Reviews of Hotel Oranien Wiesbaden This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Platter Str. 2, 65193 Wiesbaden, Germany

#3 of 48 hotels in Wiesbaden

• Comfort Double Room

Tea or coffee service in the room would be nice in the room.

We were treated very well by the staff, especially when we asked for a specific room. The beds are always so comfortable here and the rooms clean. The parking is safe and convenient. This is a lovely hotel.

We had a early check in at 11:00 am , there are coffee power and Boil kettle in the room, so , we had coffee. And then we take our room hot coffee and took a small tour in this hotel. I saw a coffee machine on the Ground floor, I ask the employee if I can use it or not, she said "yes", and I press a Latte, then when I pass by the reception, they say it charge 2.? Euro, I say, that's Ok. Because I really like the hotel. I was in very good mood at that time. But when I check out, they want to charge me 4 cups of coffee. I am mad with that. After a little argue, They don't charge me anything about coffee. That's the only bad feeling about the hotel, the rest are pretty good. the the price of the hotel are really reasonable.

Our Corner room with three big windows, that is so satisfied, and the room is the biggest one on the same floor, therefore we decided to cancel tomorrow hotel in KOLN , Germany, and add another night. They recommend and book a very nice restaurant for me, and change the reservation time twice. very good service. And I asked many questions, they tell me really carefully. It's really nice.

I wish I could have stayed longer!

The staff was very welcoming and our room was perfectly clean and made up each day. They all went above and beyond my expectation.

We got a room by a busy street. Next time we will ask for a quieter room further inside the hotel.

Comfortable bed and a very friendly staff who quickly checked us in and attended to the business of getting us settled. The mini-bar was nice and not over-priced for the area.

• Comfort Double Room

The bathroom was a bit small and the shower sprayed all over the toilette and floor. The towels are very thin.

This is our second time staying at this hotel and it didn't disappoint. Both times we stayed here have been very comfortable. The rooms are clean and have everything needed for a nice stay. The staff is always kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Honestly I have no dislikes.

I liked the considerate and helpful staff, the resturant ambiance and the large comfortable room. Location is great for Wiesbaden town centre and the fabulous Christmas market.

There are two types of rooms, renovated and non-renovated. This was not clear from the booking information. We ended up in a non-renovated room. Luckily another reservationwas cancelled, so we got transferred to a renovated pne.

Great service at front desk. They managed to get us a booking in a fabulous local restaurant and gave great recommendations for late sunday breakfast.

• Comfort Double Room

They need to put a stopper on the back of the toilet seat as it bangs loudly against the tiled wall when you open it.

Unbelievably nice hotel at a good rate (I might have gotten lucky). It is very new and very modern. Really comfortable beds and the cloud pillows which I like but are not to everyone's taste. Breakfast was excellent. Reception staff were fats and friendly. Check out in a business business hotel and it was instant!

They set all aircon to heating mode. I like it cold. They should leave it to customer to decide

Close to the center 5 min. Big rooms clean comfortable. Secobd time in the property

Exceptional staff, Phillipe in particular was very extremely helpful. Spacious bright bedroom and bathroom, both spotless. Quiet central location. Highly recommend.

The unreliable WiFi.

There was a problem with the WiFi which caused a bit of difficulty in gaining access to emails etc. However the staff did everything possible to alleviate this problem even to the point of lending me their own laptop to download my emails which was very kind of them. The hotel's decoration is quite grand but in a slightly out-dated fashion which is quite charming. Everything was done very well and we enjoyed our visit to this stunningly beautiful town, particularly the 2 day festival which ran the weekend we were there. We were very fortunate to be there at that time with so much to see, do and enjoy.

I tried my best to try and find some point/thing that I did not like,but after all efforts just could not lay finger on anything perticular

The room was excellent and the entire staff as well as the management was just excellent .They were not only very helpfull,couteous and well mannered,but also went out of their way to make us feel at home

• Comfort Double Room

Excellent hotel within 5 min stroll to the old town. Large room with great bed. Wifi was good. Secure outside parking on site. Great terrace for drinks/meals in a great garden.

• Comfort Double Room

Restaurant service in the evening of the 18 Aug. was third rate. I left without ordering a meal. It is for that reason that I have rated the staff as only average. I stayed in the hotel at the same time in 2016 and on that occasion the service and the food were exceptionally good.

Its a good quality and very comfortable hotel offering good value for money.

• Comfort Double Room

Parking could be cheaper or even free for the hotel guests.

Nice hotel, classic style and well located. The staff is very friendly, and everything went great. Nice restaurant and building.

The breakfast was only mediocre. In Europe, we're used to a little more variety. We had to ask for a table to be cleaned for us in order to sit down. The price of breakfast was a little high for was was offered. The bed was too hard for our taste. The WiFi was spotty and difficult to use. This could certainly use an upgrade.

The Oranien is in a good location in Wiesbaden, convenient to walk to the pedestrian zones which has lots of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. Parking was secure and easy to use. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is very clean and the bar/restaurant were very convenient. This is a very nice place - especially if you are traveling with a pet.

Only that we couldn't stay longer!!

My husband and I were extremely satisfied with this hotel, and have already started to highly recommend it to our friends. We considered it a real find and excellent value. The terrace at the back, for breakfast, or just to relax on, is a wonderful added bonus, an oasis in an urban setting. Also, we were able to leave our car at the hotel, and walk easily to places we wanted to see or eat. All in all, 5 stars....truly!!

An old and formal hotel where the staff made us feel that we were not up to the standard of the regular guests, they were not very friendly.

Location is good, room was large and comfortable. Car parking was easy.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Easy to find (for someone who does not know Wiesbaden yet). External parking. Close to the center of the city (ten-minute walk). Pleased to find in the Hotel Oration Wiesbaden what we had expected.

Just a little bit remote and a very hilly walk back to the Hotel

The property had the look and feel of an old style Hotel with everything in good condition.

Great location - lovely outside terrace in gardens where we enjoyed a very nice glass of wine. Lovely historic centre perfect for a couple of hours stroll

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Pay parking...really?

Very clean facilities and large, comfortable, quiet rooms. Friendly and accommodating staff. Good location, good value for the price.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

This hotel FAR EXCEEDED my expectations. This is only a travel tip and NOT a dislike. You will need to bring your own hair conditioner, or buy it at one of the nearby shops in town within walking distance. It's the only item not available, but I believe it might be common in Germany. Also, you can only buy headache medication in a local pharmacy so you may want to bring your own. Germany does not sell "Tylenol, Motrin" in any stores other than a pharmacy. Hope this helps you pack for your trip!

Breakfast is worth the price. Location is walking distance to everything. We came for child's DoD sports and was within two blocks of Achat and lots of excellent authentic restaurants. Best staff ever! They are very attentive and also speak excellent English. VERY accommodating. Best hotel stay I've had in a long time and if I had a reason to go back to Wiesbaden there is no place else I would ever stay. There is also a grocery store within eyeshot of the hotel. Soft beds. Excellent down pillows and comforter. Hotel has bar and restaurant available all day until around 11pm. They also offer room service if you like. Beautiful hotel. Scale of 1-10, I'd give them an 11!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The whole restaurant in the hotel was booked and we couldn't have a dinner in the hotel. As we visited it in the winter, and we were with a child, it was not very nice to go outside in the night to look for a restaurant to have dinner. Also it is really not nice to have to pay extra for the breakfast- it should be included in the price of the room(considering the prices per night).

The hotel was very nice with great location. The room was clean, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was excellent!

• Comfort Single Room

Staff was excellent and didn't mind that I only speak English. The location was was superb and close to restaurants and activities to keep my e entertained.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

There was nothing to dislike

Very friendly and efficient staff Excellent evening meal in the restaurant. Decent sized recently refurbished bedroom and bathroom with large comfortable bed. Close to city centre

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Lovely hotel , food outstanding and the terrace for drinks charming . All very clean and as we arrived early by motorcycle they let us store our luggage and get changed , even though our room was not ready and provided us with a town map so we could explore by foot whilst waiting.

Clean and close proximity to the downtown area

Lidle Bathroom ...

Distanz to city

Beautiful old-fashioned ambiente Generous breakfast 2 min walk to town center

Location and size of the room and parking and the quality of sleep

The room was large and well appointed; it exceeded our expectations based on our experience traveling through Europe.

Poor wife

Bathroom rain shower was not working properly. Room 308.

Ample parking, very nice hotel restaurant.

Restaurant was closed due to an event.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Room could use some updating.

Staff at check out was very courteous and helpful!

Quality of service and comfort

Very friendly hotel, a great stay!

Location charm staff 24 hour reception

breakfast could have been complimentary

breakfast

Location, Location, location and excellent hotel and staff.

• Comfort Double Room

Everything. We enjoyed every moment!

• Comfort Double Room

Location- wunderbar. Bed- wunderbar. Fruhstuck- wunderbar. Shower- wunderbar. A/C- wunderbar.

Localization. Breakfast

Extremely clean, excellent staff, very good food

• Comfort Double Room

Breakfast was well appointed and fresh.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

It was a little expensive.

All of the food in the buffet was very good.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The staff was fantastic, the room was large, clean, comfortable, and modern, and the restaurant (dinner) was very good.

Clean, nice and quiet. Good location

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Got upgraded to Superior Residence at no extra cost👍

• Comfort Double Room

Quiet, good comfort, yet unspectacular.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Location and the nostalgic style

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

It was a little cold in the room unlike last year. Last year was in the summer though.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Only one English language cable channel.

Great location and friendly staff. Comfortable room. Excellent bathroom.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Staff

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

The town was so so.

The best place we have stayed in Germany!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

No complaints

Very pleasant hotel. Amazingly helpful staff who solved any and every query. Beautiful food. We were very pleased to stay here.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The air conditioning was greatly appreciated, and the staff were incredibly helpful!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Photos give the impression of extensive grounds when in reality it is fairly limited.

Staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable. Great food.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Wi-Fi was a pain as needed several codes and frequent re-entry.

Hotel gave us a huge room. Drinks on terrace.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Warmer weather!!!

Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Cannot think of anything.

We found this hotel to be beyond our expectations. It was extremely comfortable and the staff were exceptional. The food was also very good. We would love to return.

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

Shower head would only limply tilt; could not adjust it to have water fall like a normal shower.

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Food was delicious. Great amount of hot water for showering. Easy walking distance to great shops.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

Room was minimized! Bathroom was so small, even you can not move around in the bathroom, you should be very flexible to do things! Room furnitures were very old, and needs fix/repair, I've never seen that with this price level, there were not complimentary water. The free internet was extremely slow, even I could not use because of waiting so much, the breakfast was so weak, we were surprised with the breakfast.

The location was aweful, also the back yard was very nice and green...very close to the city center and to the restarurants and coffee's..

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Excellent place to stay when visiting the fair in Frankfurt (if you travel by car). Only 30 min drive but therefor you get a FAIR price and excellent accommodation. The restaurant was very good and also the staff was very professional and nice. Parking was also available!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

Parking should be free

Good size room, good working airco, good bed and pillows, wifi ok, geeat breakfast with a decent espresso when asked, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

The desk clerk who checked us in was very helpful and courteous. He provided information about the Christmas market and restaurants. Please thank him for us.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

Breakfast at the restaurant was fantastic but the dinner menu and quality of our meal was average.

Great staff, great location. Hotel was clean and very charming.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

The hotel is beautiful throughout, perfect central location and the staff are outstanding. Our rooms were all excellent, comfortable and clean. The breakfast choices were superb and the bar was comfortable and the staff there were friendly and we all enjoyed ourselves.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

Great staff, very helpful. Good quality and size of room, everything you need. Quite central location, parking lot next to the hotel. Close to the center. Excellent!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

The staff were very welcoming and helpful. After twenty hours of traveling they more than gladly allowed us to check in to our room hours early and helped us acclimate to the city. The room, hotel, restaurant are all tops. The breakfast sumptuous and plentiful.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

Struggling to think...if there is anything it would be the 10euro cost of the hotel car park..

Everything. From booking in to leaving we enjoyed every moment!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

No bad experience.

We arrived very late in the day and really appreciated everything about this hotel. The staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. The room was spotless, larger than expected and very comfortable. We ordered room service which was very good and the staff were again helpful and efficient. The breakfast the next morning was excellent with a good choice and again the staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall, we had a very enjoyable stay and will definitely stay again when in Wiesbaden.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

From the time we walked into the hotel, we were made to feel extremely welcome. The staff was amazing and incredibly helpful. Added to this, the location was just perfect for walking into town, yet it was secluded and quiet enough to enjoy a peaceful meal or drink in the beautifully kept gardens.

There are also 52 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Oranien Wiesbaden traveller photo gallery