Reviews of Hotel Pizzeria VENEZIA

Niedersohrener Straße 14, 55487 Sohren, Germany

#2 of 7 hotels in Sohren

Although the place is clean and cozy, there awkward bits, like a hole in the bathroom door and small signs that the place is getting old.

The location is nice and quiet. The restaurant is great. The room is cozy and the staff is nice.

We landed after 11 p.m. to the Airport, the owner came to take us, but he hadn't information about our stay in the hotel. Thanks God, there was free room and we had where to stay :)

Warm room, comfortable bed, very helpful owner. Free Airport shuttle - great service.

Price is a little bit high for such simple room. Though, nothing to complain about. Bad soundproofing.

Not far from the airport. Late check-in. Nice italian owner.

Simple but perfect for overnight stay while waiting for another flight. Comfy beds, clean and cozy rooms and friendly staff. Free and fast airport shuttle.

breakfast did not take, I can not evaluate it

A great place to relax between flights. Fast free transfer. Upon arrival we immediately received the room keys. I want to draw your attention to the fact that the huge advantage of this hotel is the possible time of check-in! It is much earlier than other hotels. The room is of a normal size, very cozy and warm. A good pressure of hot water. The town itself is very small and only suitable for short walks and a snack. At six in the morning a reverse transfer was ordered and it was provided to the nearest minute. I think we will come back more than once :)

THE staff went out of there way to make it easy for me to get to and from the airport and bus start ions always offering a lift and advice. Very friendly and kind people.

This is a family owned hotel and the service is impeccable. It makes a change from the rather indifferent chain hotels. Nothing was too much trouble. The owner collected us from the airport and his son dropped us off in the morning. We had two separate rooms, a single and a double, as we were travelling with an adult son. Both were good. It is very quiet in the countryside and a peaceful nights sleep was had. Good beds and pillows. The restaurant belonging to the hotel was excellent. The food selection caters to every taste, portions are good and very well priced. Heartily recommended. The breakfast was absolutely adequate and I would unhesitatingly stay here again, when travelling.

the owners were very helpful and friendly. They collected us 10 minutes after I phoned them. they have a lovely Italian restaurant very good and exceptional value for money. Clean and great location

Would be nice to have an electric kettle for making a tea or coffee before an early flight.

Great place for your stay between flights, and the best is that there aren't worries about getting to or from Hahn airport in time as owners offer free airport shuttle.

Mattresses very weird. Sound proof is definitely not something that this property has. We could hear everyone walking and speaking. Sound proof is not available there.

Shuttle was excellent to/from the airport. Sleep was alright but the bed could have been more comfortable. A good thing about this place is that they have a pizzeria as well so it is convenient to go for a dinner in the evening not having to wonder around the village searching for the place to eat.

We stayed there a few times, this time the bed in the room we had was not as good as in their other rooms.

The location, and they will provide an airport shuttle when we need one.

refused booking "questionable system" did not like Booking.com..I think was told that my credit card was not accepted ( I offer two Cards ) All of them are ok as I have booked two other Hotels. Maybe you should take this Hotel of your list

nothing. was perfect for my needs.

the room was comfort and clean, the staff came to take me (free of charge) from and to the airport. nice people, amazing value for the money.

This was our second time in staying at this property, and they were just as great as the first time we stayed. The hotel is within a 10 min drive of the Frankfurt-Hahn airport.

They gave us a free ride to the airport, very friendly service! It was also very inexpensive. Perfect for a short overnight stay close to the airport!

Needed a hotel to sleep 3-4 hours ahead of an early morning flight from HAHN. Perfect if you are in a similar situation and would rather not pay more to stay closer to the airport. Facilities at this family run hotel is basic and old but is clean. Free airport pick up and drop off (even at 5am!)

Free airport transfers, which were easy to organise. Our flight wasn't due to leave until the evening but we were allowed to stay in the room until 5pm, nice touch and appreciated.

Perhaps a larger range of food for breakfast, otherwise nothing.

Very close to Frankfurt Hahn airport and although the room is rather sparse, it is extremely clean and comfortable. Our hosts were happy to greet us after midnight due to a late flight and were very friendly.

• Quadruple Room

A bit dated feeling in the rooms, but fine for short night stay befor early flight

Exellent for overnight before early flight from Hahn airport, very kind owner who offered free shuttle even 5 o`clock in the morning. We didn`t try restaurant, but seemed it is popular place for dinner also for locals.

There is a small vending machine for drinks, but for some reason it wouldn't work when I selected beer, although it worked when I selected soda. In any case, the staff refunded the money the machine ate when I mentioned it. One thing that would be nice is if the rooms had something for hot water/coffee/tea like many hotels; however, there is really nothing to complain about considering how low the price was. I've paid as much for hostels in some German cities and gotten much worse accommodations and much worse service. So kudos to the staff here--they do their job well.

I arrived at the airport after 11 p.m. I called and they sent someone to pick me up right away. The shuttle was clearly marked, with the hotel name printed on the side of the vehicle. The man who drove me gave me the key for the room and told me I'd pay in the morning. The price was very reasonable, and the room was a good size, with typical German windows and shutters, a sink for brushing teeth and so forth, and a small bathroom with toilet and shower. Soap and shampoo were provided, as were hand, floor, and body towels, plus a hairdryer and a cup for water. The bed was comfortable to me, though the mattress was split into two sections, so it might be different for couples.

Television screen in the room was very small but if you're only staying one night it doesn't matter really. I think the hotel had free wi-fi in any case.

Room was clean and staff friendly but could do with tea/coffee making facilities in room as it was a late arrival. There's a free shuttle taxi to/from the airport you need to arrange in advance. I got a taxi to the hotel then was given a free lift back to the airport next day to catch the bus into Frankfurt.

• Quadruple Room

Decor is a bit dated, but not a big deal because everything was very clean.

This hotel was perfect for a "Park, Sleep and Fly" hotel. Parking is free when staying at the hotel, and it costs 2.50 Euro per day for the days you leave the car there while away. The airport shuttle service is excellent and only takes 5 minutes to the airport.

Availability to contact the staff .. It's a family business and the parents luve there but that's separate to the rooms .. No reception tried to call them but fhey don't pick up the phone .. The room and place smells musty and its like a nursing home .. WiFi continually logs off every minute or so and sometimes the network can't be found .. Drove me mental .. The bed was so uncomfortable and I felt I was sliding off it .. TV didn't work so the son had to fix it .. The tvs are like the old hospital ones on the wall .. The son kept saying he doesn't have trouble with the Rv or any problems with the wifi ???? Read the reviews about the wifi If you want a cheap bed for the night and shuttle then it's okay but wouldn't stay there more than one night

The price and the shuttle bus.. The son who ran the place was friendly and tried to fix up the problems

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

The restaurant wasn't open on the night of our stay, but the was OK (we really wanted to try Tony's pizza!!) . The host recommended several other restaurants near by. We couldn't have been happier.

I like the fact that they offer a free shuttle service from airport Hahn and back. As a bonus, we can were allowed to keep our luggage with them whilst in Italy for 2 days. All of this to say, they are extremely hospitable, welcoming and they will go above and beyond to help you out.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

No complaints for a quick overnight stay.

I stay here quite often. It is a perfect park and fly set up when flying out of Hahn. Their free shuttle to and from the airport is very convenient.

It is a bit far(30 mins) from the Mosel river.Othervise we spent very good night.

We booked the hotel because it was twice as cheap as the guesthouses in Bernkastel.Rooms were nice and spacious.The staff was extremely nice and familiar.Beds have very good mattraces. The restaurant is very good.You are in region of wine there so the table wine was very good.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Tony, very kind host and punctual. Free airport shuttle, even early in the morning. Close to Hahn airport. Room furniture not so new, but has everything you need. Good size room. Beverage machine in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Shuttle to and from the airport was very convenient and easy. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean but you could hear neighbours. Perfect stay for an early flight from Frankfurt/Hahn

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

There's only stairs in the building. But it's not so high. Just little inconvenient for guests with suitcases.

Room is quiet, clean and warm. I arrived Hahn airport almost midnight, convenient shuttle service. Staffs are very friendly. And thanks a lot Tony!I lost my luggage on the way carelessly. He tried to comfort me and drove me to find it back at airport the next morning. Definitely I will recommend to my friends and choose here next time.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Angela and crew were great!! Very convenient check-in, excellent dinner in the restaurant, room was nice and warm, and punctual ride to the airport the next morning. I will stay there again in the not too distant future. Thank You All!!

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

It was cold and snowy outside and the doorbell wasn't immediately evident, so standing in the cold trying to figure out how to gain access was less than desirable.

Cleanliness was great and convenience of location to the airport was nice. The folks were friendly and the rooms were spacious with lots of amenities.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

We originally booked this hotel as it had the pizzeria conveniently located but when we arrived and went to check it out, it was closed and only found this out by contacting staff ourselves. We were also charged extra for a cot bed after the fact of the original booking including a request for a cot bed at no extra charge.

Beautiful area to walk around

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Quadruple Room

The hotel is just for one night: sleep and do directly to the airport.

Near Frankfurt Hahn airport. Good hotel if your Ryanair flight is as early as ours!

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Paper thin walls and doors. Semi scratchy bedding.

Plenty of space. Locks on doors. Wonderful owner an great pizzaria attached. Quiet little town. €2.50 for daily parking and free shuttle to Haun. Overall, worth the money ten times over. €60 for three beds in same room for one night. Shuttle took us to the airport at 5am and was incredibly prompt when we called to be picked up.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

The room had a strange layout with the sink outside of the bathroom, the bathroom was very small and was not able to connect to wifi. Also the breakfast didn't go that well because there was not enough food for all the people that arrived at the same time, only one person working there was not enough to do it all.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

For 35€ it's not fair to ask more. Everything was ok. It's a nice accommodation and very convenient if you need the airport.

Very friendly Staff. Free shuttle to the airport. Free Wi-Fi. Good restaurant attached. Comfortable room and cheap. The boss Tony. Grazie

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

I needed to spend a night at the hotel before an early flight, and it was perfect for that. The shuttle service was very convenient. And thanks for the alarm clock :)

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

When I arrive heating was turned off and even window was open in bathroom! You can imagine how unpleasant was shower at that temperature (outside it was 10C). And in room was no additional blanket. I turned on heating but it was not strong enough to warm very cold room in few hours. So I must slept dressed. When I write them about this problem they don't answer.

I need shuttle to hotel at evening and back to airport at morning, and it was no problem and for free. It's only 5 minutes drive from airport.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The rooms were very cold and outdated. Mines smelled of stale smoke. Wifi didint work well in my room. Nothing to see or do around, only good to get to airport. I found the room a bit overpriced for what it was.

Close to the airport and free transfer

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The internet there wasn't great for wifi but it could just be the area.

The owner and family were very accommodating. They drove us back and forth from the airport when we needed to go into town.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Matress was not to my liking Looked a little dated

The rooms were good in size The restaurant food was super And cheap Great staff Great value for money

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Was not able to have breakfast due to a lack of staff off on holiday.

The owner was fabulous! Polite, friendly, attentive and respectful. The facilities were very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

it's strange that owner didn't ask if i wanted breakfast in the morning.

My plane was late and i landed after 0.30 but the owner came to pick me from airport and he seemed to be in good mood despite late flight. Cosy clean room.Great free airport shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

No negatives at all

Excellent value for money, very well looked after with a family atmosphere and a free airport transfer included. What could be better!!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Came too late and did not get a chance to taste the pizza. Maybe next time :)

very welcoming host. We did not use the shuttle service, but this is definitely an advantage. Place is "old school style" but still clean and well kept. Perfect overnight stay near Hahn airport.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

Nice little place handy place to stay a night if your getting in to frankfurt hahn late,only five minutes away. Staff very nice and helpful, not a bad little spot but absolutely nothing to do in sohren.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

Credit Card Payment was not possible. The Owner said it is not the first time and they had changed 3 machines to fix but to no avail. Make sure to have cash with you

Pick-up/Drop-off service from Hahn Airport was good ( Owner does it personally). Make sure to give a call as soon as you land at Hahn Airport. Breakfast was OK.

Very friendly staff and good Service.Restaurant was great.Shuttle Service worked perfect.Highly recommend this Hotel and Restaurant.

Can’t get better

The shower flooded and the linens were scarce.

Airport shuttle was nice.

wifi worked really slowly

People and treatment In the level of respect

Staff very friendly and helpful nothing was a problem for them

- Quality/price perfect. - Really near to the airport

The owner!

Free airport shuttle and pick up! Wish we couldn’t have stayed longer!

Room was pretty cold.

Very comfortable take and bring up to the airport.very kind owners! Always come back!

Was wery good service,freandly and welcoming... Nice,tasty food...

Everything is good. Quiet place, clean room, nice personal. Near to airport HHN, 2.5 km.

Just a detail, the Wifi often disconnects and needs to "re-subscribe" too often.

Everything was perfect and friendly.

The bed was comfy and the rooms were nice and neat. Nothing fancy, perfect for a one night stay. Less than 5 min from the airport.

The room was comfortable and tidy the bed was comfortable and breakfast was excellent

Free airport shuttle

No kettle in the room. But the staff are obliging in that they will provide a flask with hot water on request.

Shops within walking distance.

Far from frankfurt airport

Clean, nice room, good food

Free and on time for pick and drop from airport Hahn , the room has everything you need, good value for the money

Airport pickup/dropoff included, even late at night. Close to Frankfurt Hahn airport (which is 2 hours from Frankfurt city)

I didn't realize breakfast was an additional charge. My mistake.

breakfast somewhat scarce

spacious very clean room, comfortable beds, quiet area, excellent service

Very helpful, friendly staff. Offered a first class shuttle service to the nearby Hahn airport.

Wifi quality was very bad

There is a free shuttle service to airport.

nice service:) good food

Close to the airport, locate in a small town

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Lovely friendly staff nothing was too much trouble

Browse Hotel Pizzeria VENEZIA traveller photo gallery