Reviews of Radisson Blu Hotel Rostock This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Lange Str. 40, 18055 Rostock, Germany

#4 of 31 hotels in Rostock

• Standard Room

Scaffolding covered our window which was additionally covered with plastic and couldn't be opened; what's the use of good baltic air when you can't sleep with your window open? Also I think I remember that some years ago they had robes and slippers in the rooms. There were none this time. Just one small bottle of shampoo, shower gel etc for 2 pax.

Good bed, good and clean bathroom, perfect location. Staff ist friendly and very professional. Late checkout was no problem.

• Superior Room

Just one minor thing. It is a very nice touch to have a cook at the breakfast counter to prepare fresh eggs sunny side up etc. The problem is, that it's fried there in advance, then put under a heating lamp, which turns the eggs in to rubbery "shoe bottoms". I'm sure, that customers wouldn't mind waiting a couple of minutes to get really fresh fried eggs.

The reception by Ms. Jacqueline Alonso Menendez was warm and welcoming. My husband told her that we will be celebrating our anniversary the next day. She went out of her way to make us feel comfortable. The room was nice and big with a beautiful view of the river. We were very surprised, when we came back from our outing, a bottle of "bubbly", a fruit basket and cake for our celebration was waiting for us on the table. Thank you very much !

• Standard Room

At breakfast, the cook cannot cope with orders for omelets. Maybe it will be better to have ready-made omelet/scrambled eggs at breakfast.

Perfect hotel!

• Standard Room

We booked a double bed, by which I understand a bed with one big mattress. Instead there were two mattresses next to each other which makes a very uncomfortable night. This is not the first time this has happened to me when booking through booking.com. I wonder why this easily avoidable mistake keeps on happening. I understand that two mattresses provide more flexibility for the hotel, but for the guests it makes it very difficult to have a good night's sleep, which is in the end the most important purpose of going to a hotel in the first place.

We appreciated the size and ficilities of the room.

• Superior Room

There is no option for heating in the room. It was quite cold. Also, please add toilet bidet for wc.

Housekeeping was excellent, they brought the amenities I requested promptly. Also, the front desk officers were very helpful. Selection of food for breakfast was good as well.

• Superior Room

The room temperature is a bit cold. No swimming pool. :(

Location is nice: directly at downtown, and few minutes walk to the Harbour. Nice view to the Harbour also from the room. And has to point out that their breakfast was really nice, enough choices and nice fresh fruit to take.

• Standard Room

The last morning 2 man started with pneumatic hammers at 6:37 in the morning at the neighbour building, where reconstruction work is going on.

Large rooms. Parking under the hotel is quite convenient, in particular when it is snowing!

• Standard Room

The parking - for first time guests - was a bit hard to find!!!! (not helped by all the construction work going on around the square in front.) Everything else was great!

Everything - very friendly, helpful and welcoming staff . Great room - nice and warm .. given that was minus 2 outdoors and I had just come from a very cold hotel .. it was great to get into a toasty room. The view was excellent and it was a nice large space. Fast free WIFI all worked perfectly, tasty room service served with a smile! I will definately stay here again!

• Standard Room

Room a bit old fashioned (not really modern, carpet) Staff not as friendly as I would have expected of Radisson staff

Sauna was included In the middle of the center

• Superior Room

Rooms was very hot, put AC on 19, but extremely hot during night. Open widow was to much noise. Also my colleagues arrived 5 am in the morning after having to drive all night due to cancelled flight. The reception staff was very unfriendly.

• Standard Room

We have stayed at many Radisson Blu in Germany, never have we not been able to get news Tv in English( accept CNBC and Bloomberg). That was a real surprise given the profile on Booking .com If we had known we would have booked elsewhere.

• Standard Room

Bed was fantastic. Breakfast is well worth the money, just to not have to worry about it, but it is centrally positioned next to the main shopping street in case you want to go elsewhere. Lovely staff and in general I can't fault it at all!

• Standard Room

The the roof and saunas, and steam room weren't open a bit later, and also not 100% usable at the posted opening time. Mentioning the deal with Fitness First would have been a bonus.

The staff was very helpful with the parking, great as I was stressed at the time. Upgraded to a larger room & had a great view, too. The roof terrace and adjacent spa were very nice. The fitness room was ok, happy to learn "Fitness First" very nearby offered guests passes to hotel guests for 10 EUR.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Standard Room

It was the weekend of the Rostock Marathon. The course almost passes the hotel, but the hotel offers no support to foreigners at check-in. Staff should also mention it to visitors, so people can go support or make plans to get around it. Hotel was recommended to us for its great view. We looked at a hotel roof.

The hotel is directly in the city center. Restaurants and shopping opportunities are close by. It is clean and well maintained.

• Standard Room

The windows in our room couldn't be opened and air-condition wasn't sufficient to have fresh air in the room

Wide variety of food at breakfast, ideal location near to city center and city harbour

• Premium Room with City Harbour View

Perhaps the the way in parking garage can be even better signed?

Very nice room with view to river. After sauna it was nice just sit and watch landscape and enjoy beer. Breakfast was good and there's space for everyone even crowded.

• Standard Room

we had no breakfast as it is cost too much. good breakfast lot of places near by. parking very good but little expensive.

The local of the hotel very good.

• Standard Room

Awful view from the window - full of repairment stuff, etc. See the picture attached. We needed to go back to change the room.

Location is good - city center.

• Superior Room

Lovely room with very nice view. Great breakfast, even for vegetarians. We arrived in the morning at the hotel, and could check-in much earlier than the normal check-in hours.

• Superior Room

- fantastic location in the old city, near the main shopping streets and close to the main train station - nice spacious rooms, great views in the superior rooms which have panoramic windows - very good breakfast with (among the typical stuff) very good smoked salmon in many variants and superb chocolate muffins for desert

• Standard Room

Everything perfect. We travel a lot as our business is racing and all staff was most professional we have seen over last few years even in much more expensive hotels. Quality of food and accommodation was fantastic as well as all personnel (front desk, restaurant...). I don't usually write reviews but this hotel deserves it!

• Superior Room

Lifts. I fail to understand a hotel that denies customers access to stairs. If there ever was a need to evacuate no-one would know where the emergency stairs were. And those of us that prefer stairs to waiting for lifts get a wee bit annoyed. Breakfast coffee as served too bland.

Parking wasn't immediately obvious - was underground shared with shopping centre. Once discovered the spaces in the 'hotel' area were larger. Comfortable room overlooking 'harbour', and tram stops, road, car park etc. Excellent meal in the attached restaurant. Breakfast also very good. Stick to the machine coffee. Good fruit, hot and cold options and sweet mini pastries.

• Standard Room

The internet was terrible: as a frequent traveler, I know it is one of the worst for a Radisson, anywhere in the world. Also, the mattress was rock hard

They had maple syrup for the mini pancakes, and the staff was great

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Superior Room

Housekeeping standard, old harsh towels in the bathroom and not full bath sheets.

Did not replace my in room card to order breakfast to my room on day two; this happened two weeks in a row.

• Standard Room

Wrote an email making a room request but that part of the email was ignored in entirety but they addressed an enquiry about a birthday cake for my daughter saying to call to order the type and get a quote. On the phone, they said I could order any cake and it'd be prepared the next day and accordingly charged. At front desk they told me a cake would be arranged and I tried to get more information but the receptionist said it would all be taken care of. I asked for it to be sent to my room after breakfast but they presented it to us before we started breakfast - two small squares of apple cake with 4 chocolate tubes and a big bowl of gummy candy. Of course my daughter only ate sweets for "breakfast". I was disappointed with the cake, but she was happy to get candy and a candle to blow out (no birthday candles). We had room service the next day and to make up for the sugar explosion the day before I requested no dessert. I know the staff were only trying to be nice but they gave us chocolate bars, an orange drink and more gummy candy which I had to hide quickley. Kid's meal came with adult cutlery. Having read the reviews I had high expectations which, truthfully, were not fulfilled. The room was comfortable from the size, although not sure it was as big as advertised. It looked much nicer and more spacious on the internet. I've stayed in all manner of hotels from hostels to 5 star luxury and I find this type of old-school hotel a bit stiff. I recently discovered Motel One and the Meininger Hotels and I like this new, user-orientated, user-friendly style of hotel. Staff in these hotels seem, generally speaking, more genuinely friendly and engaging. Few staff at the Radisson seemed truly friendly. One in particular was very offhand with me and I wondered if these attitudes stem from my "exotic" looks. I've lived in this region for 8 years and I sometimes compare how some interact with people like me and others.

Location was good - proximity to shops and tram stops. Good selection of toiletries: body lotion, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, shower cap. No toothbrush or cotton tips. Duvets on the bed were light and comfortable but the double bed made out of twin beds is something I really don't like, though I understand the practicality. My daughter likes to sleep in bed with me but got her arm stuck a few times. As a couple it is also not pleasant. The room had plenty of storage space for clothing and luggage. Tea and coffee making facilities were not very user-friendly but the hotel has made an effort to keep the room looking minimalist. The buffet was very good. Lots of cold cuts, pastries, bread, pancakes, muffins, freshly cooked omelettes from a friendly lady. You can also get pots of loose leaf teas and squeeze your own orange juice. More vegetarian options would have been good like grilled mushrooms, healthy salads and dips. Quite expensive for a light eater like myself.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Standard Room

The staff was really friendly, location central and the room comfortable and clean. It was my birthday and in my room there was a nice surprise from the hotel and they gave me a room with a beautiful view over the harbor. No complaints. Would definitely stay again.

Absolutely nothing

Great value, super location, very accommodating/friendly staff, super comfy rooms with harbour view. Decent gym. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Standard Room

The hotel does not have its own on-site parking - guests park in the public garage and no reservations are possible. This is not explained clearly on the hotel website and when we arrived the car park was full so we had a to queue for a space.

The hotel has an excellent central location with good facilities. Our room was a great size with a nice view of the port - very clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is very good.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Premium Room with City Harbour View

Laundry! I took a T-shirt (X larg &Boss brand) to laundry, and received it with Medium size!!😊 One time, one beetle watched in the bathroom so I reduced clean score.

Comfortable, feel staying between your friends, and valuable I beleive they do for guest more than their task, so you can stay there as a real guest. They smile REALLY not by job description. Breakfast, room service& restaurant are some samples of all excellent.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Standard Room

The staff was not brilliant, we have waited for so long before getting the room.one of the card they gave us was not working and we paid 4.50 euros for a bottle of water we drunk from the mini bar,ridiculous!!!

The room was clean and the bed was confortable

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Room

Wifi is poor in every room we have had at the hotel (including a suit) come on Radisson, you can do better!

Nice business-hotel. You get what you pay for. Good breakfast, poor gluteinfree bread options though. Defintly a four star hotel, everything is convenient. Very comfortable beds. Our favorit Hotel in Rostock. Nearby everything, the old town, City-habour and easy and short way to the Ferry-harbour.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Superior Room

Wifi did not work at a Business Room and on Friday evening there was no technician avaible to repare this. This should not happen in a hotel of this high level.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Premium Room with City Harbour View

Furniture in room was really uncomfortable. Bed had plastic sheet over the mattress making it the worst night I've ever had in a hotel. Sweated so much I woke up dehydrated with a really bad headache. Will never go back there again!

Food was good

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

Nothing at all.

Everything was exellent. One of the best hotels in Rostock Germany. The reception staff are fabules. The breakfast is lovely. The location is fantastic. I'd love to be back.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Standard Room

take care , the small lights around the bed are very dangerous: while it was on, i wanted to touch it to move it toward the bed, and i seriously burned myself! I called the reception the report the accident and ask some first aid assistance, they were unhelpful , so i had to wait the next day to find a pharmacy, i couldnt even use my hand to hold my luggage as i left the hotel, without any apologize from anyone....that's sad

centrally located, very nice Spa

Everything was fine

Everything. The spacious and convenient garage was particularly welcome after a long drive.

Low capacity on air conditioning Nice big room Good WiFi Fantastic breakfast

Location breakfast facilities

• Standard Room

location, comfort, staff, a really nice hotel

• Standard Room with City Harbour View

Great Location

• Standard Room

Strategic lim action with great hospitality, as well as the room cleanliness.

• Standard Room with City Harbour View

Congested dining room from 8am

A little outdated

Very well situated hotel with huge parking

• Standard Room

You can't sleep well because of under-construction works that begans at 8:00.

Breakfast was great.

• Premium Room with City Harbour View

Very tasty breakfast, nice quiet clean rooms with comfortable beds. Great location in the centre of the city.

• Standard Room

The children’s cot was so not the best for us swayed a bit too much for comfortable sleeping.

Very comfortable and great location.

• Superior Room

The staff was super friendly and helpful and the breakfast was wonderful. You could even order a vegan breakfast or fresh gluten free bread!

Efficiency Friendly clean

• Premium Room with City Harbour View

Great location, food, friendly and helpful staff.

• Standard Room

they never changed my linen in 5 nights, the towels are worn, there is not much place at the breakfast restaurant, the hotel looks dated

• Standard Room

Absolut tolle Bar . Super leckere Cocktails.

• Premium Room with City Harbour View

A small pool was missing in the wellness area, and opening at 12 on a Sunday is too late.

Breakfast was excellent, and the view from the room

Too small towels

Expencive breakfast.

Comfort, location.

The 24-hour parking rate was possibly a little expensive at €12.50 per day

Very convenient central location and exceptionally helpful staff.

Internetverbindung

Bar, Cocktails

The cost of the rooms.

The bed was very comfortable and it was easy having on site parking facilities.

• Standard Room

strategic location in city centre. good price for good quality

Expensive.

Good location.

• Standard Room

This is just a perfect hotel. When possible I book the Radisson at Rostock. Good facility, good restarant and very helpfull people.

• Superior Room

Friendly and efficient staff, room clean with all required facilities.

• Premium Room with City Harbour View

Amazing breakfast and the restaurant menu is top quality, my room had a nespresso machine with coffee pods replaced everyday.

• Superior Room

'Music' in common areas and restaurant is very annoying.

• Family Room

Breakfast is really generous and the view over Rostock Marina is top!

• Standard Room

We received smoking room When they will not accept smoking in hotel

Beautifull view

Internet was really bad.

• Standard Room

There was not much not to like. Friendly very efficient staff, clean rooms , comfy beds, made the stay perfect.

• Standard Room

Pillows and blankets from down and feathers. For me it's a minus, but for my partner it's okay

• Standard Room

There was still food from the previous Guest in the minibar, when we came to the room

The room size

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard Room

Great breakfast buffet, clean ,great room.close to areas that were interesting for us. The staff was helpful when I had a gps problem. Loved it

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Standard Room

The breakfast is too expensive.

Very nice comfortable Clean hotel in good location.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

check-in policy

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Evening meal poor

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Premium Room with City Harbour View

Fabulous hotel for quite reasonable money. Big rooms, comfortable bed. Great breakfast, nice bar. Very clean

Browse Radisson Blu Hotel Rostock traveller photo gallery