looked at a very busy street, we could not hear literally anything.

Very nice hotel
    • Comfort Single Room

The pillow could be better

In a very good position. The room was very clean and no traffic to hear. The breakfast was very good with a lot to offer. Any time again!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

If you look on the Internet, there is a wonderful bathroom...

If you look on the Internet, there is a wonderful bathroom in junior suites. In reality, the bathroom was old and horrible!!!!. The bar was awful. The whole hotel was in need of renovation. 3 stars right on the maximum. 339€/night. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Clean room, helpful staff but not 4 star hotel

No extra bedding. Mini bar with nothing in it and only two hangers in cupboard. No draws. Hotel says it's a 4 star but would class as 2.5.

Good location for train station and exhibitions halls. Staff were nice and very helpful. Clean.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Awful. Would never book again.
    • Standard Triple Room

I would never book this hotel again nor would I recommend it. It is so under staffed. Breakfast is absolute bare minimum. Rooms & bedding was so bare. Staff uninterested. We paid $468 euros for 2 nights. What an absolute waste of money. Not four star hotel at all. I think it barely deserves 2 stars.

No very much at all.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Good Hotel
    • Standard Triple Room

Bed pillows are terrible! Sound insulation is not exists in the room :)

Location is near the rail and metro station, breakfast is wonderful. Staff is friendly. Wi-Fi is free and fast.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Must stay, great value for money!
    • Comfort Single Room

Excellent service we received from staff and management. All this was done with a smile. The facilities was great! Close to all bus & train stations. This is a must stay!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Size of room, general cleanliness of hotel and room.

No drinking cups or glasses in room. Kettle but no other condiments aside the used bread knife on the side, an old packet of bread in the fridge and an old plastic wrapped sugar, fork and spoon on the floor behind the curtain.

Size of room, general cleanliness of hotel and room.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Bad service

Hotel said they DON'T have a double room even when I had a confirmed booking. Made us stand for more than 1.5 hour. Offered to stay in SINGLE room. Then said they've arrange double room. We went with our bags and see that was again a single room!! Upon argument for little less than two hours, they gave two single rooms. So actually both family members staying on different floors. Should have compensated or at least apologized for the problem we faced and time that got wasted. Highly dissatisfied.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Great stay! Wish it was for longer.
    • Comfort Single Room

The convenience of the location right across the street from the Hauptbahnhof and walking distance from the Innenstadt. The place was very nice and clean and brightly light and everything worked and was quiet and the staff was nice and they had a great breakfast in the morning. Lots of choices there. Nothing bad. And it is secure.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

The hotel location is perfect, walking distance to Hbf and...
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel location is perfect, walking distance to Hbf and close to all city attractions. Many thanks to the Reception staff which was always very helpful and cheerful. I will stay in this hotel next time.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Excellent quality and value for your money.
    • Comfort Single Room

The proximity to Train station - just on the corner, very clean room and all amenities you will need. I would recommend to everyone who needs easy access to transportation, restaurants and city center.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Good location but slightly expensive for its range

Nothing in perticular but breakfast could be slightly elabrated..and toiletries in bathroom would be good

Location was good.. clean bed n lenin also neat spacious bathroom..overall not a bad place just that take higher floor as tramlines are next to hotel.. slightly expensive but overall 7 out of 10..

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Nice room, clean and warm.
    • Standard Single Room

Hotel is quiet old and need to do some refreshing. City centre is not so nice as earlier because many Syrians and other refugees.

Nice room, clean and warm. Quiet around.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Close to the Main train station.

A little bit noisy with techno music coming from somewhere?? Nothing a pair of earplugs couldn't remedy.

clean, comfy bed and good breakfast. Terrific value. Great location if you're traveling by train.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Highly Recommended!

Water pressure in the tub.

The room was huge, bathroom was huge, water pressure was pooreally, breakfast was excellent and the staff was very nice a day helpful. TV carried American station. Yayyy.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Don't go to the Centro National Hotel. Awful at the Centro but great at the Frankfurt.

The first night we arrived there was no water from the shower. We were moved the following day to another smaller room. During our time there there was no hot water at all three days/nights. Other guests complained too. we booked into another hotel The Frankfurt Hotel about 5 buildings away for our final 2 nights before our return at the end of October. A totally different experience. We would not recommend Centro at all but 100% would the The Frankfurt Hotel. We also had problems getting the internet on their computer and they were not at all helpful then!

We loved the location a stones throw from the main train station.

Browse Centro Hotel National Frankfurt City traveller photo gallery