Reviews of Mercure Hotel Hamburg am Volkspark This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Albert-Einstein-Ring 2, Bahrenfeld, 22761 Hamburg, Germany

#150 of 323 hotels in Hamburg

Nice and noisy
    • Superior Suite (2 Adults)

I had been working night and tried to sleep between 6-11, but it was very noisy in my room which had windows towards a busy street. It was probably fine if you had the window closed, but it was too warm in the room for me.

It was close to where I worked. Friendly staff.

Lovely Hotel - Great Facilities
    • Standard Twin Room

A fair walk (25 minutes) from Othmarschen station but it was a very pleasant walk. BBC News 24 channel didn't work - I'm really clutching at straws for negatives!

Really easy to check in and nice facilities. Air con in room gets a big thumbs up!

The hotel room was fine and so was the location.

We would have preferred a separate shower instead of showering in the bathtub. Internet access was a problem during our stay, as it was either slow or there was no connection.

The room was spacious and had coffee and tea faciliteit. The bathroom was up to standard.

Practical stay near conference at DESY

Some off the staff was not so friendly. Office neighbourhood near busy road. No choice of restaurants or cafes.

Near public transport and conference location. Good breakfast buffet

Unlikely I will stay there again
    • Comfort Double Room

Cold in the room despite the heating was at 30 oC and at the restaurant. Food at the restaurant was disappointing. Wifi signal in the room was very week.

Location, breakfast, room, flexibility with my reservation

Very fast check-in/out;

The free internet connection was available but it was practically impossible to get connected; "we know about the problem, too many guests in the hotel..." was the answer. I hope they get it sorted out by the next visit.

Very fast check-in/out; free underground parking is very good during winter.

Nothing was broken.
    • Standard Triple Room

Bed was NOT comfortable, it was very hard - which, based on other reviews, was a surprise. Perhaps not all rooms have the same beds? Curvy women do not do well on hard slab beds. Tissues ran out after 3 tissues. There was no refrigerator to keep my meal or drinks cold. Elevators were too small for the demand.

Location was primary to me, and this was just right. Staff were thorough, spoke English, were helpful and welcoming. It was clean.

Good business hotel

Breakfast is good but a little expensive. Bar menu for those not wanting a full dinner, could be a little more interesting.! Free wifi a bit erratic...

Good efficient business hotel, easy to access, free secure parking and friendly / efficient staff. Easy and convenient option for short business trips

Boring, outdated hotel with the slowest free internet and no gym.

Slowest free internet of all hotels, probably slower than the dial-up used to be. No style to the rooms or facilities. Outdated design. No complimentary drinking water. No fitness facility. Boring surroundings.

Within walking distance to Barclaycard Arena (25 mins). Melika Meljnichik tried hard to help when the hotel payment system didn’t work. Thank you, Melika

Impressive rooms - very spacious, modern and clean. Excellent breakfast - perfect for familes

A little far from the centre but we knew that when we booked it!

Very spacious, modern and comfortable rooms. Immaculately clean and maintained. Wonderful breakfast and friendly staff.

Not sure even for short stays
    • Comfort Double Room

There was dust on some furniture, apparently the room was cleaned long ago, it shouldn't be like this on a 4-star hotel. The internet was veeery slow, almost inexistent and doesn't allow skype/chat/etc. You can barely read an e-mail (I expected the high standards which they brag about), so I couldn't work at all unfortunately... The worst thing that I encountered was probably the fact that 2 of my towels were already dirty (health hazard here!!! ) and next day after they changed them one had also a small dirt spot (they are white) this is unacceptable!!! Also on the bath ceiling were strands of hair and very dirty so they clean only some parts and in a rush and that is VERY bad for customers, I never seen this in a 4-star hotel. On one of the big towels was even a small bottle cap stuck on it (maybe from last clients? ) YUCK.!!!

The staff was very polite, the location was good for me (near DESY), but otherwise is far (30 min with bus) from everything in the city. The room was quiet and had comfortable beds (though the double bed is just 2 small beds with a big mattress on top). I liked that they gave a complimentary free water bottle, but only on the first two days (I don't know why, maybe it's random or they forget..? ).

It's ok but could be better
    • Standard Triple Room

Breakfast is very expensive, considering it's a 4 star hotel there should be a fridge in the room.

Nice and clean, free parking, very quiet, normally they have a small basement pool

Very poor facilities leading to bad value for money.
    • Comfort Double Room

Internet extremely slow and unreliable. No minibar in room. Duvet in double bed tiny, prevented a decent night's sleep. Ventilation/heating in room difficult to control.

Reception staff friendly.

Very welcoming reception.
    • Superior Suite (2 Adults)

Since I am an Accor Hotel Club member I expected the reward points but we were told by the reception it is not possible since we booked with booking.com. This was the one and only hotel from the Accor chain that denied our reward. We always use booking.com to book our accommodations. The room was a bit noisy since it faced the main street. The WIFI was slow, but this is customary in the German hotels.

Very welcoming reception. We had the Superior Suite and that was excellent, very spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast very good, with good choices with prompt service. I really enjoyed the Nespresso machine and the minibar. On the corridor there was a vending machine with crisps, soft drinks, water, beer. Every day we had a complimentary bottle of water and variety of tea and coffee. The underground parking was very good, with a lot of parking spaces. All in all was excellent. Definitely we recommend it.

Okay for a short visit.
    • Comfort Double Room

Bed: Mattress was hard like a rock, and the blanket wasn't big enough to cover 2 people (in a double bed). Bathroom: The toilet was anything but clean upon arrival, it still had traces of poo in it, as well as a long hair!! Very unpleasant!

Tea selection was thoughtful, also loved the food machine in the hall way.

its good enough if you need affordable place to stay and no need to go to city center each day.
    • Comfort Double Room

Interior and furniture are like from late 90s Smell in room was really bad and has gone when I left window open for daytime Breakfast is ok but 12 Eur is bit expensive for it Shower: no heater or radiator so it may be cold there; water pressure jump so you have to be careful to not get burn or freeze; bad sprnker head; even for me (just 175cm tall) max height of the shower is low

Clean and quiet place Park and nice walk area nearby Nice staff Free stuff in my room (water/ tea) Room is equipped with all you may need

Good room, good bed.
    • Comfort Double Room

Good room, good bed. The hotel's restorant is tasty and cheap. The guy at reception was really helpful. The hotel is near DESY where I vent, so for me its location was wonderful. For those who come to walk and to see Hamburg, it's not that good: it takes about half an hour to get to the town centre.

Good hotel, nice rooms
    • Comfort Double Room

WiFi poor At the arrival concierge proposed to me and my colleague to share a room because they overbooked after having paid in advance 340 euros for two rooms

Good hotel, nice rooms

good all was as I required for my stay.
    • Comfort Double Room

Tried to change my Booking but could not (one night shorter) .... I was open to a voucher for future bookings (which I will have through the month of Sept, Oct & November but it was unable to be done...

Fast check in/check out.
    • Standard Twin Room

Cleaning staff didn't respect "do not disturb" sign. Expensive breakfast for it's content.

Fast check in/check out. Clean room. Comfortable bed.

The value of the price.

Slow free wifi. Too slow. Elevators were also slow and at anytime you use it, it stops on floor 0.

The value of the price. Good breakfast although not inclueded. The fact the parking is included is a great add-on for your trip. Big room for 1 or 2 people.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

If you are looking for peace and quiet atmosphere should not miss this hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

being far from the Central Railway Station cost us paying for Taxi to and for the airport.

it was comfortable, clean and friendly, it worthed every cent we paid for but was located a bit far from the Central Railway Station but Taxies were always available to take us anywhere we liked. very quite place but we had to pay for our breakfast too. free WI-Fi was available.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

I will go back for sure.

comfortable place, good value for money, close to the most amnesties, nice breakfast, friendly reception and staff, clean room, we were provided with free WiFi.

Good value option with good public transport to the city
    • Standard Twin Room

The internet in the room was slow.

Very good breakfast. Nice room. Reasonably priced. Free parking. Friendly staff. Bus stop to get to the city was very close.

not bad
    • Standard Twin Room

The wifi is very bad, slow and unstable, basically equal to no wifi. There is a refugee place/house next to the hotel (I guess it may be temporary), so there are some people wondering around and staring at you when you walk by, feel very strange and not very nice. I am not against refugee, but just to say that directly next to a hotel will make the customers feel kind of strange and bad.

The room is clean and comfortable. The breakfast is good, the self-made waffle is pretty nice, we like it a lot. The staff are friendly. There are bus stops just next to the hotel, easy to go to the city. There is a quite nice Chinese restaurant next to it.

+ Friendly staff.

- I was charged 25 Euro more than the booking price. According to the reception this is because I travel with two kids. However it is not written in the hotel policy that accommodating the second one will cost extra. Everywhere is written that extra beds and cots for kids are free. Moreover I wrote them that I am traveling with two kids and they have enough time to respond me that the price will be different.

+ Friendly staff. + Big room. + Free parking (the underground parking has entrance directly to the hotel)

Value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

Almost everything is the same as always for a 4 star hotel with good price except that the swimming pool is no longer in the hotel but the hotel has made an agreement with a swimming pool 200 m away and it costs additional charge.

It is cheap compared to other 4 stars hotels. We have booked this hotel every time we travelled to Hamburg in the past couple of years so our family members like it.

Value but out of town.

The location was a bit out of town and the parking spaces were really small making parking quite awkward. There was a bit of traffic noise discernible from our room.

The Room was fairly spacious and price was good. The reception staff was most friendly and crested a good impression for the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Angry hotel receptionist
    • Comfort Double Room

The staff at the front desk was very rude and the man who attended us spoke poor English. The hotel has seen better days; there was only one blanket for both of us in the bed and we had to "find" the other one that was stored in a bag. The food at the restaurant was very bad; the pasta (called noodles) was terribly overcooked and the chicken was clearly underdone. When the waiter asked us about the food we told him that it was not good but he did nothing about it. In overall the experience was not what one would expect in a 4 star hotel.

Nice hotel but weird house keeping
    • Standard Triple Room

After our first night we put the 'clean our room please' label on the door. When we got back (in the middle of the night) our room wasn't clean and the label was turned. We didn't have clean towels anymore. So I walked down to the reception to ask new ones. Which wasn't a problem, but the fact that someone removed the label and didn't do our room frustrated us. Our room was in a 'dead corner', that makes it extra weird...

The room was big and looked good.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

OK should be better for the price.
    • Superior Suite (2 Adults)

I had to book a suite, as it was the only one available, so it was a pretty expensive stay. I sent a booking.com request for the room to be made up as a TWIN room, (double bed was two singles made up together) but this was not done and my colleague slept 2 nights on the sofabed. We only got 24hrs free wifi although we stayed 2 nights.

Breakfast was Good. Free parking was a bonus.

Could have been a family weekend...
    • Standard Twin Room

I was on a business trip and wanted to travel with family, 2 adults and 2 kids (6 and 3). Hotel told us the kids stay for free but they can only add 1 extra bed in the room, so I would have to book 2 rooms, which incl breakfast would have been about EUR 700 extra for 2 nights (hotel prices were high due to Hamburger Hafengeburtstag) So we decided I travel alone. However it turned out my room (no. 403) had a couch which, even though I had a single occupancy booking, was already converted into a guest bed suitable for 2 adults, i.e. it would have been no problem to stay there with family... Some miss-communication it seems.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Quiet rooms in a good location
    • Standard Triple Room

Room was too warm..could not turn down thermostat..or turn on AC to cool down. If you open window you get loud street noise. Pool was non functioning during our stay. Hotel restaurant was expensive..food marginal..fortunately there are good cheap restaurants nearby

Good location, nice quiet room, nice bed, free parking

clean hotel with basic facilities
    • Standard Twin Room

- no fridge in the room - takes a long time to get to the center (no metro S-bahn or U-bahn station nearby) - very limited facilities

- clean - friendly staff - nice selection of international news TV channels

capacity of parking was very poor.

capacity of parking was very poor. only place for 17 cars in this big hotel. a small shampoo for 2 persons. Pool and sauna not working No refrigerator in the room

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Loved it!
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was good and varied, but rather expensive. And the toilet seemed rather low to me. Airco was rather noisy, but could be turned off.

Really helpful and friendly staff. Very welcoming atmosphere. Loved the pictures and paintings of the great ships everywhere! Very clean throughout. Bed and chairs were comfortable. Beautiful bathroom. Excellent connection by bus to both the Central Station and Altona Station, as well as the city centre. Close to the stadiums in the Volkspark.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

I was booked the room with breakfast and pay already before I came. I don't know, how the system make changes and I must pay again for breakfast. It's no good for my self, because our accountant do not accept additional payments, and I pay for that from my pocket. I do not recommend this hotel any more. Thanks allot.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Peaceful location, great staff!
    • Standard Triple Room

Our room didn't have a fridge and the bathroom door doesn't lock, by design, so it could be a problem if you have a curious child. WIFI was decent, but the coverage was poor, so I had to use it while standing at the entrance of our room, next to the door.

The hotel is away from the city centre but in close proximity to the Bahrenfeld Trabrennbahn bus station, thankfully, and in a peaceful area of Hamburg, within a 2 minute walk from the Flea Market. It offers covered parking, a bar and a restaurant in the ground floor, but despite the price, the breakfast wasn't included. The Reception Staff were extremely helpful, especially Steve Biel and Jager, who explained the bus routes and even printed out the buses we needed to take to visit the tourist spots. There are two supermarkets which can be reached in 10 minutes by walking: a Penny and a Lidl close to it. We were pleasantly surprised to find a bathtub in our washroom. We even had an excellent view of a park nearby, and the room had a kettle, which was a lifesaver.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Good enough for 1 night stay!

- public transport is near, but you don't want to change several times before you get to the centre. So it's a perfect stay for the car traveler. - for some reason we got a small blanket on our double bed, so we had to fight all night for the covers. - breakfast is simply too expensive. We decided to skip it, and went to the center to get local delicacies and saved a lot of money while doing that. - no mini fridge. Our car snack bag (and drinks) went to total waste).

- 24 hr reception - free parking - large room and bathroom - vending machines on 1st, 3rd and 5th floor for your midnight snack cravings.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

If your looking for a hotel near the football stadium/ barclaycard arena is perfect location. Great

No English tv channels

The hotel staff were always helpful, And the facilities are good the pool/sauna is a nice touch and the resturant serves lovely food at reasonable prices.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

everything was fine
    • Standard Twin Room

location is not good, far from whichever grocery store, restaurant and the district seems to be the poorer one and I missed the fan in the bathroom which is combined with toilet

everything was fine

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Nice stay in Hamburg
    • Standard Twin Room

One of the staff members in the breakfast room wasn't nice at all, the wrong guy for the job, he was absolutely overchallenged

The rooms where okay.free parking in the day, at night outdoor, near to the stadium

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

The WiFi connection was very bad.

The WiFi connection was very bad. The staff made us change our room to be nearer to the router, but it still did not work. We told the receptionist we had chosen that hotel because of the free WiFi connection. He told us the connection was good and tried the mobile setting excuse, without showing any kind of sympathy. We expected a better service.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Great Hotel

a little far from the center. too long for a walker.

Welcoming staff, everyone spoke English, very clean rooms and beautiful indoor pool. very quiet location. I would definitely book again.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

DO NOT GO THERE. NEGLİGENCE WAS IN EVERYWHERE.

1- Remote control of TV did not work, because batteries had no energy. 2- Sink in the bathroom was not working. Locked. When you washed your hands in 30 seconds the sink was like a small pool. 3- Negligence was in everywhere.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Good location and free parking, with short bus ride into...

Wi Fi a little slow at times and room was not the cleanest.

Good location and free parking, with short bus ride into central Hamburg. Hotel very close to the motorway. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Nice and Clean.
    • Superior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Nice and Clean. We got the suite which was a great surprise! Continental breakfast was great!

Nice spacious room.

Very expensive breakfast (which we passed on): 18 Euros per person

Nice spacious room. Clean!

Excellent and wonderful

N.A

Everything. Facilities, Service, Food

we were staying there to see the foo fighters across the road, hotel was close to transport hub
    • Standard Twin Room

We loved the hotel, staff were extremely helpful and professional, the location was perfect

Location, parking everything was as to be expected from a...

Breakfast was expensive.

Location, parking everything was as to be expected from a Mercure hotel

We wanted to do check-in 1 hour before standard timing.

We wanted to do check-in 1 hour before standard timing. The personnel was not helpful, not even bothered to check if possible.

Pleasant.

Functional pool when visiting the hotel. More functional aircon.

Locality in proximity to offices.

Good value and friendly staff

Traffic noise

Convenient parking

Clean and correct hotel, friendly staff, spacious room

Clean and correct hotel, friendly staff, spacious room

how expensive the breakfast was.

how expensive the breakfast was...!! 18€ per person is pretty outrageous for a budget hotel

Very good

Expensive breakfast

The comfort, the parking

Great for concert goers
    • Standard Twin Room

Location great for the Barclaycard arena but a bit far for anything else

Great breakfast, room Well appointed and clean

• Standard Twin Room

This hotel was selected as nearest to Barclaycard Stadium. Good value at hotel.

Nothing comes to mind

Ample choice at breakfast

Pleasant.

Breakfast is way too expensive for what it offers.

Easy access, clean, promot and polite people.

Nice hotel with very helpful staff.

bad internet connection

Nice hotel with very helpful staff.

Execelent stay in Mercure Hotel. 100% recomended
    • Standard Twin Room

The bed is very comfortable. The room is very spacious. The staff was very helpful.

Perfect
    • Standard Twin Room

Perfect place with an excellent service.

free parking, modern facilities

elevators are out of date

free parking, modern facilities

The food was very good and a decent choice of wines...

Paid Internet

The food was very good and a decent choice of wines available Clean rooms and quiet neighborhood

It was a bit cold in the room.
    • Standard Twin Room

It was a bit cold in the room.

Slow free Wifi - You have to pay for a better one.
    • Comfort Double Room

Slow free Wifi - You have to pay for a better one.

staff

very bad Wifi

very bad Wifi

Swimming pool was not available

Swimming pool was not available

The room was perfectly clean.good access to bus and train station. Friendly staff. The Internet wasn
    • Standard Twin Room

The Internet wasn't good.

internet is so slow...