Reviews of pentahotel Wiesbaden This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Abraham-Lincoln-Str. 17, 65189 Wiesbaden, Germany

#41 of 48 hotels in Wiesbaden

Good stay in a swanky hotel.
    • penta Standard Room

Outside door access. Once I went out one of the doors to walk my dog, I had to walk all the way around the building to get back in through the front door.

Easy accommodations for my dog.

Hot and stuffy.
    • penta Standard Room

The air conditioning of the ENTIRE hotel was not working. The staff kept saying they would send somebody up to check it, knowing full well the system was completely down. Staff was no longer trustworthy and did not offer any offset for the extremely uncomfortable night I had there. I will not return.

€7 for a bottle of water was disgusting.
    • penta Standard Room

€7 for a bottle of water was disgusting. €17 per day to use the car park (it is not central, so you need a car); you cannot charge parking to the room - you have to pay cash and the machine does not take anything larger than a €20. I found myself queuing up in reception for change, so don't try to leave in a hurry. And if I'd had no cash, I would have been screwed.

Not a bad value.
    • penta Standard Room

Shower design was small but efficient.

Nice bar and lounge area. Room was small and updated but aged so the comfortable and large nice bar and restaurant made for a wonderful hotel environment.

The decor was great.
    • penta Standard Room

The room had a mildew smell, not sure why and they only had 1 towel for both of us. It took about 45 minutes to get another towel, I’d suggest a couple of extra towels in the guest rooms.

The decor was great. Our room was perfect for the night. Location excellent and the breakfast and bar were also very good.

Very modern, stylish, nice breakfast with lots of options,...
    • penta Standard Room

No office desk at the lobby to work and print, you can print documents via sending it to reception.

Very modern, stylish, nice breakfast with lots of options, nice comfy rooms, easy parking, easy check in and check out, friendly staff, amazing soaps, creams and gels in the bathroom

Nice rooms, friendly staff, all spoke perfect English
    • penta Standard Room

All services are charged extra (parking, breakfast, etc) which, when spending 170 euros a night just because there is a trade show 25km away is a bit much.

Nice rooms, friendly staff, all spoke perfect English

Pleasant one night stay in Wiesbaden
    • penta Standard Room

The parking was a little pricey, 17 Euro a day. I would park on the street the next time I went there to avoid the charge.

The bed was big and very comfortable! The bathroom was a nice size and had really nice toiletries. The hotel was very close to where my class was, so the location was excellent. The staff were very helpful and pleasant.

Comfort and space is what we needed and received.

Parking could have been cheaper for those staying at the hotel.

We have stayed at this hotel for years. The suites are amazing, and the triple rooms are more than accommodating. The reason we keep coming back is its location to our event site and the bathroom

The hotel was inviting and clean.
    • penta Standard Room

On checkout the receptionist, young blonde girl with glasses, was very rude. Your lucky the professional black haired girl was there to rescue your buisness review.

The decor was very welcoming and surprising.

Great Business trip hotel!
    • penta Standard Room

The breakfast is alway great! The staff is friendly and helpful. This was my 3rd or 4th time to stay at the PentaHotel. I always enjoy my time there!

Easy to get to from the highway, close to my girlfriends...
    • penta Triple Room

At night the noise in the hallway was extrem, people talking and screaming loudly, booked a three bed room only got two and for three people we only had one towel with big holes :(

Easy to get to from the highway, close to my girlfriends house, super cool and trendy lounge and reception area

Not in the best location but a friendly knowledgeable staff
    • penta Standard Room

The location is a bit off the beaten path

Not in the best location but a friendly knowledgeable staff Full selection of food at breakfast The room was clean and more than adequate I highly recommend a stay at this hotel Very good value!

It was nice 9 day stay and the restaurant and bar in the hotel was an added bonus
    • penta Junior Suite

Sofa bed wasn’t as comfortable as I would have liked.

The penta junior suite was perfect for 3 people. The room was much larger then me and my friends expected.

Could have been better, felt it was all a little too much effort. The hotel does not feel four star

The hotel is tired, our rooms were not that clean, there were two pillows on the bed in the room that I had booked for three of us, the bed was plenty big enough but the spare pillows provided did not have cases. My friend's room was also for three, there were two beds but not enough duvets, when she asked for an additional one it was brought up at half past midnight - this is not good enough when travelling with children. I also did not appreciate the adult channel being available as my children scrolled through the television offering. Breakfast was expensive and I feel parking was too, given we had paid nearly three hundred euros for two rooms for one night.

Pretty hotel with a nice restaurant/bar in the lobby. Very friendly English-speaking staff.
    • penta Standard Room

Possibly the slowest free Wi-Fi ever! I'd recommend the 7€ per day high-speed just to avoid the frustration.

Polite, multi-lingual (English-speaking) staff. Fun and funky décor. Very comfy beds! I loved the free bathroom amenities kit, good quality products! A little on the pricier side, but I thought it was well worth the cost. A small room service menu is available.

The location overall was not bad.
    • penta Standard Room

My initial check-in was a nightmare. The front desk clerk (Nico) gave me the wrong room 3 times after a day of travel the last thing you want to deal with is a front desk clerk that has a freaking attitude. I'm not asking for anything special just do your job.. Good customer service goes a seriously long way.

The location overall was not bad.

Weisbaden is great.....just avoid staying at the Penta Hotel. Too far from town centre.
    • penta Junior Suite

There is nothing around the hotel. No restaurants, no bars, and a long walk alongside a dual carriageway to get into the town centre, or infrequent bus service or spend a fortune on taxis. No tea/coffee making facilities. No bath. No mini bar. No local information in room. Stained carpet. Dirty furnishings. Beds not made up. 2 towels for 3 people. No breakfast included. Noisy heating/air con. Chose this as we've stayed at a Penta before. Unfortunately, won't be staying at Penta in the future. Tried to change booking, but no response from staff. Poor, poor, poor!

Wiesbaden is brilliant. HOWEVER, stay centrally NOT in the Penta. Thermal baths are excellent in town, as was a meal at Das Burger.

Convenient to my destination.
    • penta Standard Room

The WiFi is terrible and so was the dinner I ordered through room service. Also the morning cleaning person just knocked and walked in thankfully I had the latch on because he didn’t even give me time to answer before trying to enter my room.

The morning staff is much friendlier and more hospitable than the evening staff.

Just a stopover to go to airport next day.
    • penta Triple Room

Being charged to park on property. Had to park on a public street. On arrival it was hard to turn around. Entry easy. Had to turn into a slot and carefully back up then a tight turn. No bellman to help. Had to handle all my own luggage.

The hotel has easy access from the the highway.
    • penta Standard Room

The staff was not friendly at all. We went down to get dinner at the restaurant. No one would come to take our order I had to look for a server to get menus. Once we got the orders the waiter forgot the silverware, the drinks were served last. Food was not what we expected and definitely overpriced for what we had. At check in I decided to add the breakfast for the 5 of us but in the morning we didn't appear on the list, which is understandable i guess since we arrived late. But we had a waiter stock to us like white on rice, I kept telling him that I knew my rate did not included breakfast but I added it at check in and I would pay for it , but he would go ask or check with the FD. I had to personally go find and talk to the FD to get this cleared. I do understand that the waiter was doing his job but at the same time there are ways to do it without making you feel uncomfortable.

The hotel has easy access from the the highway. And it is easy to drive into the city too.

Awesome hip hotel. Friendly staff. Good value.
    • penta Standard Room

They changed the restaurant menu to a mostly American menu. But the food was still excellent. Street parking is always a challenge to find an open spot. 17€ to park on the premise.

Excellent staff, hip, unique hotel. My favorite in the area. Good value for the money. Great breakfast.

For the amount of money we spent I was not expecting the...
    • penta Standard Room

For the amount of money we spent I was not expecting the property to be as nice as it was! The room was spotless, bed was comfortable and the shower was amazing. The bar and restaurant was a great perk. Especially since there was a pool table and video game system to occupy the kids.

Great hotel with fantastic lobby/bar area, and spacious room. Parking charges are ridiculous.
    • penta Standard Room

The parking. Frankly, it's a bit ridiculous. The car park was almost empty yet they charge €2 per hour or €17 overnight. I parked on the street which was free and very close to the hotel. Either the hotel should stop charging or charge at a much reduced rate. It seems pointless charging so much and having an empty car park. Allowing guests to park for free or for much less would add much more value to the hotel.

The room was very spacious with a nice big bed, big shower, big bathroom, and stylish modern facilities. The lobby/bar area is also really cool with a nice pool room, plenty of comfy seating areas to chill out, and even a PlayStation set up for some gaming. Would've been nice to have more time to enjoy this part of the hotel.

I had issues with my TV, and the staff was very helpful in...
    • penta Standard Room

Wifi is really slow. I couldn't even watch YouTube videos. Location is in a safe area, but there really isn't anything worthwhile to see or places to eat within walking distance. Air conditioning existed, but it wasn't very strong.

I had issues with my TV, and the staff was very helpful in getting it to work again. The elevators (lifts) have very interesting theme (looks like an aquarium), and that can really brighten your day.

Pratcical
    • penta Standard Room

The accommodation served the purpose of our trip with our pet dog, the room was not overly clean and was small.

The lounge / eating area of the bar / reception was comfortable and food good. Staff were polite and welcoming. We were able to park on the road just outside for free so that was a bonus.

Modern, friendly and fun elevators
    • penta Triple Room

We felt the price for breakfast was too much, but may be worth it if you had more time to enjoy all they had to offer. Parking is expensive, but free parking is available on the street.

The hotel has been recently renovated and has modern facilities. The elevators had a fun aquatic theme. The rain shower was fantastic. The free toiletries, water, internet and television were a nice bonus. The lounge includes a big billiards table and places to sit and relax.

Trendy, very comfortable - hotel
    • penta Standard Room

For 2 people on a bicycle tour it was a bit far out from Mainz at the end of a big day riding along the Rhein.

Huge comfortable bed, lovely toiletries, good to have a restaurant on site - quiet locaton. Great staff

The receptions attitued were highly good.
    • penta Standard Room

First the check in & out timewas not suitibul as we had to check in exactly at 15:00 and check out exactly at 12:00. However, the room services cleaners were very unproffisional and un freindly. Even i had the (do not disturb sticker) hanged bebind the room door, the room sevices nocked the door the entire during of my stay there. Thats y i would highly suggest to chase the man who is working in the room service part of this hotel.

The receptions attitued were highly good.

Personnel is very helpful.
    • penta Standard Room

the hotel is old and requires renovation in the rooms. the photos look nice, but only because of good professional photographer.

Personnel is very helpful.

Comfortable
    • penta Standard Room

Hotel has a parking space but it is not free.

Big and comfortable beds. Clean room, large windows and good location. Free wifi. Staff was very helpful and did their best to make our stay better.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Awful
    • penta Standard Room

Where do I start? The restaurant is a nightmare. It is basically an extension of the bar/reception desk, very badly lit with loud and awful disco music and lighting. Not that big but even on a Sunday night only one table free. As detailed in other reviews, the staff have been trained to ignore all guests, so much so that I was not the only one standing up and going to the bar to order food then coffee and even then needed to ask if I could actually order something . Burger (when it arrived) was almost cold and fries were definitely crispy (probably due to being fried in old fat). Asked for a glass of wine (Merlot) which was absolutely revolting. Complained and was told by rude waitress, without even trying it, that it was OK and other guests had not complained. Looked around and couldn't see anyone else actually drinking red wine. Listed on bill as 0,2 ltr, which it never was either. Summary: they sell terrible wine and rip you off as well. Room was next problem: Next to quite loud highway but worst noise was faulty aircon/heating which turned the fan on every 20 minutes all night even though it was switched off. As noted parking was a ridiculous € 17 but they tell you in advance so can't really complain, will just go elsewhere next time and recommend you do as well.

Breakfast buffet was quite good

Staff were Outstanding
    • penta Triple Room

Appreciate the support from the desk staff in helping us retrieve our car key which unfortunately dropped in between elevator and the hotel. Could they put a grate to prevent this from happening in the future?

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Good food, nice rooms
    • penta Standard Room

Only thing that could be better is parking price for overnight was a bit steep.

All round great place to stay. Dinner has burgers, steaks, fish and chips or even traditional German, rooms are clean with WiFi, breakfast buffet has a variety of European and American items. Also like how close it is to base

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Very good, just as last year.
    • penta Plus Room

availability of table at the restaurant, poor internet connection, car parking system not working problem free

atmosphere, breakfast, size of the room, cleanliness

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Convenient hotel in all aspects
    • penta Standard Room

Easy reachable from the Autobahn. Great & spacious rooms, nice bathroom with bath & shower including all amenities. Last but not least a great breakfast selection in the morning. Good value for money !

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Nice hotel facilities, Dirty rooms
    • penta Standard Room

- Room really dirty, several customers already complained when I arrived to check out

- Modern lobby and overall design - Nice bar - Parking possibility

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Staff were very helpful, room was clean and tidy, the...
    • penta Junior Suite

The free wifi is just about ok if what you need to do is send / receive a few light e-mails, for anything more substantial you will definitely need to pay for the upgrade

Staff were very helpful, room was clean and tidy, the location was just about perfect for the office we needed to visit (only 100 yards away)

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Awful
    • penta Junior Suite

Terrible internet even when I paid extra for it. Room smelled like smoke after special request for non smoking room. A/C did not work for first 3 days. Staff was not pleasant. Had to beg for service. Sat at counter for 5 minutes and personnel just walked by as if I did not exist...on several occasions during my 7 day stay. Used to be good place to stay however most likely won't stay there again.

Decent location as I had to travel the highways to and from work

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Free wifi
    • penta Standard Room

No fridge ..in the room No cabord .. in the room No room service .. to the rooms No free parking for gusts. .. No good room smell in the room .. Car parking for gusts is very expensive. .. should be free

Free wifi

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Cheap crowded hotel!
    • penta Plus Room

Highly trafficked. Noisy. Concert in the car park on Friday night, next to the rooms. Cheap housekeeping won't even change the soap/shampoo if I have some leftover. Too crowded. Don't like sharing tables with others at breakfast. People standing drinking and smoking in the middle of the road.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Average hotel
    • penta Standard Room

Bad pillows, no daily room service, very poor internet. Adding breakfast to my booking would've have literally doubled the price of the stay. This, I do not understand.

Food was very good, but pricy.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

hotel stay
    • penta Standard Room

no microwave and refrigerator in the room, the room is not clean enough has some spider web at the ceiling and little mold at the bathroom.

the lobby settings

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Trendy hotel with good food, free billiards and greatly priced!
    • penta Standard Room

The only improvements I could recommend was the AC in the room didn't really work which made the sheets and bedding in the room feel damp. Also the one thing this place is missing is a pool, that would put this place way over the top!

This hotel was in a perfect location,IMO! it was 15-20 minutes from Frankfurt airport and a short 5-10 minute drive to beautiful downtown Weisbaden! The staff was very friendly and especially helpful. Very close to Pokéstops in Pokémon GO!

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Rooms were great value, clean, staff were very friendly.
    • penta Junior Suite

Location is great for US military, but the city center isn't easily accessible. But this is personal preference and nothing to do with the hotel. The hotel is awesome!

Rooms were great value, clean, staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

The size of the bed

I booked a triple room with higher rate than the double room, when i checked in they shocked me that the reservation is for 4 people and if u want an extra bed we will charge u extra €25. Even if u are booking a triple room

The size of the bed

Great Stay!!!
    • penta Triple Room

No free parking. But roadside parking was available and in a safe location...

Great rooms... Modern, Clean with Great Showers...

Would stay again and happy to recommend
    • penta Plus Room

Reception was in the bar area. no privacy for talking to reception staff

Friendly Staff, Clean hotel and comfortable room.

Extra large beds and very nice breakfast with a lot of...
    • penta Standard Room

The free wifi was extremely slow.

Extra large beds and very nice breakfast with a lot of options.

The service

The service

Nice breakfast, albeit a bit pricey.
    • penta Standard Room

Nice breakfast, albeit a bit pricey.

After a testing week was just what I needed. Great steak in retaurant.
    • penta Standard Room

Good variety, good coffee, bacon crisp and hot

Location, food, staff.

Expensive parking

Location, food, staff.

Great stay again!
    • penta Standard Room

It is always a pleasure to stay at the Penta!

Breakfast was excellent, very kind staff.
    • penta Standard Room

Breakfast was excellent, very kind staff.

Nice clean and comfortable
    • penta Standard Room

Breakfast and parking exceptionally expensive

Nice clean and comfortable

I will book there again.
    • penta Standard Room

The breakfast was very good. the staff was great, the hotel has a great atmosphere.

I enjoyed my stay the staff is always friendly and helpful

I enjoyed my stay the staff is always friendly and helpful

Great breakfast
    • penta Standard Room

Hot room. Couldn’t turn air on

Great breakfast

A massive bed.

A massive bed...nice!!

It was a nice property.
    • penta Standard Room

The gym didn't have any towels when it normally does.

It was a nice property.

Very nice, everything was very modern, nice bathroom, easy...
    • penta Standard Room

Very nice, everything was very modern, nice bathroom, easy parking.

Breakki was good , the Hotel bar is nice and very busy

the Hotel needs some TLC very soon , PH in Berlin is much nicer

Breakki was good , the Hotel bar is nice and very busy

Awesome and comforting.

Everything.

Really enjoyed staying at this hotel for the third time...and we will do again.

Nil

The comfort of the room and the breakfast was superb.

This is a great hotel i will be back.
    • penta Triple Room

Location and the service at the barand front desk.

Good location for me close to Base and train station and PX.

The Staff were great.

The Staff were great.

Staff is great at this hotel.
    • penta Standard Room

Staff is great at this hotel. The food is very good as well.

Pleasant
    • penta Standard Room

could not able to find a supermarket near by

Friendly Staff

Geras

The internet is poor

Dont go there
    • penta Standard Room

The way they took control on my credit card

Nothing special about this place

All was great

All was great

Food

Food

Good enough
    • penta Standard Room

Location was far from the downtown

Very comfortable room, friendly staffs

Nice n friendly environment but expensive parking area
    • penta Standard Room

No free parking inside the propertyas other hotels and the cost fr parking is too expensive

The quick response to requests

Browse pentahotel Wiesbaden traveller photo gallery