Reviews of Mercure Airport Hotel Berlin Tegel This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Kurt Schumacher Damm 202, Reinickendorf, 13405 Berlin, Germany

#391 of 579 hotels in Berlin

my Standard room’s bathroom sink was very worn. My friends had upgraded rooms and no complaints.

The food in the restaurant was fantastic! Dinner surprised us - not standard hotel fare but fresh, tasty, and beautifully presented. Our waiter was justifiably proud of dishes he recommended- and save room for desert... Breakfast buffet was both quality and quantity... extraordinary number of selections thoughtfully curated to appeal to many different travellers’ tastes, beautifully presented, fresh and delicious.

Staff was rude and not friendly. Every interaction, including check-in, left me feeling uninvited. I sat late for the breakfast buffet. I only had a starter when everything was removed without warning. They were indignent when I asked if I could have a couple of items from the cart. Everything was overpriced.

We arrived after waiting 5 hours at the airport for our luggage that was still not found, we were very tired and had nothing with us. The receptionist checking us in was very sympathetic and did all she could to make us as comfortable as possible. The meal we had was really good and the dining room is open until late. The free shuttle bus to the airport is an excellent service too.

I didn't like the view from my room I did request a view, but I receive one that was line with a concrete platform all I saw was brick...I was too tired to go back and mentioned this, and for one night stayed. I did mentioned it them in the morning because I was returning and the lady assign one for my return which was excellent. Overall it was all good, thank you.

The location is great, close to the airport and all the bus services. The hotel have a shuttle service every fifteen minutes, this is great for site seeing. The buses at the airport goes into the City and you can visit as much places as you want and when you return to the airport just call up the shuttle and they come and pick you up and take you back to the hotel. It is a great choice ...

I am not big on breakfast just coffee and toast would work for me. But I don't believe they off this which was a bummer. The breakfast I would say is more or less a continental one, but maybe you could order hot one I am not sure. It is a bit expensive but you get a lot...so if you like a big breakfast go for it

I liked that the room was clean the stuff was excellent. The chef makes a fantastic Salmon dinner. The shuttle service was really excellent. I would also recommend this hotel if you plan to stay in Berlin to do some site seeing their shuttle service takes you back and forth to the airport where you can take a regular bus and travel anywhere you want in Berlin.

Only and only if you have a very early flight, then only book this. Rooms were very basic, not even a coffee/Tea makerin the room. Parking is Euro 24/day. So in Luxury there is nothing and not even the basic. I would recommend staying 10 minutes away and save Euro 100/night, bonus getting better facilities!!

Just it's proximity to the Tegel Airport

• Double Room with Sofa

There was no settee and no kettle nor condiments in the room. Very bad for that price. You have to go to bar to take hot drink. Very bad.

I never took breakfast

• Double Room with Sofa

First choice if you want to be close to Tegel airport. Free shuttle bus from/to the Tegel Airport (5 minutes ride). Note that the shuttle stop at the Haltestelle X9. This is also close to the bus stop from e here the Shuttle bus for the ILA departs.

Communist architecture on the outside even though this is former West Berlin. The inside is very nice, though. Signs for the shuttle are nowhere to be seen at the airport, and airport staff don't seem to be well informed either.

The room was absolutely quiet, and the breakfast excellent.

• Double Room with Sofa

The first and biggest problem for me was that apple maps by default brings you to car park behind the hotel that has no access to the hotel. As a result I needed to use the search facility on maps to find the nearest POI that I could drive to. My advice would be for the web site to make reference to the Petrol Station for the use of GPS maps. The second issue was that there was a very limited range of non dairy/vegan option on either the breakfast or evening meals. The staff were very understanding but is you have both a dairy and egg intolerance even simple things like salad dressings can cause an issue. However once I informed the staff they were able to accommodate my dietary needs but it would be nice if it detailed as an option on the menu.

Really good location being so close to the Tegal airport. Friendly staff, great restaurant with a wide selection of local meals.

Food in the restaurant was just okay. I don’t eat animal products so there wasn’t too much of a choice for me for dinner - I had gotten spoiled at restaurants in Berlin so this was a change for me. My son’s dinner was fine.

Room was very comfortable - I travelled with my son and would have liked an electrical outlet near my bed - we had twin beds and he had an outlet near his. Reasonably quiet, comfortable bed and bedding. Shuttle system to airport worked well.

• Double Room with Sofa

Location of hotel shuttle at airport is not clear. Walking to the hotel from airport is nearly 30min, so if you are not aware of where to catch the shuttle the location of the hotel is slightly inconvenient.

Food at the restaurant was good. Airport shuttle was convenient.

• Double Room with Sofa

The carpet gave the room a musty smell. I had to keep the window open all night to try to get rid of the mustiness even though it was freezing.

I enjoyed the breakfast. The room was warm.

Great breakfast and good dinner the night before. Friendly staff and 5 minutes from the airport with shuttle bus. If visiting Siemens another 5 minutes by taxi.

Heating in the room wasn't working properly and it was unbearably hot. I got to the hotel so late that I just couldn't bother to inform the staff but left it for the morning. Thus, I can't say if it was fixed immediately but I hope so.

Room was warm but windows opened so we were able to keep it cooler. Temperatures couldn’t be controlled by room thermostat.

Friendly staff. Willing to accommodate. The meals in the hotel restaurant were well prepared, ample serving size and reasonably priced.

Breakfast for additional fee... well, ok, if I should check the implicit things, this is not for me. There were few customers at the reception in the morning. The second receptionist came to counter, checked something in his computer for 10 minutes... then asked - are you waiting for checkout. NO! I'm fckn sweating here to see your pretty face, boy. Ugly attitude.

Double windows on airport side. It was quiet

The bar/restaurant was generally good, but it was a bit difficult to order/pay for your drinks in the lounge. Probably miscommunication on both ends!

Quick check-in, loved the rooms - nice staff! Silent rooms.

• Double Room with Sofa

The staff was obviously experienced with airplane passengers. They booked my morning taxi for me, and offered everything I needed for my very early departure.

The shower was REALLY high to step into which is fine for me but for some might be an issue.

The staff were super friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out were fast and easy. The room was a good size, clean and comfortable in a location that was perfect for getting to the airport for an early flight.

Charged more for two of us when price quoted was for a double. Food too expensive in restaurant. No guarantee for am shuttle, had to take taxi. That was reason for booking near airpor. No coffee/ tea in room

location to airport

I had appreciated to be informed be forehand that the hotel is undergoing renovation works and therefore, for example no minibar, as indiquated, available.

Perfect location, helpful and friendly staff, free airport shuttle

Gym could be bigger. Registration staff very impersonal and abrupt. Made me feel like I was a bother to them.

General layout. Wine and food. Bar ladies were very nice and helpful. Close to airport.

We just stayed 1 night to be near airport. They have their own Great free shuttle bus to and from hotel even at 5am in the morning. Restaurant was lovely too, we didn't try breakfast due to a early flight.

• Double Room with Sofa

Hotel was quite hard to find and not very well sign posted. Parking outside the hotel was expensive.

The hotel was well situated for our needs and the beds comfortable.

Room service menu in the room is different than room service menu in restaurant.

Good breakfast. Nice room. Perfect room service and restaurant. Highly recommended.

• Double Room with Sofa

Hotel shuttle is rather not so easy to find. The airport information desk actually calls the hotel.

Clean room. Silent. Friendly staff. Everything you need for one night stay before early flight.

Breakfast was too expensive, the second most expensive we encountered during two weeks of travel in Germany. Parking was too expensive, also among the most expensive in Germany even in more urban areas. Worst of all was the total inadequacy of directions and signs to find the place. Car drivers should avoid this place like the plague!

Breakfast was good. Room was clean. It's fairly close to Tegel airport (but not as close as inferred in the ads).

• Double Room with Sofa

Dirty floor all over the room. First floor besides meeting-rooms, the staff cleaned and carrying plates/chairs 01.00 at night. Payed 40 euro for pet in room,not worth the total price ...

Bed good

It was a low middle class hotel . SmaLL 1970 economy class Novotel rooms, truly tacky bathroom and uninviting lobby and no restaurant fitting the low middle class nature of a modest Novotel. I would not recommend anyone use this hotel.

Nothing but proximity to Tegel Airport

It was expensive, the shower did not work, no water was included with the room with no indication that they woudl charge for it. All in all I was very unhappy with this hotel

• Double Room with Sofa

Beds could have been more comfortable.

Convenient location relative to the airport. Having shuttle service to the airport was great. Good bar and restaurant.

The comfort of the twin bed mattress could be a lot better compared to other hotels we used in the same price range.

The cleanliness of the room received a lower later because a previous guest's dirty towel was left behind the door. Almost half the entrees on a limited menu were not available at 7 pm. In the hotel restaurant.

• Double Room with Sofa

Staff in restaurant ignoring customers. Very slow service. Food very expensive for the quality and amount served. Beds are big, but duvet too small, bed too firm. Aircon control very simple. TV channels limited. Only one in English and it was American. No British TV at all. Two Chinese, Arab, Russian etc. Very bad quality. Had to pay for water bottle too. And very expensive. Outdated design. Dark - not enough of light.

Clean and tidy, nice service at the welcome desk. Spacious room. Very good supply in the bathroom, first time I had toothbrush and toothpaste. Bathroom outdated, but nice as you have a choice of bath or shower.

Breakfast while very nice did not justify the ridiculous price charged for it

Near to airport free shuttle bus that picked us up very quickly from airport Comfortable beds

• Double Room with Sofa

Taxi not keen to take you there as such a short journey. Hotel transport starts at 04:45hr - just a little late for a 06:00 departure.

Convenient for the airport but quite a long walk. Relatively quiet.

• Double Room with Sofa

You have to ring for shuttle & it's not signed where to find the bus stop. Once you know it's great, but first time is frustrating

Location, breakfast (fab) & general facilities

• Double Room with Sofa

Costly 'complimentary' drinks in room refrigerator.

Free, fast, friendly shuttle to the airport. Quiet rooms considering the hotel is so close to the airport. Clean rooms.

Can't think of anything!

Staff was really friendly (even when I checked in at 1.30 am!) and breakfast was amazing!They even have a free shuttle to take you to the airport!

There was no drinking water in the room...and you have to buy it from the front desk! They do not provide a coffee maker, nor an iron and ironing board. There was no sign indicating that the water from the bathroom was safe to drink so you have to buy bottled water from the front desk! NO HOTEL I have ever stayed in does this. The restaurant staff was rude and made me wait over 15 minutes for my bill after I asked for it while the waitress cleared tables and chatted with the one other customer in the restaurant. I asked for my bill 3 times and was told "In a few minutes" and she walked away and ignored me. This was at 10:30 pm and she was not busy! The food was mediocre at best and the carpet in the restaurant area around the tables was filthy with very obvious stains. The driver of the shuttle rolled his eyes 4 or 5 times while loading the luggage, and then off loaded the suitcases onto the street, not on the curb, and left two handicapped women in their 60s to struggle with lifting it up on the curb. Therefore, he did NOT deserve a tip for which he very obviously stood there waiting, not offering to help at all. Did not open the door for the passengers either. If he is unhappy with this job, he should work somewhere else! I stayed here a few years ago and am shocked at how much it has changed! I do NOT recommend this hotel!

The front desk in staff was very nice.

bed was hard, shower cubicle very plastic

Many reviews of this place are quite hard. If you are looking for a very convenient place next to Tegel airport, this is your hotel >if you re looking for a relaxed holiday, look somewhere else. The check in was efficient and the rooms were small, well-appointed, clean and quiet. I booked the hotel because I had an early flight from TXL. They have an efficient shuttle to the airport and my overall experience as an overnighter for a flight as perfect

• Double Room with Sofa

Being overcharged for breakfast and strange charges that appeared on my final bill. Contacted the hotel and asked for explanation - NO RESPONSE. Tried to get in touch with management NO RESPONSE. Check your bill,

I like the early breakfast, the closeness to the airport, the quiet atmosphere and the shuttle to the airport

Some waitresses could benefit from extra training. The soup was so salty it was almost impossible to eat. When I asked for a wine list I was told it was red or white, only after I insisted I was brought the wine list. Rooms are bit outdated and tired but I think this is consistent with the state of Tegel airport.

Very friendly check in staff

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Nothing really. Was good airport hotel.

Stayed after my flight was cancelled. Staff were helpful and polite. Good breakfast options. Very good bed and quality bedding.

• Double Room with Sofa

It is all about money! - Reception Staff not friendly at all. Check in process a bit too slow eventhough we had reservations. - Hotel Restaurant Poor service: We went to have dinner at the hotel restaurant Robin who was the guy taking care of us was not the most friendly individual. We order 4 dishes, 3 drinks and asked for a cup of hot water since I was having a cold. He charged us 2.60€ for a cup of hot water not only once but twice because I asked for more displayed as a Tea in my bill. Very dissapointing coming from a change like Mercure Hotels. Good food tough!

- Location: Closure to the airport since we have an early morning flight day after and this hotel is just 5minutes away from the airport. - Restaurant Food only we order 4 dishes and they were all real good/ Service was poor.

• Double Room with Sofa

There was no cattle or coffee maker in the room. They could provide those for the price.. The hotel stuff was helpful, but not friendly at all.

The airport shuttle is really great! You have to call the hotel to ask for the shuttle to be sent, but it takes only 5 min for it to arrive. This hotel is perfect for overnight layovers.

The morning front desk person did not explain how you had to line up to board and even though I was the first that morning, the airport shuttle driver would only take the first six. I was seventh after being informed that I need to be outside. I nearly missed my flight and was also treated rudely by the driver. Not an experience I enjoyed. Probably won't visit the location or hotel chain again.

A very friendly front desk greeting when I arrived.

• Double Room with Sofa

We were family of 4 with one kid under Age of 18. We booked 2 double bed rooms. Even the reservation was made 2 months ahead our rooms were not even close except they were in the same floor. Staff were not friendly, had attitude when paying with credit card for drinks and snacks in hotel. When I asked if it would be easier to exchange US $ for Euros, I was told that was more complicated. To charge your phone or other electronics you needed to have outlet adapter since there were no adapters provided no USB outlets.

The only thing I like was proximity to the airport and shattle ride from and to the airport.

• Double Room with Sofa

A bit higher price per night than others in the area, but we felt that because we had an early flight and it was only 1 night, then it was worth it.

We only stayed here one night to have easy access to Berlin airport (which is surprisingly small). Good decision. It's very close by. I dropped off the car the day before and walked the few blocks back. It's tucked away and out of sight. It has above average quality but not fancy. Great restaurant. Dinner was fabulous. The breakfast is well worth the cost as the choices there were almost overwhelming. They actually had a large block of honeycomb you could cut into. Wow.

Beds most uncomfortable No fridge in the room Bathroom tub too high and potentially dangerous Good good but very expensive No 110 120 plugs in the room Adapters not working Staff acts too stiff

Airport shuttle Cleanliness

Staff were surprisingly unfriendly

In general that is a type of accommodation you would expect to see near an airport. It's close to Tegel and the shuttles go every 10 minutes or so which is quite convenient

In the middle of no where. A residential area. We had to get a taxi the following morning and staff promised to book and arrange. Taxi did not come as location is so bad that we ended up with luggage on trams and train. Staff not responsible for taxis but they could not care less that we had to catch a train and did not even tell that no taxi was available till we asked. Many guests had same problem. No idea why anyone would stay here. Its more expensive then the better location at Alexandra Platza and that was better and cheaper .

I had to catch a very early flight next morning. So, perfect location, the offered shuttle service came quite handy. Nice big room and very well sound proofed. But it has its price.

Very small bathroom. Door opens into toilet. Room not soundproof. We could hear every plane take off before we inserted ear plugs for the night.

Very close to airport--5 minutes. Free shuttle. Clean rooms. restaurant on site. Good breakfast and OK dinner.

Quite slow service on the spot, late delivery of extra bed linen to the room. But otherwise friendly attitude from the staff.

The location was convenient for the purpose. The brekfast very affordable. Prompt responses to e-mails.

Rude staff and no access to hotel if they shuttle isn't running - our flight was delayed and the shuttle had stopped. We called to ask for directions from hotel and they hung up. Two cabs wouldn't take us becuawe it was too close. We tried walking but it's not accessible.

It cost €30 to check into your room before 15:00.

The location near Berlin Tegel airport was very good. They offer gratis hotel shuttle to and from airport. There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel. There is a nice outdoor pool on the premises. They have fluffy bathrobes and slippers for your use, but you must request them.

Staff were excellent; they held my bags for a few days prior to check in when I was traveling with students in Venice, and they also paid my cab driver, who did not have a credit card reader, and then transferred that amount to my hotel bill so I could pay it at checkout. All in all, service was outstanding.

All of the rooms and coridor have old carpets. I think it smells bad. They charged me extra 14€ for breakfast actually the room rate has already breakfast.I think,they will pay back this ekstra money. No mini bar on room... Only i recomended, if you need to stay close to the airport, you can stay there... 200€ for per night is a crazy price for that avarage standart.

It's very close to airport Berlin Tegel. Their shuttle is always ready to pick up from airport.... super fast... Breakfast buffet is rich and good. Airport is very close.

• Double Room with Sofa

Parking is restricted, and even taxis can be prevented from reaching the front door.

The breakfast was ample, varied and delicious. The room was spacious (bit chilly on first entering), the bathroom smallish but clean, with lots of hot water. The staff helped a lot with a lost baggage problem (recovered in time).

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The cleaner knocked and immediately opened the door not once but three times that annoyed us and was not necessary ,we reported this to the reception

Location was key for us as we were travelling to our home in Spain next morning , trip into Berlin centre was easy so location was excellent for us

• Double Room with Sofa

Hotel too big, it takes a while to get to the rooms from the elevators. Wi-fi was very poor and not reliable. Breakfast was confusing and very expensive.

Very nice and impressive hotel. Great location, you can walk to Sonny Center and many other places. Public transportation is also accessible and easy to move around Berlin. Nice night bar, good place to relax after a long day.

The driver that drove the shuttle bus to the airport the morning after my stay was extremely rude. He also dropped me off at the wrong terminal, he did not even ask. Being a foreigner and not being familiar with the airport I would've assumed asking a guest whichbterminal to be dropped off at is a standard question

N/a

the staff were really attentive without being overly so. The lunch and breakfast was really really good (have never seen a whole honeycomb before!)> Overall, lots of very nice touches, including the ever ready shuttle to the airport and transportation.

Very efficient service. Caught shuttle to airport, driver loaded my case into the van and then unloaded it at the airport, for which I was very thankful.

• Double Room with Sofa

The room we stayed lacked compliment service of tea and coffee. The bottle of water was priced 3.50 euro for a small bottle. When I asked for a kettle at the room, the front desk was not helpful.

I liked that they had an airport shuttle to/from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Double Room with Sofa

Had to collect an iron and ironing board from reception - for the rate I paid that's very poor service The room was too hot and the air conditioning unresponsive

Location to the airport.

nothing really, I was there only for 1 night so didn't spend enough time in the hotel to judge it

close to the airport, airport shuttle was very quick in the morning and for free

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

There is an Attraction Park closer to the Hotel and is very confortable closer to the Tegel Airport, also have a good and nice Restaurant inside of the Hotel. We like it too much!! We can totally recommended.

On departure you can't just drop your key, you need to hang around while the desk staff do various things with computers etc and if there's someone ahead of you you have to wait, which is a major IT fail in 2017, especially when you're up super early for an 0700 flight and need to get going

The location is unbeatable, a lovely walk from the terminal through a tunnel and a little forest, and the room and bed were very comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

However, we me at the lobby around cocktail time and were offered drinks. But when it came time for a refill, no one was to be found. When we finally got the attention of the waitress, after many tries, she had a very bad attitude. We did not leave a tip, but did leave with a very poor impress of the hotel,

The hotel has a great location, the facilities are basic and clean. The checkin in staff were lovely and we had a nice lunch at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Bed was not comfortable. Rooms were dated. Shower drain fed into drain in the bathroom floor and flooded the bathroom. This hotel needs a renovation and maintenance upgrade.

Close proximity to the airport with a free shuttle

The service in the restaurant was poor. The food was good, but the service wasn't. The shuttle to the airport did not ask what airline I was flying (or which terminal I wanted). As a result, I got off at the wrong terminal, it was difficult finding my airline.

The check-in staff was lovely.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

If you're there for a layover or one night great. For more nights, I wouldn't stay. That's just me. The bed is really uncomfortable and thin!! The rooms really need to be updated and the lighting is poor especially at the price they are quoting for rooms. It really is a basic hotel. There's shampoo and soap but no shower cap or lotion or some other little treats you would get for staying in other hotels at their rate:-(

Perfect location to get to the airport on time. Shuttle bus to the airport is convenient and helpful. Restaurant dinner was wonderful. Good salmon and vegis and jasmine rice! The room has great blackout curtains and it was quiet even though I was near to the roadway. Didn't hear a sound. I could control heat or cold in the room.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Double Room with Sofa

Dependent on the shuttle bus or private taxi. No public transport options near by. Check in is at 3pm, if you want to check in early they charge you 30 euros.

free shuttle bus to and from airport.

Browse Mercure Airport Hotel Berlin Tegel traveller photo gallery