Reviews of Novotel München City This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Hochstraße 11, Au-Haidhausen, 81669 Munich, Germany

#93 of 349 hotels in Munich

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

minor: Gym could have more weights, little bit of trek from the train station but well sign posted

Very modern, no extra charges, great pool/gym area, quiet

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Too expensive rooms, hotel is overrated. Check -in/out is taking a time (very unusual nowadays), breakfast area is a big mess, serving tables for guests have to be re-arranged. Printing facilities out of order for few days(nobody cares?)

Very confortable bed, Wi-Fi, clean rooms.

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

Impressive breakfast, perfect location to S Bahn, nice area.. overall an excellent experience for our family! Loved the shortcut & easy access to the river / walking path.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Initial person who met me was a little rude (male) Everyone else was great.

Construction was very noisy. Not the hotels fault, but was a factor. I have stayed there several times before

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

We didn't eat at the restaurant as there were plenty of options in the city centre, but we were put off by the pricing of the breakfast - €21 per person. Maybe it's an amazing breakfast, but for €21 we didn't ask the question.

This hotel is situated in a very good location: a 10 minute walk to the Deutsches Museum and about 15 minutes to Marienplatz, which is the central square of Munich's city centre. There is a street along the way to Marienplatz (Rosenheimer Strasse) which has a variety of restaurants you can choose from, so in that respect it is very well placed. As for the hotel itself, we found the swimming pool to be a great facility that was available everyday from morning to evening. It was pretty cold though, getting in was quite an effort on the first day. It's a case of just getting used to it. There is also a sauna, steam room, and showers beside the swimming pool. These are in an enclosed, mixed nude only section of the pool room so couples don't need to separate while in there. There is also a small gym section with some treadmills, rowing machines and weights. Our bedroom was big and comfortable and included a very imposing 50" or 60" wall mounted TV. All in all I can definitely recommend this hotel for its good location and good facilities.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Room looks bigger in the photos. So it’s not. I would expect a more experienced and kind staff. It took me 35’ min to check out because I asked for an invoice and they didn’t know what are the details that should be included although I gave them when I checked in. Upon my arrival, they asked me to wait to get a room with a better view. I was waiting for 2 hours and then they told me that they gave my room to someone else. They finally found another room.

Walking distance to the center. Quiet room. Very clean.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Room was small, and bed was close to shower area making it tight to get around the room Breakfast buffet was too expensive-21 Euros Small breakfasts were ok--but also expensive 9.50 Euros for croissant, juice, fruit and coffee/tea

Location was great-close to trains and walking to English Gardens and Deutches Museum Quiet and safe location Rooms were clean Nice big screen TV Staff was very helpful and responsive

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

The wastepapar basket was not empty when we checked in and the tissue box in the bathroom was empty. When leaving for dinner we told the receptionist who assured us they would fix it, anyhow nobody took care of it. Small details but important in my opinion. It's the pity as the rest seems to work well.

Central position

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

The list of dislikes is not really big: 1. Water. When we arrived there was no free water, only in the mini bar for 3,5 Eur. That’s very uncomfortable when you travel with kids. 2. Breakfast. Honestly I can’t say anything about the quality of breakfast, the variety was good, but one day we came to have breakfast later than usual and half an hour to the finish time some bowls for sausages and pancakes were empty and they were not refilled even though there were still 30 minutes to go.

Location, friendly staff, swimming pool

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

They changed our room on the second day and they didn’t explain the reason behind it, they only said technicians will do smth about electricity. But the receptiost said that they will upgrade our room. We were unhappily accepted (actually we had to, she forced us.) when we took the new ropm key, it was just a few doors ahead from the old room. The other receptionist told us, no we don’t have any available rooms, we can’t upgrade you but minibar is free for you as favor. Of course we drank from the minibar. While we were checkig out, the 1st receptionist told us, you used minibar so you need to pay. We explained her what the ther receptionist said, she said ‘I changed you room and I didn’t say you can use minibar for free’ !!! Right after she said, ok don’t pay, I’ll delete these. (Like we told her a lie and she is doing a favor that she doesn’t have to) !! That was the worst customor experience I have ever had! So stay away from the receptionist, especially from the blonde one :)

Beds were ok, location was good and breakfast was good.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The bed was one of those memory foam ones, which I wasn't a great fan off. Too hard for my liking. Hotel was a little too far from the metro when you have suit cases

The variety for the breakfast was extensive. Rooms were very modern and clean. Swimming pool was great as was the sauna

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The reception member at check in was not friendly. We had to ask how to get to our room as she didn’t volunteer the directions of room or where gym facilities etc were in hotel. When asked about taxis (had an injury, so mobility not good), she answered why get a taxi when transport near by. So I wasn’t advised where to get a taxi. Sadly reception staff let the hotel down, otherwise hotel was perfect.

Rooms were very clean and quiet. Large tv was a impressive. Reception area was lovely.

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

The toilet was separate to the bathroom and without a basin. No refund for a legitimate cancellation of one of my colleagues who broke his leg the day before we traveled.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The TV was bigger than the bathroom - they have their priorities wrong!

Good location vis a vis subway to airport. It was snowing so public transport was the preferred option.

Parking was 20 Euro overnight, quite expensive

Comy beds, easy check-in and superfast check-out the next day. Restaurant very good with local specialities. Super-big screen TV. The "green" approach of the hotel (recycling etc.)

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

I would have liked to have more variety on the room service menu.

The rooms are very modern and comfortable, I also liked the facilities such as the spa and pool.

The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were small and flat. I could not get comfortable in any position in that wonderfully big bed. This hotel was categorized as being in or near the Aldstadt but that is not accurate. The hotel is actually in a dull, suburban neighborhood with nothing close by.

The staff was friendly and the hotel was immaculate. I loved the play room for children (although I didn't have any), and the set-up of the bar and eating area was designed for fun. The lobby had a friendly active vibe with all the seating areas including computer tables and television viewing.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

I noticed that a Family with children who were headed towards the Swimming pool had to pass through the "nude" area where People entered the Sauna. The layout of the pool/Sauna area was not ideal, but otherwise fine. Also a bit odd was the wall Mount for the blowdryer. When not using the blow dryer there was no Counter top space to set it down. I had to use both Hands to place the appliance back into the Mount. But that is really a very small complaint; I really liked the Hotel and would stay there again.

The room was very clean and everything looked almost new. The mattress was very comfortable. Lobby and Lounge had a nice ambience, hotel staff was friendly. I arrived early and was allowed to check in to my room before noon which was great. The rooms have a kettle for making tea or instant coffee which I appreciated.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

I thought the room rate was a bit expensive in comparison to others in the area.

Very good location, spa and swimming pool facilities. Good for business travel.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

2 men coming in to our room, whilst we were asleep and shouting! this was out last morning and they didnt even knock!!

The staff were amazing, the room was really lovely and modern and very clean!

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

We didn't eat the breakfast provided at the hotel because we thought it to be overpriced ($21 per person).

We liked the friendly staff and the cleanliness of the hotel.

Location was the best. Close to everything we needed

Was such a lovely hotel. Cleaning staff were so friendly. Reception could learn some friendliness from them and actually lift there head's.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

It is a 4-star business hotel with the spa... and we expected bathrobes and slippers in the room as well as ironing board with iron. But those were, unfortunately, missing.

Very nice location (the area is beautiful and worth walking around) Very quiet hotel and the surrounding area The stuff is nice, polite and helpful. The room is nice and cosy. It has both: bathtub and shower

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Only two lifts for the main part of the hotel and they were not that big, the bar staff were particularly rude, it did seem that everyone was getting served before us and we were often ignored,

The swimming pool and sauna was nice

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Room Cleaning was not provided two days even if we left our room in the morning. Mini-bar was not refilled during our stay. That point was absolutely uncomfortable.

Bar and reception staffs were friendly. Room and facilities, especially bar and fitness facilities were comfortable.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The pool is tiny, I only booked for the pool and it was full when I tried to swim. The staff ignored the do not disturb sign. Towels were replaced one day but not the next and only some of them were. Make up your mind about your towel policy, floor for replacement and hung up for don't. All my towels were hung up because why waste energy washing a towel unnecessarily?

Close to the city centre. The lift close door buttons worked.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The WiFi signal was not very reliable. You needed social media to sign in. My husband does not use social media so this was problematic. They did fail to investigate a circuit breaker trip which caused a partial power loss in the unit because it did coincide with a street power outage. When the street power returned we still had no power in part of the room. We did had to request attention again to have them reset the circuit breaker.

The property is in a great location being only a short walk to the center of old town. The room was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was nice but did not vary from day today.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The thing that I could say was the loud noice coming from the lower floor where there was a construction. It was not a problem for me because I was leaving my room before it starts. It was not lasting after 5 pm. By the way, my room was on the second floor, 202, where the rooms start. They could not let us check in early.

The staff at the reception was polite. We could leave our baggages at the back of the reception desk before check in and after check out. The room condition was perfect. The breakfast was also perfect, lots of different food options, good tea selections and coffee. Hotel is very close to S-Bahn, more than you check it on the map. S-Bahn has an entrance in front of the library (Munchner Stadtbibliothek), takes no more than 5 minutes of walk. Hotel has also a nice bar with food and relaxing ambiance.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Staff (both women) were quite inattentive and rude in the lounge café and the all-day restaurant. In the lounge I ordered a specific cheese. She brought the wrong one. When I asked to get the one I ordered she said I ordered the other one and was quite displeased. My friend had heard me order too. At breakfast, the attending staff at reception of the restaurant made a big fuss that I didn't include breakfast in my bill (which I had instructed to be included when I checked in). I felt I was blamed for someone else's mistake and with an unnecessary fuss! Customer comes for breakfast, you check the system and if they want breakfast you can add it, what's the big deal? Not everything has to be a drama.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

I am generally okay with the hotel, but I must comment that the WiFi is very bad with abnormally slow internet speed. I had a hard time trying to load my emails and do my work. This is very disappointing as I chose Novotel because of its reliability as a business hotel, but it seems like they cannot even deliver the basic need of a business hotel, which is to have proper internet connection.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Couldn't really find anything to not like !

An excellent hotel. Nothing really to complain about. I particularly liked : - Room size and comfort, mattress, pillows all very comfortable, I got excellent restful sleep which is rare for me in hotels - Washroom with Tub and shower cubicle, separate toilet - Health club with pool, steam, sauna - Fantastic variety at breakfast - Helpful, friendly and attentive staff Location is good, though a bit of a walk from the Rosenheimer Platz S-Bahn station, its away from the noise of the main road. The Deutsche Museum is just down the road only 10 minutes walk, take the small path opposite the hotel across the small stream. Several restaurants on the main road 5 minutes away.

• Classic Double Room

- I had a single room with 2 bathrooms: one for toilet and one for shower and bath tub. The one with toilet had no washbasin to wash your hands after using the toilet so I needed to move to the other. On the other hand, the one having all 3 water places had very few space on the counter to put your cosmetics. That can be really hard in the morning (for ladies) to get prepared, when you switch from one piece of cosmetics to other, and things to slide from the counter directly into the bath tub. Also, the light was pretty bad to get your makeup on. So I would kindly recommend to make the bath more lady-friendly. - Internet connection was terrible. - Noise from the heating system during night woke me up few times.

- The location is excellent, near Philarmonie am Gasteig. I went to an event in the evening and I could walk to the hotel afterwards. - Hotel has a lot of space and is very clean. Room has a lot of space as well. - Staff is friendly, maybe a bit overwhelmed by many guests, but very attentive. I could leave my luggage the day I needed to leave for the airport few more hours in the lobby. - Breakfast looks very good, and also has lot of options for vegetarians: fruits salads, cereals, cheese.

• Classic Double Room

Unfortunately was the parking quite expensive. Also in our room were some electric-thing, which constantly gives some annoying sound (like a click) during the whole time.

• Classic Double Room

An issue with the personel who proposed service that does not exist. Wrong order for the food, they put cheese when it was not requested to.

SPA, Swimming pool and a specific elevator to avoid customers.

• Classic Double Room

The staff of Novotel Muenchen City created a most friendly atmosphere for guests and visitors. We met a family group in the lobby and restaurant areas and felt as if we were in our own home. - Frank B, Detroit

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Wifi crashed . I contacted reception at midnight they said it would be fixed in one hour . However in the morning there was still no wifi . Also when I went to check out they could not process my Visa Electron Debit card and I had to go to go to the ATM at the Holiday Inn down the road to withdraw cash at a terrible rate not good enough

Air con was not working . No iron in room for €315 that should be a given

Staff excellent and allowed early check in when arrived around 11:15am. Beds great.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

One complaint; I was overcharged when I checked out from the hotel by approximately 80 euros. I emailed the hotel 2 weeks ago to recover the cost but have not received a credit or an explanation.

Staff excellent, v. friendly and efficient. Speak perfect English. Rooms very clean excellent.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The price of the room was a bit too expensive for a chain hotel.

The room was ample, with wide windows and furnished in a modern, functional style. Very comfortable mattress! Great bathroom with both shower and bath. The breakfast was fantastic, and the staff was always kind. 10-minute walk to Isartor, 15-minute walk to Marienplatz. There is a subway station next to the hotel (Rosenheimer Platz).

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The only thing we did not love is the size of the bathroom and the limited counter space.

The room size was great, hotel was modern. Staff was friendly and location was great. We received a comp upgrade for my dad and aunt and everyone enjoyed their stay in Munich.

• Executive Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

The Food Service is restricted, with limited Options outside of the principal meal time.

Friendly, helpful staff, comfortable bed, well designed room, good Wellness centre, inc. a 15m pool.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Beds were hard and small (but they were singles) and the breakfast was an extra 21.5€ pp.

Staff were nice and hotel was clean and quiet and close to the Oktoberfest grounds.

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

Space for improvement is vast regarding breakfast.

The staffs are very helpful and friendly. It is very close to the Deutsches museum, a place one should not miss. The restaurants in the nearby neighborhood are good too.

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

Absolutely loved our stay here! The room was beautiful, the staff was great, the location was very easily accessible and central, and it was literally the best hotel breakfast I have ever had. I am already missing the great bread, meats, cheeses, eggs, and muesli...I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Munich!

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Hotel was very nice! The breakfast is also wonderful, so great value for your money. We came during Oktoberfest and my only downside would be the location. You couldn't walk to the park from the hotel, however it's definitely walk-able to the city center so if you're looking for a place near the city it's an excellent choice!

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

The toilet is separate from the bathroom. The staff were not well informed about publuc transport in the area. Due to a works problem in the s-bahn, we had to find another way to city centre. Asked the hotel receptionist if we could reach the city centre by another means of public transport and said there wasn't any other way. We ended up walking for over 30 minutes to get to city centre only to find out, later that day, that there was a tram stop 5 mins from hotel.

Very well decoratedd, clean and spacious family room. Sauna and pool available for relaxing after a day out visiting the city.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Limited range of meals available and expensive. This I suppose is to be expected in this sort of hotel. Only one decent restaurant nearby.

Friendly and helpful staff

The toilet is separate from the bathroom (I think in the French way). And the room lacked things like slippers (you would have to enter the toilet bare-footed with no floor mat.)

The hotel and the room interior looked like brand new. The hotel is near a shopping center that includes dining outlets, supermarkets, and takes you right into the Rosenheimerplatz metro station, which is just 2 stations from Munich's center (Marienplatz). You could also walk to the center, walking through a small park and crossing the Isar river over a nice looking bridge (about 20 minutes).

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

The room was small, and the pillows were really hard.

Great location. Easy access to the Hotel from the airport. Just need to catch the S8 line and basically gets you door to door.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Wonderful personel Wonderful rooms very good internet Wonderful breakfast and very close to the city center From now on this hotel will be my only choice in the city

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

Fungus in the sauna: i had to throw away my slippers after i got there! Small bathroom and small room. Too expensive breakfast and parking.

Location (close to the center). Very polite staff.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

There was a strange smell in the room - although it was quite faint it was noticeable when entering. There was no desk in the room. Whilst the breakfast buffet had a good selection, the "hot" items were lukewarm at best.

The bed was comfortable and the room a good size. Good breakfast selection.

Cost me too much for one night. Check for local deals on arrival to get the best price. Especially with if travelling with kids.

Good location near Deutsche museum. Good rooms. Excellent breakfast

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

No water in the bathroom You have to carry water in a bottle if you will use the toilet No one would help with the luggage and i had many and only my kids One of the staff working in the restuarant her name is janine was unfriendly and she treated us in a different way than Europian tourists

There are many muslims so I wish they would clarify what is halal amd what is not Some of the staff are very friendly others are not

Nothing negative to say.

Well designed room maximizing space. Very comfortable beds and a huge flat screen Tv. A 7 minute walk to the underground train station with very easy access to the City center and the airport. Will definitely stay there again!

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Room was not particularly cheap, (although this could have been the time/day that I booked for), and breakfast was not included with the rate, (though I knew this when I booked). The journey from the airport on the train took a lot longer than usual due to delays on the day, but usually it would be a very easy journey.

The bedrooms were comfortable, the gym and sauna facilities were nice to have on hand, nice bar/bistro on the ground floor. Staff were very friendly and helpful. A short walk/not too far from the tram/underground/train.

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

The size of the room was a bit small for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children)

Bed is comfortable and the bathroom is also good. The location is good. It is a walking distance from downtown and Deutsches Museum. The is a good supermarket just around the corner.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

There was a huge variety of food on display but unfortunately the breakfast quality product was poor for all things I ate from the buffet. The bread rolls were stale, the cheese was not good, the muesli was terrible, coffee was not nice. The staff in the breakfast room was unhelpful. They were not clearing any tables. You charged a high price for breakfast but sorry to say the quality of the breakfast is way below any basic standard.

The room was clean and well equipped. The check in staff was efficient and friendly.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The lack of attention from the people who clean the rooms . They were very noisy when they knocked and entered the room early in the mornin to clean the room. Same with the people who wer checking in the minibar. Very rude attitude in general.

Swimming pool area and the gourmet area.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Nothing really but air conditioning could have been cooler. We had it on lowest setting.

Modern hotel, clean and in a good position to walk in and out of the city centre. Our room smelt like it had recently been refurbished

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

We stayed with kids and the extra beds they provided were very uncomfortable. Room was not big enough for family of 4. Also they didn't provide irons in the rooms. We had to go wait in line in an ironing room which is very inconvenient! Also, bring your own toiletries. They only provide shower gel and soap!

Service was good. It was clean. Facilities were fine. Great buffet breakfast!

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

AC could not keep up with the heat.

Beds very comfortable, pool was nice, didn't try sauna b/c it was sooo hot out. Staff very helpful and great English. Location was 10 min walk to city center, Marienplatz, Hofbrau House, etc. Parking easy and secure, good value for the city.

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

We arrived to Munich for an early check around 13:00 pm and we were told the room was not ready because they had to set it up for my children, meaning the sofa bed. We did not arrive back to the hotel until 10:30 and when we were assigned room 244, the sofa bed was not set up, no extra linens etc. I received a confirmation week before about the room being set up, did not understand why this was not carried through. I called at 11:00 pm to ask for linens and for the sofa bed to be set up and was told no staff available and that I needed to do it myself. 5 phone calls later, including my 13 year old's call asking how to pull out the bed, 45 min to just figure it out, I called reception again and almost lost it. finally 12:45 am someone came up to figure the sofa bed out. My children and I did not make it to bed until 1:00 am. Not an ideal situation.....

Clean and air conditioned work very well.

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

The expensive parking, 21 Euro/night.

Modern & clean. Breakfast was good, many selections. We got checked in early to our room when we got there after a long flight & that was a bonus. Overall good experience.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The key cards to our room was a definite problem and we were in room 215.....facing the Holiday Inn and trucks and construction began at 4 AM one morning and 6 AM another morning. Thank goodness it was quiet weekend mornings.

Liked the location MUCH. Liked the swimming pool altho the temperature was less than comfy. Had breakfast only one morning out of 5 because the 21 euro /pp is more than budget allows. The morning we did have breakfast we enjoyed the meatballs, eggs and fresh fruit salad and yogurts. The other mornings we had yogurt and bread in our room w/purchases from the supermarket.

The swimming pool is cold and the sauna and steam bath is not working on weekend!!!!!! Disappointed

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

There was a strong smell like new carpet and varnish throughout the property. They were in the midst of renovations so I assume this is a temporary thing, but if you are very sensitive to chemical smells you might want to avoid this hotel for the time being.

Very clean and modern property in a quiet neighborhood. Efficient and genial staff. Very generous and tasty breakfast.

Breakfast was more expensive than other places that we stayed on our trip so we ate at another location. We had 10 people in our group so it was more convenient to eat at our hotels before packing up for the trip to the next place.

The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Classic Double Room

AC too weak for hot summer days, even on highest settings, the blanket provided is just too hot to sleep under. Windows cannot be fully opened, only slightly from the top - done on purpose for safety reasons I guess. Mattress too soft for our backs, has some back and neck pains after. Only one big, warm blanket - need to share :) Shower will be uncomfortable for someone over 1.85M tall. But, can use the bathtub. No electrical socket in the bathroom - needed one for my toothbrush. Closet offers some handing place but, not enough shelves.

Room 354, window to an inner courtyard, very quiet, good noise isolation. Separate toilet, bathroom with both a shower and a bath. Nice spacious room with a HUGE TV - HDMI, USB, Screen Sharing options. Decent free WiFi and a stronger premium WiFi for a small fee (6 EUR). Room offers a kettle and some tea and coffee. Good hair drier. Good sunlight coverage with dark drapes. The lobby is very modern and nice looking, has 2 Mac PCs to use, has a nice children room with an Xbox. Nice hotel bar - didn't use. Very friendly staff that speaks excellent English. Check in and Check out very fast and easy. Location: 6 min walk from Rosenheirmer Platz station that offers excellent connection to the S8 line that can take you to the airport in 40 min. Located 2 or 3 S-Bahn stations from the center (Marienplatz and Karlsplatz), you can even walk 20 min on foot to there, comfortably. Also 2 min walk is the Motorama Ladenstadt - shopping center, offers 2 big supermarkets, shoe shop, some fast food restaurants and other small shops. There is also an Esso petrol station right next to the hotel for any late night snacks or drinks. An amazing ice cream shop is right around the corner - True & 12 Handmade Ice Cream!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

Excellent breakfast. Our 6-years old fell in love with the play room. Nice waiting area also for the adults near the play room. Close to the museum & city center.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Breakfast and supper at the motel were wonderful and the rooms were beautiful. It was a little difficult to get around because of construction and nerve-wracking to get around the right places (but that's a common problem all over Germany); the staff was very nice. The room was hot, and the A.C. never did really cool the room down. That was the only reason for the down-graded score. Everything else was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

There were no toothbrush and no conditioner.

We could use the computer at a lobby which was convenient to book the train tickets. we appreciate that the hotel allowed us to check out the night before as we needed to leave early morning.

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

We only stayed one night in Munich. The hotel looked and felt luxurious and the bed as well as the sofa bed were very comfortable! The shower and tub room was spacious and my husband and sons loved the smart tv. Our children loved the play room in the lobby. I wish we had stayed a little longer to take advantage of the spa. The hotel is well located close to the S bahn and metro which mostly reachable through a tunnel - helpful when it rained. It's walking distance to the city centre and the hoffbrauhaus. We loved everything about our stay. Every staff member we met and dealt with were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

room was a little tight for 4 people and being tired we did not notice that a plain hamburger with just bacon and ketchup (and one with only some honey) was 25.50 Euros, so we paid 51.00 Euros for 2 hamburgers, that is really so far overpriced we are still puzzled by it................this was the most expensive meal on our trip

Loved the pool facility, kids enjoyed it, breakfast was excellent,

• Standard Room with 1 double bed and sofa

The room is on the small side if you stay in there together with two kids but we didn't expect otherwise.

The overall quality of the stay was excellent, we liked the wellness area with sauna and steam sauna a lot! Breakfast buffet was absolutely perfect. WiFi reception was very good.

Browse Novotel München City traveller photo gallery