Reviews of Pension Absolut Berlin This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Erich-Weinert-Straße 26, 10439 Berlin, Germany

#15 of 107 B&Bs and Inns in Berlin

Simply wonderful on all levels
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I would have liked to stay longer, but I'll be sure to book this place again when I come back to Berlin.

This was a fantastic place to stay from making the booking to checking out. Communication with the host was easy at all times, check in was very pleasant and I was even able to go to my room earlier than the official check in time, as the host had cleaned my room first knowing that I'd be there early. The room I stayed in was wonderful: it had a double bed (although I booked a single room), a desk, a full-size mirror, a little chest of drawers, storage for clothes, two inside curtains and an outside shutter, so I felt extremely safe. The room was spacious and even had a TV and tasteful decoration. The place has a fully equipped kitchen and offers free tea. It has a very mature and quiet vibe. There are loads of books to borrow and recommendations for places to eat. No problems with wifi whatsoever, and the shared bathroom actually has two or three showers and toilets, nicely separated by way of quite spacious cubicles so there was never a queue during my stay. Everything is done through pin codes so one can't lose keys etc. Location is perfect: close to several trams, S and U Schoenhauser Allee, even places like Humboldt University and Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin Unter den Linden can be reached easily and quickly. There are many many ice cream places, bakeries, restaurants, bars for all price categories nearby. Pension Absolut is located in a residential area in a small side street off Schoenhauser Allee, so no annoying traffic noises at night time. Staff are very friendly and genuine. It was a perfect stay all around, very affordable compared to other hotels even though I booked at fairly short notice.

Perfect cosy room.

Since the room was located on the ground floor, you could not open the main window (only a small upper window), but I guess this is due to the security reasons. Right now this was not a problem, but I guess it could be in a summer heat.

Check-in system and access to the room using a pin code provided via email was great. No check-in at the reception needed, never met any of the staff neither. Room was clean, decorated in a nice minimalistic style. Bed was great, with build-in 4 electricity sockets(!). Hotel is located in a quiet neighbourhood, just a short walk to the U-bahn and S-bahn. Several bakeries and shops close by.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Adequate pension not far from the S-Bahn.
    • Suite

I thought that we paid too much. Contact with staff limited to a message giving a PIN for room access.

Functional, quiet, sufficiently roomy. A decent overnight.

Big comfy bed.
    • Double Room Eco

It got quite noisy in the morning, partly because we were in a ground-floor corner unit with people passing by literally a couple of feet from our bed :) I'd bring earplugs next time.

Big comfy bed. The location - the neighborhood is pretty good and it's easy to navigate the city from here thanks to U-Bahn and S-Bahn nearby. Decent Internet connection and friendly staff.

Nice clean room, weird policy about leaving bags after check out and the shower is on a timer.
    • Double Room Eco

Shower is on a 30 second timer. Pretty stingy for a private room at €65/night. They have a policy where they refuse to let you leave bags after check out. This policy is not mentioned when you book or check in - just on a notice on the inside of the room door. They should make this clear on booking as it is an unusual policy (I’ve never heard of a hotel/guesthouse/hostel refusing to allow people to leave bags for a few hours). So once you checkout at 11pm you have to take your bags by 12. We also picked this place as it was fairly near the airport, had I known we had to take our heavy bag into central and lock it in the train station until our 10pm flight I would not have stayed here.

Clean room, good check in, great location.

Amazing
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

In the morning the street where our window was opened was quite noisy, but generally all was great

Our room was so light and clean, we especially enjoyed super comfortable bed. Wifi worked very good. Also one of the best things in this pension was location. There are a lot of places where you can to go to have dinner.

Friendly, clean, and in a fantastic location!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This was the second June in a row that we'd stayed here, as we enjoyed it so much the first time. It's extremely fairly priced for such a clean, well presented place! The staff are extra friendly and are happy to help out with any questions about the area, and the facilities are great. My fiance particularly enjoyed the coffee machine.... It's a 2 minute walk to the closest U/S-Bahn station, and a Lidl, and plenty of nice restaurants. We also walked 20 minutes down the road to Mauer Park, and enjoyed the famous outdoor Kareoke and flea market. Overall, a friendly, reasonably priced hotel in a very convenient location. I feel no need to stay anywhere else when we visit Berlin.

Great location, clean and really simple process for checking...

Only negative was the noise, as I was right next to the main door.

Great location, clean and really simple process for checking in and getting access!

Nice Hotel
    • Double Room Eco

Perfect location, very nice neighborhood, great transport, a lot of cafes and bakeries around. The room was very nice. There is a small kitchen where we can boil water and make the coffee or tea only.

The room was clean and the shower was great.

During the night a light outside switched on 4 or 5 times and stayed on for a long time. It woke me up a several times. And the bed made a noise when I switched side (I slept in the single room).

The room was clean and the shower was great.

The rooms are really nice and comfortable, bathrooms are big...

The rooms are really nice and comfortable, bathrooms are big and clean. The location good also, near lots of restorants and bars. And prices are not high. It was a good experience.

The place was very clean and staff nice.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The mattress was too soft for our liking, but nothing more than this.

The place was very clean and staff nice. The best part however, is the location. The neighbourhood is really calm and at the same time you have plenty of nice restaurants and cafes nearby. I strongly recommend!

Perfect for a fun stay in a nice neighbourhood!
    • Double Room Eco

The pillows are too flat for sleeping comfortably. The bathroom is cozy, but can have a slight smell.

It's a calm neighbourhood with lots of nice bars and restaurants. Rent a bike to get around, it's fun!

Modern, comfortable, private.
    • Double Room Eco

Wasn’t sure whether we could boom a room with a balcony. Also the payment method was a little problematic. We were under the impression that we were paying via cash so we brought more euros to pay only to have it taken out of our bank account. Just a bit inconvenient, but not the end of the world. Also we didn’t see any of the staff or have any of the information in English. What looked like a breakfast menu, we couldn’t understand so we never had breakfast there. Also the TV only had German channels (which is understandable) however; all the English channels didn’t work when we tried them.

The room was spacious, clean and the bathroom was really nicely decorated - as was the room. The staff came in and changed the bedding and left more towels. There’s a private little garden out the back which is really nice to sit in when it’s warm. It’s conveniently placed (close to Veganz, which was good for us) and the area is pretty with a variety of shops. It’s also not too far out of central Berlin and we walked home from central each night we were there. There’s a private corridor for guests, where there are four rooms. You can hear what’s going on in the rooms which in the corridor, but as unable to hear anything from the other rooms once inside the room.

The pension is located in a very cool, new part of Berlin,...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It felt more like a (very clean, but still) hostel and less like a pension.

The pension is located in a very cool, new part of Berlin, the part of the city where the students live. There are less expensive restaurants in this area. U-bahn is very close (3 min walk), there is also a cute little baker with breakfast for €3,95 in the street of the pension. Pension is clean, there are about 7/8 rooms that share a kitchen and 3 bathrooms, which are small but sufficient. Staff is very nice and helpfull.

Brilliant place, brilliant location
    • Double Room Eco

On the last day the shower was cold but that's the only negative

The location was amazing, really nice area close to everything you need and very close to transport links.

Room was very clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room Eco

Room was very clean and comfortable. Quiet area but in perfect localization - very close to all kind of transport. Nice bars and restaurants. Thanks for having us :)

Comfortable stay and good value for money
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Reception hours weren’t long. I didn’t have any problems but make sure you have access to your email as they send you the pin code from there. There were two visitors that had problems though. Whilst very minor, the pillows felt more like bean bags and became uncomfortable sometimes. Location is far from the city so each day we plan to be away for most of the day, only coming back at night. Just bear that in mind in terms of expectations, so despite the location, I think it’s still good value for money.

Our room was kept clean throughout our stay and they even provided fresh towels after day 2 (we stayed for 5nights). We booked it with the shared bathroom, and I was a little reluctant about this when booking, but it was kept super clean and pleasant everyday that I really didn’t mind. Floor towels were replaced everyday, the showers were really good and clean, there is good heating and bathroom ventilation, plenty of sinks and showers so you don’t have to wait long (I didn’t need to wait at all, most times I have the whole bathroom to myself). The bedrooms were spacious with lots of storage, and there was also a shared kitchen. Area is quiet. Far from the city centre but it is good walking distance to U-Bahn and S-Bahn stations, tram stops and a shopping centre, so the location was pretty convenient with that regard and the fact that it’s a lot cheaper than accommodation within the city, which we were happy to compromise. Good value for long stays.

Clean, very spacious room.

Clean, very spacious room. Very comfortable beds, blankets. Modern, charming decoration. Not in the city center so you have to take U-bahn. It takes 6 minutes to get to the U-bahn station on foot and then 8 minutes to get to Alexander Platz by the U-bahn. On the other hand it's a quiet street. Kind staff, they did their best to help us to solve a problem and they did a favor when they printed our boarding passes at the reception. Well-equipped room and a well-equipped shared kitchen.

Loved the flexibility and location.

Wasn’t expecting the communal nature (not a massive issue) but guests in my ‘flat’ were quite noisy on one night sadly.

Loved the flexibility and location.

Average stay and lack of cleanliness in apartment
    • Double Room Eco

- We had room no 21 for 5 nights and we noticed a quite dirty floor on arrival Monday night. (see photo attached). Staff was informed directly on Tuesday morning but floor was not mopped until the end of our stay. - We also noticed after showering some greetings from "Kevin" in the bathroom mirror (hot steam made it visible) - It seems, that nobody cleaned the mirror as well before arrival, so ultimately we were not sure what has been cleaned or not. - Two different guests tried to enter our apartment a couple of times (we heard the code being entered and I opened the door to let them know that there must be a mistake at their end). Maybe instructions could be improved for foreign guest how to enter the apartments and how to find the correct one without disturbing other guests.

- Great connection to public transport (Schoenhauser Allee) - Lots of cafés and restaurants around in Prenzlauer Berg - Shops and stores around the corner (5mins) (Schoenhauer Arcaden)

Good location, efficiat and frienly staff, good value for money.

Small room. The window turns into a close yard in groundfloor. There was not even handsoap.

I took a room with private bath. It was clean, comefortable. The staff people where very helpfull. Cool design. There is a shopping mall and s bann/u bann in 3 min walk from the hotel.

Comfortable
    • Double Room Eco

A bit noisy, but not in the night. I didnt like that there were no shampoo or body soap.

Huge room, nice bed. Adjustable radiator. Feels like an apartment more then a hotelroom.

It would be a pleasure to stay here again
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Well, firstly the staff were outstanding in every way, they couldn’t do enough for you. The rooms were brilliant, very clean, efficient & sort of picturesque. The communial bathroom was probably the nicest I’ve come across. Berlin’s public transport is so easy with the power of google & great with being just around the corner from a train station. It’s also located in a quiet part of town & had no noise from others that stayed

We booked room with 3 bads, but there was only two in a room...
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

We booked room with 3 bads, but there was only two in a room, it was to cold in the room and we needed to sleep with clothes. Reception open later that in wrote. Because of we couldn`t booked out in time

Pleasant but breakfast would have been nice.

Room was lovely.

There was no breakfast provided, but there is a kitchen down the corridor with tea and coffee facilities a fridge and microwave. Also a washing machine if needed.

Disappointed
    • Double Room Eco

Paid 120 euros per night over new year. But still had to pay for my own towel after first night and the towel wasnt even clean. Also there was no wifi at all in the room, couldnt leave the bag for few hours after check-out. Service was terrible as well

Location was good, lots of nice restaurants and cafes around

The pension can be reached very easily. There are many cafes nearby. Pin code opening is comfortab.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Never seen anybody at the reception. The kitchen was extremely small. Maybe it was my fault, but I thought I had booked a room in a small hotel and realized wc and shower were common only when I got there.

Our room was always tidy.

The room was clean with a renowated bathroom, walking...
    • Double Room Eco

The room was located on the groundfloor at the corner of a street. It had three big windows with the see through, white curtains. As a result, the location was noisy (especially in the morning) and provided not enough privacy.

The room was clean with a renowated bathroom, walking distance from a metro station.

Good location, close to the train station and local sites.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

As no one at the reception desk when we first arrived no one to give us tips about what to do in Berlin, which we have always found useful on our previous trips away!

Good location, close to the train station and local sites. Very clean, very comfortable bed and good kitchen facilities. Key code to the room made checking in easy

staff were friendly

room was very small the bed side was dusty it was really cold in the room price was expensive for such room bathroom shower was very uncomfortable , i had to hug the curtains no shower gel provided

staff were friendly prenzlauer berg area was nice clean

Very nice stay in a great place
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Wifi was a little unstable

Well-located, clean and comfortable, nicely decorated, kitchen available, suitable for families There had been a misunderstanding when we arrived but the manager did her best to solve the problem

Happy that I found it

ground floor

There wasn't anything to complain. Only drawback might be, that the apartment was situated on the ground floor which I never like in big cities. There is no breakfast here however there are lovely bakeries around where you can have a wonderful breakfast to go or in the bakery itself. Public Transport who is taking you through Berlin Mitte right into the centre is in walking distance and you are in one of the most popular quarters of Berlin - Prenz'lberg.

Amazing accommodation with extra comfy beds!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The beds were the most comfiest beds we've had during our whole 5 week trip! The room was very spacious and the facilities were very clean and nice. The staff were also amazing! Always up for a chat and very entertaining and helpful! Would definitely stay again!

Location in prenzlauer berg prettig nice.

I can not really rate the staff as we didn't see them. Would appreciate personal welcome instead of all communication by email.

Location in prenzlauer berg prettig nice. Appartement was clean

Very clean, very calm surroundings.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathrooms are in a separate room at the floor, not in your room. This is however very common for older buildings in Berlin, so no worries, just be prepared for it. ;) They are all separate, lockable and neat. Also all the rooms are on the base floor and ours was facing the garden and access door to another building which was frequented by people living there thus privacy may be an issue for some guests. I would recommend blinds for the windows to be installed.

Very clean, very calm surroundings.

Excellent accommodation in Berlin

Lovely clean, spacious and comfortable room. Quite a way on the train from the airport but not a problem. No staff there on arrival but called and was given a code for the door so no problems there. Within walking distance of vibrant bars and restaurants.

Ideal location, great stay!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The floors between the rooms and the apartments above are thin so we were disturbed by a lot of banging upstairs unfortunately. We didn't so much get noise from either of the adjacent rooms though!

The rooms were nice and airy, and the staff were extremely welcoming and helpful! The bathrooms were always clean, and surprisingly we never had to wait to go in, which is a big plus! This hotel in a great location, only a 5 minute walk from the U Bahn station and the S bahn! It was a welcoming and friendly neighbourhood and we felt safe and at home during our stay :) we would definitely stay again!

Nice clean place, quiet area
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It is very hard to find a parking spot in the area.

We were arriving very late, so the staff informed us how to get in by ourselves. We were able to get into the room in the middle of the night without any problems. The room and facilities were nice.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Clean and comfortable, good value for Money
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I liked this hotel very much. The only advice to new clients of the hotel is to make sure they can access their email on the day of check in as a code will be sent by email to allow access to the hotel and the room.

Very good value for money. Very very clean. Quiet street. Near transport (S ban and U ban). There is use of a shared kitchen. Staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Cozy, comfy Berlin stay

I did not realize that they had emailed me earlier regarding the key code to enter. There was no need to register at the counter. And they did not let is know in advance thatthere would be an additional fee if we paid via credit card instead of cash

Location was good - near a mall and train station which connected directly to the airport. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was comfy and clean. We enjoyed having a fridge and microwave facilities. Would definitely recommend!

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Good location, great staff, mediocre room
    • Double Room Eco

When you are staying in the ground floor room, it would be great to have proper curtains and not see-through white ones. Basically everything is on public display, no privacy whatsoever. You cant'see that from the pictures, very misleading.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Only if you are vaccinated for the dirt.

The structure was not clean, i found for two times a roach, and I could not complain to the manager because the reception was always closed.

The position of the pension is 5 minute to the underground lines.

Clean, comfortable, charming place but not very private!
    • Double Room Eco

- Our room was directly facing the street on the ground floor so people walking by on the street could see into the room unless the curtains were completely drawn. - The sounds of talking, laughing etc from the street were also clearly audible and could be a disturbance at night. Thankfully it was not a busy street. - Toiletries like soap and shampoo were not provided. However, this place is a guesthouse and not a hotel so these may not be included - During our stay there was some kind of renovation or construction going on on the floor above our room, so during the morning hours there was the sound of drilling and hammering with dust falling off the ceiling a couple of times! Since the floor above is not owned by the guesthouse, nothing could be done about it.

- The room and bathroom were super clean and looked almost brand new! Simple but charming decor. - The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and there was a sort of cage- like cupboard with plenty of hangers and two shelves for our clothes. There was also a desk with two chairs, nothing fancy but functional. There were some useful information pamphlets and maps left on the desk. - Daily housekeeping (unless you ask not to be disturbed) - Great location: Within walking distance of public transport (the Schonhauser Allee station) and many cafes, pubs and restaurants - some are just a few steps away! - Small shared kitchen area in the hallway outside our room with a kettle, glasses, mugs, a sink, etc. - The receptionist is friendly and easily available by phone almost any time of the day. - We got detailed self-check in instructions by email in advance as we informed them we would arrive at the guesthouse outside of the reception desk working hours.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Lovely place
    • Double Room Eco

A handheld showerhead would have been nice, but this is a minor issue. Apparently, it depends on the room, so if you dislike built-into-the-wall showers - better ask in advance whether your room is equipped with one or not.

Location is great and easy to get to from the Schönefeld Airport by taking the S9 S-bahn line. Lots of cafes all around, safe and quiet neighbourhood. Our room was cosy and clean, comfortably furnished and tastefully designed - perfect for a weekend city visit. The windows were very close to the street and our room was on the first floor, but this didn't bother us at all, it's not a busy street and you can pull down the roller shutters at night. We thought the big windows and occasional city noises only added to the flair. There was a little kitchen in the common area where you could brew up some tea or microwave some food. All in all Pension Absolut had everything we needed and we loved every minute of our stay.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Awesome place to stay in Berlin!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The lady who runs it was very friendly and all the facilities were really clean, spacious room, nice bathroom and only 5 minutes away from the U-Bahn. Great place to stay!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Wonderful simple pension in great location in Berlin
    • Double Room Eco

The pension is clean, quiet and well located. The room design is perfect. Liked being able to put a few things in the refrigerator and using the Nespresso machine (1 euro per pod).

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Comfortable Pension direct in the middle of Prenzlauer Berg.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It was a bit pricey for a room with a shared bathroom. I also wished that a second pillow was provided.

Location could not be beat. Right in the middle of the fashionable Prenzlauer Berg and a five minute walk from the u-bahn. Lots of nice restaurants and bars within walking distance. The Pension itself was very clean and comfortable. We arrived very late at night, but that wasn't a problem at all. Everything was waiting and ready when we arrived!

Staff availability

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Fantastic for couples
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything about this accomodation was fantastic. Great location, helpful staff and extremely comfortable, homely rooms.

Everything.

Everything. The best place we stayed during our Bavaria trip 😊

A lovey place to stay.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

A lovey place to stay. Clean and peaceful.

Great!
    • Suite

Great hotel, very homely and clean. The owner is lovely and very accommodating.

Lovely chic hotel.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Beds weren’t very comfortable and needed more pillows

Lovely chic hotel. Very clean

Modern rooms, quiet area, good cafes nearby.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No washing machine for guest use and poor pillows on the bed.

Modern rooms, quiet area, good cafes nearby.

Nothing. All perfect.

Recommend

I liked everything

Clean, nice staff

There was no cover dovet nor cover pillow, it is something...

There was no cover dovet nor cover pillow, it is something disgusting, do you know?

4 nights stay at a good located pension.
    • Double Room Eco

Small bathroom, old room, quite noisy.

Very good location, but the room was right next to the street and sidewalk, so it was quite noisy..

4.5
    Staff was helpful, nice and kind

Valeu for money under average; Could not leave my bags at reception at check-out day

Staff was helpful, nice and kind

Nice hotel for a couple of days spent in Berlin
    • Double Room Eco

The room was on the ground floor but still ok with the blinds

Staff, location, bed, clean flat

Great value!
    • Double Room Eco

It would be nice to have a minibar available at the shared kitchen.

Location and comfort

The shower was amazing. Clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room Eco

We had to park in a nearby garage.

Clean and met our needs. We would stay there again,

Will come again
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Lovely place, very clean and nicely decorated, staff is super

location is nice

location is nice

Amazing location, clean and tidy property!

N/a

Really easy to check in with PIN code system. Room was cleaned every day whilst we were out. Amazing location.

The property offered great value for money - good location, very comfortable stay.

No air conditioning.

Great location, very easy to get into the centre via underground. The bed was very comfortable, the shower was also very good.

You get a pincode to get in and out. I didn't see anybody.

No wifi formation

No nonsens comfortable and clean

Clean and budget friendly.

A bit noisy because of ground floor location.

Nice, large room, good security, very clean.

Clean, comfortable bed

Clean, comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Great bolt hole to explore Berlin
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No oven so limited to what you could cook.

That we could cook some food there and room was clean and modern

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Easy access
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was really nice, great bed and clean. Also the access from airport is easy and good.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Great value quality budget accommodation
    • Double Room Eco

Everything was really ok.

Very good value. Great choice for budget accommodation.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Good Location in a quite area.

Good Location in a quite area. Room is overall good.

Good location and conveniently close to transport.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Thin walls, not for the noise sensitive.

Good location and conveniently close to transport.

Browse Pension Absolut Berlin traveller photo gallery