Reviews of Novotel Erlangen This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Hofmannstr. 34, 91052 Erlangen, Germany

#5 of 23 hotels in Erlangen

Great location, but rooms need upgrading and you have to pay for WiFi!
    • Standard Queen Room

The overall rooms need upgrading.

Bathrooms need major renovations as there was mold on the grout, shower head broken, and the sink and toilet weren’t very clean. The sheets were clean but very rough quality. Yes, there is air conditioning but it doesn’t cool very well also. Needed to be in tha location, but there must be better places.

Room was specious and with extra kitchinet.
    • Executive Double Room

The room wasnt ready for our kids, moreover we had to pick up the beddings our self from the reception downstairs at 3 p.m. in the morning. When it comes to breakfest, there was not so much choice.

Room was specious and with extra kitchinet.

Not as desiderd

Ordered double bed. Got two beds. Weird to sleep with partner. The payment was made from credit card without my consent (the card was used only for reservation purposes).

Nice staff. Good beer. Good food. The entrance is nice and the parking seems safe (for that you pay 12 eur).

As I only slept in the hotel I can only say that I had a beautiful big room with coffee making faci
    • Standard Queen Room

There is not restaurant as far as I can tell, however, I would not even have used it as during the day I met friends and relatives and had my meals with them. But I found out that if you want breakfast, it is quite expensive, quite a bit more than in other hotels where I stayed in other towns at other times.

Nice clean room of decent size with a fair breakfast and seems to be environmentally conscious.

The hotel as a whole was very clean and bed was very comfortable and large. The pillows were great and there seemed to be a variety between the pillows provided in terms of types, which is great if you prefer alternatives. The breakfast was standard affair and was fine, no complaints there chowing down on pancakes smothered in maple syrup and bacon. One of the best things in my opinion is that the Hotel (possibly all of Accor group hotels, i'm not sure) give people an incentive to be a little bit more environmentally friendly. When we stayed, we were offered some small benefits if we didn't want to have the room cleaned every day (you could decide on the day if you wanted the room cleaned or not) which is fine if you are only there for 1-2 nights. And makes you feel a little better that there isn't as much waste. The place is also only 10 minutes or so away from the train station and is quite easy to get to.

We took standard double room...There was no fridge in the room...no snacks...bed was too low..breakfast was very bad...utensils were not clean...I would not recommend breakfast at all...

Location..It was near Main city Centre..parking was huge...

Double room+ simple bed+ double price=bad evaluation

Staff useless, I paid double room for double bed, I get a simple bed, I asked 3 times to at least put one single sheet to join the bed, staff noted it on paper and nothing has been done during the 3 nights. Almost 280eur per night for a double room with simple bed is ridiculous! Restaurant is only a bar proposing 5 main courses mainly junk food...Unless you have no choice I do not recommend it

Breakfast is OK, but this is all

It works very well, good fair hotel, staff is the best.

I just like more old world buildings and this is too modern and IKEA style hotel so I didn't like much the décor but that it's just me, the hotel works very good.

It was good, very clean and friendly staff.

Hope to never come back to Novotel!!!!

Internet sucks!!! Even Internet radio did not work (64kb streaming!!!) In the bathroom stinks upfront payment requested when booking via Booking.com, and payment info was not transferred. Additionally every day charged 50€ upfront as a pledge - in case I damaged something or consumed (no minibar at the room!)- who the hell am I to be treated that way!?!?!?!?! This money was returned when checking out but not transferred to the credit card but paid as cash!!! What the hell is this?????!!!!! Very noisy heating/AC! Parking paid additionally 12€ a day even though I selected "free parking" when searching for the hotel on booking.com!!!!

location is quite convenient bed was comfortable

Very pleasant and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Hardly anything at all, the only little niggle was there were only towels left for one person, I suppose we could have asked for more, but as we only really slept in the room and spent far more time out in Erlangen, it didn't seem worth the hassle.

Very comfortable room, equipped with very pleasant bathroom,it was quiet on the back of the hotel. Very little noise from other rooms, lifts were very quick and efficient, and the staff were really excellent !!

We were glad we came to Erlangen. Find the shopping street 1+ mile of shops.

The bed was too low and too soft for my liking.

The breakfast had a huge choice. You would have to have an unusual palette not to find several things you like. The staff were very friendly and helpful - and spoke better English than me (I am British).

Nice, clean hotel, friendly staff, within easy walking distance of restaurants and shopping.
    • Standard Queen Room

We discovered our air conditioning didn't work properly during the first night. The staff found us another room close by the next day, but it made for an uncomfortable first night's sleep.

Twin beds were each quite small but comfortable.

Twin beds were each quite small but comfortable. Room was an OK size for 1 person. Breakfast was nice but pricey for what it was. Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful but there were 1 or 2 that had less than great attitude towards guests (witnessed but not experienced towards myself)

Great hotel to stay with kids
    • Executive Double Room

The hotel staff was so kind and friendly with us and our children. They made us feel so welcome from the moment we arrived. They went out of their way to make sure we felt comfortable and had everything we needed. The breakfast was delicious. Dinner at the restaurant was good.

Enjoyed the stay
    • Standard Queen Room

The double room was a re-purposed single room with a larger bed - therefore the space was limited. Also, except for a small cabinet (and the desk), there were no other shelfs (beware if you travel with a lot of stuff).

The room was very clean and the small gym in the basement made available for the guests was a nice bonus to have. The breakfast was very good, I enjoyed every bite :)

Comfortable stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed are not that comfortable. As my husband is quite long: the door of the shower was a problem. As it did not reach the top, the water was all over the floor.

Friendly staff, good location - within walking distance of everything in Erlangen. Tip: go for breakfast in town! Plenty of options, much cheaper than in the hotel.

Friendly staff, good breakfast
    • Standard Queen Room

Room smelled remotely but notably like cigarette smoke, probably former smoking room with cigarette smoke odour still sticking to the carpet.

Friendly staff, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Quite location close to shopping.
    • Standard Queen Room

Hotel was very clean - rooms and elevator were a bit small but they were very clean. We went during the famous beer festival and were met with 15 drunken guests. Thank goodness we did not hear them over night. Breakfast was included in our costs and exceeded our expectations. Large buffet with everything you can think of. Staff super friendly. Underground parking had VERY large spots and they even offered a window sponge to clean your car wind screen. We'll be back for sure!

Nice, clean hotel in great location and staff
    • Standard Queen Room

After I made a modification to the original booking the price went up even thought it was now a room for 1 person instead of 2. Booking.com didn't inform me of this yet the hotel had it down as the more expensive rate. The hotel honoured the rate is been given originally by booking.com but worth being aware of that changes or updates to your booking may make it more expensive

Good bed and pillows. Staff were very friendly and helpful

Comfortable place to stay!
    • Executive Double Room

We had to ask for toilet paper and Kleenex, but that was not serious.

We have friends in Erlangen, and they suggested we stay there. It was very nice. I would suggest that if you are looking for a clean, friendly, quiet hotel with easy walking access to Erlangen, this is the place to stay. We did not take breakfast , but it looked wonderful. We would stay here again!

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Good stay at a fair price

Good hotel Very friendly staff Fair price Everything you need is in walking distance Stayed here on business, staff was very helpful and attentive.

very bad stay

Very poor attention from staff. Check-in done with a very rude person. I will never come back int his hotel, and I advise you to stay as far as you can too.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

the stuff on reception was nice.
    • Standard Queen Room

This time shower was without fungi/mold on the walls, but shower door looked, as during last visits dirty – I don’t know why it is so difficult to keep it clean. Will you tolerate it in your home what you see on the picture below ot you will just clean it up? The wall paper in the room was shabby and with a lot of black marks from bags and shoes – again it is something that could be refreshed constantly during cleaning within 5 minutes with a fresh paint and it should not be presented like a big renovation task, that we all (hotel guests) have to wait for years. Only once (first time) in this hotel I had a room where I liked cleanness and housekeeping level, since then it is a constant disappointment

the stuff on reception was nice. The bed was comfortable. Sound insulation is good as well as dark curtains allow to sleep long enough. Good location where you can still find a parking place but very close to the city center

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

During my last stay I complained about the mold/fungi in...
    • Standard Queen Room

During my last stay I complained about the mold/fungi in the shower. This time during check in I asked if they going to put me in to the room with mold. Lady on the check in said that they don’t know. I went with my luggage in there and had to go back to report than I am not used to such a condition in the bathroom and need another room. It took a while, and even kind of supervisor was called and she went somewhere and checked something and at the end when I went again with the luggage the shower walls were black from mold/fungi. It was midnight and I was tired so had to stay. Looks like it is a general problem in this hotel with them mold and they just don’t care and it is more the case for sanitary controlling authorities then for customer complain. Pictures of both rooms are attached. Try to find a difference :) One was checked by “supervisor” and offered as “mold free option” to me after complain

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Not so pleasant!
    • Executive Double Room

The reception lady on the check-in was totally unfriendly and did some improper comments against foreigners. The hotel booked the credit card with additional 50€ than the overnight cost. We were told that this was like a kind of an insurance against people from abroad that might damage something in the room.

Breakfast was not spectacular but still good.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Good Family Hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

The Lady at the Front Desk requested my Credit Card by the Check in. Normaly this occurs by the Check Out. She explanied it was due to some Bad experiences with some foreigners. That is a Great way to welcome a foreign Tourist! : (

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Executive Double Room

Internet some way difficult to log-in. The Room was not good cleaned from the previous guest ( I found a lot of things).

Hotel is Nice and good located. International channel (especially Arabic) is available. Good variety at breakfast. Small kitchen is nice.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Delivers what is written on the box , but...
    • Standard Queen Room

The inhouse eatery offers a limited menu and this means reqpeated dinners get a bit boring taken we can't like the whole menu. The option to have your room not made out (rewarded with a free soft drink) is a cheap action one should not find in a 4 star hotel. It is an option but it is a cheap Charlie one. The smart manager who invented it should go and work at Formule 1 hotel: better territory for this.

All as expected, doesnt happen all the times. Garage card with in&out privilege for the whole stay (at a daily cost)

Very good hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

The underground car park costs extra and is on the expensive side.

Comfortable and clean room, excellent breakfast, friendly staff, reasonable WiFi. Within walking distance of town center. I would use this hotel again if I needed to stay in Erlangen.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Good location but overpriced for what it offers.
    • Standard Queen Room

Poor Wi-Fi quality, not queen size as advertised, instead two singles, breakfast not included, even though advertised, parking not included, staff grumpy and not very helpful, room smelled like a smoking chamber for sausages.

Location, gym

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Staff is awful

The staff that is working there is impolite, they think of young cusomers as they are stupid, I have asked for a bigger room , I mentioned that I will pay for it, they said its all booked, cheking after the booking site , and scrolling down for seeing a lot of bigger rooms that are available didnt make my day.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Just an overnight stay on our way to holiday destination.

A.C. extremely loud, but fortunately, you have control over it, so we turned it off.

Only stayed for one night, but had dinner in restaurant which was good, and the service extremely fast. Beds good, room not very large but clean.

Excellent hotel for an overnight stay on journey to the south

Dinner was a bit average

Room and breakfast very good

mini kitchen with sink
    • Executive Double Room

poor handling of clean linen by hotel staff (placed on the floor)

mini kitchen with sink

Nice stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Price for the parking which is high compared to the price of the room itself

Lot of choices for breakfast and the gym room was really appreciated

Good experience to be repeated

Clean

Not fancy but modern, efficient great service.
    • Standard Queen Room

Not fancy but modern, efficient great service. Great breakfast.

The staff were very professional and friendly and went the...
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff were very professional and friendly and went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable

Breakfast was absolutely wonderfull
    • Standard Queen Room

The location is a bit far from Nurnberg, so taxi's to the centre are a bit expensive

Breakfast was absolutely wonderfull

Very comfortable and excellent price!
    • Executive Double Room

We booked the executive double room and got extrafast free WIFI in our room + free soft drinks and beer at the lobby.

Typical Novotel Standards met.
    • Standard Queen Room

Quality of bed matress and pillows could have been better.

Typical Novotel Standards met. Very kind staff. Rich breakfast.

Excellent value for money
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast was way too expensive, no fridge or safe in the room

Good location, clean and modern rooms, comfortable bed, good toilets, they accept pets

A night in Novotel Erlangen

Staying too short

Located in a quiet area and not so far from train station.

EXCELLENT! tiptop! a real pleasue!
    • Standard Queen Room

superfriendly & superhelpful staff! chapeau!! haven't seen that in years really!

Nice Hotel.
    • Executive Double Room

The breakfast buffet was very good! Rooms spacious for Europe. Helpful staff.

It was in a quiet area

It was in a quiet area

Great modern hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

Beds could have been softer.

Great breakfast. Parking garage. Clean and comfortable. Perfect stay on roadtrip through Germany.

Modern and cozy

Great breakfast

Overall good accommodation

Didn't have breakfast

Excellent hotel
    • Executive Double Room

Our family room was large, clean, quiet and very comfortable. The breakfast was great.

Excellent standard.

Excellent standard. Totally reliable.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Very good breakfast.
    • Standard Queen Room

Expensive parking (I better used the paid parking on the street).

Very good breakfast. Excellent location. Standard chain hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

There was no water in room, with room service costs...

There was no water in room, with room service costs expensive ( 9 Euro for one bottle Water with room service)

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

WiFi limited availability against personal registration.

WiFi limited availability against personal registration. Expensive parking fee in garage.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Bad hotel

Bathroom, bed , breakfast all of them is bad.

Just orange juice is good

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Nice clean quite

WiFi inside room Room area

Price Location Staff Break fast

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

A confortable stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Comfortable room, staff very kind, good position

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Perfect stop for travelling to Austria with a baby!
    • Standard Queen Room

Dinner and drinks in restaurant a bit expensive

Very friendly and helpful staff! Good food in restaurant!

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Hotel is comfortable and staff is very helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast is very expensive.

Hotel is comfortable and staff is very helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

It was nice for one night...

Nothing at all

Quaiet clean room.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Nice short stay

The staff was very kind and nice.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Location and room are very nice

Very expensive breakfast

Location and room are very nice

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Good hotel for a stay in the city.
    • Standard Queen Room

Only 1 person at counter for check-out, took very long.

Clean, quiet rooms.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Great place to stay.

Can't tell.

Location close to city center. Garage for your car. Gym in basement. Good breakfast. OK restaurant. Very nice rooms.

Good

Nice breakfast and easily walkable to main areas of the city

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

We stayed 1 night here, travelling to Slovenia, it is a good...

we did not have breakfast as the price is too high

We stayed 1 night here, travelling to Slovenia, it is a good hotel for a short stay

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

The breakfast was very good.

The breakfast was very good.

Probably best hotel in Erlangen
    • Standard Queen Room

Central location, clean comfortable room and good breakfast

Just worth the money

Nespresso in the room

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The restaurant rocks!
    • Standard Queen Room

The breakfast is very expensive

The restaurant rocks! good meal, good service

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Nice Hotel

The room was very small.

The bed was super comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Clean hotel in a quiet part of town
    • Standard Queen Room

Small restaurant, closed when we were there

Clean and comfortable in a quiet area.