Reviews of Hotel Landhaus Feldmeier ***S This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Ettaler Str. 29, 82487 Oberammergau, Germany

#17 of 19 hotels in Oberammergau

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

5.5
    It was ok
    • Comfort Double Room

The staff was not very friendly, they did not seem to be around so if i needed something i would have to wait. The cost of the hotel was not equivalent for the overall stay/service/hotel.

I enjoyed the bed and comforter

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

the hotel is quiet and efficiently run.

the hotel is quiet and efficiently run. I had a beautiful room that perfectly met my needs. It had a huge balcony with views over the mountains. Breakfast had a good selection of cold cuts , fruit, boiled and scrambles eggs and bacon, There was a varied selection of bread. A four course evening meal at 22 euro was good value for money. This is my second time at this hotel and I will be returning at the same time next year, The Hotel is well located for the wide variety of hiking available

Wouldn’t return.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel smelled badly of cigarette smoke. At our initial greeting we asked the time breakfast started and finished & were told abruptly we’d find the answers in the ‘blue book’. Our rooms were right by a noisy & busy road. Plus there was no WiFi unless we specifically asked for access from reception. The welcome was poor considering it’s such a beautiful location.

The breakfast was ok.

The room was nice and clean, pretty much as expected.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was nice and clean, pretty much as expected. We skipped breakfast, the breakfast area reeked of constant cigarette smoking. The room did not have this issue.

Great clean spa and breakfast is the bonus, unknown check-in until booked, not flexible if issues.

Until the booking was completed, there was no indication that they have limited check-in and check-out times. Not flexible either to accommodate. The Mini-bar was not functional for six nights and they did not want to change room even if there were some available (5-8 days to replace mini bar). No air conditioning and it was a warm week, although cool at night, but the summer would be unpleasant. The WIFI was not working on arrival due to staff unable to provide a generated code and would not be able to do so until Monday (poor service). Spoke no English. At check out waited more than 25 min because only one person could handle the check out even if the husband was serving breakfast only a few feet away. Ended up leaving to catch bus and had to follow up with them for payment as their policy is full of penalties if you don't pay right away. Cost 6$ for a foreign money transfer.

One of the poorest services in Oberammergau
    • Comfort Double Room

There was only 1 person who spoke some English. Cannot prove, but it smelled like there were people (owners) who smoked in hotel (particularly in restaurant area). Breakfast rather poor for such hotel - when I asked if it is possible to get porridge after ~5 min (nobody spoke English) got answer - no...

Room was spacios, comfortable

Nice breakfast.
    • Comfort Double Room

I liked the spa, but we didn't know that the whirlpool had to be paid separately and we were informed only after we have used it: 5 euros. Also, it is only open until 21.00 and one evening we were asked to leave it at 21.02 minutes. No flexibility. The room was not big as shown on booking: it was definitely not 30 squared meters. The furniture is very old and staying in the room did not make me feel comfortable. The kitchen closes at 20.30 in the evening and this was too early for us. I would not recommend the place in general and definitely not for young couples.

Nice breakfast.

The location in the middle of Oberammergau.
    • Comfort Double Room

Service was poor, almost unfriendly.

The location in the middle of Oberammergau. Beautiful village. Large and light rooms . Standard German breakfast .

Cozy family run hotel in the heart of Oberammergau, best for adults

This hotel is geared more for adults; while our children were welcome there were no activities whatsoever for them (spa area is adults only, for example) and we felt uncomfortable having them with us at dinner surrounded by only older couples. There is distinct smell of smoke in the common areas of the hotel, but not in the rooms. For English-speakers, the information provided is only via a book in the room but there are many omissions (especially for us around the holiday) and so we often felt we didn't understand or missed out on dining/activities, but the staff was always helpful when we did inquire.

This family run hotel was very cozy, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was a good continental style breakfast provided with the room reservation. Lovely sun-room on which to enjoy breakfast in the winter. Great location with lots of activities and cafes/restaurants nearby.

Good and will book again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The additional expense was a surprise on my receipt. It is listed as additional expenses. Since I paid for 8 of them for 4 nights I must believe it was for the WIFI which I thought was free. That was 84 Euro I did not plan on spending.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The room was really nice, the bed was very comfortable and...
    • Comfort Double Room

I'm assuming she was the owner or manager, but she was not so friendly. The conference brought over 470 personnel to the area, and nearly every room area was booked by our attendees. A colleague who was staying at a neighboring hotel came to Landmeier to carpool with his colleagues. While waiting for them in the breakfast area and going over documents, the owner asked him if he would like some coffee. He told her, "No thank you. I'm not staying and just waiting on my colleagues." She immediately told him he had to leave and that he was not allowed to sit in there. Terrible attitude! Thursday morning, there were at least 5 of us waiting to check-out, but no one was at the reception desk. The cook called her at least 4 times, the first being at 07:00. She told him she'll be there in 15 min. We waited for over 30 minutes and she never showed up. We had a meeting to attend, so we had to leave, and come back to the hotel to pay prior to leaving the area.

The room was really nice, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. There were at least 6 covered carports in the rear of my building. This was great considering the weather in the area.

Nice little hotel, this is my 3rd stay and I'd go back.

I've stayed at the Feldmeir 3 times now. This was a leisure trip with my Mom. Hotel is small, staff are gracious. Breakfast is good, typical European breakfast. Short walk to Oberammergau center.

Great room, location, and rare for a comfortable stay in Oberammergau!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Close to the center of town, walking distance to the NATO school, the family room had s great loft for my son to sleep and hang out, nice size room. They have a restaurant on the property but it wasn't open because we were the only guests. That would have been nice to use but there were many options in town that were a short walk.

Never again

Owner and Staff barely speak English.I had to leave 4 days earlier due to a very serious family emergency and in the morning the owner wasn't there so impossibile to check out. I spoke to her at the phone and she sound bothered and said that was 1 day before check-in...like I can plan a family emergency!!! I had to wait for her 2 hours ( good that there was no plane available until evening)and when she arrived was unfriendly and act bothered ...barely answer my questions. I will never come back and i will advise all my friends and colleagues to about it!

Position and privacy of the hotel.

We enjoyed our top floor room with sofa, chair & balcony. They have 3 houses so pick carefully!
    • Comfort Double Room

Did not like the grumpy Front desk lady, who was the owner, & operator at night. I asked for 3 days for extra pillowcases for the 2 extra mini-sized pillows and never got them, until I found some in the bureau in the hallway. The pillows where down, but so old they were flat and need replacement! Our room was a bit pricey for such a small town, at $500 in Euros for 4 nights. Our friends payed $2600. with a one week package deal which was a total rip-off. They had supper, and the trip to the airport included, but had to pay extra for transportation to all the hikes and places of interest listed on their daily planner!!!!! They used Headwater, from Cheshire,UK, using a South Carolina contact. Never again. The motel did not serve dinner on Tuesday night so they sent us to the Bold down the street, which was fine, but charged us twice as much as the cost of our $43 tab which we paid at the Bold and they double billed on our room bill. It will be a hassle to get fixed with German speakers.

Eggs were good, real eggs, not reconstituted. Loved our balcony looking up at the mountain peak. Had to climb up 2 flights of steps to get to our top floor room. Bathroom was bright with a big skylight. In room minibar prices were reasonable.

Beautiful hotel within walking distance of town

Nothing to dislike

A lovely family run hotel within a short distance walk of the delightful picturesque town. The hotel was immaculate, staff spoke in English as well as German and were very helpful with our questions about the area. I would rate the hotel well above the 3 Star Superior rating as everything you need for a comfortable rest is all there, Immaculate cleaned rooms and vicinity, comfortable beds, varied continental breakfast and evening meal, if required. Would definitely stay again.

The best hotel for families in Oberammergau

The breakfast is quite good, but it could be improved upon.

This hotel nears perfection if you travel as a family with small children. It's very clean and comfortable, and it's close to the "Red Riding Hood" and "Hansel and Gretel" houses. It's also close to the centre of the town. We had rooms on the ground floor, which was a delight to my nephew, who could play soccer on the grass in the enclosed garden outside our rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, as it's perfect for couples, or singles as well. I stayed in 10 hotels during my holidays (3 or 4 stars), and this has been my favourite hotel.

Cute and cozy!

Unfortunately the downstairs smelled of old smoke. There was also no A/C and no fan. It was so hot! Thank goodness we had bought a fan.

It was pretty and quaint. Staff was super helpful. Breakfast was yummy. There is an updated bathroom and it was very nicely decorated. Plenty of room for this couple!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

First class with 3 Stars

First Class for three star value. I particularly enjoyed the freshly refurbished room and the sauna area. Standard, steam, and infrared sauna served to chill. The food is excellent and I do recommend enjoying the place!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Avoid.
    • Comfort Double Room

The owner was unwilling to accommodate a change in schedule and charged the full amount of the stay (less breakfast) It's clear why this is #21/25. I'll explain. First the good. It's relatively clean. The lady who does the breakfast in the morning is incredible - Super nice. The breakfast is pretty good. Now, the bad: my business plans changed and I needed to depart early. The owner, Mrs Feldmeier, insisted that we pay the full amount for the full duration (an additional two days). She did relent to an 80% reduction (which was the cost of the breakfast we wouldn't have eaten anyway). She blamed it on a contract with the company we booked the hotel with. However we called the third party company and they said that it was entirely up to the owners to not charge us. The third party company called the owner on our behalf and still, she insisted on charging the full amount. I normally wouldn't leave a review for a mediocre place, but after this kind of experience all of the other shortcomings are even more glaring: - the towels have holes in them. -The hallways and restaurant smells horribly of cigarette smoke as the owner smokes in her living quarters, but it unfortunately invades all of the common spaces - the bath tub water is very brown, I assume it's the quality of the well. - everything is very dated (last remodel was probably the early '80s) - the restaurant food was not particularly good and very overpriced. We were literally the only guests for most of our stay. Now, we know why.

The lady who did the breakfast in the morning was wonderful!!

Great to visit, makes sense to comeback one day

Internet was proposed for extra money. As of Booking.com guests we were provided with free internet for 1 device per room only, which is somewhat we did not count on. That would be also great to have a tea kettle in a room.

Good location, comfortable rooms, healthy breakfast, friendly staff. Definitely makes sense to comeback.

Good New Year's Break

Everything excellent.

Quality of room and bathroom including lots of electrical sockets. Very quiet and appreciated the mini kitchen. Substantial breakfast and very welcoming staff. Plenty of easy access parking.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Hard beds.

Hard beds. Rude manager.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Fantastic room.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff was weak on English.

Fantastic room. Great experience. So awesome.

Good Stay in Oberammergau.

The parking space is quite full. I have to park at another building. Overall is good.

Room is nice. The food was very delicious.

Nice hotel and good restaurant

Nice hotel and good restaurant

The room was comfortable, the staff were excellent and the location was close to the center of town.

The room was clean, beds comfortable, location close to the older part of the City and the staff were excellent.

Near the most important attractions

Near the most important attractions

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Some days had no hot water.

Some days had no hot water.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Perfect place for NATO students!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nice landhaus! Excellent breakfast! 10 minutes by foot from the NATO School!

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

The woman that owns the hotel and checks you in, is...

The woman that owns the hotel and checks you in, is downright rude. She let another family stay in the family room that we had booked and didn't even attempt to contact us about switching the rooms. Which mattered-in terms of space and sleeping arrangements with young children. She showed me to the new film room and then left. I went back to the front desk and explained I had booked the family room-only then, AFTER I pointed out we were in the wrong room, did she explain anything. Finally she agreed to a new price since we weren't even getting what she was charging us! The worst part was we stayed in this hotel last summer and had a better experience. I have since read more reviews about how rude the owners are. It's a clean place to stay and that's it. Even the breakfast has gone down in quality and quantity and you have to ask for anything to be refilled (empty yogurt bowls, cheese and meats). And when you ask, it's like you are putting her out instead of doing her job. The lady who helps out with the breakfast (can't recall her name-dark hair), is very nice and friendly. Save your money and find somewhere with people who want you there.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2016

There were no redeeming qualities about this hotel.

I'll start by saying I've never felt the need to write a poor review for a hotel but since this was the worst experience I've ever had in one I thought I should. After a cold shower the first morning I asked the manager if there was something wrong with the heat. She said there was not and that I just needed to wait after 6am to take a shower. Tried again at 7am the next morning and it was still cold. No effort made to fix this. Throughout my stay the manager was consistently rude to me and other guests. She was always aggressive when anyone asked her for anything and in summary was the opposite of accomodating. It didn't help that she constantly fought with her young son in front of guests, sometimes yelling. The breakfast left much to be desired and was left out overnight and reused the next morning. The awful experience culminated when I tried to check out in the morning and the manager started literally yelling at me that I was supposed to have paid my bills the night before. I told her I didn't know that and that she could have told me so the night before when I saw her, knowing that I was leaving the next day. I asked around to other people who were staying at different locations and they said they had not been asked to check out the night before. Overall just a terrible experience and it is definitely not worth it to stay here when there are so many more cheaper and better options in the area. Trust me.

There were no redeeming qualities about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

Very spacious single room.

Nothing not to like really. It is a 15min walk from the station....but still so close to the shops and restaurants of the centre of town that that doesn't matter so much.

Very spacious single room. Clean and comfortable. Good breakfast. Great spa downstairs, although we unfortunately did not have time to use it. Incredibly kind staff who really helped us out when our cross-country ski race was cancelled. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

Very well designed, clean, comfortable and modern hotel -...

Nothing ...... loved it all.

Very well designed, clean, comfortable and modern hotel - with a cozy atmosphere and very helpful and friendly owner and staff. Actually like living in a home.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2015

The location and the small yard available for our two dogs

The morning staff personnel ignored that I was trying to check out, and continued to have a conversation about simple gossip, until I asked to be assisted with being checked out.

The location and the small yard available for our two dogs

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

All rooms are large, clean, and have big closets with lots...

All rooms are large, clean, and have big closets with lots of hangers for business clothes. I've stayed here three times now and as long as I have to work in Oberammergau I will continue to use this hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Location was good.

We were initially given a very comfortable room, but then relocated to the older section and less comfortable room because of our dog. The breakfast buffet was terrible.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

The hotel was a decent value for what you received.

There are rooms on the first floor, and as a single traveler, I wasn't entirely comfortable leaving the door open to get air (no AC) in the room. Furnishings are outdated, pillows are practically non-existent. The hotel is completely out of the downtown area and is along a major road, so there is traffic constantly/all night.

The hotel was a decent value for what you received.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2015

Staff was very friendly and always helpful.

Staff was very friendly and always helpful. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. The spa area was excellent. As mentioned in other reviews, breakfast wasn't as large as some places we've stayed but it was more than sufficient. Would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2015

I Only have good things to say about the cleaning ladies...

Reception lady/owner was the worst customer service I have ever experienced. She lied to us about the facilities of the hotel. She yelled at me when I asked about details concerning our stay. I do not like how she treated her staff. Abusive. I also woke up with a terrible back ache from the beds - poor quality mattress.

I Only have good things to say about the cleaning ladies that worked for the hotel. If you want a good experience go to Pension house just a block down the street.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Need a new matttress

Need a new matttress

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

Spa was AMAZING

we loved it, it even had parking at no extra cost!!!

Spa was AMAZING

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

Quiet

Quiet Nice beds Lovely small town Nice convenient free parking at the premises

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

Very nice room, standard breakfast, good location

Not all deluxe rooms have kitchenettes or other amenities listed

Very nice room, standard breakfast, good location

• Reviewed: 21 August 2015

It was very hot and no fans or other means of cooling off...

It was very hot and no fans or other means of cooling off were provided.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

Some areas not very clean, breakfast not good.

Some areas not very clean, breakfast not good.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2015

Excellent place to visit for a special Christmas.

A bit of confusion over prices for Christmas menus but food really good

Excellent place to visit for a special Christmas.

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.