Reviews of Park Hyatt Hamburg This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Bugenhagenstr. 8, Hamburg Altstadt, 20095 Hamburg, Germany

#6 of 339 hotels in Hamburg

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Luxury in the center of Hamburg

I would like the staff to tidy up the room before nighttime/prepare for night.

My all time favorite hotel in the world. And I have been a few places! ;-)Spacious rooms and fantastic breakfast. The location is also excellent.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Top location in Hamburg.
    • Queen Room

A bit weird with the reception on the upper floor.

Top location in Hamburg. Very close to Central Station and shopping. Big elegant rooms. Clean with all amenities.

Great location, good hotel

Only minor things such as the steps to walk up to the lifts on the reception floor

Very good transport links, on great shopping street with many cafes and restaurants, very comfortable, great staff

Old-fashioned, 50s-style hotel

The corridor and the room were a little bit smelly but nothing critical. There is a visible lack of power sockets in the room to charge the gadgets. The armchair in the room was also not very comfortable.

Old-style classic hotel, not very modern (the last renovation was some 20 years ago I guess) but quite cosy and nice. Very professional and welcoming staff (as you would expect from a 5-star hotel).

Good location, friendly and helpful hotel crew, large rooms
    • Deluxe Double Beds

Rooms are old-style, electiricty system is not functional all the time, sliding wardrope is not user friendly

Good location, friendly and helpful hotel crew, large rooms

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Convenience and comfrot

The hotel have a problem in using the definition of how many persons can use the room. They have a strange rule of 3 people only can use the room. Even if you have a baby that sleep on a crip they will consider him/her a person. Hence, if you have two kids even one of them is a baby you have to book two rooms! otherwise you can not evacuate if fire happen! Do not laugh because this true. This is the second time I checked in to this hotel and they were always miscounting the number of my family members and gave me 10 min delay negotiation.

- The room facilities. - The location. - The cleanliness. - Very good restaurant. - Nice staff. - TV channels. - Valet parking. - No. of staff: you always have somebody that can help you. I was using a car and in one day I could not reach the hotel because of road blocking for bicycle festival. I called the hotel and I told them my location and someone came and helped me to get to the hotel.

A spacious, airy hotel with excellent facilities.
    • Queen Room

Evening dinner menu selective. Could do with more choice. Bed a bit hard. Air condition stayed on all night & unsure how to switch off. I guess I could have phoned down to reception. There may have been instructions somewhere. Lifts are used by swiping card first & press numbers. Not a big deal but reception should offer & save embarrassment. I even had to ask what floor. So more simple information & not assume everyone knows. Hotels differ. The simple things. You have to ask for simple things. I think they assume, everyone is used to these up market hotels.

It provided all toiletries. The buffet breakfast was excellent. Location ideal. Staff Polite.

well worth 5 stars!
    • Queen Room

The 3rd floor which we stayed on smells musty of old carpet.

I love the location of this hotel close to the Alster and shopping possibilties, when in Hamburg I always stay in this hotel with very friendly and helpful staff.

Everything was superb from the location, staff, decor,...
    • Queen Room

Everything was superb from the location, staff, decor, facilities. We were given a room upgrade on early arrival and staff recommended a great restaurant for dinner. Would definitely go back there!

Good hardware bad software!!
    • Junior King Suite

Staff were rude, room not ready on time, wake up call 20 mins late and when I asked to make a reservation they told me do it yourself and put me direct to the restaurant...

A Place in the heart of the city
    • Queen Room

Most rooms has no view, but It doesn't matter as long as you are looking to good location in the city center.

Facilities, staff & location (very close to everywhere, fountain, shopping, restaurants and cafe )

The room service was great.
    • Junior King Suite

The room had a weird smell. Maybe it's because it had all wood interior decoration & furniture.

The room service was great. Staff super friendly.

Great breakfast
    • Queen Room

The hotel are not allowing children in the pool at evening and morning. This is annoying to when I specifically searched for hotels with pool. There needs to be warnings on your website that children are not always welcomed!

Great breakfast

perfect,clean,the reception is professional,she can explain...
    • Junior King Suite

perfect,clean,the reception is professional,she can explain everything,the front desk is good,the waiters fast.the hotel is near the restaurant and boutique...hyatt always good in everywhere.

A great experience
    • King Room - Club Access

Nothing to complain about

Excellent location, central and close to the central station, shops and resteraunts. The room was large and had everything I needed. The reservation included access to the club lounge which was a great addition (soft drinks during the day and snacks and wine in the early evening)

Excellent hotel located within a historical shopping arcade - fantastic for short stay

We opted not to breakfast in this hotel on this trip. We found the breakfast menu or buffet very limited.

excellent location and nice fluffy king size bed, that is a bonus. Nice shower area and bathtub. Compliment to the housekeeping crew as the room was kept very nice and neat throughout our stay

Well appointed quality hotel in perfect location.

Excellent concierges ...when our plans changed due to train cancellations the assistance provided was amazing. Overall all the staff were very helpful and friendly. Restaurant was very good as well. Quality hotel in a perfect location, 5 minutes walk to Central Station.

Can't wait to stay again!
    • Queen Room

The whole hotel was simply amazing! I came for a Metalcore concert, so not really the most relaxing thing but I've never felt more relaxed in my life probably! The Spa area is also amazing! Beds are super comfy and the bathroom is every girls dream! Room service is fast and delicious! My best friend and me are already planning a wellness weekend there in the future!

Great hotel in city center
    • Queen Room

Property is in the center of the city with a small and exclusive shopping mall attached to it. Very nice staff and very comfortable beds. Very quiet room.....we enjoyed our stay a lot and can only recommend it!

Great hotel
    • Queen Room

We waited almost 30 miutes to receive our car, and the staff told the car would would be there in around 10 minutes - We dont know, but another couple came after us, and they recieved their car after around the 10 minutes, we were promised

Great hotel

worth every penny.

Nothing. It's all great. Just a shame I was unable to stay longer!

Location is excellent, walking distance to the central train station and city centre. Staff helpful. Room very comfortable and clean with everything you need. Love the spa area.

Everything you need is here

The cost of parking does not appear on the booking site; it should have. Our room faced the back street, which made the room price a bit spicy. We would have liked to have more than two coffee capsules in the room.

Good bed, nice bathroom. The complimentary products are from l’occitane, which we liked. Nice location close to the harbour, the Kunsthalle and the city center. There are many nice spots to eat at close by, also burgers or breakfast. Good umbrella! It’s a big place and full of guests, but nice and quiet inside the room.

nicely decorated for Xmas and good facilities
    • Queen Room

Staff at Afternoon tea very slow, although booking we had to wait more than 30 minutes for tea to arrive, staff not very proactive . Had better Hyatt days. No toothbrush in room- why do I have to ring first instead of putting it right away into room. Long wait at check in- the hotel seemed to have not enough staff

nicely decorated for Xmas and good facilities Concierge downstairs very helpful

Best location , service unworthy the money
    • Queen Room

This hotel should be 4 stars almost 5 Unfortunately does not provide promising services, the room was too simple ,the breakfast should serve more international food , the coffee was cold most of the time but the cleaning was the worst part , the sheets wasn't changed daily neither towels

I like the location

Warm reception, great room and bed, fantastic spa, awesome time!
    • Queen Room

There is absolutely nothing negative to say about our stay

The room was very inviting, the spa-facilities amazing, the staff friendly and helpful, ... we had an awesome time!!!

Proffessional hotel staff, comfortable and clean facilities, centrally located.
    • Queen Room

My only complaint was the speed of the internet connection. It was poorer than I expected in a hotel of this quality. Since I had to work at the hotel, it affected my work. A faster internet connection would be highly appreciated.

I really liked my stay at the Park Hyatt Hamburg. I will definitely book there next time I travel to Hamburg.

We had to wait 20 min each morning to get a table for...

We had to wait 20 min each morning to get a table for breakfast, having our 1 year old baby crying and being impatient to eat, which is absolutely normal. The valet didn’t bring our car even after 35 min, although they said in max 15 min you get your car in front of the hotel. One day we couldn’t use the elevators and we had to take the stairs to the 5th floor, holding our doughter in arms.

Large, comfortable room.

The wine selection in the bar is pretty poor for such a classy hotel. I don't really want to be limited to drinking mass-produced supermarket wines.

Large, comfortable room. Excellent gym and pool. Really nice staff.

Hotel was nice, staff were relatively nice.
    • Queen Room

Front desk acted as if we should not be staying in the hotel, generally we find this as a younger couple. The staff were generally difficult to find, the passages are old and smell like 70's and 80's smoking rooms. Generally the hotel had a dilapidated feel to it, not a high end feel you get in some of the better maintained Hyatts. If you go to Hamburg better to stay at another hotel in a similar price point.

Hotel was nice, staff were relatively nice. Hotel was generally clean. One gentleman at the front door was extremely helpful with taxis and recommending some of the best restaurants (We had already booked luckily) in the city.

very good - I will be back with my wife and family D.G.
    • Queen Room

The hotel could do with some imagery, quotations from German literati or paintings and locally manufactured items to set off the hotel or distinguish it in some unique way

All excellent- the staff, the food, the accommodation and the location. The leisure facilities were also very good and again the staff excellent

Great location, great service, beautiful pool, comfortable rooms
    • Queen Room

The staff were friendly and helpful, in particular the concierges. We had dinner in the bar a couple of nights - the food was good, a nice range of drinks and the waiter on both occasions was very pleasant. The range of food at the breakfast buffet was unbelievable - I've never seen anything like that range of amazing quality foods. The location was really good - close to great shopping, only a 5-10 minute walk to the Speicherstadt and walking distance to the Elbphilharmonie

The hotel was nice but is not on the level of a 5 star hotel
    • Deluxe Double Beds

Room indication unreadable Glass in the bathroom very dangerous and not adequalitly segnalized Towels not at the level of a 5 star hotel The bath tub is slippery The service in the bar was friendly and helpfull but the staff is not trained adequaltly for 5 star hotel

The kindness and professionality of the staff. Very wide rooms

Superior location.

If takes 20-30 mins to get your eggs for breakfast ready, by the time it is ready, you are already done with your breakfast and dont want it anymore. Most long egg cooking hotel I have been to. The rates are not friendly when extended at the reception, the more you extend the less friendly the rates get.

Superior location. Very helpful staff, especially downstairs, I would not be able to handle all our luggage without their help. Nice interior, heated floor (only one room). Kids approved the food they got from kids menu, which is usually tricky.

Thought this was an excellent hotel with excellent and courteous staff who went out of their ways .

The problem was that I made the reservation and the room was basically set up for 1 person (i.e. there was 1 robe; 2 towels, etc. It wasn't a big deal since neither my husband nor I use robes and 2 towels were plenty but it was clear that 2 people checked in. Perhaps I should have brought it to their attention (I did so at check-out) but you would think they would have figured it out.

Breakfast was fine. What we expected. Most breakfasts in the German hotels we stayed were excellent. However, I think that the price was way too high for a breakfast - 34 euros per person? Not really necessary is it?

A superb room, very spacious with excellent facilities.
    • Deluxe Double Beds

A superb room, very spacious with excellent facilities. Very close to Hamburg station and to the city centre. The cost might seem high but the excellence of the accommodation justifies this. Despite being in the city centre, the room was very quiet.

The room was on the lower floor and it was too noisy as everything happening on the road we could hear and it disturbed our sleeping in the morning.

The location of the hotel is super and the facilities are great

Everything was perfect except one
    • Queen Room

One thing is the towel was not in a very good condition. A curlly hair was deeply rooted in towel two days in a row. It was a disgusting experience. I never experienced this kind of thing even when stayed in cheaper Brand hotel. This hotel is "Park Hyatt", the most luxurious and expensive Brand of Hyatt. This should not happen in this level of hotel. The good impression on Park Hyatt was a little bit impaired because of this.

Room was spacious, clean and well organized. Bathroom was very nice. Except one thing. The Sauna was very good to use. Reception desk and concierge was very helpful.

Highly recommended for business travelers!

I was happy with everything!

The staff was both helpful and friendly, and went out of their way to make sure I knew everything about the surrounding area. I needed to do some film editing in my room, which was equipped with a big desk and all of the connections and power outlets I needed. The room was very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. Coffee was great and I had a great view of the city. Great WiFi connection too. I would highly recommend this to anyone travelling to Hamburg on business. It was a great value for the money!!

A true five-star experience

nothing!

Classy, yet understated elegance. The staff was fantastic – – very responsive. The rooms were big, clean and well kept. It's adjacent to a shopping area That has many places for food without having to go out and look for them. It was a great place to stay in Hamburg! I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Fantastic overall
    • Queen Room

reception desk staff not at their posts immediately and not as friendly as I thought they should be--variable--a couple of them did not seem very knowledgeable; others seemed very up to par--variable

bed like a cloud and lovely clean fresh aroma linen; housekeeping wonderful and cheerful; Club Olympus fantastic;

The person at the reception desk made a big confusion at my...

The person at the reception desk made a big confusion at my check in. She could not find my reservation, so I was given a room as if I had not made a reservation, and they kept the same rate. So far, so good. However, after checking out, I noticed I have been charged twice, one for the room I actually stayed, and other for a no show in the original reservation. To make a long story short, I have two surnames, and the reservation was in the name of one of them, which is not the last one and the one I informed at the reception. But I gave my passport, and she should be clever enough to check both. It took me several calls to the hotel and to Booking to have the amount charged in excess refund. Something that cannot happen in a Hyatt.

Wonderful and wonderfully situated hotel

1. It is situated within walking distance of the main raliway station, even for us with 3 lugguages. 2. It is also conveniently situated near all the tour places, including the Rathus, the Alster See etc. 3. The Apples Restuarant's food is excellent.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Great location and rooms

We waited for service in the bar whilst the staff seemed to enjoy chatting to another couple of customers Our room service was not hot but we were given a complementary glass of wine

luxury without being ostentatious

Over the top price of breakfast. There are plenty of alternatives nearby some in the same block.

Good central location. Although the room wasn't big, the layout was good with two entrances to the bathroom containing, bath, separate show (with marble seat for more mature guests) and separate loo. Only real complaint was that the suitcase rack was in the wardrobe, but the doors were too small to access this. Pillows could be improved. Gorgeous pool, spa, fitness studio and treatment centre. We would return. The internal decoration - lots of wood was rather nice too. Cool bar - but take your fat credit card.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Wonderful hotel
    • Double Room - Club Access

Less options at breakfast mainly American only ... Spa does not have seperate jacuzi and steam room for ladies only

Staff are very friendly.. location is the best very close to shopping and train station... Spa is very nice and professional

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Hospitable Hamburg!Exc

Enjoyed everything!

I enjoyed the Club Lounge where the service was friendly and efficient and above all very personal! The staff took pride in remembering names and food and drink preferences.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Shopping weekend

It was a bit weird to have the reception in the second floor.

Location was excellent as well as the service. Our room was large and fancy. Club lounge was convenient.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Welcoming Winter Warmer

Nothing springs to mind.

Very comfortable, warm and welcoming. Rooms were spacious and well thought out. Excellent choices for breakfast and the one dinner we had was at a high level.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

A great hotel to use as a base for a short trip to Hamburg.
    • Queen Room

No real complaints about this hotel. There was nothing I did not like. However, we did not have the breakfast, which is very expensive and there are plenty of other breakfast opportunities in the vicinity.

Large, quiet room, good service, very attentive bar staff. Clean and with the deal I found, was quite reasonable value given the central location and the quality of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

F&B, staff , location, comfort, all was really perfect .

F&B, staff , location, comfort, all was really perfect . highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Location, staff, breakfast, clean, pool all are excellent...

Location, staff, breakfast, clean, pool all are excellent and fantastic.

Great rooms and location

I love this hotel. The rooms are mkdern and clean and the location is excellent

Nice food and great location
    • Queen Room

Lack of modern technology in the rooms

Very nice location

Perfect, great rooms and service and staff

Perfect, great rooms and service and staff

Great location and comfortable rooms

Great location and comfortable rooms

Greit

Nedslitt hotell

Good space in the room / suite

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very poor service for a 5 star hotel

Very poor service. Room not made up when we returned at 3pm. Ignored in the restaurant. Not anywhere near 5 star standards.

Location and the decor

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Staff excellent

The AC was not cold at all and ended up asking for a fan

Staff excellent Clean Breakfast Location

One of the bad hotels I have been to it . It worth only 3 stars, not 5
    • Double Room - Club Access

No a/c or bad air conditioner

Location WiFi

good location, clean.

Staffs could have been nicer.

good location, clean.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Very good location

Very good location

room size and comfort

room size and comfort

Excellent stay

Really nothing

The service was extraordinary the staff were very helpful

Loved the location and breakfast. Staff most helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Beds

A few more shelves in bathroom. But really not important.

Rooms large and beds comfortable

Excellence
    • Deluxe Double Beds

Excellent breakfast, very spacious and comfy room; super friendly and efficient staff.

Comfortable rooms

Pricing is in the high end in Hamburg. The hotel is popular and they know it. You pay for it.

Comfortable rooms Location Breakfast

Everything was fine thank you

Excellent without price

Thanks a lot.

Room was great

Parking and drive g directions to the property

Room was great

The best adventage is location

The best adventage is location

Nice and impressive

Nothing really

They didn't top the coffee pods up daily and the extra...
    • Park Suite King

They didn't top the coffee pods up daily and the extra bed was not very comfortable for an adult.

Location staff room cleanliness facilities
    • Queen Room

The car parking so expensive

Location staff room cleanliness facilities