Reviews of Radisson Blu Media Harbour Hotel, Düsseldorf This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Hammer Strasse 23, Unterbilk, 40219 Düsseldorf, Germany

#45 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

• Premium Room with Roof Top View

The bed (in our business class room) was hard as concrete, there was an "anti leaking" sheet on the mattress which caused us to really sweat all night long (why on earth does a hotel add such a thing???), and the pillows were so soft that they didn't offer any support at all. My wife and I had a bad night, and thus were tired the next day. We will never stay at this hotel again; it doesn't matter how good the rest is, if you cannot sleep comfortably, a hotel is not worth the money.

The hotel is nicely located and looks good.

• Standard Room

Some extra money was reserved when checking in. It is not clear when the final clearance shall happen

Perfect location in Dusseldorf media harbor, comfortable and spacious room, nice breakfast. Brilliant opportunities to have a walk across the river bank to the city center

• Standard Room

Not the most interesting neighborhood, but everything is in a stone's throw (~20 min by walk)

Spacious rooms, good sound insulation, big and comfortable bad. Gym is small, but all equipment is new and in a very good condition. Nice sauna.

• Standard Room

The restaurant atmosphere and selection of food was poor. Very few English channels and no movie channel in the rooms.

The showers were good, the breakfast selection was very good, some of the staff were excellent but some unfortunately were not good at all.

• Standard Room

Every time we go to Düsseldorf we book this hotel. Last friday I got an upgrade to a business class room, something we really appreciated. see you soon

• Standard Room

Not a fan of the glass door in the bathroom, which did not close properly and made a weird sound when you tried to close it. There is no sound blockage whatsoever. Also do not like the glass window to the shower from the room, especially because it also gives a view of the door to the toilet which did not close well. Even though I was traveling with my husband, privacy is sometimes nice. Ordered a double espresso but it never arrived.

Great location, with nice restaurants in the area. Not in the city center but close nonetheless

• Standard Room

50 euros for breakfast per day seems a bit excessive if you are not a massive eater even though the quality and choice was good. Only a few English channels on the TV - not too much of a problem for us as we only used the room as a base Pillows are very soft so more than one may be needed - although you could ask for more at reception

Rooms were spacious and cleaned daily. Lovely soft towels and plenty of them Easy check-in and staff very friendly Located just outside of the city centre - lovely 20 minute flat walk along the river to get to the main shops and bars, however felt very safe walking to and from the hotel, even in the dark.

• Standard Room

Nice hotel in the middle of harbour redevelopment area. Quiet in spite of huge building site backdrop. Ideal for business travellers while leisure visitors should probably chose another location

• Standard Room

Just the Bed, it was too firm for us.

Bed was a little hard for our comfort. However the staff were very attentive food good and the Hotel was scrupulously clean.Just the Bed

• Standard Room

The privacy from the toilet was a bit of a problem. The door couldn't be fully closed and we would have preferred more privacy.

Loved everything about the hotel and its friendly staff. Good location away from city centre and it has amazing restaurants and lounges close by,

I came with my fiends to Dusseldorf for a bachelorette party, we took a Design Suite in the hotel, and ask the hotel service to decorate the room, they arrange a special weeding decorator, so everything was simply perfect, whats more we get a cake from the hotel The service of the hotel was amazing, they prepared everything we needed. I'll surely come back one day.

• Standard Room

Most of the restaurants nearby the hotel were full and needed reservations, but that is no fault of the hotel.

Best breakfast, staff friendly and helpful, and location was convenient to many restaurants in the area. The Japanese restaurants downtown were just like being in Japan--original taste and reasonable price.

• Standard Room

Many great restaurants in this neighbourhood for all budgets. 15 mins from a student neighbourhood full of trendy bars. 30 minute beautiful scenic walk along the Rhein and through parks into the Ald Stadt of Dusseldorf. This is slowly becoming one of The places to be for Dusseldorf locals.

• Standard Room

Extremely loud. Party people on the street until sunrise. And we had asked for a quite room. I wonder what a regular room will be like.

Nice and modern rooms.

• Premium Room

Can't really think of anything. It was well located to the area where I had work.

Excellent staff who go above and beyond their regular roles to help you. I needed a parcel to be received and paid before, and they did, a whole 24 hours before I checked in. Kept it safely for me and helped me pack it for my onwards journey.

• Standard Room

was a little far out for the centre of Dusseldorf. A 20 minute walk along the river front, lovely if weather is nice, not so nice if it is raining. Breakfast was expensive so did not book.

Friendly staff.

• Standard Room

Air conditioning just didn't work. Fan quite noisy and in order to switch off we dicovered from reception that the window needed to be slightly open.The room looked out onto refuse bin stores which were emptied daily. Very very noisy although I had requested a quiet room.The room was too hot especially during the night. Building was taking place nearby which added to the noise.

Room functioned well on the whole.Complimentary water every day.Area is very interesting from a architectural point of view. Plenty of bars and restaurants in immediate area.

• Standard Room

The bathroom- the see through glass is not acceptable it made the stay much less enjoyable.

Nice rooms Comfortable beds Staff very helpful particularly finding a secure place for our bikes.

• Suite

It was pretty impossible to get any service at the breakfast. Unfortunately the rooms were not clean and the Junior suite's were not worth the money.

The location was perfect. Many nice restaurants within walking distance. The variety of food at the breakfast was very good. The staff in the reception were very friendly and helpful. Room service worked well.

• Standard Room

The staff was very friendly. The hotel could arrange an early check-in and little delayed check-out at request. We got an upgrade to a business class room as a welcome to Carlton club membership, that was proposed by the receptionist. The breakfast, including the set-up, were very pleasant. Food was made availbale in a rural idyll style, like milk in bottles, the cereals in paper bag kind of bowls..It was sort of food for eyes as well :-)

• Premium Room

I was expecting harbour view from the hotel but got building view. I later found out that the hotel was not exactly located by the harbour. Nonetheless, this hotel is almost perfect for me in many criteria. More variety of foods shall be added on the breakfast menu.

Most staffs were very friendly. The front desk spent time to explain hotel facility plus some point of interests around the hotel. My room was quite spacious and comfy. The bathroom was very clean and this is a very important check point for me. The Old Town and many different restaurants are located within walking distance.

• Standard Room

Room. .. During the 3 nights we used the same bed sheets and quilt. I've travelled the world .. This is the first hotel that housekeeping policy is like that.

Staff very friendly and efficient.They would go that extra mile to satisfied your needs.

• Standard Room

The receptionist when we arrived was not kind. We realized that my husband s wallet was stolen and she did n t help us at all (we asked for a police phone number ).Furthemore she refused to find my Carlson member number through my e-mail address she told me that it was not possible to do it .However some hours later another receptionist did it for us with no problem at all.

Comfortable bed, big room

• Suite

Reception/front desk staff was very arrogant. I checked in at 3pm and they kept me waiting 27 minutes to get my room ready, didn't inform me when it was ready, kept me sitting outside and even the drink while waiting I needed to pay. Poor German knowledge from both of them. I checked in on Wednesday 05.04.2017. Staff didn't explain me how to use the elevator, staff didn't tell me how to find my room since the suite got no number and I needed to walk the whole floor right and left to find my suite. I will file on Monday an official complain to the GM! This was defiantly my first and last stay and I will book next time somewhere else. For a guest that booked the most expensive room o got treated like a booked the janitors room!

I stayed in the suite. Bathrooms and living room spacious and with a decent dining table for 6. Bedroom is nice and both rooms got massive huge smart tv's

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Standard Room

Gave me the wrong room despite having booked way in advance. Never cleaned my room after the first night and then when I asked then to clean the room they just replaced the towels nothing else. Usually a great stay here but feel let down by them this time.

Nice facilities, bar staff really friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Standard Room

- dirth in drink glasses from previous customers ( cigarettes ) - unfriendly staff at check-in - 2nd screen in room did not work - poor breakfast for high price ( where in former times it was the best breafwst i ever experienced ) - poor evening food on room - in first room strong mold smell, free upgrade to suite - suite was very damaged ( furniture ) - toilet at suite was so little, that it was almost on the ground standing - in former years the television had a mirror clauset, what gave a strong design feeling. Now all is replaced by an oversized flatscreen hanging cold on the wall - we were yearlong guest, but the room and services became less and less. - feeling that the hotel is without management - in former times the nice bathroom had a transparant glass at the showrr, now it is closed making the room very small and the design element is gone

Location was good and practical garage

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Standard Room

The staff were so welcoming and very brilliant attitudes. Hotel was brilkiant upgraded me to better room because the had available for free. Room were so modern very good location. Food in hotel was lovely.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Standard Room

Difficult to find a table at peak time for breakfast, pricey

Friendly helpful competent staff, good food, comfortable room and bed, many restaurants in the area, tram to the centre.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Standard Room

The pillows were terrible to say the least which resulted in less good sleep than anticipated. Room-service was also very late one evening and it would have been nice to get a heads up instead of just having us wait for over 90 minutes. The toilet had strange doors on it so we couldn't really close the door. So be sure to share to room with someone you're comfortable with.

Friendly staff, big room, big bed and a nice shower.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Standard Room

Room was run-down. Missed fresh fruit (aside from mixed as fruit salad) even though the breakfast was fresh and with lots of variety on other choices. Breakfast area was very small and limited.

Location is nice and rooms have a great size. Breakfast offered a wide, fresh variety on cheese and meats.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Standard Room

It was very quiet and seemed to lack a little atmosphere as there wasn't that many people around

Good location, good contemporary hotel, much better than average breakfast and very good value

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Premium Room

Absurdly expensive hotel during a trade fair.Vegetarian restaurant not surprisingly completely empty If you want normal food there is a very limited menu and 4 tables in the bar...

Good confortable room

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Standard Room

There was no one at the hotel entrance to welcome guests or help to carry the luggage, The reception guy came to help later. - Parking cost is high. - the room was not really as I expected. it looks neat but its not comfortable even the business room. - The beds was tough and uncomfortable. -The toilet was visible through the glass to the bedroom in some rooms. I thought this branch of Radisson Blu will be similar to the other one in Dusseldorf (the Scandanvian) was cheaper and more comfortable specially the beds and rooms..

The staff was friendly. The guy at the reception was really helpful and he helped us with the luggage. Hotel design looks nice and neat. the location wasn't bad, by car 5 minutes to the center and walking 20-25 minutes.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Standard Room

The staff were exceptionally professional helpful and friendly nothing was too much trouble and our stay was thoroughly enjoyable. The rooms were clean and comfortable with modern stylish decor

Nothing to dislike

Nice hotel, comfortable rooms with friendly staff.

• Standard Room

My favourite hotel in DUS. Great location and great hotel. I enjoy it every time.

• Standard Room

the bed was a bit to hard

Style, Location

• Standard Room

They didn’t explain to me that o would be charged for the upgrade they decided to give me

Beautiful hotel and great location

• Standard Room

The bad & pillow There r no facilities, gym, pool , sauna...

The price

Clean

No English TV channels

Good hotel breakfast

• Standard Room

Cool location, with a hip feeling. Excellent staff.

• Standard Room

Apple Airplay connectivity with in room television.

• Standard Room

The reception staff were very helpful in assisting us in travel arrangements to distant airport.

• Standard Room

Parking is difficult to reach, and sport facility is so ridiculous

Hotel decoration and location, and they smoking rooms

• Standard Room

The staff were great and the hotel was in a quiet area with restaurants and cafes nearby. The old town is 10 min by car.

Narrow entrance of their parking

Fantastic hotel in Düsseldorf

parkgarage very expensive ,

very clean, quiet , rooms very spacious ,modern ,,staff very helpfull,.

Fantastic, clean and very good reception service Ms. Huda

• Premium Room

Cost of parking was very high.

Clean comfortable. Nice bed. Good shower. Decent breakfast.

• Standard Room

The front desk service staff were absolutely fantastic! Thanks to the two nice ladies!

• Standard Room

The staff was very helpful and kind in helping us on how to get to places and what train to take and writing down information for us

• Standard Room

Perhaps more milk capsules with coffee machine

Reception staff, lovely, also upgraded us :)

• Standard Room

Customer Service was outstanding Walking distance to lots of local bars

• Standard Room

Horrible glass walls between bed and bathroom. I do not want to be seen when in the bathroom. Would never come again for this reason

• Standard Room

Room was too hot and no coffee in the room that wasn't onstant

Breakfast was to expensive

Location great .very nice staff

• Standard Room

Most lovely person ever met at a reception the morning we left. Great staff!

• Standard Room

Manager is not commercial.

Close from street with restaurant

• Standard Room

Stylish design of rooms, pleasant personal, convenient location

• Standard Room

The breakfast was very minimal !

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Expensive

Staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Standard Room

There was too much noise coming from outside. I could not sleep instead i had to take my bags and make my way home and sleep there.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Suite

The hotel was clean, large rooms with nice floor to ceiling windows and the staff was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Money

Stuff

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Premium Room

The bathroom is open to the room and there was only a glass door and partician ! Uncomfortable in my opinion

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Standard Room

I had to ask for decafeined coffe every day. There was not in the room too.

In my opinion the situation and the room are the best.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Standard Room

Bed pillow aren't comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Standard Room

All aspects of the hotel

• Standard Room

Excellent location for a city-trip .. nearby at the river-side nice architecture .. and a 1 kilometer river-side walk brings out to the old center.

• Standard Room

The pillows were awful, that's the only comment I have. Our stay was excellent but please invest in some decent pillows.

Nice rooms.

• Standard Room

The jacuzzi not working at my booked suit

Room size, staff

• Suite

The jacuzzi was not working at the suit which suppose to be part of booking facilities!!

Over all good, suit size and comfort

Browse Radisson Blu Media Harbour Hotel, Düsseldorf traveller photo gallery