Reviews of Pension Alpha Frankfurt City This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Karlsruher Str. 7, Gutleutviertel, 60329 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#11 of 17 B&Bs and Inns in Frankfurt/Main

Great unobtrusive pitstop to recover after a long flight from India. Helped
    • Quadruple Room

The staff could be a little more enthusiastic, but I'm just nitpicking

Typical no nonsense place. Great pitstop to make at Frankfurt (like most other places there). Close to the Frankfurt train station (Hbf). The staff is a little reserved, but perfectly courteous.

Very close to central station

Our room is in the other apartment without lift. And about the WiFi code, you need to ask the reception if you want, each person get one specific code only for one appliance. The reception is not so welcoming customer but that’s alright.

Near the exit of platform 4 of the central station. Clean and comfortable. Price is lovely if you need a place nearby the station.

It was ok

The location of the hotel is good but the environment around it was terrible. Too industrial and very dirty though.

The room was quite big and the toilet was spacious enough

Happy we were only staying one night in this hotel.
    • Quadruple Room

It would have been nice to have air conditioning, the fan and an open window was all we could muster. The traffic down below was very loud at all times of the day and night. Horns honking, large tourist buses constantly coming through and parking.

Location was great! Walking distance to the train station, bus stop, etc, so getting around was very easy. Loved having the large window overlooking the street, until we heard what the street noises were like!

good compromise between low cost and close location to public transport.

just minor things shower door needs fixing, but was usable. there is traffic outside, but its close to the trainstation.

Simple, clean room and bathroom, comfy bed.

Perfect value accommodation in a great location

Busy bus stop outside the room due to roadworks meant a lot of early morning noises and beeping - not the hotel's fault though! Air conditioning would have made us more comfortable.

Perfect for our needs - myself and a friend exploring Frankfurt for a weekend. The location was great - right next to the central station and in walking distance of everything we wanted to see. Basic rooms but clean and importantly cheap. Fan in the room saved us due to the heat!

Bring cash, expect to be charged more than "Booking" shows. Anyway clean and well located.

The person at the front desk charged us 10 EUR extra than the booking reservation said, even when I showed him the app with the price. It is not much, but still I don't think it is ok. They don't accept payment with cards and we even receive a comment from him: "Your card is useless here". A bit rude under my point of view.

Location and very decent and clean rooms.

Horrible staff

In booking.com, it said you don’t need to pay ahead but the hotel can check if the card works by holding/deducting a small percentage, yet the hotel held the whole amount 2 weeks before my arrival! The check-in was a night mare as the person at the reception lacked the minimum level of respect, decency, and professionalism. He was aggressive and refused to give me the key without paying on the spot. I said I have just arrived from a long flight and will just put my bags up and come back to settle the account, but his response was unbelievable “No key till you pay. You’re not my friend and I don’t know you!!!” His visa machine was not working. His visa machine was not working. He kept saying you don’t understand anything and you can’t read what’s written. Extremely disrespectful!! In addition, a customer came and he was telling her your booking doesn’t exist. Then when he found it, he was blaming her for booking it 1 hour ago as he didn’t see it!!!

For the price I paid the property more than exceeded my...

The staff at the desk wasn't exactly friendly and should have told me the internet password before I went to my room.

For the price I paid the property more than exceeded my expectations. Definitely not luxury, but everything was clean (not spotless) and comfortable, for an inexpensive nights stay in Frankfurt it was perfect.

The location is brilliant, just few steps away from Hahn...

The wifi is not strong enough and it would be better if the hotel could provide kettle.

The location is brilliant, just few steps away from Hahn airport. The room is clean and tidy.

Never again!

When you ask for the direction, the staff is helping but when you have a problem with your room or when they charge you twice for your stay, the staff starts treating you very bad. No air conditioning, the only bedside lamp was not working. I was coughing because of the strong chemical smell in the bathroom. I would not recommend this hotel.

The only bonus of the hotel is that it's clean, if you are not allergic or asthmatic to chlorine-containing washing agents, it's ok for overnight. The breakfast is also good. The hotel is close to the central station which is the worst part of the city.

The room was only 10min away from Frankfurt Messe that was...

There is no air-conditioning in the room, so we had to have an open window. The road near to the hotel is quite loud that’s why the cars are heard into the room. One of the staff was quite unfriendly. Otherwise the room was ok.

The room was only 10min away from Frankfurt Messe that was really good for us.

• Quadruple Room

The rooms get very hot during summer but the property did provide fans. Made it more bearable to sleep.

Great location. Next to the main station and a couple mins walk.

I wouldn’t recommend stay there if you have other choices.

Staff was rude. Room is quite small and not clean. No hair dryer in the room, you have to pay 20 euro CASH deposit to borrow one. I stayed in another hotel that’s about the same location and cost a bit more but it’s so much better for the value of money.

Location is very good

Very close to Hauptbanhof train station

The rooms are nothing like the picture submitted by the property. MUCH smaller and more cramped. There was quite a bit of noise on the street (shouting, laughing) until late into the night.

The proximity to the train station was great! Literally a block away. There were no frills, but it was clean.

It will be my choice for Frankfurt, good location, value for money is good

If you bring luggage for a longer stay you might find the room small.

Located a few hundred yards from the railway station it is a very good choice if you don't want to pay a lot of money to stay near the city centre. It is clean and reception is open all night.

Absolutely amazing

Absolutely amazing, modern, clean, good location. The facilites of the place are amazing, everything works really well, it's located in a quiet place but also near the center. The owner was really kind with us. I totally recomend the place.

Nice for short stay

Some "peculiarities" of the property: -only a WiFi code per room was for free, -I had to leave the key to the reception each time I got out, -a hair dryer was provided for 20 euro deposit. I really faced them just as peculiarities, and they did not affect my overall stay experience.

Nice stay if you don't have much expectations. I thought that it would be loud because of the location, but I could really enjoy my sleep. The room was tidied up every day, most of the staff was polite and helpful.

Too unsecure - both facilities and location

Staff is too grumpy, we met 3 different receptionists - each one grumpier than the other. They require you to leave your key at the reception, when leaving the hotel, but at the same time provide an explicit statement on all the walls - "WE DON'T CARRY ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE THINGS LEFT IN YOUR ROOM", which is absurd. Every night we wondered, if we will find our things back in the room, and if not - who will be responsible then?? There is no sign for "Do not disturb", so cleaning ladies barge in whenever they want. Even after explicitly asking to leave our room in peace (we didn't want anybody touching our things, especially with no responsibility from the hotel), but our request was completely ignored. Internet connection is good, but you are allowed to use the WiFi code only for 1 device, and for any additonal ones you have to pay - seriously retarded in the 21st century. Location is good in the sense that it is basically a few steps away from the central station. On the other hand the "street audience" in the district of cental station is really shady, so returning to the hotel in the evening when it's dark really gives an adrenaline rush. Basically this place is nothing for singles (too scary) nor for business people (no assurance for your things in the room). It is good only for an overnight stay, if you are travelling further, because it's rather inexpensive and very central.

Good location in sense of connections (fast connection to central station, city centre etc.)

At walk able distance from Frankfurt main train station.

Small room with three single bed. Bathroom door was broken, not lockable.

At walk able distance from Frankfurt main train station. Possible to use microwave in hotel kitchen. Allowed early check-in.

Really good place for a reasonable price. Location is the best part of it.
    • Quadruple Room

We were on the fifth floor and the WiFi signal there was really poor.

The staff was really nice with us. We arrived really early and we were allowed to let the luggage in a locker before checking in.

Good value but a bit noisy

Rooms were cleaned early every morning and cleaners made so much noise in the other rooms it woke us up every morning.

Given early check in which was fantastic, room was as advertised and had everything you needed.

Very close to central train and bus station.

The receptionist guy was not very friendly, no coffee/tea, there was only 1 electricity plug in the room

Very good location, very close to central train and bus station. I could put my luggage after check-out and took it at 9 pm. I had to wait for my bus nearby but the area outside was rather dodgy, and they let me wait inside so it was safe.

It is very close to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (central station).

We stayed there for 1 day at the beginning of our vacation and one day at the end. Day 1 was good but on the day towards the end of our trip, there was no hot water in the bathroom for shower.

It is very close to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (central station). The front desk staff was courteous and quick. Rooms are neat and clean.

Frankfurt was really nice!

There is no refrigerator in the room and I didn’t see the air conditioner. The bathroom is so small, without hairdryer...

Good enough, but I’ll not to visit it again. Maybe you can find around something better for the same money :). The breakfast was really good for 6 € only :) (April 2018).

Very close to downtown for this price

The hair dryer every time need to ask on reception; all staff on reception excluding one man (unfortunately did not remember his name) not affable - I did not feel any interest in my problems, in my questions. The breakfast names there as "rich breakfast" - it is not so - definitely - do not recommend.

Very close to downtown for this price

This facility is recommended if you want something cheap just to sleep not to enjoy your stay.

The property is old unlike the official photos. The room was in EG which mans you hear every thing going in the reception and all people who uses the stairs.

The room is clean. Facility location is central.

Close to the Hauptbahnhof and a nice basic hotel.

Some of the pillows were less than desirable. Non smoking floor but the guest next door smoked at the window and it drifted into our room! Yuck!!!

The beds were comfortable. We felt secure in our room. The shower was awesome! I liked that there was no carpet on the floor. It made it feel cleaner.

Location is good

We arrived at the hotel at 5.30 am and the staff told us we need to pay 15 euros as extra fee for early check in. Finally we didn’t pay for it because I’ve asked them about it before and they didn’t tell me about the extra fee. If you want to check in earlier, it would be better to check the price with them by email. 若有提前入住的需求 建議先寫信跟旅館確認是否會另外收費 我們這次去原本他要跟我們收費 但是因為我之前有寫信問能否提早入住 他並沒有提到收費的事 所以旅館的人後來就沒收

Location is good WiFi is good (you need to take the access code from reception) Facility is good

Good location but weird rules

I didn't feel comfortable having to leave my key in the reception desk every time I left the hotel. I also didn't like that they charge 1 euro to connect more than one device to the WiFi.

The location is great, just a block away from the Train Station.

One to avoid - only just barely adequate.

So called "FREE" WiFi is NOT. You have to pat seperatey for each apparatus. and have to go through some hooky filter App that stops things like Android Play store stone dead. Unneccesary and unacceptable. there are better alternatives in this area.

Where it is . - really only positive point.

the location was great for an overnight stay to catch an...

the wifi would not work at all for me. they gave me 2 different codes, but i still could not set up on my mac. i never have issues with this at hotels, so this was an issue on their side or their internet just does not work on macs? the staff did not really try hard to help me fix the issue. also the towels did not seem very clean

the location was great for an overnight stay to catch an early morning flixbus

Practically comfortable

Walking distance from Frankfurt main station. We needed a place to stay the night for our early train ride to Luxembourg the following day and it served its purpose. Nothing luxurious about it but it was practically comfortable.

Good hotel for short business trips.

Small room looks very poor. Old wardrobe, untidy walls, smells of cigarettes, poor noise insulation, untidy bathroom.

Great location - close to Frankfurt Hbf, Messe and Airport. Also close to the city centre. Free Wi Fi. Matress on the bad is quite good.

Very correct. Easy to move in the city.

The bright light from the ceiling.

Easy location n'y train. Bargain ok. Very simple place, good comfort for the beds, clean. Clear communication from the staff. Price are un general tremendous un Germany around fair events...

The accomodation is indeed poor, which I would have expect...

The accomodation is indeed poor, which I would have expect being just a two stars hotel, near the train station. But the surprise was that the staff of the hotel was rude and unhelpful, and this has nothing to to with the number of stars. There are some stairs to the elevator, and they even look at me how I struggled with my heavy luggage, without any attempt to help.

Great location, close to the Frankfurt Main Bahn station,...

Great location, close to the Frankfurt Main Bahn station, with easy access to the airport for early morning flight. Simple checkout, with a representative being at the front desk 24hrs a day for key drop.

Price fits expectation, would repeat

Wifi signal not really good in the room, very little / no amenities in the room.

24/7 Reception, Room simple but alright, quiet room as facing towards the back of the building, heaters work well

small rooms, could meet basic requirements (bath, sleep)
    • Quadruple Room

never park your car into the "Parkhaus Am Hauptbahnhof" . go "Tiefgarage Hbf.-Süd" instead

near the station with several parking building nearby.

the internet is too bad, and quite slow, it takes one hour...

the internet is too bad, and quite slow, it takes one hour for me to connect to the internet, because you need to login with the username and pw which they offered, and it's really bad. They charge extra 2 euros/person, but we are only three people, we need to pay 8 euros more. The location is nice.

The staff are friendy and nice~

Some comment said the breakfast is good...... but that’s depends because for us, 6€ is quite expensive for that meal although the breakfast is not bad.

The staff are friendy and nice~ Location is good. Near the train station and even the flixbus station

The location is perfect, it is near to train station.
    • Quadruple Room

The location is perfect, it is near to train station. Also it is close to some halal restaurants. The staff was friendly. The room size was average, clean and the heating system was perfect.

It’s an amazing place located near the bus stop and central...

The internet was quite slow or sometimes it didn’t even work.

It’s an amazing place located near the bus stop and central railway station which is really very comfortable. You don’t even have to use any kind of transport - just walk wherever you want to. Personal is kind and helpful, rooms are bright and clean.

No frills attached. You get what you see. Price a bit much considering no facilities in the room.

Staff not very polite or helpful.

The location. It was so close to the station and the markets. My room was in the back building which was very quiet. The hot water in the shower was excellent.

Next to Hauptbahnhof to the sud exit ,the right spot for...

Only one plug in the room,bad WiFi signal

Next to Hauptbahnhof to the sud exit ,the right spot for taking a very early train to the airport.very big room but a bit dirty(the walls) ,comfortable bed.its ok for one night.

Overall good for a weekend trip when you're not going to be there much anyway

You have to ask for a new wifi password every day and they print it out on a little receipt. Not really a negative thing but you also have to leave the key with the reception when you leave the room, it's just something I found bizarre as have never had to do something like that in any hotel.

The location is very central and you have the central station right there for getting to the airport and around the city if you wish to take public transport. The room was clean and the hotel was quite quiet. Didn't have any issues overall. A good price for a central location. The shower was great. Good hot water and spacious!

a bed for the night,

The price, ridiculously over priced. Nothing special. They hike prices up if there is a trade fair. I didn't take them up on the €6 breakfast.. A cleaner came in the room whilst I was still in bed as well!

a bed for the night,

The bathroom was clean - bed was more comfortable than...

The way we where received by the man behind the reception was really bad. I found it very unprofessional and rude.

The bathroom was clean - bed was more comfortable than expected

Nothing fancy but super location

- Poor Wifi on 3rd floor. The connection was not stable and sometimes it didn't work. - Most of the staffs are friendly but some aren't. - Thin walls - Parking 20 Euros per night extra - No hairdryer

- Good location - Clean bathroom and strong water for shower - Price - Secured parking place - Heating

Pleasant
    • Quadruple Room

Wifi is very limited, only one person is free of charge using wifi; so a fee is charged for additional person.

Clean towels are provided and also clean bathroom. There is a tv in our booked room too. Location is really good as it is close to central station. We booked 4 beds bedroom and apparently it is sepated into 2 rooms (without door), which is good as the men in my family snore.

It was clean

The furniture was old,out dated and some were damaged. It looked much better on pictures. Parking was 20e per day. Wifi was extremley poor on 5th floor. We only got password for one device per person. So we couldn't use laptop and mobile phone.

It was clean

Location and convenience.
    • Quadruple Room

Our credit card was charged twice and now we have gone and they have our money they will not respond. While room was ok I would not recommend it and would be very cautions about handling over credit card details.

Location and convenience.

The staffs were friendly.

There was a little bit of noise at night but it didn't last long. We had a good stay at the hotel.

The staffs were friendly. Check-in and checkout were very fast and easy.

Simple accomodation in a convenient location

The reception area was fine, but the rooms and furniture a little tired but perfectly acceptable if you're not intending to live in your room or the hotel.

Simple pension hotel. No frills just a basic room, but a comfortable bed and a good shower. Ideal location if you're arriving by train and only a few minutes walk or short hop on public transport to the city centre for shopping or Sachsenhausen for night life

Good location, breakfast satisfactory, poor wifi

Overpriced for what is offering. Place is a bit outdated. Could at least include the breakfast in the price. Paid 6 euros extra per person for breakfast. Wasn't great but satisfactory. You mainly pay for the location here. If that is what you're after then go for it. Wifi was very poor. Didn't even use it.

The location was very good. Easy to walk to the city's major attractions.

Exactly what I expected

The floor looks dirty because of the color of the wood. It has very thin wall, so if you have neighbors you will listen to their talks.

Clean bathroom, hot water in the shower, location

Average

The internet was really poor and the room fairly cramped. We also had a couple of weird pillows which were made from acoustic foam?!

Location - right next to the central station with a large selection of food options. Room - the shower was good.

the location near the train station.

the rooms were very old. The breakfast was very poor. There is no refrigerator in the room. All the room equipment (bed, wardrobe, wooden floor) and old and not so good condition. pillow and quilt of very low quality.

the location near the train station.

OK for an overnight stay only.

The purpose of an elevator is to avoid using a stairway. Yet here I had to lift 2 heavy suitcases 7 steps up to get to the elevator! The elevator has a maximum capacity for about 4 people. The room we stayed in was far too small. No room to lay down suitcases. In the bathroom it was nearly impossible to bend over the sink without your head hitting the sink shelf!

The location was close to the Frankfurt Bahnhof. Staff was very pleasant and forthcoming. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Bathroom and shower were clean.

Very clean and good value.

Could of been slightly bigger tv, the rooms are quite small but adequate for short city stay.

Very clean and good value. About a 20 min walk to the city and 40 min walk to the zoo. Some people were making alot of noise one night but other than that it was brill. Breakfast was good but just what u would expect nothing exciting.

Ok for a night!

Poor facilities like no drinking water in the room. Room was congested. Parking was costly.

Best location, exactly beside main bus stop and train station

The worst hotel ever

Oh god! I stayed at there on 16th of this month and it’s been about 2 weeks that I haven’t gotten back my deposit. They took the same cost of money as deposit a week before the check-in and I had to pay the cost again when I did check-in. But I’ve not gotten it back even though it’s passed 2 weeks. All they say is WAIT. I’m gonna accuse them. Plus: the room had smell of smoking. It was uncomfortable night. I’m not recommend you to use this hotel.

Sufficient for a night stay
    • Quadruple Room

There’s a short flight of stairs to the elevator so not necessarily wheelchair friendly. Quite a noisy street if you’re sensitive to noise at night.

Very close to train station. Room very big for four adults. Could check in earlier than expected. Luggage storage was okay.

Strictly the necessary

The photos on booking way better than the reality. On booking there was written free parking but there was only four on the street for the whole pension, otherwise if you wanted to park your car you have to pay 20€ per night in an uncovered private parking. You received a password and username for only one device to use wifi, if you want to use more devices you have to pay 1€ each. The problem was that, at least on the 5th floor, the connected was awful (it didn't even load instagram or WhatsApp messages). The only really appreciated thing was the large shower.

Value for money

No hair dryer.

The family room is very spacious with 4 nice beds and the room is very clean. Location is fantastic, just a short walk from Frankfurt main hbf.

Convenient location and priced to suit the level of comfort.
    • Quadruple Room

Clearly a room designed for 3 beds. Once you add an extra bed to sleep 4 people there was no space for bags and moving around within the room.

Very close to the main station and walking distance to attractions.

Cheap, clean, comfortable, great location

Paid for room when I booked it, then the property canceled my reservation and asked for a credit card to reserve it. Then when I arrived, they said I prepaid for the room when I booked it. So, what was that nonsense all about?

We'll be staying here again when we fly in and out of Frankfurt. For an overnight stay, it has all you need: cheap, clean, comfortable, and located in walking distance to restaurants and pubs. The airport is roughly 5 miles away and easy to get to.

All in all, pretty good quality/price ratio

Payment in arrival and ONLY CASH (it does not matter the amount, stuff not very helpful at this point). Big bathrooms but really small shower bases. One of the rooms was a bit small for three people.

Great location, few minutes away from main Frankfurt train station. Nice and clean rooms with ac and heaters as well as confortable beds. We booked a 4 people room, consisting and two rooms plus bathroom, what was really spacious. Ideal for families.

Well located, but unpleasant owner. Go somewhere else if possible.

Web details unclear. They made us pay 20 euro in addition to the price for one bed for my 6y daughter (we had booked for 2+1 for 60 euros already). They told we could leave if we did not want it, and asked for money in a very unfriendly way.

Postion is practical

No wifi in the room and rude staff
    • Quadruple Room

The man at the reception is very rude and has no patience for questions, at all. There is no wifi in the rooms, just in the reception, and it was not written in my voucher. The quadruple room is very small for 4 persons. I don't recommend Alpha Pension.

the only good point is the location, 2 squares from the train station, frankfurt hauptbahnhof. Everything else was terrible!

Not good. Would not recommend

Cold room with no temperature regulation in the room. The whole building, including the room, smelled of stale smoke. Everything is in desperate need of renovation. I was very happy to leave

Ritter sport chocolate on the pillow

Location is excellent.

The room size was OK but there were no minibar. And in the room there were only 1 or 2 power outlets; they were hard to reach...

Location is excellent. There is a tram station in front of hotel, so you can go anywhere. The neighbourhood is full with different restaurants; that's another plus. Staff was OK. And the hotel was very clean.

Great location, clean room but very rude staff

The staff are so unhelpful and rude. The guy at the receiption barely spoke only for the required documents for checkin. When asked for WiFi password and his attitude was so arrogant, asked about parking and his answer was I don’t know.

Great location, clean room perfect for s short stay.

It was ok but I would not go again.

The room was extremely over priced. It was a very basic room with nothing in it but a bed and a tv with German channels, and they charged enormous amounts due to a conference in town. They called themselves a hotel when booking but it was actually a 'pension' so very basic, as was the breakfast.

Ok for solo traveler needing the basics but would not recommend for groups, couples or families.

Rooms were very small, in contrast to everywhere else I stayed during my trip. I didn't feel like the staff was very welcoming. They were satisfactory but made me feel more like and inconvenience than a guest. It might just be the urban environment but I didn't feel like my belongings were very secure or safe in the room and with no in room safe or anything i took all of my stuff in a backpack with me each day.

It was close to the train station. Room service kept the room clean.

Browse Pension Alpha Frankfurt City traveller photo gallery