Reviews of Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Marseiller Str. 2, St. Pauli, 20355 Hamburg, Germany

#68 of 323 hotels in Hamburg

• Standard Room

We were hardly in the hotel during our stay but our room on the 26th floor had an awesome view. It was only a standard room but it was huge and super comfortable. Location was good - near S and U trains and an easy walk to the main sites.

• Standard Room

At the moment I would recommend rooms on the high flors, because of rebuilding of therritory near to the hotel. Viev from high floor rooms are perfect!

• Standard Room

Very tight in the underground car park, drive carefully! I scratched my new wheels on the high kerb on the ramp :(

Very helpful and friendly staff. Spacious room for two occupants and as always with Blu a very comfy bed! Breakfast is a bit more pricey than some hotels but I've rarely seen such fresh diversity and choice.

• Standard Room

There is construction work around, so the area is a bit dirty. Accessing the car parking by car can be tricky.

The breakfast was amazing, I recommend getting it in advance so that you save.

• Standard Room

When I arrived they could not find my booking at all. I showed them my confirmation etc., but still they did not find me. For this they used at least half an hour. They offered me another room for a higher price instead. Which I took after asking them to sort this out with booking.com, but they told me they cannot not. I took the room anyway and told them that I would sort this out with booking.com myself. After a day they called me, but when I called back the number shown on my mobile, the person on the phone had no idea why they called me and was not going to ask. She was very unfriendly. Therefore, I left it. When I came back I found an email telling me they had a technical defect that's why they could not find my booking and apologised for it. They are going to reimburse me for the EUR 143 they charged me with instead and will stick to the booking via booking.com.

• Standard Room

Room was relatively small, w/a tiny bathroom. Front desk was seriously understaffed when a large airline crew were checking in.

Convenient location, very close to the train/tram station. A superb breakfast buffet.

• Standard Room

My room was near the lift which made some awful noise at night. Thankfully, I was move to another room the next day.

Great staff, great location, great breakfast and a delightful experience.

• Standard Room

Construction areas around the hotel. Air conditioner is a little bit noisy, it’s irritating for someone with insomnia.

Service was good. Location is very convenient.

• Standard Room

Restaurant is closed on sundays - normally restaurants in hotels open everyday? Rooftop bar on website said it opens in April, we went and although only the beginning of April it wasn’t open. Shouldn’t say April unless it is open from the first. One of the reasons we booked to stay at the hotel but unfortunately couldn’t access :(

Helpful staff, clean rooms, brilliant location. Got to choose room (high room or low, which side of the hotel, bath or shower)

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

Parking was difficult - directions from the staff didn't help. We were two adult +1 child, whom slept in our bed. We got extra duve but no bath towel. We were charged 20 Euro extra than Booking wrote.

The hotel and it's location was nice. Breakfast was good.

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

good large breakfast. good choice of tea from a good (german) brand. Location is very central and also to large park and river area. Great for an early morning run around the Alster.

• Standard Room

The room was a little noisy- you could hear people walking on the wooden floor in the room above. This is always a little irritating.

I liked the room: effective use of space and comfort plus modern at the same time. Since I came by Train - the location was excellent and the reason for choosing this hotel. Within walking distance from the train station!

• Standard Room

The quoted breakfast price was too high to be worth it. It is next to the construction site of a new conference center and the road diversions are not clear at all, and it is difficult walking around the hotel and getting out of it. Hotel staff misguided me on walking directions because they too don't know. In the end the easiest way was to walk through the station to get out on the other side.

The best thing is that its right across from a train/sbahn station. The room was expectedly clean and comfortable.

• Superior Room with Panoramic View

At check-in it took over 5 minutes for a rep to show up, and I finally had to ask someone at the bar to help. For a big international hotel like the Radisson, this is unacceptable even at 23:30. Also: the regular access to the parking was closed (construction) and the temporary access road was poorly marked in the dark. I had to park at the short-term parking in front of the hotel to check in, with only a 10 minute window to avoid a ticket and fine. That made the delay to check in even more irritating. All this could have been avoided by posting the phone number of the hotel reception desk had been posted on the website, but I couldn't find any number to call and ask where to park... Other than that: excellent hotel

• Standard Room

The restaurant is poor and frankly speaking if you have go to the train station around the corner the food is on the same level for a third of the price. Therefore just do not eat there or if you order food, then do not expect anything. The biggest issue is, that there is currently a massiv construction going on around the hotel. The hotel is literally in the middle of the construction side. Therefore you here the machinery starting in the morning at 7 am until about 6 pm and the surrounding area is quite dirty. To reach the exhibition center you have to walk around the construction side. According to the statements at the construction side this will continue until end of 2019. Therefore I do think the price for a one night stay should be not more then € 100,--

Inside you get what you expect: Friendly and professional service, clean environment, nice, and comfortable rooms. The breakfast was very good.

• Standard Room

Inadmissible not to have a lift from the ground floor... You have to carry your luggage and in your case the newborn tralley. Even that the staff is pleased to help, it's a question of safety, it is not admissible.

Nice 4 star hotel, very helpful staff

• Standard Room

We didn't find anything we didn't like during our stay

Rooms clean with mini bar and tea and coffee making facilities. Some marks on walls were previous guests had caught without taking care but you can't expect hotel to paint after every guest

• Standard Room

Nude people in the spa facilities!!! We understand it's maybe ok for Germany, but should be described in the policy, at least to inform their guests, our party and other guest we saw not naked, were accualy shocked.

Thw service is outstanding of the rating: we got 3 (!) rooms near each other at 10.30 am with no extra charge and with no asking, we were thinking that we will leave our bags in the storage room, but we got the rooms, take a rest a bit and went to the Christmas markets- what else we could expect from the hotel. The rooms are extremely clean, beds comfortable, nice viewings ( forgot about congress hall), tea /coffee facilities and much more.

• Standard Room

The pillows/duvets as they were feathered- despite my initial request this took 3 separate occasions to rectify. The room's aircon didnt work making the room incredibly stuffy and night meaning we had to open the window making the room no longer soundproof and with a train station only a few metres away it was very noisy.

The range of drinks at the bar

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

The construction around the entrance to the hotel is really ugly, especially when the hotel is so lovely inside. When walking up I was worried about what the inside of the hotel was going to be like. It was a pleasant surprise.

The breakfast buffet was fabulous!

• Standard Room

I requested a quiet room and i was hosted in a room that gave to a construction site (not quiet at all) The TV service is very poor given it has only news channels in english and no offer of movies for non german speakers

The room was big and confortable The location of the hotel is good and is located near the city center and near the train station

• Standard Room

Breakfast was very average with only baked goods and tinned fruits as vegetarian options. Staff could have been more knowledgeable about the local area.

Bed was soooo comfortable and the views from the high floors are incredible

• Standard Room

We will almost certainly avoid this hotel for the forseeable future due to extensive reconstruction work nearby

Well-organised professional organisation

• Standard Room

Bathroom towels stank of cigarette smoke and made the non smoking room we requested smell vile. We were initially lead to believe the breakfast was included by first member of staff only to be told the next day after we had eaten it was 26 Euro a head - this was reduced to 18 as it could have been prebooked at this price however when one member of staff indicates it's included - we would have gone to a nice local cafe for that price. There were building works which surrounded the hotel - fine if we had been made aware and still decided to go but a little disappointed that a note once there was all we had.

• Standard Room

There were still peevious clients in the room that we initially got. Went back to eeception and we got a new room. Then 5 mins later, cleaning guy came into room that we have 30 mins time to leave. Apparebtly there is NO system in place to track in which rooma there are still clients and in which rooms there are already new clients. Not surprised thoug, this is how SAS books their flights also

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

Expansive parking rate 15€ per day.

Near to the center, perfect breakfast, beautiful room view from floor 26, near to beautiful garden just about 2 min walking, nice modren rooms, everything was perfect! Thanks all

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

THE PARKING IS NOT GOOD AND THEY DONT BUT SIGN FOR THE CAR HIGH AND MY CAR IS RANGE ROVER AND WHEN I COME IN ITS TOUCHED WITH METAL SIGN AND THATS NOT GOOD AND NORMAL HOTEL THEY GET PAYMENT WHEN YOU CHECK OUT AND FOR THIS HOTEL THE RECEPTION EMPLOYER ASK ME TO PAY DIRECT , ITS LOOK LIKE I WILL RUN AWAY AND THATS NOT GOOD I FEEL ITS NOT GOOD FOR THIS HOTEL ESPECIALLY IAM ALWAYS STAY IN RADISSON BLU EVERY WHERE BUT THIS IS FIRST TIME SOME THING LIKE THAT HAPPEND WITH ME ,THATS IT .

• Standard Room

Room was not soundproof, very noisy from the upper floor, also noisy from the street and trains. The roof restaurant closed during a day.

The hotel is in the city centre not far away from all interesting places, lovely and huge park next to the hotel

• Standard Room

This was not a 4-star hotel. It had almost everything, but the quality was always 3-star. Had we paid 3-star prices, we would not have been so disappointed.

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

rather inattentive staff at breakfast - probably due to peak time around 9 am. Waited for pot of coffee for 10 min. But breakfast has very wide offer and there is also coffee machine available.

Very comfortable beds, clean and well equipped room, rich breakfast

• Standard Room

The most direct road to the hotel is currently under construction, and it would have been nice to have notice of that. And the breakfast was priced for the expense account traveler, not families.

Great to be right next to the train station, and the park next door was lovely. Several restaurants are within walking distance, although many are high end. The hotel itself was super clean and modern and had all you needed.

• Standard Room

Noisy room, because it was a linked room (you can hear everything from the guest next door. I got a different one after complaining. Though they shouldn't give it in the first place, costs me time. They made a typo with the corporate name on the invoice, they said they couldn't change the name on the invoice, serious!

Easy parking, good breakfast and bed.

• Standard Room

Having stayed at the hotel the week-end previously, in a very pleasant room, we were told that we were booked into an identical room on a lower floor for the second stay. This was not the case. We paid more for an inferior room with a poor view. Meal in the restaurant was expensive and poor quality.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard Room

Check out and check in takes extremely long time. Every time I have stayed at this hotel it has been the same. Brings down the overall rating which is a pity as this hotel actually is a nice one.

Location is very good. Rooms at higher levels have a stunning view.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Standard Room

The view towards the city and the docks was amazing! I also appreciated the abundant fresh orange juice and the cereal / muesli selection during the breakfast.

• Standard Room

I was originally on the 7th floor but the noise from the nightclub on the ground floor was so loud. Fortunately there were spare rooms on higher floors.

• Standard Room

Fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. We had to walk down from the 25th (!) floor. The staff did not make any effort to tell guests that this was a false alarm. Also, the fire escape led to a balcony, not to the ground floor, which would never be big enough for all guests in case of a real emergency. Staff was not very professional. There is also a night club in the building which was noisy. The club seemed to be a little dodgy. Our room was next to the elevators and therefore pretty noisy.

The bed was comfy and we had a nice view. Shower was nice as well.

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

We were a little bit disappointed with the cleaning as they didn't change the sheets in those three nights we stayed as we could both see the linens were the same ones as when we left. They only fixed the bed and we also noticed that the floor hadn't been vacuumed as there where little black fluffs on the carpet when we in the afternoon would come back from touring in the city. The rest was looked although nice and we did receive new and fresh towels. We both thought that the receptionists and some of the other staff didn't speak that well English which we thought wasn't what we normally would expect from hotel staffs working in an international environment. One night when we ordered one extra cup of coffee in the lounge area at the bar. We were told that they didn't sell anymore coffee when just 20 min before we had just ordered one. We thought it was very strange that they suddenly didn't sell coffee anymore since the bar was still open for cocktails and other drinks. The fitness center was really good. Only thing we noticed was the place was very small. It looked much bigger on the photos we saw on their website. When the club opened we asked the bartender if they would be open later on in the evening as we were going out for dinner and then maybe stop by the club afterwards. He wasn't polite at all. He basically sneered at us like as of course it would be open as if we as hotel guests should know that already. So decided not to go instead once we came back to the hotel... So all in all it wasn't our best stay considering it was a business class stay over. Wish we could have given a better review this time round...

Breakfast was amazing and also the staff in the Filini restaurant. They really made you feel welcome and invited, so breakfast was really something we enjoyed very much. The receptionists were kind and helpful. Loved the view from the 22nd floor, the decorations, the spa - amazing full body massage. Loved being able to workout in the fitness center and their equipments

• Standard Room

The access in the parking is under heavy constructions,was a little difficult to enter and park,but not very disturbing

We got a room upon our request at the 26th floor,view was fantastic. Good amenities in the room,bed very comfy,friendly staff,parking right under the hotel

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

Bath room was stinking when we arrived, the basin did not drain properly. Bath room door lock broken and rusty. There were no drawers and no proper place for luggage. Towels were not business class quality: thin and small.

The room looks very nice, high floor.

• Standard Room

Car park is small and spaces can be tight.

Hotel is close to U- and S-Bahn and takes just a few minutes to get to the city centre. All in all, the hotel's location is very convenient and well situated to explore in and around Hamburg.

• Standard Room

Those plastic sheets under the normal sheets are awful. They make for a very uncomfortable night and the thought behind it is rather unsettling. The rooms by the lifts are not very well soundproofed and the airconditioning only heats, making the rooms very warm.

Breakfast is good and extensive, location is good and staff were very friendly

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Standard Room

Lots of construction work around. A terrible underground parking area, very narrow, always full. The spa was very unattended by the staff. I needed to call 3 times and remind to take laundry , that room service comes and cleans the room. Always full of people while check in and check out. Staff is not capable of multitasking at all. I should say no other Radisson Blue was this much disappointing!

Unfortunately i should say that comparing to other Radisson Blue Hotels around Germany was one of the very disappointing one.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Standard Room

Perfect central location, particularly if artriving in Hamburg by train, the hotel being a stone's throw from the Dammtor station. Great views from the top floors. Staff friendly and efficient. I stayed for six nights and did not have a single reason to complain.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Standard Room

My Room had heating issues on first day but Christine the Front Office Manager dealt with it effectively had a Room change etc in the end all good and I was happy

Bar was excellent

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Standard Room

Returning from the city centre late at night can be quite scary if you are walking alone as the area is very silent with a lot of trees and dark places.

Nice rooms with comfy beds. Great location near the city center and close to the train station and local train lines. Direct train connection to the airport. Small but quite well equipped gym and sauna. Very close to great local restaurants and bars.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Standard Room

This hotel is in a great location. Very close to the city center. Comfortable room with great view of the city. Excellent breakfast buffet. Very friendly staff. Perfect for business travel as well as for vacationing

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Standard Room

Sauna was not working and is out of order until 17th January. No mention of this in advance of booking. Or at all on their website. I probably would not have booked this hotel if I'd known this was out of order. When I asked at reception An alternative hotel's facilities were mentioned about 1k away which we would have to pay €20 each for.

Beds were great.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Standard Room

Breakfast room very utilitarian. Like a cattle market. would expect better for a hotel in this price category.

Proximity to centre and public transport. Friendly and helpful receptionists. Several seating areas in foyer.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Standard Room

Too long queues for checkout, put the room cards on the desk, an got away after waiting 25 minutes

Checkin fast, nice clean rooms, nice breakfast,perfect location

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard Room

The bed wasn't very comfortable and the room felt a bit stuffy. Additionally, breakfast was extremely expensive and there was no alternatives nearby.

For me the location was perfect as I had a conference next to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Standard Room

The hotel could definitely use a better Business Center. Right now it's just a computer and printer on a dark basement. You can't print from a USB key and have to send your file to the reception desk so they can print it for you. Not convenient at all. Some things in the bathroom were broken and fixed with tape.

Room was beautiful with a nice view on the city. Elevators move fast, which is a plus when you are on one of the top floors. Super convenient location when you attend an event at the CCH; you can access the CCH from the hotel without having to get outside.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Standard Room

Parking is a problem, if you have a big car. The parking house is very narrow.

I had a room on the 20th floor, with a fantastic view over town. Within walking distance of the Hamburg fair center, Reeperbahn and the shoping center / Alster See,.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

Hotel parking lot was full. No fuss after all, just parked at CCH. Just not so nice to drive up to gate and can not get in. Instructions were in german.. Ah, TV wan´t working so it had to be unplugged for a while.

Radisson Blue standard. No surprises.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Standard Room

Very functional and impersonal rooms, no ambient lights, designed to be cleaned easy but not to make you feel cozy and at home. anyway, I paid my bill without complaining, because they did not even ask me how my stay was...

The staff was very opened minded, kind and helpful, I needed a bunch of prints for a legal appointment and they just supported me to fit all my needs

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Standard Room

Amazing hotel and building, everything was perfect, the reception staff, the bedroom overlooking the city, the decor, we would definitely recommend and would love to return

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Standard Room

Modern,clean hotel very conveniently located to the Binnen Alster. We enjoyed very much walking through the botanical gardens. So convenient to all of down town.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

Despite I informed that we are a family. There was no other bed in room. The hotel arranged us a king size bed but still a bit small for a family with two children

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Standard Room

The room I stayed in was a bit worn - scratched floors, loose plugs but ok overall.

Location is superb with many cafes, shops, the Alster and downtown within 5 minutes walk. Staff was really friendly and helpful. When in Hamburg this is a great choice!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Standard Room

Ridiculously overpriced breakfast. Ventilation pushing tobacco smoke to the bathroom in a non-smoking room.

Great location within walking distance from the city centre and the lakes; next to both underground and surface rail stations. Good views from upper floors.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Standard Room

Price of breakfast @ 26€/person Noisy lift even across hallway from room Wardrobe strip light a little blinding!

Choice of food at breakfast Stylish room

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Room

We compromised with this hotel because we were suckers for a good view, the Radisson Blu Hamburg touted the best view in Hamburg. Be warned, this balcony is only open for a few hours on Friday and Saturday evenings. We checked out Friday lunchtime but weren't allowed up Friday evening as we were no longer guests. Incredible disappointing and frustrating, very misleading and we would not have chosen this hotel otherwise. Our double bed was 2 single beds with big crack and 2 single covers. Mattress hard.

Room was modern and clean with OK view, location good and easy to find

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Standard Room

Cost to eat breakfast at hotel considered overpriced. Therefore eat breakfast out of hotel

Comfortable bed, reasonably sized room, very good location adjacent botanical gardens and within 5 mins walking distance of city centre

• Standard Room

As an American, I would have preferred a top sheet, as we seemed to have the options of melting or freezing, with nothing between. We also could have used a lot more soap and/or shower gel! There was not enough for two people for one day, and so we actually went out and bought soap. The fridge didn't seem to work, and the phone didn't work -- they replaced it three times while we were there.

The rooms were lovely -- incredibly comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom, functional seating area and desk. We liked the view and the proximity to my husband's conference venue, the gorgeous, relaxing, and beautifully maintained Park Planten un Blomen, running nearby around the Aussenalster lake, and other attractions within walking distance such as the Museum für Völkerkunde, the Rathaus, and Miniatur Wunderland. The staff was friendly, kind enough to speak English, and very helpful.

• Standard Room

I attended a conference but the staff did not inform me about the special rate that existed for delegates. I lost 120 euro and the breakfast! If you plan to stay at this hotel: ask for their special rates, otherwise they do not bother to inform you.

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

Lifts can be slow in busy periods of the day and room keys lost charge frequently.

Location to public transport was wonderful and the location beside the magnificent park was great for walks.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Premium Room with Panoramic View

Breakfast was fantastic, the staff were very courteous. There is a pillow menu which was quite fun, and easy to request through the Radisson Blu app. Also enjoyed the Nespresso coffee machine in the room.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Standard Room

Reception didn't ask if it was the first time, they were super helpful when we asked questions about the city but the first approach was from us. They have an automatic minibar system, so be careful when you move things around, they can be billed without you taking them. Can be quickly resolved at the reception but avoid the struggle.

Awesome view on the city from the 27th floor, train station with lots of breakfast possibilities if you want to wake up and go for the city, subway 3min walk away to access the rest of the city, city tour bus in front of the hotel.

Everything was perfect

• Standard Room

The view of the construction site

The bed

• Standard Room

Under construction. Parking is expensive.

Clean. Nice bar. Good food.

• Standard Room

Construction happening around the hotel

• Standard Room

Nothing relevant to point out.

The hotel is very well located, and the service is very good.

• Superior Room with Panoramic View

Price was too high

The stay was too short

Good choice, good location with lots of cafes bars restaurants nearby. We walked everywhere all weekend. Easy!

Browse Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg traveller photo gallery