Reviews of pentahotel Berlin Köpenick This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Grünauer Str. 1, Treptow-Köpenick, 12557 Berlin, Germany

#202 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Comfortable
    • penta Standard Room

No provision of a kettle/tea/coffee in the room No safe locker in the room - sometimes a necessity for tourists

Easy check in and check out process. Comfortable bed and great view from the room

We have been staying there for 4 nights and we are pleased...
    • penta Standard Room

We have been staying there for 4 nights and we are pleased with nice hotel decoration and location near the river. Beds are very comfortable. We slept like children. Breakfasts is tasty, but could be more varied on the next day. Parking is spacious.

Nice relaxing environment.
    • penta Standard Room

The location is good to Kopenick old town and easily accessible by tram and S-bahn if you wish to go to Berlin city center. It is in a nice quiet part of the city and it is next to a lovely river where you can have a nice walk along its bank.

Really Lovely place and nice staff. a bit spoilt by bad systems.
    • penta Standard Room

The payment system needs to be better . After a restart of the system to fix the room keys there was an attempted charge of 297 euro. This was after payment for room and deposit was already made. worrying.

Very good helpful staff. lovely hotel and rooms with great location.

Overall I enjoyed the stay!!
    • penta Standard Room

Had a BLT Sandwich that came on German Bread. BLTs are Best on White or Wheat soft bread. There were no English Speaking News Channels. BBC News was not working, and there was no Cnn Channel. Would Like to Have English Speaking news Channel ie: CNN International.

It' a "Fun" place to Stay!

Excellent stay, good value for money, room was very good and communal areas with good atmosphere.
    • penta Standard Room

The issue with booking breakfast through booking.com and the hotel twice attempting to charge me for 17 Euros for breakfast. Seems to be a bug in the system that needs resolving.

The hotel, has a very good unique feel. The communal area downstairs is very comfortable and not corporate - good atmosphere.

clean place
    • penta Standard Room

the restaurant, Pizza was not good, seemed to be a frozen pizza not made fresh..and was charged for drinks that I did not have. it was redeemed after I notified them. reception messed up my taxi so I was late and missed my train.

clean place

The Hotel had really great feel to it.
    • penta Standard Room

The Hotel had really great feel to it. The restaurant and bar just awesome, so cozy. We travelled with kids and they enjoyed the playstation by the bar a lot, which meant some quiet time for me :)

Pleasant stay
    • penta Standard Room

The room doesn't have a teapot, tea or coffee. No iron.

We liked the modern ambiance of the hotel, especially during the night. One can play pool in the lobby or chill out in one of the cozy and comfy armchairs surrounded by candlelight. The hotel lobby is quite romantic at night. The hotel is very clean. The fitness area is superb: good equipment in good condition. The sauna offers free apples, water, towels, tv-set and an amazing roof terrace! The area nearby the hotel (Old-Kopenick) is charming. It's an old town packed with tiny restaurants, castles, etc. Nice to walk around. All in all, the hotels is a good value for its price!

Very friendly staff, spacious room, comfortable beds, nice...
    • penta Standard Room

Air conditioning was quite loud, we'd asked for a double bed, but got a room with two single beds, a mini bar would have been nice.

Very friendly staff, spacious room, comfortable beds, nice bar and restaurant

Pretty stay, not for regular tourists
    • penta Standard Room

It's far away from the city center. One must be aware of that before making a reservation.

It's stylish, well done and cozy. The decor is very cool, and beds are comfortable.

Great trendy hotel right down along the water.
    • penta Standard Room

I really don't like the 'free wifi'. It is impossibly slow. Yes, you can pay to get a much faster wifi connection, but I don't find this two-tier system at other hotels so I feel like it's a bit of a rip-off. However, this does not keep me from coming back to this hotel.

I have stayed at this Pentahotel previously and I come back for the atmosphere. The lobby/restaurant area definitely add a great lively and trendy feel, without being loud and obnoxious!

• penta Standard Room

No coffee or tea facilities in the room!! Our room was not cleaned, no fresh towels after our 1st night stay. When I questioned this at reception the lady told me that the room was not listed for cleaning and we have to use the same used towels and clean our room ourselves!!! No wardrobe for our clothes!! 2 single beds!!! Most discussing 4star hotel ever!!! A full complaint and refund claim will be submitted to booking. Com upon arrival back at home after our holiday...

Nothing!!

The gym/SPA facilities!
    • penta Standard Room

Some of the staff member are extremely rude. Particularly the lady at the front desk in the morning. Kitchen and waiting staff in the evening; fatal!

The gym/SPA facilities! The décor of the hotel is amazing!

Clean spacious room, quite silent for such big city.
    • penta Standard Room

Comfort was partly sacrifized for the sake of design and general modern-looking-open-space-style of the room. There is no wardrobe, only some small open shelfs without doors with the space not enough to keep the cloth for two persons.

Clean spacious room, quite silent for such big city. Very nice tropical-rain type shower.

Not recommended.
    • penta Standard Room

The hotel is showing a lot of wear and tear. It feels grubby and a bit dirty. The carpets etc weren't fresh. The shower is over the bath and you have to climb into it. The food in the restaurant was really bad. We had nachos and a burger each. We did not eat the Burgers and were still charged full price for them. Staff didn't really seem to care. I would advise people to go into the city and don't eat at this hotel. I would not stay here again.

The bed was very comfortable

To stay in a hotel, cost money and therefore the customer must be felt welcome.
    • penta Standard Room

The staff of the Hotel should be taught the: Der Kunde ist der König. I found the Little Girl on the reception, unfriendly and when I asked her about WIFI she hardly explained the Details. I then asked her to write a word down that I did not understand and I had the Feeling that was too much for her. Also, I wanted to eat in the Hotel and was treated not with respect, so I decided to leave and had a meal in a restaurant in town which was much to my liking. I came to Berlin to watch a Football game and I was delighted that my Team, QPR , were also staying in this Hotel. If it was not for the unfriendlyness of the staff then I would recommend this Hotel. Bottom line: The customer is the king. At least, that is what I have been taught.

Did not eat breakfast, I found nearly 18 euros much too much. The mattress a Little too hard.

Wistful evening drinks overlooking the river
    • penta Standard Room

Nothing especially on the downside to be honest. I very rarely breakfast in hotels I stay in, I like to get out and about. I think the internet was a bit of a problem onto my l pad but apart from that all was well

I have been to Berlin every year since 1963 and have always, without fail, stayed near Savigny Platz. I saw a picture of this hotel on Booking. com and thought that looked nice. If you do not know Berlin the hotel is quite a way from the centre but since this was a holiday that was a bonus and actually once you know the times of the trains from the small S bahn it is not so much of a handicap. Copernik is a lovely area and there are lots of nice eating places by the river, The hotel was very friendly and helpful and I enjoyed sitting on their terrace over looking the river and having a late night drink. I shall CERTAINLY be going back, sooner rather than later I hope

Cool top-quality lounge hotel right next to Köpenick
    • penta Standard Room

Nothing really. Perhaps the slow WiFi (like pretty much all hotels in Berlin), the not-fresh Juice at breakfast (like pretty much everywhere in Berlin). But this is honestly all I could come up with.

Excellent breakfast, and I mean: excellent! Fantastic mattresses/beds. Very friendly staff. 'Cool' hangout for the night (very nice outside terrace, lounge spots etc.)

nice looking hotel, nice breakfast, wifi very poor and staff rather sad
    • penta Standard Room

Staff we re not very friendly nor manager. Breakfast staff we re more smiley.

Very nice looking hotel, Overall nice funky design both in reception and rooms.

A real home from home
    • penta Standard Room

The only weakness is the internet capacity as this was really not working very well. with the roaming free now not a real problem

An almost perfect hotel and due to its very spicy and cozy layout downstairs and terrace, a real home from home. The staff is excellent in terms of capabilities, friendniless and customer orientation. nothing is too much... The location is very good but not down town Berlin. however, the area is very nice with plenty of restaurants at walking distance.

Within reach of SXF: this is your hotel choice!
    • penta Standard Room

1. WiFi MyCloud is not really satisfactory both in interface and speed. Recommend to add a few €€s to the room rate and include free high-speed WiFi as it should be 2. Green soap is too sticky

A perfect concept, comfortable, well located, friendly, well priced

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

i don't recommend it. Not value for money
    • penta Standard Room

First of all the internet connection in the room was literally terrible.It took 10 min to open a simple page. Secondly,the first day we didn't have warm water till 18.30, due to maintenance of the facility. Since it was programmed, i don't understand why they didn't even have the courtesy to inform us earlier, or at least to provide something to their guests for all this inconvience. Just for the gesture. And third of all, some of the personnel had a really indifferent behavior. They told us that the maintenance was going to last till 17.00. So when we called the reception at 18.00 to tell them that the water was still cold,they responded with a totally indiffenent (unprofessional) tone, "that well i cannot do anything,i don't know, it might take another half an hour". Not even a sorry. Ok i understard that the technical repair might take longer, but at these situations you expect from the service of a 4star hotel to behave accordingly and at least professionally. From the restaurant we tried the cheece burger,the quallity was not according to the price. In overall, i woudn't recommend it, especially if it's going to be for a business trip as it was for us.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

nightmare overall experience
    • penta Standard Room

this is 1 of the worse overall experiences ive had with a hotel in my life, they took the full payment and reserved it when I checked in and then took the full payment the day I left and kept hold of the reserved payment for 2 weeks, it wasn't till I complained to booking.com that I finally got my money back but they also said I bought 3 breakfasts that I didn't, when I proved this wasn't the case they said it was for drinks even though I paid cash, I was also told the hotel takes 25 euro a day in case you charge anything to your room, the staff seem uninterested and more interested in how the look than doing their job properly. the hotel itself is nice but there is nothing to do outside of it with the centre about 40 minutes away, I would avoid this hotel after the experience ive had.

the food and hotel where great

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

6.0
    Not recommended for city break
    • penta Standard Room

breakfast too expensive, bathroom of a 3 star at most, way too far from Berlin center. we paid too much for what we got. I wouldn't recommand. Though the staff was amazing and very helpful

we liked the reception, the bar, the staff

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Kopenick is lovely, quite close to Shoenefeld and not bad for city. Funky cool hotel
    • penta Standard Room

One evening when my wife was at the bar alone because I had flown to Norway, one of the bar staff (girls) was very cold towards her. It made her feel uncomfortable

This hotel has one of the best bars I have ever seen in a hotel and i've seen plenty of hotels. Mirror balls, sofas, music and candles everywhere

Fairly good hotel outside Berlin
    • penta Standard Room

Cons; -slow internet -no minibar and no glasses - a bit noisy from the street, even in 4 th. floor - the food (fish&chips and carpaccio) in the restaurant was very poor,stating it mildly

Pros; -very big bed -good easy parking in garage - good heating in room - good shower and bath - free botle of water - very cosy lobby and bar with a pool-table - friendly staff

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Convenient to Adlershof
    • penta Plus Room

The free wifi was essentially useless. (Fortuately the paid wifi was fine.)

Thenlounge area was spacious and offered a comfortable area to get some laptop work done. The breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Save your money and go somewhere where guests are appreciated.
    • penta Plus Room

the girl that checked us in was unbelievably surly. She was not only not helpful but was rude in her demeanor. I routinely review hotels for booking and this is the first time I have written a bad review for staff. This girl acted irritated when I asked about parking on the street rather than paying for parking. She said that was not possible. (false). She acted as if she did not understand when I asked for directions to gas station nearby. When finally she said she knew where one was she gave us faulty directions. She wrote our room number wrong on the card and offered no apology when we had to go back for proper instructions. The air conditioning in the room would not cool the room and the night was hot. The decorations in the room were schizophrenic. Overall this is the worst experience for the money we have had on booking.

location was pretty good for airport and restaurants nearby

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

There were dirty stains on my bed matras, lucky there were 2...
    • penta Standard Room

There were dirty stains on my bed matras, lucky there were 2 beds in my room, even the next day housekeeping did not clean it.. also the hamburger was not so nice, it was almost black roasted...

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Good value hotel, a bit far from Berlin centre but beautifully located in Kopenick.
    • penta Standard Room

At arrival the billed amount was immediately withdrawn on credit card instead of just secured, in spite of me informing that I would pay cash. Here 2 days after checked out I still wait for that amount to be refunded. Looks like an improper procedure.

BF was not pre-ordered (asking price expensive 17 EUR) but purchased at the reception, where offered at 11 EUR. And worth it.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Very nice staff
    • penta Plus Room

I felt that the room was not as good as represented in the photos, also the was no refrigerator or microwave, for the amount of money t took to stay there, I would think it would be all inclusive. also the parking is not sufficient, we payed 8.00 a day and some days there was no spaces left due to people coming in to drink and smoke on the restaurant patio,

the staff was very nice, food was good, location by the water was nice

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Nice hotel
    • penta Standard Room

Some of the staff is not friendly at all, the day we arrived we wanted to have one drink in the bar at 10:30 pm and were told by some lady that the reception/bar that the bar was closed! Next day came back to the hotel at 3 am from sightseeing, the guy at the reception/bar was happy to sell us a couple of drinks Only booked this place since it was close to a wedding venue, if you you want to go sightseeing pick a different hotel since this is quite far away (30min by taxi or 50min train/tram) to city centre

Nice rooms and reception area Free Ice cream one day! By the river

ok
    • penta Standard Room

Buffet dinner - too expensive and not that good Room was smelly (like it was used by smokers)

Comfortable room Excellent breakfast

Coole Location - nettes Personal

Coole Location - nettes Personal

Nice hotel, but far away from downtown.
    • penta Standard Room

Nice hotel, but far away from downtown.

Interesting accommodation, marvelous breakfast

Interesting accommodation, marvelous breakfast

During my next trip in Berlin I surely will stay here again.
    • penta Standard Room

Everything about this hotel was okay, arrival, departure (handling of), room, staff, breakfast, and last but not least the price.

Good service and entertainment

HDMI not working Slow internet

Good service and entertainment

Beautiful hotel with lots of personality. Be ready to commute quite a bit.
    • penta Standard Room

The location though nothing to do there. Make sure you have coins to pay for transportation on the tram.

Room and facilities.

Great !
    • penta Standard Room

Hotel Service, ambience,staff and portion of food servings very good,very fresh.

Very clean.

Very clean. Great lounge

It has a modern design and good facilities.
    • penta Standard Room

Service at the bar was a bit slow

It has a modern design and good facilities. Everything was very comfortable.

Pleasant stay

No pool or jacuzzi

Bar very over priced.

The bed was super comfy, the room big, lovely staff and location was superb.

Good hotel but to much price for such location, can be useful only if you traveling by car.
    • penta Standard Room

This hotel charge me twice

Restaurant with amazing view on a small marina.

The bed was very comfortable.
    • penta Standard Room

No drinking making facilities in room .

The bed was very comfortable. The lounge/bar area had a good relaxed vibe about it. Good tomato soup.

Had an amazing stay! Nice hotel, clean rooms, great breakfast and friendly staff!

Great breakfast

Amazing
    • penta Standard Room

The location was a little further out then I thought from the city.

The bar was exceptional and they had a gaming console in the foyer 😍

Room does not contain any drink or minibar

Room does not contain any drink or minibar

Amazing hotel with a "mega-hammer" atmosphere

Weather:)

Amazing hotel with a great atmosphere Great staff Very comfortable and cozy

• penta Standard Room

Great location, very cosmopolitan hotel

Couldn't fault the hotel, but it was just a little far...
    • penta Standard Room

Couldn't fault the hotel, but it was just a little far from my conference.

A cool retreat amid the madness of berlin
    • penta Standard Room

Toilet smelled a bit. Bfast v overpriced.

..comfy bed, excellent foyer chill out area. A very cool modern hotel.

Really cool hotel let down by staff
    • penta Standard Room

The staff weren't very friendly

The decor was really nice. The breakfast had a great selection and nice to sit out next to the marina.

Rooms were spacious, beds very comfortable
    • penta Standard Room

A bit a long trip to Berlin city centre

Rooms were spacious, beds very comfortable The village of Köpenick also has charm

Good facilities at a good value.

Wi Fi very slow.

Facilities and staff

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Awesome breakfast, nice location if you want to be in...
    • penta Standard Room

Awesome breakfast, nice location if you want to be in Köpenick

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Very good breakfast, friendly staff, warm atmosphere, good...
    • penta Plus Room

Wi-Fi connection was bad so we paid extra in order to have access.

Very good breakfast, friendly staff, warm atmosphere, good parking place.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

OK. Nothing more
    • penta Standard Room

Rooms our a bit old fashion but more than ok. The girls behind the reception are not so friendly.

Cosy bar and restaurant

Perfect for all

All

Beautiful hotel
    • penta Standard Room

The food was not great. Also, the service was spotty.

The hotel was wonderful! It had a really nice vibe and the decor was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

very poor internet

very poor internet

friendly frontdesk girl

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Ideal for a quick walk to the football.
    • penta Standard Room

No Sausages for breakfast & self serve coffee.

Comfy room.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Excellent value for the money ...
    • penta Standard Room

* - Slow WiFi (both paid and free)

* - Nice facilities * - Clean * - Good food * - Excellent value for the money

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Really cool hotel
    • penta Standard Room

The free wifi was useless

Really cool hotel, great bar and restaurant area, lovely staff and comfy clean room.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Lake side

Everything, especially the huge comfy bed

Everything, especially the huge comfy bed

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

great breakfast, location on bank of the river, atmosphere...
    • penta Standard Room

great breakfast, location on bank of the river, atmosphere of the hotel

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

good stay "close" to Berlin City

price for breakfast

open space in the hall close to river and village

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Really loved the quirky modern styling.

German hotel pillows in general are too soft and unsupportive. Hotel a little off the beaten track but a pretty location with good access to Berlin.

Really loved the quirky modern styling. Rooms were modern and comfortable and breakfast was excellent. Staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

I liked the breakfast and the lounge area

I didn't like the attitude of the entire staff as they are very inflexible and rude in their manners - as staff is the most important thing in a hotel the entire experience proved to be super stressful and not my cup of tea I would avoid the hotel in the future The mattress on the bed is quite stiff Cleaners have left 2 times in a row the window open - as a result the room was freezing on our return from ITB Cleaners didn't pick up a coffee cup for 2 days in a row

I liked the breakfast and the lounge area

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

The staff was not very professional when I checked in - gave no information at all about internet. parking, restaurant, facilities available in the hotel, breakfast? The decor was very plain and this should be considered a 3* property.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

The hotel had really cool vibes and the lounge was awesome...

The hotel is a bit of a walk from the station and trains don't run very frequently so it a lot of time goes to waste in waiting for the train.

The hotel had really cool vibes and the lounge was awesome to just sit and chill in!

There are also 50 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.