Reviews of Hotel Pension Fischer am Kudamm This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Nürnberger Str. 24a, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10789 Berlin, Germany

#119 of 579 hotels in Berlin

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

3rd floor of building - no elevator. WiFi did not work for us (our devices worked elsewhere, so not sure what the problem was). No air conditioning.

Good location, very clean, nice sized room. The owner (Christian) was extremely helpful.

• Double Room - Shared Bathroom

Internet was sometimes slow but generally did the job

Staff are very friendly and have excellent English. Very helpful in giving advise and directions on how to get around. Room was nice and comfortable and breakfast was grand.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

This was a horrible experience. The owner/manager was extremely rude from the time we walked in. When I had greeted him and told that we have a booking in my name, he visibly shown disgust as he could not pronunce my name. He insulted sarcastically my partner for wearing his sun-glasses which I think was very personal. We had to walk up 3 flights of stairs with a heavy suitcase as there was no elevator and he did not even let us enter beyond the corridor to the office that he was registering us. He even refused to accept in the beginning that we have a booking and then when I showed him the confirmation and requested him to be little polite he had asked us to get out of the hotel! UNBELIEVABLE as it may sound! We were also shocked. > The bed was a make-shift spring couch - extremely uncomfortable, the room tiny as hell with no space to move, way high for the money we paid even in an off season. Pillows were flat and torn bed sheets. > The cleaning lady shouted at us in the breakfast table because the previous day we got up late and did not leave the room before 1 (we had no idea that we are supposed to stay out of the hotel before 1 pm!) > pretty poor breakfast spread and if you come even 30 mins late after the breakfast time starts - you find everything empty and no refill. For which you have to keep asking. However the Asian-looking lady who served us breakfast was the only friendly person among the entire hotel staffs.

The location was very good. Even if I wreck my brain I cannot find anything else good about this property.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Lightning could be brighter, otherwise everything was perfect.

The staff was very friendly, helped to solve any question, good breakfast, excellent location! Especially if you are travelling with kids, we had a family room. The pension was not very far away from the Zoo.

• Double Room - Shared Bathroom

It is 5 flights of stairs up to the hotel. Carrying the luggage was a challenge. There is nobody at the facility to answer any questions. Breakfast does not start until 8am so I was only able to have breakfast one day of three as I was there on business. It would be nice if they had a list of restaurants and sights nearby. Also parking was a challenge. The hotel does not have its own parking facilities. You will have to find a spot on the street and figure out the parking meter.

The location was very central. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The room was made up every day including Sunday. The value for the price was good.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

We would have appreciated a kettle or tea and coffee facilities in the rooms and slightly faster wifi.

The hosts were very friendly and helpful, particularly giving us an early breakfast for two mornings. Super location and and their English skills were also a God send for us.

• Double Room - Shared Bathroom

The location is pretty far from all the main areas, you will need use the bus or walk a lot.

The hotel is very clean! The breakfast is really nice! I just wish the reception girl was as kind as the sir that helped me with my check-in, he is really friendly! He even tells you tips about transport and how to save money in Berlin! I really appreciated that and when I went to have breakfast the first morning he was really kind and helpful. The bathroom is good and the room was good, clean and comfortable.

• Double Room - Shared Bathroom

It’s a very pleasant place to stay. I had one room with a bathroom, everything was very clean and tidy. Especially important for me is shower and it was clean and good equipped. And I could control hearing, so temperature was comfortable. The owner and his wife were very polite and ready to help in every situation.

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

No elevator only stairs (old house).

Clean facilities, high ceiling, good breakfast, shower and bed. Excellent location: the underground was across the street.

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The mechanism of window ventilation in the bathroom is broken. Bed uncomfortable, mattress falls off the frame.

The Pension is in a good area close enough to train station. Convenient check in time and procedure.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

The position of the AC sockets in the room I had was a bit inconvenient and the room key took me a bit of getting used to.

The staff was very helpful and nice. My window was looking towards an inner courtyard, so I had a very peaceful time. I arrived during a colder time of year and the very tall room seemed like the kind of place that would take a lot to get warm, plus one day I also forgot both the room window and the bathroom window open while I was out in the city for over 12 hours until well after midnight, so I was a bit worried about maybe being a bit cold at night, but the heating turned out to be surprisingly efficient. The location is great! From the map, I could instantly tell it was close to the zoo, the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, the city's Christmas market, but you never know just how close until you actually walk the distance. Transportation options in the area are very good. You have a handful of U-Bahn stations around, closest one right across the street. There's an S-Bahn station at the zoo and bus stations on Kurfürstendamm/ Tauentzienstraße. Being so close to Kurfürstendamm/ Tauentzienstraße means you're also close to a lot of stores and restaurants.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

As I wrote above, the hotel is just a single floor on an old Berlin townhouse. We liked it a lot because of this, but if you are looking for a "standard" Hotel experience, this may not be for you. There is no elevator, which may be an issue if you have trouble climbing stairs

- The hotel is inside an old Berlin townhouse, which has nice decorations, tall ceilings and doors. Not your regular hotel, which is why we liked it - Our room had a very clean, newly renovated bathroom - Decent breakfast - Discount supermarket at the same intersection - Convenient location close to a major shopping center and a subway hub - Very quiet despite being a major road

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

it is hard to improve more.

A nice place for those who wants to find comfort and a quiet atmosphere. Convenient location, silent neighborhood. Good to relax after a hard day. Friendly and helpful stuff you can always rely on.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

You can not hear noises from street, but from the hallway. Maybe a new door will help.

Location is great, convenient to travel around and quiet neighbourhood. Room is clean and bathroom is excellent. Owner and their stuff were super nice. Good value for money.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

No elevator in the property so, if you are bringing a big luggage be prepared to make some workout.

The place was great located, the metro station is in the opposite side of the street. The owner was very helpful all the time, breakfast was good, bed and room was comfortable, the bus stops and metros are very close to the flat this makes easy to get the landmarks without problems.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Not nuch to not enjoy. Good basic accommodation for a fair price.

The location is great near Kurfusendam and it is very afordable. I arrived late and the machine they have allowed entry with no issues.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Wifi didn't reach the last room properly, that's the only negative point that I can say.

There is a excelent choise to your trip. Amazing staffs, confort place, very close to the U station.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

The only issue is the hotel is on the second floor of the building and some of our party struggled with the stairs, but for the rest of our party the stairs posed no trouble and we wouldn't hesitate to stop here again.

Brillian location to explore Berlin. The staff were fantastic, giving us tips for the local area and helping us to arrange for a cake to be delivered. Rooms were spacious and clean. There was a good selection at breakfast as well.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Beds very comfortable. Nice, clean room. Breakfast fine, but not great. Around the corner, there are cafe's tat offer breakfast at the same price, but much better (we only stayed one night and ate at the hotel, but the cafe's looked nicer :-)).

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Be prepared to carry your luggage up several flights of stairs (opportunity for a workout). Older building.

Excellent location. Reliable internet (while I was there). Efficient and friendly staff. I would return.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

The hotel is clean and located right next to the metro (only 50 feet away). Water bottles were provided inside the hotel room (and we found this unique because it was the only hotel that we stayed in Europe that did this). The beds and pillows were some of the most comfortable I've ever slept on in a hotel room. The bathroom is clean but small. Please be aware there are no elevators and the hotel is located 3 flights of stairs up.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Hotel Pension Fischer am Kudamm is on the 2nd floor. It has no lift and is 67 steps up from street level. This isn't mentioned on its website. We are two reasonably active seventy year-old ladies who managed to puff and pant our way up these stairs at least twice a day but they would be impossible to manage for anyone with any mobility difficulties.

Good selection for breakfast - cold meats, cereal, bread, spreads, fruit juice etc.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The location is in the centre conveniently near shops, public transport stops and cafes. The hotel itself is small, quiet and very clean (it's on the 2nd floor of a house). I loved the clean bathroom with a shower in my room, they give you free toiletries and there's a hairdryer and a good for mirror for making up and shaving.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

Someone should be available on scene

I reached property 1 pm was there. Terrible experience requested coffee vendor close to property to contact them. He contacted by his fone and got code to find keys to unlock doors

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The staff were so friendly and pleasant. We felt welcome. Our double room was simple, but charming. The bed was comfortable, and the room and bathroom were very clean. The breakfast was excellent! Many options, fresh, and plenty of food. We loved the family atmosphere, the charm, and the convenient location.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The worst Hotel We have visited, located on 3rd floor with no lift facility, The owner was not helpful at all, the facilities in the room was either non existent or totally non functional. It is not 3 or 4 star as stated in your listing but it is less than 1 star.

There is nothing that I can say we liked.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Please note the hotel is on the 2nd floor with no lift so it's not ideal for the infirm or those with large suitcases! Breakfast starts at 8:30 at the weekend which might be too late for small children. The hotel was great for us though and I would recommend it to others looking for a good value place to stay in Berlin.

We spent 3 n8ghts here over the easter weekend. The room was plenty big enough, clean,and quiet. Breakfast was good and the staff friendly and helpful. The hotel is right next to a U Bahn station. It was perfect as a B&B.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Double Room - Shared Bathroom

A very lovely hotel. The landlord is very kind and always make me feel welcome. If I have chance to travel in Berlin again. I will still choose this hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Double Room - Shared Bathroom

Remote control for TV didn't always work.

Wonderful breakfast plenty of choice with no limit to what you could have. Large comfortable room with excellent heating. Good wifi service. Very close to the U bahn station.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Double Room - Shared Bathroom

The bathroom not being inside the room, but that I knew it already because it said it on the add so it was not a surprise.

The staff were very friendly and terrific location, room very clean.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Private Bathroom

Not a lot. However, the stairs might be difficult for more elderly or infirm guests, although they were totally fine for us.

Friendly staff, very clean and tidy. Everything just worked as it should. Room was spacious and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

I was ok for us, but could be important someone else, that there is no elevator, and the floors are very high.

Good location, easy access to public transportation, delicious breakfast, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The stuff are not in the pension all the time they are there in the morning only.

The room was big which was a nice thing , the TV is very small and not in the best location in the room they offer candies every day when they clean the room and the location was very near to the shopping area and to transportation.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Double Room - Shared Bathroom

The lock on the shared toilet/bathroom door caused me some struggle - I didn't quite master it. They said, I'm supposed to use the light to inform it's occupied.

The bed was comfy and the blanket was real warm and there were some extra blankets available in the closet. The staff members I met, were helpful and nice. Also the late check-in caused no problems, everything was explained to me and double checked over a phone. The breakfast was ok, nothing too fancy, but enough to start a day.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

The hotel is on the 3rd floor and there is no elevator. This was no real issue for me, but might be if you have heavy luggage or problems with stairs etc. The Internet connection was a bit unreliable at times.

Nice and clean room with quite big bathroom. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast included in the room price. Perfect location very close to U-bahn station and a few minutes walk to Ku'damm and KaDeWe. In contrary to another review, there was possibility to store luggage after check-out.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Nothing, really.

The availability of a parking place in a garage at a reasonable place. The staff was an information mine and that info made our stay very nice.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

I only tried the wifi once in my first day and did not worked

Breakfast and the owners/staff. The location is good with a lot of transports around but it is about 20 min by underground from the main Berlin attractions. However I totally recommend it

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Balcony and Private Bathroom

The breakfast was not good. The breakfast room was very small only 5 table. It is hard to find the hotel no sign for the hotel.

The room was big enough.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

* Internet was terrible, In this day and age to have such an inconsistent and slow connection is not acceptable. * Lots of stairs.

Everything else was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Balcony and Private Bathroom

a rude landlord,no reception,awkward keysystem,no lift,people struggled with their luggage. i had a throatsurgery the next day,so needed an early breakfast,what i told them.they kind of ignored it,their breakfast starts at 8,so i was in distress,to eat fast 5 min. to 8,as well the girlfriend of the landlord meant to say ,that there is no surgery with any breakfast before,really incredible.i had as i said a voicesurgery,where i could eat until 6hrs before a light breakfast.i think as well it was overpriced,with not much to offer.sorry,i rarely write so bad reviews.and on top,as my first sign of disappointment,the landlord told me i was an awkward customer!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

It was not a problem for us, but the rooms are located on the 2nd floor and I didnt notice a lift. Might be an issue for the less mobile with bags

the rooms all clean and modern, continental breakfast was very good

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very nice and homely stay in West Berlin, close to shops and public transport. Communication with staff before our arrival via e-mail was easy. Although there was nobody there when we checked in, the system with receiving keys from the box next to the entrance worked just fine. Host was very kind! Breakfast was excellent, lots of choices. Room was clean, it was cleaned every day. Small but comfortable bathroom with hair-dryer, cosmetic mirror and excellent ventilation! We will gladly stay there again!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Private Bathroom

At least 80 stairs to arrive, so not recommended for elderly people etc Bed was awful,although next morning they had told me that can be adjust electronically..., VERY NOISY,all rooms towards the street but they have done towards the back

A rare opportunity to stay at a Berlin building built before the war ( as almost all had been bombed) , atmosphere of the time, spacious room, excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Lovely , very helpful staff. The hotel was in a great location, easy access to the main shopping street in Berlin as well as the ubahn to get to the other sights.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Private Bathroom

That the breakfast beginned only at 8 o'clock... I had to be at 9 o'clock at the fair, so this was a bit stressful.

The location was perfect and my room really cozy. (And thank you for the gummibears everyday!)

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Double Room - Shared Bathroom

Cleanliness need to be upped a bit. Lots of choices for breakfast but it is repeated every day. Alternating the choices every other day should be considered

Fan is available which island huge relief in the summer.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Room - Shared Bathroom

For those with bigger luggage - the hotel is located on the second floor of the building without elevator.

Everything was as in the description. We were in Berlin just for one night but we are very satisfied with our stay at this hotel. Friendly and helpful personnel, kind service. Very clean room as well as bathroom and toilet. Comfortable beds. Good location, close to the public transport. We've got any objections to this hotel and we truly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Advertises carpark but fills up quickly due to limited number of spaces. Optionally, public carpark round the corner charges 6 eur for 24 hr stay.

Helpful staff, convenient location near underground and railway. Cozy restaurants in street round the back.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

3rd floor with no elevator From 14.00 there's staff in the pension

The hotel is located near a metro stop and even on foot there are nice places (zoo, KDW)

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The pension is located at the third floor without an elevator, which was not a problem for us, but it might be an issue if you have a lot of luggage and/or problems walking. This is not mentioned in the information on Booking.com.

The owner and his staff went out of their way to help. They e.g. stored our bicycle boxes for us while we went on a two week bicycle trip. We had rooms towards the backyard, which was nice and quiet (but a little warm in the afternoon because of the sun). The location is good, close to Ku'damm and Tiergarten. We didn't use public transportation, but there is a U-bahn-stop across the street.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Very hot rooms and no AC, just a fan which was not sufficient. Basic standard.

Great location one block from Kudamm. Good communication with owner via e-mail prior to arrival. Convenient check-in. Cosy place and various options for parking within short distance. Big family rooms.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

The internet was very patchy the couple of days I was there. Also the connection did not appear very strong (I was in a room at the end of the hall) I unfortunately only let them know on the day I checked out so cannot say if it was a regular occurrence or something unusual (the receptionist was also frustrated it wasn't working so I suspect this was unusual).

This was a very nice pension in a good location. The room I had was huge - much bigger than other European hotels/pensions.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Staff not there after around 3pm.meaning you have to find your way into the room. The pillows were very uncomfortable.

Excellent location, very close to the metro station and walking distance to kudam square. owner may seem a little dark at first but is very friendly. Room is very clean and the building looks very authentic

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

A great place to stay. Charlottenburg is a great area with lots of small restaurants and only a few minutes walk to the U-bahn at Wittenbergplatz from where you can easily go anywhere. Super clean. Good bed. I had a room on the courtyard-side and it was also completely quiet. Everything I wanted - excellent for the price too.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Balcony and Private Bathroom

Not there fault, but we didn't know that it was 69 steps up 4 flights of stairs to get to the room....good exercise, they didn't need a fitness center:) I had chosen included breakfast when I booked, they charged extra again:(

Very authentic and historicish place.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

The stairs to the top floor.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Breakfast could me more diverse.

• Double Room - Shared Bathroom

The cleanliness of the room was good and the bath was amazing. Friendly staff and easy location.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Nice place, perfect location, breakfast and service overall. Would stay there again and again :)

• Comfort Double Room with Private Bathroom

It was very clean. The location is perfect.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The staff was really kind and helpful. Located just opposite the street to the U3 stop.

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The breakfast could’ve been a much better selection if you wanted any alternatives. Wasn’t very happy :(

The cleanliness of the room!

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Rooms overheated but this is the case with all German hotel rooms

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Would have liked better pillows and tea/coffee facilities in the room would be nice.

the breakfast just so so , but wealth for money, only euro60 a night

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Helpfull staff, good value for money, nice breakfast.

No lift

Accessibility

Everything was to hand, no complaints

Lovely comfortable room. Good choice of food at breakfast. Friendly staff. Hotel convenient for restaurants.

• Comfort Double Room with Private Bathroom

The ceiling is almost 4 meters, I really liked it.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

Super clean. Friendly staff. Efficient check-in. Loved it!

• Comfort Double Room with Private Bathroom

Spacious room, quiet hotel. Good location.

The stairs!

Staff friendly, helpful. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Parking place

Location, breakfast

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Bed for children was uncomfortable, old and too hard for sleeping. 3rd floor, no elevator

We weren't aware of the drop key situation..no lift..3 flights of stairs

Breakfast very good...room attended to each day.

Browse Hotel Pension Fischer am Kudamm traveller photo gallery