Reviews of Hotel Pension Ingeborg 2 stars

Wielandstr.33, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10629 Berlin, Germany

#38 of 107 B&Bs and Inns in Berlin

• Economy Single Room

Everything was very old - which also has a certain charme. Breakfast at 8am was a little to late for me.

Good location and good value. Friendly staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

There's nothing not to like. If I say that S Bahn Station being 8 min walk is something they can improve on :P - you can imagine how hard I am trying to find something unlikeable about the accommodation

Everything was perfect - the host, cleanliness, facilities. Special mention for the variety and quality of their breakfast - it really is a delight! You would easily end up spending 10 euros for something similar outside.

nothink

good location - quiet, near U and S-Bahn, near supermarket, nice room, everythink clear, towels and bed clothes included - no extra money, breakfeast with everythink you need. The possibility to make tee or coffee in the evening for free is great!

I've left my bicycles downstairs for the night, at the place pointed by the hotel employer, locked. In the morning, I've noticed the bicycle bag and the lights were stole. I've informed the reception, and they told me "Sorry man, that is Your problem... if someone will return what has been stolen, we will send it to You back (!!!)" I highly not recommend this place for this reason...

• Economy Single Room

Booked without looking at the fine print. Didn't realise the room did not have bathroom or toilet facilities. I had to use a share situation over the hall.

Location and breakfast and size of room

Good breakfast, very nice staff. Hotel located in the nice area close to Berlin Zoo, with a lots of restaurants, bars, shops etc. Good connection to central Berlin

• Economy Double Room

Everything great, the staff very professional and helpful

Everything was much better than we expect, for the money we pay, the rooms very big, clean and confortables, the ropes they bring to the guest a plus, breakfast amazing, coffe, cereal, juices, fresh fruit, cheeses and meat, fresh bread plus some more stuff super, plus the storage baggage a plus, 100 % a place to stay if you are in a budget and still wanna enjoy a good place, this is it

• Economy Single Room

I did a last minute booking and overlooked that my bathroom was in the hallway and shared with another room. As there are only a few tables, sometimes it gets crowded at breakfast, especially around 10, I think it would make sense to prolong breakfast time to 11.30 or 12 on the weekends and holidays to avoid this. It's an old building, so the soundproofness is not perfect, and you can hear sounds from the rooms around you.

This place is truly unique, and somehow refreshing in comparison with all those chain, standardised hotels. I really liked the decor in my room, but I guess that depends on teh taste. The elevator is an experience on its own. Breakfast was simple, but fresh and with food of high quality. The staff were very friendly. Location is great as well, if you want to shop.

• Deluxe Double Room

I have reserved a delux double room & a kid place but what I've gotten is a double room with 2 beds without a bed for my kid because it was the last room available. The beds were too old and weary

The location was good. The breakfast was ok

• Economy Double Room

Not much I didn't like. We stayed in 2 different rooms. The first one was with a shared bathroom. Bed base needed a bit of an upgrade and was sinking in the middle. However the the second room with its own bathroom bed was perfect. Much preferred the own bathroom.

The breakfast was good and they offer coffee and tea throughout the day until 9pm. The rooms were huge with loads of space. Different from your average hotel but felt really homely

The hotel is served by pensioners women. very moody, with the poorest customer services command. treating us as if we are getting favor for sleeping there, rooms not proper cleaned, the rooms are in 4th floor and lift not working, dirty and smelling building, poor breakfast.

only the location, which is very convenient with the buses, Ubahn and S bahn

I couldn t watch tv, as I had the feeling the were only a couple German mainstream channels available.

Very clean and nicely decorated room. The breakfast buffet wasn t huge, but with a small choice over basically everything.

• Deluxe Double Room

I do not have any particular objections.

The rooms are equipped with antique furniture, which is in perfect condition. The continental breakfast offers wide selection of food.

• Economy Double Room

An own bathroom would have been a great plus, but this shared option was acceptable as well.

The breakfast is better than I expected, and the location is also one of the best's in Berlin. I loved the style of the building as well. The staff was extremely kind too, they gave us a little pack of breakfast for takeaway, even though we had to leave around 3 am.

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful. No hellos or goodbyes. Tried to speak some german to them too. No help at breakfast either (dairy intolerant) I was told go buy and you can eat. On check out we gave back keys and thanked them and was totally ignored. Oh well!! We had a great time and didn’t let it spoil our time in Berlin.

Quirky, fun clean place. Good location.

My single room needed some attention to decor. Whilst I was there owner asked to bring tradesman into the room. I presume it will be refurbishment soon.

Friendly welcome. Accommodation adequate for the reasonable price. Breakfast variety better than I expected. Nothing too much trouble for staff

The building is very old and somehow creepy as we arrived there only at night. The elevator is antique even though it's not convenient because it's THAT old. Also, they charged us 5 Euro for one night parking, which wasn't mentioned previously on the website.

The location is great and it's located in a beautiful street of Berlin which is also closed to shopping streets with high brands.

I love the free drink bar,I love the breakfast, and I love the historical lift! The area is really cosy and luxury area. You can feel relax West Berlin atmosphere.

I would have preferred the room to be abit brighter, but that's a personal preference. It would be great if the staff can give out directions to the various public transport points and amenities as part of their check-in procedures.

The hotel has a charming old-world character, a far cry from the modern chain hotels with keycards and auto lightings. The highlight was definitely the ancient lift that I took everyday to reach the hotel at 4th floor. The breakfast spread was good too. Stable wifi connection.

• Economy Double Room

We are very disappointed from this Hotel. First of all we booked a bedroom with private bathroom and they gave us a bedroom with share bathroom. Secondly they made us extra pay a towel that was dirty but that they could perfectly wash!!! Lastly we didn't like the staff. They were not polite and not comprensive at all!

I booked via booking for a couple and 2 kids (10 and 2 years ) We got a tiny doubleroom where we could hardly move it was a total catastrophe ! How can you desplay nice pictures in your site and you sell inpropriate rooms to your clients? Breakfast was nothing special the second day we decided to take it somewhere else! We had a friend visiting us and I booked a room single directly with the same hotel oh my God the room had the size of a toilet ! And expensive for what it was! A part the location I don't see any reason to recommend you! We book a parking space with you which wasn't free and you gAve us a voucher and we should go look for a parking ourselves around the block which was hard to find in the area! You should inform your clients about that! I will never come back to you And I don't recommend you German and leaving in Germany and not France anymore!

The location The housekeeper

• Economy Double Room

The room was without a bathroom, didnt see that while booking. I searched aspecially or a room with bathroom, so this was really disapointing. Everything made a lot of noice, aspecially walking. You could hear other people easily, stuf you dont want to hear... We arrived late, because of a late flight. We had to pay a fee for that: 10 euro extra, without receit. Instructions on the website how to get to the hotel erom the airport werent right.

Location Nice old elavator

Dark hallway entrance

Comfortable high ceiling big room. Very friendly staff able to communicate in English. Close to high-end shopping stores and close to public transportation and sight seeing tour buses. Excellent breakfast

• Economy Double Room

The only slight minus was the bath room in the corridor.

Good breakfast, flexible staff. Not luxury, but very charming old house and location perfect to travel from Tegel Airport. Easy to go by U-bahn to the city centre.

• Deluxe Double Room

Incredible, quirky, vintage and stylish. It felt like we were staying in a surreal photoshoot from Vogue. Did not want to leave. The coolest hotel I've ever stayed in.

Could have been a little cleaner. Room a little cramped, but for the money it was worth it.

Good location and value. Good breakfast. Decent bed. Peaceful. Staff friendly enough.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Economy Double Room

It was a short walk from the nearest train station but nothing too drastic.

The room was spacious and the bed was comfy. The breakfast was also quite good too.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

The mattress was very saggy and would need replacement. Parking is on street with a parking disk (cheap) from the hotel, but might be a problem with spaces, dependent on when one arrives (I was lucky to get the last space outside the hotel).

The hotel is in a very good location with friendly staff and the breakfast is very good.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The stuff are not very smily and appear most times to be a bit harsh. But I think is not done on purpose, it is just a cultural behavior. One issue was sound proofing. One can basically hear anything that happens in one's adjacent rooms. I would also suggest they placed a small wardrobe in the room.

The hotel has a very cozy ambience. Decoration on the walls and furniture and decoration in common room have a flair of the past and create a warm place. Since I was there first days of 2017 the Christmas decoration was still on and I admit it was one of the most attentive ones I have seen. It was modest , not overdoing it, but still like how one would decorate one's house. The breakfast was good as well. Although it did not live up to the expectations which quite high due to the reviews. But for such a family hotel it was very good and with variety. Also the owners are very nice and offer coffee and tee with cookies throughout the working hours. Finally internet connection was great as indicated in review

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Wifi was mediocore, so were the beds. Don't care for the old school German toilets.

Nice smoking balcony and lovely breakfast available in the morning. Loved the old school elevator.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Economy Double Room

Bathroom in every room would be perfect, but it was still ok to share it. Bathroom was clean.

Location was perfect. Small hotel is in historical building - lot of air in big high rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

One of the staff seemed impatient or bothered when I asked to change a room after a long day of travelling, after we could hear a baby cry his guts out right next door. We were coming to rest as well, after all... The walls are very thin and you can hear almost everything. The woman in charge finally offered us another room but it was much smaller and not so cosy, so we stayed in the room we got. We slept well though as the family with baby left the next day. Lucky for us.

Good location, nice neighbourhood, good breakfast, nice details in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Economy Double Room

We booked the economy double room. The description of the room said the bathroom would be shared with one other room. It turned out that the whole facility has one bathroom which is shared by at least 4 rooms. It was an inconvenience and a little cheeky of them to falsely describe the facilities. The WiFi didn't work in our room at all. The first receptionist we met was unfriendly and we got the feeling we were bothering her. The eating area was supposed to be open until 9pm so we placed a couple of drinks in the communal fridge, which we had planned to take out around 8.45pm. The receptionist left long before that time and we had no access to the fridge. We called the number on their website and they sent someone else to (grumpily) open the door, except it was 2 hours later :/

The hotel is located in a nice neighbourhood, with easy access to public transportation. The breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

This place was probably great in 1912. The point of a hotel is sleep. The mattress was 100 years old, very saggy, and nasty. Bedsheets didn't fit mattress at all. Tiny room. Discount, broken, cheap, doll-house furniture literally held together with cheap tape. Chintzy plastic fixtures in awkward tiny bathroom. Broken/empty soap dispenser. Shower sprays all over the floor. Stale, depressing breakfast, stale fruit. Had to empty my trash cans 5 floors down and 2 doors down the street, since lobby gal informed me they "don't have trash" anywhere. 4 keys required to get to your room. No usable electrical outlets near bed. Employees take great pride in banging LOUDLY around the hallway all hours of the day. This place is perfect for 5 euro, I paid 12x that. Never again!

Berlin

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

A great old Berlin house with an ancient lift. Quiet location, yet close to public transport. Staff friendly and helpful with lots of suggestions what to see in Berlin.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

The advertised 24 hour tea/coffee/juice facilities were only available during the day. The man on reception was not very friendly at all. We had to ask for toilet rolls.

This was a quaint property in a beautiful old building. I loved the original lift. Breakfasts were huge and really nice. The room was very big and always clean, serviced everyday. I loved how central it was to some fantastic shopping.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Economy Single Room

The location is great, loads of places to eat and well located for the tube station (nearest one is 5 minutes, Savignyplatz. I didn't eat breakfast in the mornings so can't comment on that.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Our room was right next to the entrance to the hotel and next to the reception, kitchen, breakfast area. Therefore quite noisy, you could hear the conversations in the hallway and there was a feeling of lack of privacy for this reason. I guess they put us there because of the floors (no carpet-we brought our dog with us).

The location was great and beautiful! Nice clean room too. Pleasant and smiley owner of hotel even when there was a language barrier.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Room a bit noisy. The Staff hardly speaks English. I found the price a bit expensive for the structure, but it's Berlin.

Good Breakfast. Good position, the S-Bahn is 5 minutes far.

• Deluxe Double Room

Very good location next to KuDamm. Everything in walking distance. 1 hr easy walk to Reichstag. Potsdamer Platz. Recommend

Last day one man. Suddenly opened door without knock before check out time

It is clean place with wonderful elevator, location is good.

Everything!

Perfect bed and breakfast

Doesn't have private bathroom

Great location and facilities

• Deluxe Double Room

Nice location, very friendly staff, decent breakfast

• Economy Single Room

The fact that the hotel would allow another person to book into my room

• Economy Double Room

Great place to stay and the price was really a positive surprising joke! The breakfast was great!

• Economy Double Room

The staffs are amazing. The room is so comfortable and tidy. The bathroom is tidy and a nice shower. The breakfast is great, delicious.

• Deluxe Double Room

No shampoo was provided and it was 2 single beds put together for us to sleep on which was uncomfortable

The breakfast, the staff

• Deluxe Double Room

Location, plenty of old world charm, and the breakfast!

• Economy Double Room

Staff didn't speak much english

Bed was super comfy and the property really warm and cosy!

Good value for money

• Deluxe Double Room

Creaky floorboards - but not the end of the world

Cheap and quirky.

• Economy Double Room

Not easy to get a parking space from the hotel, better to check with them first

Nice location, nice facilities and breakfast, clean room

• Economy Double Room

The bed, too soft for me

My house in Berlin

Nothing special.

Everythink ok, excelent breakfast. I would stay again.

Nothing 😌

I loved the comfortable feeling of the room and the bed was really comfortable. A really interesting find ❤️

I don't have anything

Very helpful staff,An excellent breakfast,i can warmly recommend.

4th floor

Bed too soft

Interesting old building

• Economy Double Room

wrong data on invoice, no contact...

The breakfast was delicious,room was very clean, hot shower and very nice staff. And also the hotel is quiet, no noise

• Economy Double Room

Staff not very personable.

Great breakfast.

• Economy Double Room

Really good value, great location, breakfast was lovely, staff friendly and helpful.

Charming and comfortable hotel pension, wonderful location, friendly and helpful proprietors. Enjoyed soaking up the sun on the flower-lined terrace.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Economy Double Room

4th floor. Creaky Old lift. Shared bathroom.

• Economy Single Room

There was no bathroom in every room as stated in their brochures and advertising. Breakfast cereal out of boxes is unacceptable.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Very nice

• Economy Double Room

the mattress is too soft

quiet, clean

Great, central location. Accommodating staff. There's a fridge which guests can use.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

As a couple we wish for a double bed,but not a two beds pulled together

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Economy Single Room

Shared bathroom (though never was aware of anyone else using it)

Excellent breakfast, happy to arrange late check-in

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

The location was in a safe neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Economy Double Room

Very good location. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Property is managed by multi-language speaking owner, who is friendly and super helpful. Great location!

Browse Hotel Pension Ingeborg traveller photo gallery