Reviews of Hotel Neustadt

Miquelstraße 34, 49082 Osnabrück, Germany

#30 of 34 hotels in Osnabrück

Simple but friendly. Fair price.
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Mattresses were very soft, felt old. Breakfast was heavy on meat, little fresh fruit.

Friendly and courteous staff. Secure bike parking in basement. Hotel is decorated with a maritime theme, lots of hand-painted murals.

Modest B&B with limited facilities. Would only accept cash from us, no "foreign" credit/bank cards
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Credit card not accepted so we had to walk to the bank to get cash. No warning of this when booking. Hotel Receptionist came into the dining room whilst having breakfast and announced that we had handed back our keys but had not paid in front of all the other diners, we explained that we were expecting to pay by credit card and would have to go to the bank. It was inconvenient and embarrassing. Luckily the other diners were very sympathetic to our situation.

the price. very reasonable B&B in nice location.

Nice, comfortable hotel
    • Economy Double Room

Really friendly and helpful personnel and service. Room was unique, with old world personality. Good breakfast. Hotel a nice walk away from the Altstadt.

It was very comfortable and clean.
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

It was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was just awesome and delicious. We were arriving late at night and the staff was very kind to leave the keys for us. Thank you for the trust and awesome stay!

pleasant budget hotel which suited me,breakfast,location and parking excellent.
    • Economy Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The shower!shower head pointed straight out from the wall so when it was on it sprayed onto and over the curtain,I didn't know this,and was alarmed to find a flood on the floor of an ordinary bath room,not a wet room.Nearly had a fit!!! the socket for the bedside light was powerless and the inner door handle come off in my hand. no kettle in room, could do with a hot water heater by reception(or a kettle in the room)

comfortable bed,nice and quiet apart from the church bells,which I didn't mind

It helps us enjoy a trip there a lot.
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I would bring beach-sundals if I have been aware the shower is shared. I would ask staff wifi password before end of reception 23:00, because that is only way to know.

Staff here are friendly and warm. Towel and soap are prepared as amenity, which is good enough for us. In terms of location, it's easy-access to city central (15 min by bus).

Very good location, plenty of buses on main streets both...
    • Economy Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very good location, plenty of buses on main streets both sides of hotel, Very nice staff, regular cleanliness and updating of sheets and towels etc. Excellent breakfast lots to choose from. My room with a lot of space had a nice view of the big church across the street. Excellent value for money.

Mycket bra boende för det priset.
    • Economy Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The tap in the room for cold water did not function. But minor problem since the bathroom was so close.

Nice staff, and a nice feel to the room, with picture over bed etc. Slept extremely well in the bed.

Enjoy your stay here, you will not regret choosing Hotel Neustadt.
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

I have had to think hard to find something wrong but it is only minor. My room was at the top of the hotel and although I could access the Hotels free WiFi on my tablet in my room the mobile struggled to connect but as I only used the room for sleeping it was not a problem and I had no problem with the connection when I was in the breakfast room which is where I spent most of my time when I was awake.

I love value for money, the next cheapest hotel was £18 a night dearer and I stayed 8 nights, a huge saving. Breakfast was included here but not at the next cheapest hotel. I was surprised I didn't have to pay anything until I arrived and could have cancelled at really short notice with no penalty. It is nice to say it but the staff really are friendly. I am envious of anybody going there and would not even consider anywhere else if returning to Osnabrück again.

Second visit, and I will use this hotel again.
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

I was a bit cold during the night but my fault for not asking for an extra blanket. It was snowing - very frosty. Next time I would ask for one.

Easy to find, fast check-in & nice welcome after a long drive. Good breakfast choice- and from 6 am which was great. Good free parking close by.

Unpleasant stay. I do not recommend.
    • Economy Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Awul residence. I booked on Booking, arriving, the manager told me that I had to pay again because he had no information from booking. The next day, the boss all confused, said me that he has received the money. I had a very small cover. The shower and toilet were collectives.I do not recommend this hotel.

breakfast

No frills, value for money in nice location with good wifi for short stay
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Room and toilet/bathroom could have been a bit cleaner. Shower also a bit dated with tape holding up the wallpaper and a bit dirty. This place for me is more in between a hostel and a hotel. Check in time was different than what was stated when I booked in. Would have been good if they had sent out an email/sms stating this. They don't really have proper parking, just 5 spots which were full so we had to look elsewhere in the area but it wasn't too hard. Walls a bit thin. Could hear a woman having a very nice time screaming loudly next door so probably not great if you have kids. :)

Room was nice and large with a good view and wifi worked well. Price was good including the breakfast,

Good room, amazing breakfast!
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

Good room, good stuff. Absolutely amazing breakfast! Shared restroom, 1 on the floor, but I expected that. Very good location in the city centre. Good value for money.

Very good value for the price and very friendly
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

Shower and toilet was rather small and simple, but for the price, still excellent value

Very friendly staff, excellent value for the price, nice breakfast, room had character

we'll keep coming back as the good points outweigh the not so good points
    • Economy Double Room

very small shower, drains not coping with amount of water, no hand basin in toilet

beds , the location, ( just off the motorway) the staff and the breakfast

Do not use this as a romantic getaway.
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Outdated hotel. Scruffy but full of "old Herman house" feel. Carpets didn't fit wall to wall.no bins in room. Bad smell from sink when neighbouring room used their sink. Forced to plug it with a towel (no plug) tiny tv. Paper peeling of shower room. Exposed wires from wall lights. Breakfast ok but eggs were black inside from over cooking. Refused to eat after seeing it. Didn't want to touch anything in the shared bathroom in case I caught something. Truly disappointed but my parents (older) loved it. (They don't travel much)

Comfortable, clean bed. (Mattress bottom torn)

Will NOT be staying here again.
    • Economy Double Room

Shower was inadequate, cleanliness not good (cobwebs), bedding not changed, no replacement of towels, no kettle or tea making facilities, TV was useless (local German-speaking channels only), no hot water. Venue was 1 mile+ outside Osnabruck (inconvenient)

Continental breakfast was ok

A simple but very lovely personally decorated.
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

The toilet was ok but could be cleaned better.

A simple but very lovely personally decorated. An older man runs the hotel and it's clearly to see that he takes care of it with passion. The whole place was in maritim style. The breakfast was amazing. For such a small prize per night (32 Euro) you get all kinds of breads, cold cuts, cheeses, warm boiled eggs, coffee, tea, cornflakes, müsli, fruit and much more! If you are looking for a plain but friendly and personal place, then this is where to go to!

All was surprisingly good - definitevely recommend for budget stay!

Bathroom on the second floor a bit too small and needs some retouch.... Beds not so comfortable - old mattresses

All was surprisingly good - Lovely decorated clean rooms, welcoming and friendly staff, nice breakfast, some good restaurants around and easy walk to the town.

Overall, due to the exceptional staff, we received more value than what we paid.
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The road in front was under construction, and had been for about ten weeks. This was not noted in our booking and so even though we had booked for overnight parking, none was available. Since the road access to the property was closed. Nonetheless the desk clerk on duty the night we arrived helped us find a spot for our car on a nearby street.

This was booked with the understanding that it was an economy room with a shared bathroom. That said it did include a private wash basin in the room, and a very well laid out European style breakfast in the morning. The staff was very friendly and helpful, each one we spoke with had very good English. A walk through the city centre in the morning proved to be a wonderful experience as well.

The room was bright and spacious with lovely ocean paintings...
    • Twin Room Business

Bathroom was a bit leaky!! There was a great spread of food for breakfast - could have done with more fresh fruit though. But that is not a complaint. We loved Hotel Nedstadt..

The room was bright and spacious with lovely ocean paintings on the walls. Very refreshing and just what we needed after a long day travelling.Staff were lovely. Food was plentiful.

Choose another hotel!
    • Twin Room Business

The hotel was near a church who have "big clocks" that was ringing(donging!) several times during the night!! Then it's hard to sleep! It smells like urin in the hotel and the shower/toilet was not so clean! It was no one there when we arrived and we had to wait 45 min before someone came and opened the hotel!? There was a number to call, we called maybe 20 times, but it was occupaid!

The breakfast was good!

Could be a lot better
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

No ensuite. No tea or coffee facilities in room. No complimentary toiletries. Rooms were a bit dirty, cobwebs and "bogies" on wall next to bed.

Dated and very tired. Needs a lot spent on doing it up to a moderate standard

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Staff very friendly and helpful,location very good and the ...
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

didn’t find any thing to complain about, excellent for one or two nights.

Staff very friendly and helpful,location very good and the breakfast very good,internet very good

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great place for the money
    • Economy Double Room

A few updates are in progress. A bit of a leak in shower. But we managed ok

Good food. Good service. Mandy was special all staff was great Very helpful for information.

Very good breakfast, friendly staff, free parking, free...
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom, towels could look better, photos on the Internet are only taken in the best rooms, they should correspond to each type of room, as the difference is considerable

Very good breakfast, friendly staff, free parking, free Wi-Fi of fair quality

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Excelent P/Q, good for a short stay
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared bathroom was smelly and got soaked after someone takes a shower Matrass was almost U-shaped Located inside an environmental zone, so basically we parked our car illegally

Very friendly and helpfull staff Spatious room, originally decorated Excellent price/quality Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Basic but good
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

The common bathroom (which I opted for) is a bit cramped and the door opens in an unpractical direction, but otherwise it's okay.

Excellent service: personnel stayed a bit later because I arrived a bit after official check-in time, and I understand that things could have been arranged if I had arrived even later. Breakfast is really good. Room is basic but good.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Good location, cosy rooms but unfriendly staff to foreign travellers
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff were rude and unfriendly. Pretended they couldnt speak my language! Card machine was down for the whole duration. They had thr cheek to say "well you have been here 4 days!" after i was told it will be working by the time i leave! Completely ruined my journey home having to get cash out, to which i missed my train and had taken my allowance for that day! Lucky we scrimped our change to get the bus to the airport! Absolute let down on their part!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

No internet facility
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

I would like to use internet when staying in hotel. But I did not use it. Actually I do not recommend this hotel for non EU people who have to talk with their parents/relative. In this hotel there is no internet facility. Some EU people using internet but I am not. I don't know why. For this I cost 16 euro to buy sim card with internet service. This is really bad. Another service is good. Breakfast, cleanness all is good. Only internet problem.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Brilliant value for a great hotel in a perfect location for all you need on holiday or trip
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

Everything was excellent for the price

It was close to town nice airy and fresh clean room with my own bathroom.the owner and housekeeper were really genuine friendly people and breakfast was more than adequate.in the area within a couple of minutes was is everything you could need.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

I will not recomand this hotel
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

There are a lot , from the fact that the lady was not speaking english and the communication was hard to the fact that the bathroom was miserable and disgusting .

The location.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Flying stop in Osnabruck
    • Economy Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Some may consider this a plus, but I sleep with the windows open and the bells from the Church opposite were seriously loud! (Windows shut = no problem)

Room was really nice - more like a study than a bedroom. Good breakfast. Parking was on the street but immediately opposite so easy. Lovely reception.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

we actually stayed in the hotel residence, as the hotel...
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

we actually stayed in the hotel residence, as the hotel neustadt sent us there... so hotel residenz was very comfortable and we totally recommend to stay there. nice stuff, clean spaciousspacious rooms and a good breakfast!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Alright.

The main road outside the hotel is very noisy and can keep you awake. We met two staff members, one was absolutely lovely however the other was very unhelpful and annoyed when we lost something in the hotel and asked to look for it.

The rooms were big, comfortable and generally clean.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

We'll come again
    • Twin Room Business

Exactly that day the credit card payment system had a problem (but that's not the hotel's fault!)

Breakfast buffet excellent; good coffee; very, very nice staff; town center in walking distance; Positive surprise: WLAN available (although a NO in the facilities description)

Excellent premise - staff over the top.

Alles gut.

Good value for money
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

No elevator Not so close to train station

Very nice guests. Very good breakfast

price
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

While booking I had missed, that room not have bathroom inside, just 1 common on a floor,

price

Clean.
    • Economy Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Vwry close to the church. One could hear the clock bell easily early in the morning

Clean. Very polite and friendly staff

Enjoyed my stay and would stay again
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

The room got quite hot as it was on the top level. Could not mount shower hose and had to hold.

Friendly staff, good location and comfortable room

Great staff and great rooms

Great staff and great rooms

Weekend visit
    • Economy Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very minor suggestion, background music at breakfast instead of silence?

Good room for a solo traveller. Clean and a good breakfast included.

wonderful. very kind staff
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

price, breakfast, location, breakfastroom staff

The breakfast was quite nice
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

It is a bit far from the city center and the bathrooms are shared

The breakfast was quite nice

Good service

Good service

Nice room, huge breakfast, great price.
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

Nice room, huge breakfast, great price.

Bloody excellent
    • Economy Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Fantastic room, service was great, excellent value for money.

Good hotel
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

Clean and cost effective room

Location and ease of parking on the road outside of the...
    • Business Single Room

Location and ease of parking on the road outside of the hotel.

Cleanless

all just superb

all just superb

Breakfast is perfect.

Internet is not ok.

Breakfast is perfect. Owner is very lovely.

Excellent for a nights stay
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Did not like sharing bathroom

Friendly staff and excellent breakfast

Price
    • Business Single Room

Price

Horrible.
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

Everything. Old Hotel ,secluded, breakfast was cold and tasted like it had been prepared days earlier.

It was only for one night
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Small towels, cold breakfast, dirty toilet, run-down shower, broken window blinds, not prepared for child booking. Etc.

It was only for one night

A good value stop over.
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

This was a room without shower or toilet, but it had a washbasin. It was not luxurious but was clean and very good value for money. A good breakfast.

Gret place to stay , I'll come back for sure

Great place to stay , I'll come another time sure

Nice friendly staff, great breakfast,
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

Parking was pretty much non existent.

Nice friendly staff, great breakfast,

excellent breakfast!
    • Economy Double Room

Friendly and helpful owner, and an excellent breakfast.

overnight at Osnabruck

Friendly welcome - parking ok for motor bikes - easy walk into town. - good breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

It was awful and one of the worst places ever

It was awful and one of the worst places ever

Great Budget room. Good breakfast and clean room

Easy stopover enroute to Amsterdam

OK but could be better after small renovation
    • Twin Room Business

bathroom need a litle bit renovation

big room

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Good hotel
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

It was hard to find the location

People seemed friendly. I felt safe.

Maiwoche Reunion
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

The toilets were blocked on the 2nd morning, though to be fair the staff got them sorted very quickly.

The breakfast was good if predictable.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Suitable for one night stay only

room size is small

breakfast

Nice breakfast

The smell in room

Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The hotel is non-standard and nicely styled, see the photo...
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel is non-standard and nicely styled, see the photo of the breakfast room for example.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Was convienent and ok for the price i paid for the the room
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

Was more like a hostel - with a shared shower and bathroom which I wasn't expecting

The breakfast had a good selection

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Good breakfast and stop off point between Hamburg and calais
    • Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared shower room was a bit grubby.

The breakfast was pretty good

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Good value + nice breakfast!
    • Single Room Basic / Shared Bathroom

very good breakfast with a good choice, clean bathrooms and rooms, not far to the city center

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Exellent staff and delicious breakfast.

Poor wifi

Exellent staff and delicious breakfast.

Browse Hotel Neustadt traveller photo gallery