2. Germany hotel reviews
  3. North Rhine-Westphalia hotel reviews
  4. Düsseldorf hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Mercure Hotel Düsseldorf Süd

Reviews of Mercure Hotel Düsseldorf Süd This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Am Schönenkamp 9, Hassels, 40599 Düsseldorf, Germany

#177 of 206 hotels in Düsseldorf

6.1

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: February 28, 2019

There were some noise in the hall I called the reception and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There were some noise in the hall I called the reception and I didn't do anything I came downstairs and let him know again after 45 minutes it happened again I complained the next morning and I didn't even get a sorry

• Reviewed: February 25, 2019

cheap motel

- location (in the middle of nowhere) - paid parking in such location it is a big mistake (u can find free parking in 10m from hotel) - Marcure brand misleads, its more like motel not hotel

cheap motel

• Reviewed: February 23, 2019

Mecure (Dusseldorf South)

The hotel is in need of abit of renovation and feels a little tired (Particularly on the hotel corridor's, communal area's etc etc). Parking charge of 10 euro's considering it's nowhere near the city centre is very poor.

Excellent value hotel located just South of Dusseldorf. Easy enough to find with lovely staff and a fantastic breakfast. Ample parking and next to a fuel station/ mini market which was rather handy.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

The room and bathroom were spacious and comfortable.

The bed linen and the shower were dirty, and the drain clogged.

The room and bathroom were spacious and comfortable. However, the bed linen and the shower were dirty, and the drain clogged.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

comfortable beds, chairs were a little dusty, but overall...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

you cant connect to wifi on the 3rd floor so we had to get a new code for another wifi everyday. not the biggest problem, but it got annoying at times. there also is no option to boil water in the room.

comfortable beds, chairs were a little dusty, but overall very clean. the staff was very nice and helpful. breakfast was good, not super fancy or anything, you get what you pay for.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

The staff were as helpful as they could be as we...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The towels were dirty and smelly. The Restaurant wasn't open because of Christmas but we weren't aware of this beforehand.

The staff were as helpful as they could be as we couldn't speak much German and they weren't fluent in English. They were helpful at giving us advice and directions to our locations. The room was clean and tidy except for the towels but then we made do instead of asking for more. The breakfast was delicious, a little expensive but worth the money. Would thoroughly recommend and would stay here again.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Awful. Staff are extremely rude. Worst hotel stay ever.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were AWFUL! At one point a receptionist swore at the children! Upon check in reception staff were rude and unapologetic about the mess they made of our booking. We booked family rooms with a double bed and extra child bed - when we arrived we were given twin rooms without a 3rd bed and they wouldn’t even provide a duvet or pillow for the 3rd person to sleep on the floor! Breakfast was awful - everything ran out early and they didn’t replace anything. Would never stay here again. Have never felt more unwelcome in a hotel! We were looked at as an inconvenience for the weekend and not treated like paying customers at all!

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Terrible

The staff were so rude. I’ve never met rider people other than the people that work here. The guy on reception even sweared at a child saying I don’t give a F*** in front of other parent too.

How clean the bathroom was

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Would never stay again!

We were told we couldn’t have dinner in the restaurant as they only had one staff member, the resultant was empty. We were told to eat at the Italian down the road which we didn’t want to do. They then said we could stay for dinner our order took over an hour to come out and was wrong! The staff were so rude! And is definitely not kid friendly! We had to pay for an extra room (€100) for the kids to play in or they were going to call the police

Breakfast was nice and the bed was comfy

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Check-in Concerns

Reception tried to charge me the rate quoted in my confirmation of booking, even though I had already paid in advance over a month previously.

The Receptionist phoned my room about 5 minutes later to say it was all sorted. That was good news.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

not disastruous, but could be much better
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The property charges 10€ per day for parking while being in the immediate vicinity of a big free parking (so we parked there the second night). This is robbery. You can park for free even across the road. We also had an unpleasant experience with drunken people beating at our door during the night. The hotel admin did not make apparently anything to stop them as they continued outside, too. The hotel advertises free coffee in the room, but when we asked for a supply, for the second night, we were told that only the first night is for free. And if we would have booked the room, two times for the two nights, would it had make a difference ? No, but free coffee would have been given twice....We were on the fourth floor and in the bathroom below they were smoking (of course not in the room, as it is prohibited). The smell was coming up through the ventilation. We notified the staff, but they did not do anything.

The property is located outside the city in a very accessible area.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

The payment process via booking.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Upon arrival in the hotel (around 3pm on 17/10) the receptionist was quite rude and I found his behaviour totally unacceptable. He asked me to check myself if the payment has been made or not. When I said that I had not paid, I asked why is it not possible to check on his system, he said he could not and demanded that I check it myself. He then asked a friend of mine in a different room to do the same. This friend had paid via Ideal and showed him proof of the payment. However, the receptionist insisted that he could not see the payment on the system and ask my friend to call booking and sort it out himself and eventually made him pay again by credit card otherwise he would not give him the room. I asked for further clarification on how the system works during the discussion. It was obvious he was not willing to listen and understand my question, got agitated and kept giving the same answer. After repeating my question four times, he eventually understood and responded to my question and told me that I talk too much!? This resulted in extra delay and negative experience during check-in. During check-out on Sunday everything was perfect and my friend got his money back and an apology. The hotel should invest in extra customer service training for new employees.

The payment process via booking.com was easy.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Good hotel for a short stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The pillows were very soft and not very comfortable for me. I didn't like that we had to pay 10 euro to park our car in the hotel parking.

We stayed there for one night. The room was basic but good. Overall, it's a decent hotel for a short stay. It's located around 10-15 minutes by car from the center.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

The reception employees were so cool with a nice smile and...

The coffee machine is not working At the restaurant, one of the servers was not cool with us.

The reception employees were so cool with a nice smile and welcome. The room well prepared.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

My stay was good experience especially when I tried to speak German with the receptionist

I don't like the fact that majority of the staff were grumpy and unhelpful especially during breakfast to help with the choices. Not too bad my stay. I love it and I will stay again.

I like the beds, they are comfy,cleaness, breakfast and the overall food is good. Some of the staff were grumpy and there was no knife and fork on my breakfast but one staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

Good stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Expensive parking. Should be free for guests. Couldn't get the coffee machine to work.

Comfy beds. Nice stop over in Dusseldorf. Easy enough to get the bus into the centre.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

That's the second time I used Mercure Hotel and I'm...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- breakfast was limited no big choice

That's the second time I used Mercure Hotel and I'm happy with the service and the facilities . -The rooms are bright and clean . -Location is easy to accesss from motorway -easy access to parking

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

Great for a one or two night stay while having bussiness or just stopping by.

As we came at night, the front desk staff was probably already little tired- so he said that the wifi is free and it was,but we should have got user and password for that (we called in the morning again and got it). Breakfast pretty simple. Overall can't say that there were something really negative- just maybe would have wished for a little more cheerful staf..

Bed was comfortable, airconditioning, quiet and lot of space for parking. Also 24-hour front desk is great as we arrived pretty late. I like the coffee machine option in the room- it was very tasty and complementary bottle of water with gummy bear on the pillow. We made our reservation maybe an hour before arrival at night and requested for extra pillows, pillows waited for us when we arrived in the room- so request was met .

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

It’s easy to get into this hotel and leave without any...

It’s easy to get into this hotel and leave without any traffic access quickly to the autostrade , other wise nothing interesting specially it’s noisy because near to the high way and looks old furniture and not four stars for sure , also they have bad Wi-Fi and if some one need speed internet should pay money , breakfast less than expectation .

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

if you look for a good priced, clean, welcoming hotel... if those are full you can stay here
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

electricity sockets half out the wall, door did not work good cause key mechanisme half attached. No decent internet and tv channels rubbish (near Belgium and netherlands and all there is: jewish tv, kurdisch tv, somali tv)... so basically there is nothing around, no decent internet and forget watching tv..... we were the only 2 people in the restaurant and it took 50 min for a hamburger... a hamburger that was more spicy sauce than anything else, so good way to hide cheap bad food

breakfast was good

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Good place apart from checkout
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They freeze money up-front and they aren't coming back to you for a week. And then at the property you pay the full price again

Convenient bike parking

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Breakfast was busy, no glasses for duce, no Boiled eggs,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was busy, no glasses for duce, no Boiled eggs, missing plats of food, water containers empty, not as good as usual, there had been a coach load of Chinese people in and they had eaten all

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

For breakfast, the choice offered.

For dinner, too long it took 2 hours to have dinner and poor choice. Also it's a pity that what is proposed on the Karte is not available.

For breakfast, the choice offered.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

4 star hotel with no internet.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Internet not working. Download speed was 0.4 Mbps. In booking reservation, it was mentioning free internet but 0.4 Mbps is almost no internet. When we called reception, it was informed to us that it's normal and if we want better internet we have to pay extra money. That is absolutely not acceptable.

Clean.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Rude receptionist :-(

The lady at the reception didn't show any interest to explain what we asked...like where should i sign, for example.She said just sign it .She was not friendly at all !!!!

The room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

Overall was good

There was no Shower Jell in the container, I told reception but the following day it was still empty, the shower was hanging off the wall, and the coffee was not replenished for the second night stay.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2017

Acceptable, but don't expect service with a smile

The restaurant staff at breakfast time were lovely, but the lady who served us in the evening made us feel positively unwelcome. We were offered a basket of bread to start our meal which came with a sour cream and chive dip. Not everybody likes sour cream dips. When I asked for a little butter we were told "it's not possible!" The choice of food available was rather limited and quite expensive. Deserts? Don't bother! What annoyed me even more: room service is supposed to be available until 10:30 pm. When I rang for a snack at 10 past 10 on Saturday night I was told the kitchen staff had gone home. The rooms come with coffee makers which use various pods. There was no decaffeinated option and you cannot get hot water to make your own. Milk pods are available to purchase downstairs for an outrageous Eur 1.50 per pod. Car parking is expensive at EUR 10.00 per night.

Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nothing special, but perfectly adequate to suit our needsand everything was clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2017

good location, free mineral wsater, comfortable bed.

houskeeping poor with no changed towels and dirty glasses remaining the room, generally all staff not very keen to perform their duties, Dirty chairs and tables in the restaurant. Daily supplies like shampoo or cofee in the room not always there.

good location, free mineral wsater, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2017

- We stayed in this hotel during the japanese day, so the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- twin bed instead of the booked double bed - not so clean room - doesn't look like a 4 star hotel at all

- We stayed in this hotel during the japanese day, so the price was ok

• Reviewed: May 16, 2017

The booking confirmation received was for Park Inn by...

The booking confirmation received was for Park Inn by Radisson, but the actual hotel was different. Also the pictures online didn't match with reality.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2017

breakfast was lousy it ws American breakfast.

The daily room rates were Euro.178 approx, 8th May they charge Euro 475.00for a night. On my asking they said it was Booking.com rates. Since nwo onwards regre I wil do reservations through other sources. W are regular traveller. We lost confidence in your organisation.

breakfast was lousy it ws American breakfast.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

A good place to stay but could have been better with few more facilities

The temperature of the room was high and the air conditioning was switched off. Upon asking, i was told to open the window of the room which was making the room noisy because of sounds of motor vehicles on the road hence sleep was not comfortable. Secondly, the place is quite deserted hence you cannot find any other place to dine nearby. Thirdly, the place does not have any fitness center to do some workout etc

The co-operation from the staff was good and could get my issues resolved quickly

• Reviewed: April 2, 2017

Budget hotel for travellers

Front disk ladies totally unfriendly ,old rooms , parking costs extra....Breakfast too expensive for what is offered

big room , good Internet , relatively Cheap.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2019

Functional, not my preferable choice. They could use some renovations.

The price wasn't justified.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2019

Would not recommend.

The room smelled like smoke and they wanted 15 euros to check in an hour early.

The price was ok.

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: February 23, 2019

It was nice and quiet but there are better hotels for 4...

It was nice and quiet but there are better hotels for 4 stars.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Everything was good apart from location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Too far away from the centre and train station

Everything was good apart from location

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

Location staff bar food comfortable

No bath no replacement coffee had to pay

Location staff bar food comfortable

• Reviewed: January 31, 2019

Reasonably priced, good location for work trip

Room smelt of cigarettes, hadn’t been cleaned under bed before I arrived or the next day.

Reasonably priced, good location for work trip

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

The worse
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Dirty .. the worse mercure hotel that I’ve ever stayed in

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Great for those who wanna travel as it's near the autobahn. But to visit Dusseldorf, you need a car.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good breakfast. The hotel offers a bottle of water.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

The bathroom was not clean:
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was not clean: - blood stains on the wall - one of the towel was not fresh

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

Would not recommend!

Staff were rude and unhelpful made you feel like it was a massive inconvenience for you to be staying there.

Rooms were nice.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Friendly staff, comfortable beds, nice and clean room and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit far from the city center, but theres easy access by train and bus.

Friendly staff, comfortable beds, nice and clean room and bathroom.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Good size room with newly decorated bathroom.

The front of house staff were very miserable.

Good size room with newly decorated bathroom.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Hause jeepeng servis very dirty .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hause jeepeng servis very dirty .

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

WIFI very very poor Bellows was not comfortable Electricity was off in one room all the day

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

The reception guys are so kind

The parking should be for free

The reception guys are so kind

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

it was comfort and clean.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

it was comfort and clean. descent and fulfill my expectations.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Everything was perfect!

Everything was perfect!

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

satisfied
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

we have to pay extra for the parking slot

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

It was ok

Location of my room

Breakfast was ok but perhaps expensive

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

If there is no other choice....

Dirty carpet in room, shabby ailses, long wait at check-out

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

The parking and actually Everything

The parking and actually Everything

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Less than 15 minutes drive from the city center, cleanliness...

Pillows were too flat

Less than 15 minutes drive from the city center, cleanliness of the room

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Parking system was good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

An electric kettle in my room was defect.

Parking system was good. When I visited outside of hotel, a staff gave me a coin for leaving area,

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Wifi not working properly

Wifi not working properly

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Clean

Air condition is very bad

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Staff in the bar!

Wi-Fi is very poor!

Staff in the bar!

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Clean

Too hot air conditioning not working so hardly slept

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Nice and comfortable bedroom

Nice and comfortable bedroom

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Clean rooms, friendly staff

The carpet, the location. Rooms quite small

Clean rooms, friendly staff

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

Everything else

A little bit far from altsadt may be 15 min by car

Everything else

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Very nice gentleman at the time of checking in.

Very nice gentleman at the time of checking in. Brilliant customer service. Nice, clean hotel. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Nice stay. Cheaper and older Mercure hotel but still stands for it's brands quality. Go for it.

Extra parking charge 10€, bad wifi quality

Bed comfort, overall feeling

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

enjoyable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

would like bath but rooms have been updated with new showers

Friendly, clean near where I visited and also close to airport by car

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

I will be back soon.

Comfortable stay!

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Pleasant stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The parking is expensive, considering the location.

Professional personnel, clean room, well maintained building

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Rather disappointing considering its location and room rate

Room too hot with inadequate air conditioning. . Tired decor . .

Car park

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Cheap but nut so much more

Rude staff when checking in. Old carpets inside hotel.

Cheap

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

staff very friendly, room is clean
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

airco didnt work (on a fully booked day so staff offered us free drink)

staff very friendly, room is clean

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Nette kamers , moderne badkamer

Is business hotel

Nette kamers , moderne badkamer

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Excessive cost for the breakfast buffet, this is the reason...

Excessive cost for the breakfast buffet, this is the reason why I didn't take it Wifi not working well, connection is too slowly :(

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Cleaning agents
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Reception staff and internet and The elevator broke down

Cleaning agents

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

We had 2 rooms , coffee mashies in both rooms didn’t work!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had 2 rooms , coffee mashies in both rooms didn’t work!!!! Also in one of the rooms air condition had a problem

We Price Match