Reviews of Patrick Hellmann Schlosshotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Brahmsstr. 10, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 14193 Berlin, Germany

#48 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Everything about Schlosshotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The air condition was broken so whole night even if window was open the heat was incredible . Breakfast before was served outside and now only in restaurant inside which is a sad separation from the nature.

Everything about Schlosshotel Is nice exept.... before it was so home feeling and now very Official

Disappointment - no AC
    • Deluxe Double Room

I arrived at the hotel at 11.30 in the evening. During check-in, I was informed that the air conditioning is not working. As it was very late and it was chilly outside, I thought it would not be so bad. Unfortunately, it was my mistake. The room turned out to be on the 3rd floor, in the attic, with two tiny windows. The room warmed up during the day, so that there were 30 degrees and a prety stuffy, so practically I couldnt sleep all night. In the morning, leaving the hotel when asked how I liked the stay, I expressed my dissatisfaction. The lady at the reception said that the air conditioning would be repaired soon and that she apologized. I was not offered any compensation nor rebating for such a serious inconvenience. In a hotel of this class and prices for a room, this should not happen. Unfortunately, despite the interesting place, I do not plan to return.

Nice hotel in a quiet area. Especially for those who like the palace style. Averege breakfast.

We will stay here again

More information about the hotel in the room.

Lovely hotell, spacious room. We had the jr.suite. Separate living and sleeping room. Great hotel for traveling with dogs. We had two dogs with us and they got a warm welcome. The garden is beautiful. The staff is amazeing and very service minded. Help you with everything. If you have the time try the massage offer and the wellness area. We will come back.

Good but not great
    • Deluxe Double Room

The interiors were a bit dated and damaged. Poor food/dinner choices. Strong cigarette odour in the corridors (first floor). Lack of an informative booklet in the room and unclear instructions in the pool and spa area.

Beautiful location and impressive architecture. Good service and friendly staff. Spacious and clean room.

Great hospitality, beautiful location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great hospitality, beautiful location. The staff is very professional and highly committed to fulfil individual needs and make your stay as pleasant as possible. Thank you very much!

I strongly recommend this place !
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is a big house, very nice and cosy. I stayed only one night but would have liked to stay more and benefit from the SPA and Swimming pool. The room was charming and very very quiet. The breakfast room is very nice too, nice service and food.

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast was AMAZING - one of the best I’ve had - beautiful fresh fruit, smoked trout, grilled vegetables, cakes and breads - delicious. And the dining room is all glitz with dramatic chandeliers and ornate portraits.

Grand Looks but no substance
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bad service and unprofessional management. Bad pillows. Bad lighting. Bad restaurant and bar service. Bad coffee. Unprofessional and unhelpful front office staff.

The Karl Lagerfeld connection and beautiful interiors.

The hotel is very beautiful and the Christmas decorations...
    • Economy Double Room

We travelled with two children and did not have connecting rooms, which posed a problem. They were kind enough to move us to connecting rooms the following day. The bar is a smoking bar, which makes the whole place smokey, which is not ideal. We organised an aperitif twice in the bar and found the service lacking. The table we had reserved was dirty and staff took away used glasses but did not clean it. Although we saw nuts etc being brought to surrounding tables, on both evenings we went without nibbles, which was a shame.

The hotel is very beautiful and the Christmas decorations wonderful. The pool is amazing and the lady managing the pool area very kind indeed- she even brought out toys for the kids. Great!

See above

The original hall and staircase are magnificent, an architectural student's dream. Very comfortable bed & bath; uncared for/tired furnishings in older part of hotel; too far from bus/tube

I was not happy and I don’t recommend it to others.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Heaters were very noisy, it makes a noise prevent me from sleep, even informed front office every day during my 4 nights stay but it eas not solved, last night they informed me to turn heaters off and provide me with mobile heater but they didn’t provide.

Thank you so much PATRICK HELLMANN SCHLOSSHOTEL for our...
    • Grand Deluxe Room

Thank you so much PATRICK HELLMANN SCHLOSSHOTEL for our weekend. We stayed for 2 nights from 14th till 16th of October. That was awesome. Amazing building (19 century) and rooms, the most hospitality stuff I've ever met, especially I would like to thank Mr. Levon Kesisoglu. He is not just doing his job. Thanks to him, you will feel the most welcome guest at this hotel. This hotel was gift and surprise for my friend's birthday. I asked hotel's stuff to make some preparations for our coming. Everything was much better then I expected. I will back as soon as possible. If you want to feel yourself in luxury and hospitality atmosphere in Berlin - I strongly recommend you to choose this hotel.

Cigar lounge.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I smoke cigars therefore I love cigar lounge. BUT! Although I smoke cigars do not like smell of cigar smoke in my room. Something for something. Small rooms are more functional than bigger ones. The designer forgot that part of good design is function - not only form. In the "top" room I could not find place to store my bags. On/off switch to bathroom was far away of it. Very exiting. Although I am a bit sarcastic - location and staff, that really wants to you to feel exceptional makes me recommend it.

Cigar lounge. Location.

Terrible unwillingness to please the guest
    • Premium Room designed by Patrick Hellmann

Someone from the staff stole 1500 EUR from my wallet when I asked them to send someone to fix the safe which was not working. And that can happen but they didn't even try to make it right by us. If they could be more aware of the unpleasantness of the situation and at least put the dinner or breakfast on them, we would appreciate. But obviously they don't care about guests and their safety. They just care to take as much money as they can. They just helped me to report and called the police and did no other effort to help us feel better even when all this happened on my girlfriends birthday. Terrible way to treat a guest and only fake courtesy

Looks nice from outside

Oasis.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Worried they might change their formula.

The staff were the best part- equal balance of attentive and discrete. I travelled with my son ,my daughter in law, and an almost two year old baby; everybody totally delighted. On my list of favourite hotels for that situation.

Jewel in Berlin
    • Grand Deluxe Room

The breakfast was overpriced at 29 Euros. Air conditioning could have been better

Fantastic design . Very impressive bar . Away from the hustle bustle of the city , in a very beautiful neighbourhood . The staff was v nice too

Wonderful pool, grounds and staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location is not centrally located and requires the use of taxi or long walk to the metro station. The hotel should consider having a shuttle to the metro station.

The hotel is located in a lovely residential area with beautifully appointed accommodations.

Pleasant.
    • Grand Deluxe Room

The airco did not function properly; did not provide cooling.

Ambiance. Nice and relaxed atmosphere. Hotel is being upgraded and once all this is finished it should be nice all-roound.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

A mixed bag I'm afraid.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There is no book of information in your room so you have no idea what time restaurants are open, if there is a Spa or how to find the fire exit in case of emergency. I travel a lot and as such for business have stayed in many 5 star hotels and they all have information available. Had I had a book or been shown everything in the room, I would not have made the mistake of pressing the 'Do not Disturb' switch which is just inside the entrance door where you generally put lights on. This would have meant that going back to my room for the second night, I would have discovered that the bed had been made and the room replenished. AS it was, it had not - the first night I thought it odd too but wondered if I had gone out too late for turn down service. When I called down the 'Night Manager' was extremely helpful in doing it but clearly I would have rather known what the switch was for and so not pressed it by accident and therefore had my room cleaned at the usual time rather than at 1 in the morning. You also need to know that you cannot get an iron/ironing board brought to your room which is incredible and there are no English channels on the TV or radio to listen to.

The location is lovely but possibly less suitable if you're going to be mainly in the city center. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

Location and the building itself is super cool.
    • Grand Deluxe Room

Sorry, guys, but the food is very-very-very bad. Breakfast and dinner — something unbelievable bad. You definitely should do something with your kitchen.

Location and the building itself is super cool.

Loved the location and pool facilities and garden.
    • Deluxe Double Room

It's a bit away from the center. Beds weren't so comfortable. The AC was very noisy and the water system in bathroom made noise throughout the day and night

Loved the location and pool facilities and garden. The interior is beautiful

Had a great time at the hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The pool area was a bit noisy. Our room was one of the smallest op under the roof. It was nice, but you could see that it was a bit old. It got a bit hot during the night

Had a great time at the hotel. The atmosphere is very nice and relaxing. Had great welcome drink - Ruinart Rose, and mini bar juice, softdrinks etc is included in price. The staff was very helpful! When we went out of diapers for our baby (and it was holiday so all shops were closed) they saved us with some diapers. Great food in the restaurant, can highly recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

We fell in love with this place

There wasn't really a negative, we adored the place. The room got very hot at night and it was not made clear how to work the air con. But the staff came and helped us with this immediately.

It was the most beautiful hotel we've ever stayed at with stunning period features and great staff. The pool and the spa is immaculate and beautifully done too. It's perfect for special occasions. We stayed there for my partners birthday and the staff did everything they could to make it special, from balloons to cakes, they made it happen. I love the local area too. You can go walking in the forest nearby and look around the neighborhood at the stunning houses nearby. The hunting lodge across the lake is a great place to visit and you can easily get to the Palaces of Potsdam on the s-Bahn too.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Beautiful retreat in Berlin
    • Premium Room designed by Patrick Hellmann

I was happy but anyone wanting to be in the middle of the action would be struggling. Dont let that put you off.

Very peaceful hotel a bit out of the way. Once you realise the location is quite reasonable you should love it.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The reception team were all very friendly and helpful.
    • Premium Room designed by Patrick Hellmann

Maybe the rooms need to be a little updated, yet it had this special classic feel

The reception team were all very friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Mr. Ulrich who attend to, organized and followed up our requests very professionally.. We had a short visit and he made it very comfortable for us. Bar staff, breakfast staff, concierge, all were very friendly. Very nice breakfast.

Everythinggg!
    • Premium Plus designed by Patrick Hellmann

The gym too smallll :( And the price

Everythinggg!!! The foooood, the bar, the ambience!!

it was very impressed and the environment was enjoyable.

The inside of the room is very good

Excellent location with upscale service!

Absolutely nothing negative.

The elegant design and exceptional good service.

Extra friendly staff in an excellent environment

TV

Design

staff was perfect.

staff was perfect.

Excellent hotel set a short cab ride from the centre.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Excellent hotel set a short cab ride from the centre. Would 100% stay again.

Superb luxery
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was very hot even with the airco but iT was a hot period

The staff is wonderfull and the house is gourgeous.

One night.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Wi-Fi needed password and only three devices. In midle of nowhere among rich neighborhood open Wi-Fi would be nice.

Beds were excellent

0 Complaints for this Hotel from us

Beds were excellent

This hotel is like a good and beautiful dream.
    • Premium Room designed by Patrick Hellmann

This hotel is like a good and beautiful dream. Each item is perfect.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Everything.
    • Premium Room designed by Patrick Hellmann

Everything. Room was perfect. Super comfortable bed (no back pain). Staff is absolutely amazing

A Class Act
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was nothing to dislike.

It was out of this world compared to other hotels.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Great location, great staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing in minibar Heated towel rail did not work Could not open and close curtains easily

Excellent service

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

The best in town
    • Economy Double Room

That I could stay only for a single night

Everything to feel completely pampered

Historical atmosphere with present day luxury
    • Economy Double Room

friendly yet not overbearing staff

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

More people should know about this place!
    • Economy Double Room

Probably the best hotel I have been to ever

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Everything was first class and the facilities were...

The location is beautiful but a little far to get to using public transport.

Everything was first class and the facilities were wonderfully opulent from the lavish breakfast to the free minibar and the garden was stunning. Best of all was the really helpful and pleasant staff.Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Berlin.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

I liked everything.

The one thing that could have been better was the service for dinner in the dining room on the night we stayed. It really was very poor.

I liked everything... Staff particularly friendly and efficient and attentive. Glorious surroundings outdoors and indoors.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Elegant century old schloss that has been converted into a 5...

Its restaurant (Vivaldi) is excellent, but pricey. Same for its breakfast, excellent but pricey.

Elegant century old schloss that has been converted into a 5 star luxury hotel. Located in the very upscale Grunewald section of western Berlin. Really a classy place with a first rate staff to match.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Staff were warm and welcoming and gave us lots of care and...

This is the third time we've stayed at the Schlosshotel and I'm sure we'll be back again in the future. Since our last visit in Dec 2012, I noticed that some of the furnishings were looking a little scuffed and tired (for a deluxe 5 star hotel) but then the concierge did mention that the hotel is about to have a refurb. Breakfast is quite expensive (as were the bar snacks/light meals) and an additional cost on top of the room price (breakfast at 29 EUR per person) but the food on offer is fabulous - it's a really good selection of breads, meats, cheeses and fruits (as well as sausage, bacon and scrambled eggs). Overall, a stunning place to stay. It doesn't feel like a hotel - it feels like a relaxed and stylish stately home.

Staff were warm and welcoming and gave us lots of care and attention during our time at the hotel. Our room (48 - on the top floor) was really quiet and very dark so we slept really well. The hotel is about 20 mins by S bahn from the centre of Berlin and it's a 20min walk to the S Bahn station, but the walk's delightful and we loved being within 5 mins' walk of the beautiful Grunewald forest. It's a lovely break from the city.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

Excellent location, impressive building, nice pool

Formerly good address and well-reputed place, currently unprofessionally managed, rooms and hallways run-down, obvious lack of cleanliless, lots of unrepaired damages, large backlog of updates, no attention to the detail. No reaction of staff to critical feedback at the end.

Excellent location, impressive building, nice pool

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

Cozy atmosphere.

When I was booking the room, I asked to give us a room with normal high (not sloped) ceiling (those were available within the price range that I've chosen, Grand Deluxe), but when we opened the door of the room, the ceiling was sloped, even though I reminded about that point downstairs to the receptionist. Also, the receptionist did not mention that the beverages in the minibar were free.

Cozy atmosphere. The staff are courteous and attentive yet discreet and modest. The doorman was very attentive, and actually performed more functions than just a doorman, helped to change the room and was welcoming us, explaining the facilities etc. The breakfast is good (but you should ask for a certain dish to be cooked specially for you, which is fine, as long as you know about that). We had a special day to celebrate, and the hotel prepared for us a tasty little cake, that was very touching.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

Хороший отель, чисто, тихо, очень красивый дизайн.

1) Low speed of internet 2) We told with the guy on reception about tickets to Bundestag. He promised that private guide can do it for us for 150 euro in box. As result we had city tour with this guider (and no visited Bundestag) and the hotel charged us for 800 euro extra! For this price we was not ready to have city tour.

Хороший отель, чисто, тихо, очень красивый дизайн. Нет проблем с парковкой.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Interiors.

A modern affliction- a firmer mattress would have been nice. Bath towels were wonderfully plush but bedsheets did not correspond to the overall sumptuousness.

Interiors. Garden. Terrace. Tasty nibbles with cocktails. Discrete and helpful staff magically materialized when needed otherwise receded into wonderful woodwork.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Superb

There are no comments available for this review

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

This is in a quiet location and the accommodation and...

Too far from public transport

This is in a quiet location and the accommodation and service is first class.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

WiFi

WiFi

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Everything was stunning - nothing more to say

Everything was stunning - nothing more to say

• Reviewed: 8 March 2015

Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff.

Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2015

Nice building

Staff they don't speaking English will

Nice building

There are also 35 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.