Reviews of NH Klösterle Nördlingen This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Beim Klösterle 1, 86720 Nördlingen, Germany

#1 of 5 hotels in Nördlingen

We found in the village they didn't like credit cards especially in resteraunts so one needs to take
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I asked for a flat sheet for under the doona and didn't get one! I found the doona was too hot for me, In Australia we have a flat sheet as well as a doona so in the end I removed the doona cover and used that as a flat sheet. When we first checked in the receptionist wasn't that friendly quite cool towards us!

Nothing really appealed to me at all.

Nördlingen is a beautiful & lively walled city. This hotel is close to everything and very nice.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast overpriced, better to walk into town to a cafe.

Location was perfect, property was charming. Welcoming lobby, comfortable beds, clean. Helpful desk staff and service. I would stay here again.

Expensive for what it is
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No AC or Fans in rooms - room was very hot Not what you would expect for 4 star hotel Drainage in sink and bath very slow to drain water Hotel website stating 2 restaurants and what food available was very out of date and obviously not updated which is not good again for 4 star hotel - misleading When I approached a member of staff about this she was very dismissive and quite rude saying oh I don’t know menu !

Garage underground parking for motorbike, central location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Expensive breakfast at Euro 16.90 per person. A very average buffet for the price.

Nice location in centre of old town. Drop off parking area outside reception for check-in. Staff were friendly. Room was clean and comfortable.

Great location for the heart of Nordlingen and easy access to vehicle parking
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception staff only knew enough English to get by, and definitely had never heard of the NH Hotel Club Card scheme where you can earn points towards future discounts. This was poor for an NH owned hotel.

Very modern hotel built tastefully on the side of a medieval monastery, in the centre of a beautiful, walled town. The hotel was very clean, has modern facilities including lifts and a handy underground car park. There is a pleasant reception/lounge area and a good bar which stays open until 12:30am. Sorry, we never used the restaurant.

a lovely hotel to stay in and the venue in the centre of town is especially convenient
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

a very minor thing but I didn't really like how the round mirror in the bathroom protruded out of the wall - perhaps it could be replaced with a hinge .

I loved the delicious breakfast - it was very varied and plentiful and set us up for the day! the dining room itself was clean and the staff always friendly and there to help.

Clean but soulless hotel in a beautiful small village...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very unwelcoming staff, soulless rooms, poor breakfast (just go in to the town to eat breakfast, cheaper, and much better!). We checked out earlier (2day earlier, only booked for 3day so...). Nördlingen itself is very nice but this hotel is soooo grey in comparison. Definitely a no go!

It was clean, that was about everything...

Very enjoyable stay and we wish we could have stayed longer. Very good value.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing really. Parking was not easy as you are centrally located.

The hotel was very convenient for exploring the town. It was extremely comfortable and offered more facilities than other hotels that we had stayed in during our tour. There was a restaurant on site and the breakfast was plentiful and varied. The waitress even asked the cook to fry us some eggs to have with our bacon.

Friendly staff at check-out, size of the room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Before booking, I called the reception, as I was expecting arrive after midnight, while booking.com information stated that reception would be open until midnight. The lady I talked to didn't speak English well, and didn't understand my (pretty basic) question: Can I still check-in after midnight? At arrival staff was not very friendly. Upon arrival we were not acknowledged at first, and although there were 4-5 people behind the counter, our check-in rather turned out like a burden rather than welcoming guests, no smile, not even a "welcome to our hotel, how was your trip?". The room is spacious, but rather outdated and a bit worn. A bed with a 1970's build in (non-functioning) clock radio, and no power outlets near the bed. The lightning in the bathroom could do very well in a dentist's practice. The showerhead could use a thorough cleaning.

Friendly staff at check-out, size of the room.

A lovely hotel in a brilliant location
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The breakfast was delicious but a little overpriced.

We highly recommend booking the family room for two adults and two children. This room is much larger than the other rooms and was great for us. We could easily walk around the whole town on the wall and also into town to the pedestrian zone.

It was a quick stay, but enjoyable. I think we would have had breakfast on site, if it was not so $$
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The TV was in a horrible location.

The room was the perfect size for me, my husband, our 2 year old and family dog. It was nice having a larger bathroom and the sitting space.

Great location in a beautiful town along the Romantic Road in Germany
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was very hard! Didn't sleep very well

The hotel is in a great location and they provide maps of the city that has a great city tour you can do on your own with helpful descriptions of many sites. And they offer a happy hour every night in their bar.

Excellent hotel, spotless, lovely room and bed but 16 euros for breakfast is expensive.

Price of meals

The hotel and the room was modern and spotlessly clean with a bath, shower and fridge, didn’t use the dining facilities as expensive, 16 euros for breakfast. Found an excellent basic little Thai restaurant and takeaway just 100mts away towards the Cantre, 6 euros for Thai curry with rice and it was delighful. Their own private secure underground parking that I think was 8 euros per night.

Breakfast was quite good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room’sdark and small. Overall looking very tired Breakfast was quite good. Daytime reception staff seemed quite good but the person on at night was hopeless and down in the mouth and generally Clearly seemed to be wanting to be doing a different job at photos and I think you know thank you thank you passable

Breakfast was quite good

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There is no restaurant at this hotel! How it can claim four stars I do not know! We got a good price for one night but when we asked about a second the price went up 300% Will not be going back

This is a quality hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Booking.com did not provide us with more details about the parking information. We've spent time and efforts to figure that out.

The location! We can take the lift from public parking underground garage to the hotel.

Very central in a beautiful old building.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Water pressure on the first floor for the shower could be better.

Very central in a beautiful old building. Great breakfast buffet and a spacious, comfortable room.

A fantastic stay in a fantastic setting

No air conditioning in bedroom

Friendly and helpful staff. Lovely breakfasts and buffet for evening meals. Bar was relaxed and super cocktails. Staff remembered and catered for my dietary needs.

Great location! Even great shower!!

It was hot and the hotel there is no air conditioning. It would be nice if there was a fan in the room.

The room was very nice. The shower was fabulous, great water pressure! There was a shoe shine machine in the lobby. Every hotel should have one. Front desk person was very helpful and guided us to an excellent restaurant for lunch.

Good modern hotel just minutes from the main square..
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Electronic key to open door failed 5 times during our 4 night stay. Very annoying having to return to reception each time....

Excellent location in the centre of the Aldstadt, very comfortable spacious rooms. Great bar & restaurant in historic building attached!

The hotel staffs were very kind and friendly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi was not very strong.

The hotel staffs were very kind and friendly. It takes a few minutes to the center of the town. The underground parking is connected to the hotel, it is very useful. Breakfast was excellent. The hotel is very clean and well equipped, but the price was not expensive. I will definitively stay again if I come to Nördlingen next time.

Best one in the area!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Twisted parking process due to construction works downtown, very early room cleaning start.

Very nice hotel, with an excellent location. Very polite and professional staff.

The location is quite downtown.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The restaurant is fancy but with few specialties in the menu. There is a limited number of restaurants around hotel - there are many cafes instead

The location is quite downtown. It is a pleasant hotel for staying few days for visiting the neighbor cities.

The perfect stop on your way to the south!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Maybe the room needs some airco when it is hot. The room is below the rooftop and you only can open a window

The hotel is situated in the middle of the romantic town. Breakfast is more then complete. Professional management from Navarra Hotels!

See you next year, hopefully!!!! I LOVED GERMANY!!!! Great hotel, GORGEOUS TOWN!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Just to beware there is no air conditioning in the room but no problem. The Bavaria area of Germany is not hot in the summer. The nights cool off very nice. Also, if you are warm, please walk down to the front desk and the wonderful workers will be more then happy to give you a fan to help you sleep. The town is very quiet so be sure to open your windows and let the cool air in.

I loved this hotel. Was in the middle of the old city. So fun to walk from here and check out many things. Saw an amazing church in the morning. Walked up the 300 steps or so of the "Daniel" a church steeple, and get an amazing view of town and the surrounding German Countryside. This town is on the German Romantic Road which is a must see if you are renting a car in Germany. I really enjoyed my time here. The breakfast was great. The staff was great.

Noisy renovations ongoing?
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had a busy few days before arriving in Nordlingen and we booked this hotel due to the late 12pm checkout, as we wanted to rest and sleep late in the morning. However, from 8am onwards there were very loud renovations going on in the hotel, just a few rooms down from us on the same floor. There was loud machinery such as drills, hammers, etc being operated. This made it impossible to sleep in. I really felt that the hotel should have informed us about this before our stay. I would not have chosen it if I had known that this would be the case. The room was also very very hot. Since they advertise as a 4 star hotel, I would have expected there to be working air conditioning.

The room was large, comfortable and clean. There was an onsite bar and restaurant which was convenient. The underground car park was also very convenient as the lift takes you straight up to each floor of the hotel.

An unfriendly living experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We paid the money in May for our July trip. But the last room waiting for our check-in was such a terrible room. And the reception was in bad and rude manne when we came back for asking if we could change the room. Couldn't believe this service is deserved to be rated as "4 stars"!

Our room was in the part of construction side! Noise and dirty, could see worker just walking along your window! Terrible room.

One of our best overnight stops.

We liked everything.

This hotel was excellent in every way. The desk staff were very helpful. The room was clean, comfortable and updated. Everything was in walking distance. We would stay there again.

A comfortable safe laid back stay in a lovely city where everything is a short walk away.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Your breakfast is just too expensive. We all four ate at a local establishment with drinks for 22 Euro total, about the cost of one breakfast. So that needs tweaking if you want to keep people in your hotel for breakfast. It would be nice if there were fans in the rooms, being that you don't have air conditioning. It was stuffy and the street noise kept us from opening the windows, and it is only late May. Also, we had issues finding the parking garage, and then getting out. The machine wouldn't work when we tried to pay. Not issues that would deter us though from staying here again or recommending your hotel. We had a nice time.

You absolutely cannot beat the location. We had dinner out on the bar patio one night and it was delicious! The employees of the hotel were very welcoming. I also liked the complimentary water waiting in the room. Nice touch for travelers. This is a nice hotel and I would recommend it to friends.

Very clean rooms, really nice location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No air conditioning or ventilation. During a hot summer day, it was like a sauna inside.

Very clean rooms, really nice location. Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Well appointed hotel in a good situation.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Car parking space very tight if you had a large car.

Spacious room with separate sitting area. Large bathroom with separate toilet. Full range of toiletries.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Location is good in the center of the wall

Breakfast is a bit not much choice. They provided a bottle of water which was not closed properly. When I put it in my suitcase, all the water leaked into it and all my clothes got super wet. I had to delay my important meeting as it took me more than a hour to dry it. When I told this to the front desk the lady just said sorry with a smile like it wasn't a big issue!

Location is good in the center of the wall

Great place in a beautiful town
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The dinner compared to the amazing breakfast was rather boring and expensive. The free WiFi was really slow, we often got better speed from our carrier using 3G.

Location was great, the breakfast was awesome, they even had lactose and gluten free options! Sauna area looked pretty good, although we only looked around and haven't actually tried it.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

A good hotel in a really charming and quaint location of Nordlingen.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Lack of dining facilities for evening meal. When tired you look to take a meal on site for a four star hotel.

In centre of town with off road public parking beneath the hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

German quality at his best.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't taste the breakfast not really because I couldn't afford it, but it seemed to us it was ridicoulous expensive. I mean with that kind of money, we usually had at night a nice rich winy dinner in a cosy restaurant near the hotel. Really don't understand what are this people thinking of when they charge 36 euros for a breakfast for 2. Anyway, about 20 metres near hotel is a nice buffet where you can have excellent breakfast for just a quarter of that money...

German quality at his best. Very comfortable room, just near the beautiful historic Rathaus of Nordlingen. Impeccably clean rooms and bathrooms, very nice and helpful staff. Nordlingen is a good starting point to go north and south on the Romantic Road, and this hotel fitted perfectly with our plans.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Receptionist on arrival not attentive.

Located in the heart of the old town. Right next to the Museum sector. Close to all major attractions. Parking underneath hotel available, even though extra charge.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Good place to stay for easy access to old town.

This hotel is a normal modern hotel, clean and comfortable and in a good location. Understandably it lacks the character of smaller more traditional hotels.

Great location in old town. Car park underneath hotel ( extra charge)

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Not bad
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

More personal to clinical. Could not pay the parkingplace in the hotel. The parkhouse is difficult to find and not very spacey.

In the center of the city

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Stunning building albeit souless interiour.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Building from outside stunning inside more like a soulless big hotel chain aka Hilton etc.... Parking was extra albeit discovered you can park outside town wall for free. Accommodation we discovered was very expensive compared to more traditional local establishments. More business orientated than tourist. Also annoyingly for us loads of English guests resulting in Staff speaking English instead of German. Next time will book into far cheaper less widely known accommodation where you are forced to communicate in German.

We booked this hotel because we did not want to take any risks! To be fair more or less everything was OK except cost. Room was massive and clean. Parking was easy. Breakfast was superb. Location was perfect. The only thing I have marked it down on is value for money. Sorry :)

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Lovely hotel in the midst of one of the 3 remaining walled cities in Germany
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was fantastic, can't complain of anything!

Everything! The room, the staff, breakfast, dinner buffet at the restaurant, the location etc etc

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

No restaurant in the hotel or nearby for dinner
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

During my stay the major problem was the lack of restaurant for dinner in this hotel or nearby. Or so was I told by the hotel staff. I had to go out of the city wall. Surprisingly there were few restaurants at night in this tourist town. Since this hotel provides excellent breakfast, dinner should be provided in the same restaurant. I wish parking fee were included in hotel price, since it was in the basement of this hotel, and it was very expensive.

Clean comfortable room and friendly staff. Central location.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Good hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wished the staff could go and extra mile to walk out side of the hotel to show the direction to to the parking location since that is a little confuse for the first time arrival to the hotel where the entrance is invisible compare to the it's restaurante

Location is perfect for an overnight- quiet and right in the center of the old town with walking distance to all. Good breakfast with nice presenttion

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Great stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Overall comfort was excellent. Location inside the town wall was a plus for this clean, modern hotel within walking distance of all this lovely town on the Romantic Road has to offer.

Good place to stay in Nordlingen
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Don't like German pillows, far too soft. Why do people who smoke stand by the door and people have to walk through all their smoke.

Nice big bathroom

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Location and spa
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We ordered room service from attached restaurant, my wife's salad had a baby roach crawling around in it! The Hotel was very nice and clean

Location and spa

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Perfect location, perfect parking, close to restaraunts, nice hotel.

No air con

Location right in the middle, underground parking excellent, room nice and clean, upgraded and was worth it. Made me omelette for breakfast. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Good place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing could have been better that the hotel could fix. As with so many German buildings, there is no air conditioning, so we got a nice breeze by opening the window. In the morning, people taking luggage across the cobblestones was very noisy. It added to the historical flavor.

Excellent location to tour the medieval walled city, and included parking right there.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Excellent hotel, lovely town.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not included in the price and was expensive. Cheaper to eat in a cafe - which we did on the second morning.

Excellent location, lovely town, excellent breakfast (altho expensive). Very good value for money compared to other hotels for the actual room rate. Friendly front desk staff with good English. I recommend a stay here and a visit to Nordlingen.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Good location and friendly staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our overnight stay at the Nordlingden was good. The room was a good size and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was modern, clean and shower a good power. It is centrally placed for the town and easy access for restaurants and cafes.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Breakfast was great, bed was comfortable, very clean, very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a line for checking in at the reception, we had to wait a lot for our turn, it would have been nice if they didn't have just one receptionist working but two.

Breakfast was great, bed was comfortable, very clean, very central

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Staff were very friendly and efficient.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a little bit characterless compared to all the other places in the town - just a generic style place.

Staff were very friendly and efficient. Everything was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Dirty
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Stains all over the carpeting on our floor. The bed skirt in our room looked as if it has never been washed. Mildew in the shower. Very dated room design. Dents, scratches, small chunks taken out of walls and woodwork that were in need of repair.

having a corner room and the lobby was nice

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Walled town in centre of crater
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Typical corporate style hotel - a bit soul less. Restaurant not functioning in the evening as no chef available

Modern hotel in an old building in centre of town an ideal position. Pleasant and modern. Underground car park accessible from hotel. Lift available to all floors. Typical german style breakfast with wide range of foods.

Not a good value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The fridge did not work. The bathroom was not in a very good state. The room was very dark.

OK Hotel in great city/location

Staff failure to answer phone, arrange ironing board or book taxi on a timely basis

I was in town for 1 night and the hotel was very central so it was fit for purpose, but poor value.
    • Superior Double Room with Extra Bed

Room was visibly dusty. No AC. No fridge.

The location.

Super hotel in a beautiful medieval walled town
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Right in the centre of the old walled town, yet very quiet and a relaxing atmosphere in an accessible and convenient location.

Great place and hotel could do with better evening meals though
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

evening meal was a let down

hotel, staff and location

My stay was very pleasant.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only question you need to ask is " Would I stay at the hotel again? The answer is "Yes"

Hotel is in great location in the city centre.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is in great location in the city centre. Room has an old style charm and was very large

Breakfast was very nice, quiet hotel

Breakfast was very nice, quiet hotel

Very basic gym equipment with limited time access...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very basic gym equipment with limited time access availability

The location was really great inside the wall, very close of...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The cleaning of the bathroom could be better.

The location was really great inside the wall, very close of Daniel church. The room was comfortable.

Should be better in summer time
    • Superior Double Room with Extra Bed

Restaurant on vacation!! My wife need a simplr soup in the evening and she could not have it!!!

Nice hotel, good location but would recommend getting breakfast elsewhere
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The price for breakfast is a little high

perfect location- nice comfortable rooms

Great stay, would recommend
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking was a separate cost due to it being public

Clean, cosy and warm. In the centre of town so that was handy to walk around

Perfect breakfast, nice city, nice dinner
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had a problem to connect my iPhone to WiFi connection. Connection to the computer was without problem.

Perfect breakfast, nice city, nice dinner

Hotel was in a good location and good value for money ...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel was in a good location and good value for money Breakfast was excellent.

Beautiful modern clean and comfortable room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not many gluten free meal options

Excellent hotel in a fantastic village.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location was excellent and parking under the hotel.

A very pleasant stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nice and friendly reception staff , good atmosphere.

Very comfortable hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable hotel. A few minutes walk from the old city. Good as a base camp for trips around the romantic way.

Nordlingen is a very attractive old town and the hotel gives possibility to explore it on every way.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, very good breakfast, great base for a few days biking or hiking.

liesure, comfortable, beautiful area
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

no air conditioner, will return back in cooler weather

very good location, amazing staff, clean rooms

Good value