Reviews of NH Wiesbaden This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Aukamm Allee 31, 65191 Wiesbaden, Germany

#51 of 57 hotels in Wiesbaden

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Pleasant
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Friendly staff and comfortable hotel right where we needed it - next to DKD HOSPITAL. Would like to have known about and level of local tax before check out.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

A little expensive for what you get.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

An older hotel that needs a face lift. Although in a very nice location, there are few facilities (restaurants, stores, etc) close by. The rooms are clean and adequate, but all of the common areas are somehow linked to the bar. As such, when you sit down in the outdoor patio they expect you to either buy a drink from the bar, or order a meal from the restaurant.

The hotel is across the street from a nice park. Great for walking, but it can make parking a problem. The staff was friendly and helpful. A nice quiet place to stay that's close to the center of town, without being in all the hustle and bustle.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Quality of the floor and room were very poor and I felt deceived by the photos on the internet.

Carpets & furnitures were worn out, dirty and felt like 50 years old. The elevators were built in 1969 and one elevator actually stopped.

Breakfast was ok.

Clean and nicely prepared room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The hotel is quite old. Also the localisation is not the best. It is definitely quiet but fat from the city centre (30 Minutes walking).

Clean and nicely prepared room. Bathroom was spacious and quite nice. Stuff is nice and helpful. Value for the money is good I would say.

A disappointment.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

General lack of information when checking in; parking, use of facilities etc. Staff friendly, but service just standard. The room itself was ok, but the first impression when leaving the lift was far from good; dirty carpets in the corridor and generally in need of a coat of paint. Nh hotels were recommended to me by a colleague who had nothing but praise for the facilities and the comfort. For the price, I can't really complain, but generally a total let-down. Will definitely not book again.

Very comfortable bed and the breakfast was good.

Short but unnecessarily tiring.

The hotel did not have the rooms as purchased. The check-in was completely confused and chaotic, as a result. The hotel is rather shabby and in need of a complete renovation.

Location is good

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

good value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

the AC in the room was quite noisy, the windows could not be open, the hotel is located pretty far from the city centre

comfortable beds, excellent breakfast, quiet soroundings

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Avoid!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Scary elevator, very filthy hall carpet. Windows can’t be opened at all and you have no access to your balcony. Most noisy air conditioning. Our curtains just closed to the half. Slippery shower with constantly changing water temperature. Some small rust stains in the bathroom. Oh, and don’t hope for a bar on the roof! No idea where or when they took that picture...

Friendly staff. Nice quiet location.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Better options available in Wiesbaden.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

10€ taxi ride to the city center. Hotel was most likely really nice in the 90s. Hotel rooms feel old and used.

Lobby and Sauna area renovated and in very good state.

It had a good quiet location, good breakfast, and acceptable spa facilities.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no proper covering at the SPA resting area as the neighbour could see through. Fensterbank im Zimmer war nicht sauber.

Breakfast was ok with enough variety and personnel friendly and helpful.

It was one of the worst hotels I´ve ever been.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

It wasn´ t possible to open the window, for me it was terrible. There was air conditioner instead, but it was noisy. The bed wasn´t comfortable and water didn´t flow away from the washbasin.

The price.

Was our first and last time here.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There wasn’t really something we liked about this hotel. It’s old, the floors are a bit dirty. The staff is some what rude and definitely doesn’t make you feel welcome. I wish we’ve spent so much money for a better option. We don’t recommend to stay here. P.S. we forgot that breakfast was included in the price (our fault), no one from the staff reminded us about that.

Our room was clean.

The hotel is place in a quiet neighborhood.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The price we payed did in no way reflect the hotels standard. The bathroom was old, worn down, water dripping from the ceiling, yellow funny stuff growing on the ceiling, black funny stuff between the tiles. So 80s and old ... unfortunately NH does not think it is necessary to renovate.

The hotel is place in a quiet neighborhood. We stayed in a room on the top floor and had a great view over town

Staff not very helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Staff not very helpful. Especially disappointed for being “kicked out” even if we had been assured we would get a late check out. Also since i’m a NH Club member i was entitled to that. Traveling with a small child we were counting on that possibility. The reception very rudely said they were fully booked for that day and NEEDED the rooms!!!

Good location close to downtown.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Breakfast was overpriced (24.95 euros) and the manager at breakfast was rude.

Good location close to downtown. The rooms were clean and a good size. Breakfast was pretty good and the bartenders were very good and very cordial.

Biz trip to Wiesbaden
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The hotel is very old, the windows are extremely dirty and staff is almost indifferent to customers.

I have chosen this hotel because of the fitness room that is small but equipped with bycicle and running machine I was looking for.

After staying in 5 other hotels as we toured Germany THIS was the worst.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Staff was not engaged and slow to do anything. We complained 4 times about the temperature in the room and were told there was nothing they could do- it was on the winter setting. They sent housekeeping up to open a window for an hour. Really? Room was dusty and smelled stale. Very disappointed. Would not stay here again or recommend anyone to either.

Overall- pretty good, nice sauna!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The elevators were a bit shaky and the doors would close on you as soon as they opened and you entered. The fitness room was not great. There was a treadmill and two bikes. The treadmill's belt would slip if you went to fast and one of the bikes wasn't able to adjust height.

The rooms were good with a nice bathtub! I enjoyed relaxing in the lobby area with my husband, playing games! There was a minibar in the room which was nice that we could use the fridge for food we bought at the store. There weren't a lot of restaurants nearby, but we ended up going with a place that delivered. Staff was good. The sauna area was wonderful!! There is a wet and dry sauna with showers and lounge area. Very relaxing!

Very disappointing for an NH hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Where shall I begin.... Vanessa an employee there should be immediately terminated for rudeness and having a childish tantrum and storming off as she cancelled one of my rooms without my consent and I had it booked till March 23rd .....any complaints I had was written on a paper and never followed through. For example. The suite I reserved the extended room where the extra bed was provided was freezing as it had no heat and my daughter ended up sleeping next to us. So no use of the extra room. The hotel receptionist decided to cancel one of my rooms one day before departure without informing us. They threw away what was in the room. Luckily I took my sons bag to check something and left it in our room. Who knows what would have happened to his belongings. An employee who should be fired by the name of Vanessa was rude and didn’t help shouting and flustered she was the one who canceled the room. I gave her a detailed paper of what I needed done. She just lost the paper. Rude rude employee this Vanessa. We had over five rooms reserved as we came on a business trip and had many interior designers and engineers with us. I still can’t believe they cancelled the room as I was booked till 23rd of March and rooms were paid in full on day of arrival. I am more upset at the treatment of this employee Vanessa. She should be terminated immediately. The housekeeping never refilled the coffee or mini bar or water. I am very disappointed with this NH hotel.

What I liked was the extra bed was ready in the suite I reserved. The manager Moritz was able to somewhat correct a big big mistake hotel made.

The bed was comfortable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The size of the room is too small for 3 adults. I think that the lunch is overpriced also. I didn't like that when we went to check out the staff told us that we couldn't use our VAT form because he couldn't do it. That there was someone coming in 2 hours that could do it then. That is unacceptable to me.

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good. The location was good for us also.

Not impressed this stay. Standards seemed to have taken a steep downturn.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Bed was not comfortable. There was so much dust in the room, it looked like snow flowing around the room. No fresh air available on higher floors as doors are sealed shut. Menu has been greatly reduced from a previous stay.

Breakfast is an enormous buffet, but for over €20 one would expect a few options. Staff was friendly and quick to fix a €150 error on our bill.

Ok for a 2 day visit.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The fitness centre was extremely poor with only three pieces of equipment. The hotel is extremely aged but appeared clean. It was some way to City Centre.

Staff were amazing. Breakfast was good.

Nice room, and big sauna.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

in the corridor very old and used carpets. No bench in the gym :-) Breakfast is very expensive.

Nice room, and big sauna. Small gym, just cardio but at least something!

Location was out of town which suited us.

The staff weren’t super friendly. The lifts were tiny and made weird noises, our family of five had to make 3 trips with all our luggage. One lift had a very unpleasant odour. The carpet in the passage ways were stained everywhere and looked like they hadn’t been vacuumed in ages. The windows looked like they hadn’t been cleaned in years, dead flies on the window sill. We stayed two nights the first being New Year’s Eve and there was no cleaning service the next day which we understand with it being a public holiday but we were never informed of this prior to check in and this what you expect and pay for with a hotel. Free wifi was very slow, only way to get faster wifi was to pay for. Parking was not guaranteed. Feel this hotel is way too expensive for what you get. Would not recommend.

Location was out of town which suited us. Beds were comfy.

Everything was excellent The hotel was very clean and very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Everything was excellent The hotel was very clean and very good service especially from the receptionist who took into account my mistakes in the booking and welcomed us happily and took into account the situation and corrected the mistake we made and got us back. Very worth

wont be back
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

When you first arrive in reception it looks lovely,clean and modern. Once you get on to the room corridor,they look very tired need re-vamp. Room = Standard , bathroom tiles need good clean near bath,beds hard as rocks,there was a balcony off the bedroom but couldn't use due to door being locked asked if we could open, told not able to due to health and safety.Mini Bar half empty not been filled properly since last guest, Facilities = Wasn't able to make tea/coffee in room , due to there being no coffee/tea making Facilities in the room. This must be a European thing, as most UK hotels have these Facilities. I went to restaurant to get to 2 tea, took back to the room, was charged 10 euros, joke !!!! Check out = We had already paid for our room through booking.com, when checking out the receptionist try to state that room hadn't been paid,I call my bank while I was still in reception they advised me that payment had been taken.Receptionist apologized, but if I had checked before leaving I would have end up paying twice for room. NOT ON !!!!

I will definitely stay here again.

No complaints at all!

We loved the hotel! The breakfast much to select from. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was very helpful. The location of the hotel is super safe and close to the city sights.

it was okay long walk into town but worth it loads of nice eateries there
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

room was hot patio doors sealed shut. There was aircon but it was noisy ,pillows were saggy room needs upgrading hard mattress, hotel restaurant menu sparse ordered steak with sweet potato fries came with ordinary fries as they had not got any desert choice of 1 ben and jerrys ice-cream

breakfast was excellent

Average hotel. poor service in the lobby
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bar and restaurant were closed during the day,not even a snack! for a business trip, which sometimes demands lobby meetings, it's needed to have such a service in the hotel

Unfriendly and dishonest experience - will go elsewhere next time.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- unfriendly staff at checkin - parked our car in the hotel parking in the evening, only to find out that morning that we needed to pay 15 euro for it. This was not indicated anywhere, not at the garage, not at reception, nowhere. - Rooms have a balcony but the door to access this is permanently locked - probably needed to do that for guests who experienced the friendly night-staff service.

- The room was clean

Very clean hotel, but in a poor location - not accessible to anything.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor location. On one side was a hospital, the other was residential. No restaurants, shopping, etc. to walk to. Parking our car was very limited.

The cleanliness of the hotel.

The rooms where more like a travel lodge not a 4 star hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No open window in your room so the room had a damp smell to it and it was a very hot weekend so we didn't sleep very well we did have air con which was very old and noisey when we went down for breakfast at 9.15 there was nothing left I had to wait 15 minutes for scrambled egg

The Front entrance was amazing very up market and the bar man was very pleasant and helpful

A nice place to stay but extras are expensive if you have breakfast and pay for parking etc
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not included. We were unaware of the cost and found 25euro per person very expensive for breakfast.

The rooms were spacious and very comfortable.

Wonderful trip. The Germans were so helpful and friendly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I thought that it said there was a coffee maker in the room, desk said that was only for suites. The room was a little dated but clean and comfortable. The breakfast made up for any downfalls. The server was so sweet and helpful, wish I had gotten her name. She got us a to go cup to take a cup of coffee with us each day.

The breakfast was incredible! So glad it was included in the room... not all websites had the breakfast included so it's important to make sure you book where it's included. Once we knew how to get there it was really easy, but finding out was a little difficult. The bus station told us the bus to take and the stop but when we got off but we couldn't see the hotel from the bus stop. Only a couple blocks but hidden by trees etc. Beautiful peaceful residential area.

DKD Helios Clininc is next door!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The restaurant was close one night and I couldn't take dinner.

The location was next to the clinic which I wanted to go and that was very good for me.

Nice convenient for short stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are very outdated. A coffee-machine or water kettle would be nice.

Good for a one night stay while we were on our way to the Frankfurt airport. Didn't know that Wiesbaden is quite a delightful place to roam around in the evening. The staff were smiling and co-operating all the time.

You get what you pay for.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower had a problem with a leakie hose. The restaurant was closed on a Saturday evening and waiter serving a private party yelled this to me very rudely from across the room. In the morning there were no wait staff for the breakfast.

Bed was comfortable and the A/C worked good.

Nice chain hotel in quiet area of Wiesbaden with park / nature
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant is not open on weekends except for breakfast. Gym is small with only 4 machines, and not ventilated at all.

Free parking on the street - extremely easy to find. Not crowded unlike other Wiesbaden hotels. Actually not too far from the highway - without having to travel through downtown Wiesbaden. 200 meters from park, 600 meters from Aukamm hot bath.

The AC worked really well;
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room didn't seem to get vacuumed; couldn't access the balcony; shower wouldn't keep a steady temperature; the shower head adjustment wouldn't stay in place

The AC worked really well; the best was very comfortable; breakfast was really good; nice view; overall stay was great

Pleasant stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The balconies have to be upgraded. Air conditioner had a strange temperature+24C, what wasn't possible to change on the thermostat.

Breakfast with big variety of food was included.

The personal service and assistance I received from the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The personal service and assistance I received from the young receptionist, when my car broke down in front of the hotel, was absolutely exceptional! Thank you again!

Overall great value
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception staff member on the evening we arrived. He was struggling to cope with having several customers arrive at the same time. He didn't do anything to make them queue and everyone was interrupting both him and the other customers. I'm mentioning it because we've never had this experience at NH Wiesbaden, so perhaps they need to review the staffing.

The wonderful restaurant and bar manager - friendly and really good.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Excellent service but needs refurbishment
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

As a whole the hotel needs some refurbishment. It is outdated, carpet needs to be changed. Toilet was not cleaned amd the sink needs a replacement. All in all, o think the hotel is not goodvalie for money and i would not choose it next time.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Aukamm hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The property looks a bit dated. We wanted to ride the bus downtown and the front desk person had no information on that.

The location of this property was good for us as we used to live nearby and wanted to visit this. We didn't try the breakfast buffet as it was a bit pricey at 20 Euros each.

Good hotel, nice location, but not the best NH we ever stayed at.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

This hotel is up for renovation. The entrance, bar and restaurant has been taken care of and looks nice and modern, but the rooms are older. A smaller bed then normal at a NH (comfy and good sheets though). The biggest downside for us was that there was no window to be opened. We had a balcony but were not allowed on it and the door was locked not to be opened by guests... With the heat outside, it would have been nice to open something up and not just have an airco.

Good hotel, nice people. Excellent breakfast as always at NH. Parking has 3 options, underneath for 15 euro, outside for 4 or at the Streets for free. Since is was very hot, we parked underneath, very pleasant!

Great place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

the coffee machine in the room was dirty especially the water resevoir

This was a great hotel! I arrived pretty late but my checking was still smooth and with no problems. The room was great I am def going to stay here again. The staff I interacted with was really nice, I wish I could have checked in earlier to be able to enjoy their rest which looked good and also the sauna

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Elevator was too slow.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Elevator was too slow. Every morning I has to wait more than 5 minutes Morning time when many people normally check out, there is only one person at reception. It is not customer friendly since we had to wait for long time.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Off of my list
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1- the elevators is old and noisy. 2- one of the towels is unclean, there was a black spots. 3- the balcony was locked, I asked the reception to open it, the say it's not possible, and thy told my if i want room with balcony that i can open it , I should pay extra charge.

The park not far

Reception rooms looked modern and up to date.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms as well as the hallway (3rd floor) looks tired, the carpets are badly stained. It leaves an impression of being dirty and unkept, not appropriate for a 4-star hotel, not even a 3 star in my eyes.

Reception rooms looked modern and up to date.

Where the lobby has been upgraded, the rooms are still the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Where the lobby has been upgraded, the rooms are still the same as 20 years ago. Old fashioned!! You also cannot open windows and the heating/air-conditioning is not responsive. There are much better places to stay in Wiesbaden!

We arrived at 02.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We arrived at 02.00 in the morning as was schedulled.Our reservation made for a double bed room. Unfortunately they informed us, at our arrival ,that there is only one room availiable, single bed one, and this is it. So, we stayed both in a single bed and they charged us a double bed one for the first night. As you understand this is never huppent in my life.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Great service team
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not quite sure whether the 80s style furniture should rather be replaced or is becoming "cool" again already. Room as such was fine

Service Personel

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

AVOID THE BREAKFAST
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

THE HOTEL WAS COMFORTABLE NOTHING TO SAY EVEN IF THE STRUCTURE IS NOT NEW, TO AVOID THE BREAKFAST 25 EURO !!! I NEVER PAID SO MUCH FOR A 4 STARS HOTEL

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Quite cheap, fair location hotel. You get what you pay for.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is quite poor. Most of the things they have are good but they lack variety. The fruit didn't taste good and they served the same cake (that nobody ate) for 3 days in a row. Also, one night I called the reception to ask for an extra set of towels (I was travelling with my baby) and they said they'd bring them right away but never did! The hotel looks quite old and, for example, the window in our room wouldn't open (it was broken) so wr could never get any fresh air.

The room was quite big and the bed big and comfortable. Good shower and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

One night in Wiesbaden
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bath tub and rest room was so so. The drain in bathroom clogged

It was not bad compare with my payment. Enough space and very clean pillows and bedclothes.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Good hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing, just hadn't realised how far out from town centre it was.

Really liked the bathroom and the bed was very comfortable and the room was not too hot.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

affordable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the lobby is very wide open, spacious, and modern appearing but the hallways, elevators, and rooms are basic hotels rooms.

The room and bathroom were fine and comfortable with good lighting and room layout. I would stay here again. Check in/out was VERY easy.

Two sides of a medal!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Windows can't in no case get opened. Breakfast price to high in relationship to the (internet booked) room rate.

Room climatisation silent and good. Room, bed, bath, situation and staff: pleasant.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Lovely staff and service. But poor environment
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Windows couldn’t open so no air flow in room. Bedding poor quality. Beneath bed was filthy.

Staff very accommodating, helpful and friendly. Good good

I recommende!

Keep up on it!

Clean.

Pillows

Clean. Staff

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Wonderful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The net was a little slow.

The rooms were clean & the staff very helpful.

Very old building / room

Very old building / room

Evrything

Evrything

big rooms and very comfortable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

big rooms and very comfortable. kind and helpful staff. incredible breakfast.reasonable price.

The hotel room didn't cost that much.

No air conditioning

The hotel room didn't cost that much.

Rooms not really stylish

Rooms not really stylish

Confortable stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The freindly staff, the location, the price, room service

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Staff were friendly
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The smell of sewage in the room. The decor was dated.

Staff were friendly

Breakfast!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Rooms and bathrooms need updating

Breakfast!

To be honest, the stuff where perfectly kind, friendly and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

To be honest, the stuff where perfectly kind, friendly and cooperative, exept the lady who checked me in.

Nice Atmosphere and friendly staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

No clear information on non inclusion of breakfast in price and price of breakfast.

Nice Atmosphere and friendly staff

Very good

Carpet in cordor

Nice and good loction

I loved this hotel and will come again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Great pleasure and will come again for sure

Windows cant be openend