Reviews of Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Düsseldorf This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Karl-Arnold-Platz 5, Golzheim, 40474 Düsseldorf, Germany

#52 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

Fabulous hotel - great leisure facilities beautiful clean...

20 Euro per night parking charge

Fabulous hotel - great leisure facilities beautiful clean modern big room. Lovely foyer complimentary flavoured water - and water in the rooms. Totally wonderful. Located just along river town half an hour beautiful walk or easy to take tram. Loved it. Superior hotel.

The cleaning is the only thing
    • Standard Room

The location is very bad, there are no workers help me with my bag ! The resumption worker a women help me with my bags !! Then the next day no one can help me with any thing!

The cleaning is the only thing

Love the pool and the gym, it was a real treat for us
    • Standard Room

Well, tiny point. The food overall was as I expected, the breakfasts set you up for the day, the choice was simply vast, cereals, dozens of different bread types, muesli, as much coffee as we could drink, it's just the sausages were of a very cheap kind, not what we expected, and the bacon was well, leathery! It wasn't a real problem because of the huge choice, but I was surprised. We stayed at Radisson in Amsterdam and Liverpool, UK, and the sausages were absolutely top drawer, I still rate 10/10 and will return, just maybe get better quality sausages.

Radisson never fails to meet very high standards. Staff are polite, helpful and I said to my wife at the end of the trip, you never hear the word "no" - it's always yes, yes you can extend your stay, yes, we have information about whatever, you feel pampered basically!

I will definitely book this hotel whenever I visit Düsseldorf again!
    • Standard Room

A bit far from the Altstadt on foot (public transport is close), but you can walk along the riverside which it is fantastic!

The hotel is agreeable, calm and clean, late checkout is possible. The staff at the reception was very helpful and kind all the time. The wellness area is fantastic! Close to the airport.

The best choice for all purposes
    • Standard Room

The floor at the swimming pool was slippery

The breakfast was excellent and I really like the fact that there are wellness facilities. And of course a good public transport in front of the hotel

Delicious breakfast and darling as they had colored eggs and...
    • Premium Room

Delicious breakfast and darling as they had colored eggs and chocolate bunnies for the kids. Everyone was really kind. Things are very clean and modern. We love Radisson Blu Hotels!

Really nice room - amazing shower, comfortable bed, iron...
    • Standard Room

Disappointed that the massage was only available from a guy that they call in from the outside so it was not an option to have a couples massage. Don’t order the tapas from the bar menu!!!

Really nice room - amazing shower, comfortable bed, iron & ironing board in the room, fridge, friendly staff. Dressing gown & slippers available. Nice pool & sauna.

The Breakfast is excellent and location for Prowein was...
    • Standard Room

The bed bug covers make the beds awful...The price during Prowein is awful for what you get.

The Breakfast is excellent and location for Prowein was excellent

Practical, but somewhat cold and impersonal solution for a stay close to Düsseldorf Messe
    • Standard Room

The room furniture and it’s overa feel are somewhat cold and very cold and impersonal. There are not enough elevators for the rooms and floors, and in a business hotels it’s truly an issue. The F&B offering at the bar is disappointing both in quality and variety. The design and feel of the hall is as cold and impersonal as the rooms. Considering the price, I would have expected something more exciting...

Good location if you’re planning to visit a fair or event at Düsseldorf Messe. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The breakfast was very good, although the coffee of poor quality. Finally, the staff was friendly.

Hotel location is good very close to Rhein Düsseldorf &...
    • Premium Room

Bed in the Business room wasn't good at all for a Radisson. We could not sleep well at all. I have slept much better in much cheaper hotels. A decent bed where a man can sleep comfortably is a must.

Hotel location is good very close to Rhein Düsseldorf & the breakfast was really good. It was snowing & the view outside was very nice.

convenient location; suits american style business traveller, so long as you tolerate aircon.
    • Standard Room

The booking process over the booking.com website. This was no special rate that we received; we paid the lowest rate published by the hotel itself of 95 euro for a double room for the 9 hours that we were guests of the hotel. And as I said, maybe it was us, but we both thought the offer included breakfast, and were embarrassed upon check in to find that it didn't.

We chose this hotel primarily for the location. You can park for free on the Rheinüfer, about 70 metres from the Hotel lobby and that way avoid the expensive parking fees offered by the hotel itself. The bed was for me a little too hard. We arrived at 1 am in the morning, after an evening out and we didn't examine the room lock. Our door was inadvertently opened, probably by cleaning staff around 7:30 am. A bit creepy. I really don't like the newer style american hotels like this one, with unopenable windows and air conditioning. I wake with a horrible headache and despite drinking litres of water, I feel dried out like a prune. The pool area and gym facilities are the best that I have encountered in a hotel of this stature.

The staff were friendly, informative, and helpful.
    • Standard Room

Room service (we ordered kiddy’s box) took longer than expected but maybe it was during dinner time. The juice was not included to the kiddy’s box (although it was mentioned on the menu). Toilet was a bit dirty.

The staff were friendly, informative, and helpful. We ordered extra pillows and they came very fast.

Best choice for Messe visitors/ exhibitors!
    • Standard Room

I think the charge of breakfast should be a bit lower (~20€)

We all loved tbe breakfast! You should definitely try the live cooking of your omelette! Personnel was very helpful, smiling and effective! The room was quite good, just maybe a bit hot sometimes. The sauna and the pool are also must 👌

Nice weekend in Düsseldorf
    • Standard Room

The mattress and pillows were way too soft. I know it's a personal preference but have to say that I got back pain after sleeping in the bed. Another thing is, it would be great to have jacuzzi in the wellness section.

Very nice staff, good food, very clean. I really enjoyed my stay.

OK to explore, disappointing for relaxation
    • Standard Room

Swimming pool area very small very little room to relax, spa treatments outsourced and not available during normal working hours

convenient location, friendly helpful staff

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The breakfast was great, rooms have a good size.
    • Standard Room

My colleague had a room next to the elevator and which was very noisy. He complained at the receptionist who answered “We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope you stay with us in the future.”

The breakfast was great, rooms have a good size.

Flawless...
    • Standard Room

Only area for improvement would have been that the beds could have been bigger, although in fairness they were standard size.

Everything was very smooth and easy, helpful staff, great location, clean, modern.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is comming to Dusseldorf for exhibitions to Messe centre
    • Standard Room

-the location is very nice, between the exhibition centre and city centre -the train is in just 1 minute walk -the room is cosy and very warm -breakfast is good

Good quiet location conveniently situated
    • Standard Room

Ours was only a brief stay - not much to dislike!

The hotel was very busy because, like us, a lot of guests were attending a concert at Esprit Stafium. However we found the staff very friendly and any requests (like fresh milk) were dealt with promptly

Decoration of lobby & fire place.
    • Premium Room

Old fashion in elavstor & sound in elevator when it run up or down. Old fashion of carpet in floor.

Decoration of lobby & fire place. Good breakfast.

The Radisson Blu is a great facility for a visit to Dusseldorf.
    • Standard Room

Some misunderstanding about parking cost but were able to work out a compromise. Also, breakfast is very pricey. On site facilities not as nice as the nearby Hilton.

Beautiful, modern hotel in an excellent location in Dusseldorf. Only a block from the rail (streetcar) line and near the Rhein River. The room was spacious and comfortable. Got in late so ordered room service - very pricey but guess all room service is.

Excellent Hotel
    • Standard Room

It would have been good to have a hot spa next to the pool.

We stayed twice, 2 nights the first time then 1 night a couple of weeks later. Second visit the bed was extra comfy, the pool is great, the breakfast is really good, very helpful, friendly staff, short walk to catch a tram to the city centre and train station, only 10 minutes drive to the airport. The massage therapist was really good but need to book in advance.

Would not recommend a stay
    • Standard Room

Left my jogging pants in the bed at property. Called immediately after leaving and we got told we could pick it up anytime. Since we were on our way to the airport we arranged the pick up a week later after arriving in D-Dorf. Suddenly none of the staff knew about the pants and declined to reimburse me for it. Very unprofessional and no customer service

Staff is very friendly
    • Standard Room

The elevators always seemto have issues. They are also very loud. Avoid any room 15 meters from the elevator or you won't sleep

Staff is very friendly

near the airport, nice staff, nice rooms
    • Standard Room

As we may expect from a Radisson, the rooms were clean and nice. Team was very friendly and hotel is well located near the airport. As Radisson member, I like the service. The breakfast is very good and large choice, however at very expensive price of 24€ a person...also for a kid of 13 year. Also strange that hotel guest have to pay for the hotel parking...18€ for 1 night. So I parked outside without any problem, but had to pay 3€ because I entered the parking for 2 minutes... The elevator was also not working, and seen the papers of guidance to service elevator, this is going on some some days now. And guests smoking at the entrance, welcoming you with a big cloud of smoke should be avoided also. The picture of the swimming pool should be adapted. It is a very very little swimming pool while on the picture it looks like Olympic swimming pool ;-)

near the airport, nice staff, nice rooms

Nice hotel, good location, great facilities
    • Standard Room

Bar staff kept forgetting orders, had to ask more than once for drinks. Happened a few times. Other tables too.

Good location. Clean hotel. Nice staff. Pool and sauna facilities are excellent

Very good hotel, excellent location.
    • Standard Room

The television didn't have a lot of channels, specially *ALL* of them are German. I think more foreigners come more than German! We also requested a connected room but it didn't include. We are a familly and my kids were in other rooms so they have to come and go! It was so noisy and uncomfortable. But after the overall, it's a gooooood hotel!!

The breakfast was very good, in good quality. It's close from many things the hotel. The staff are ver friendly, and we really used your umbrellas otherwise we would've ended up sick and wet. Thanks for everything

We would go back. Fabulous swimming pool & really happy staff!
    • Standard Room

The room service pizza wasnt so good!

Amazing cool to order omelette! An interesting choice of German seeded breads! Freshly squeezed orange juice. Great coffee. Late 11am breakfast always appreciated! Fabulous cheese and nuts ad seeds. The best buffet style breakfast I have ever had.

Perfect spot and feel good factor

At £25 the breakfast is too expensive

I very much rate the design of the rooms and bathroom (furnishings, style and quality) and I very much enjoyed the breakfast in the garden

Close to the airport and transportation. A great place to stay after a long flight.
    • Standard Room

The room was a little small, but adequate.

The room was very clean and comfortable. The swimming pool and sauna were perfect for winding down after a long plane trip.

Large, light bedroom
    • Standard Room

Housekeeping staff entered our room twice without knocking - very poor Only one elevator in service Only one front desk person, busy on telephone, so we had to leave without check out

Large, light bedroom

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

we had to leave 2 days prior to our booking and the hotel...
    • Standard Room

we had to leave 2 days prior to our booking and the hotel didn't accept to consider a pay back for non used days despite the fact that the rooms were sold again which means double sales

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Family stay over carneval
    • Standard Room

Also all staff were friendly it did not feel like a family oriented hotel and as a family with small children I felt a bit like the odd one out . Bread at breakfast was very dry . Room was small for 4 of us

Lovely to have a swimming pool which we used daily with our children . Delicious freshly made Omelett in the morning . The breakfast chef and the barman in the evening both stood out in service and friendliness , thanks for making us feel so welcome

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Nice hotel, not too expensive usually
    • Standard Room

I preferred the old sauna center they had, with 3 saunas and a jacuzzi. Now there's just one dry sauna, some showers, pool and lounge area. Room was too hot at night even with the the heating turned off and duvee removed from its cover.

Hotel is nice, clean, stylish, with swimming pool and dry sauna. Didn't have breakfast there, went to a bakery down the road that the reception guy suggested. Pastries were undercooked, not nice. Cappuccino was very small.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Would stay here again!
    • Standard Room

The pool was so cold ! Minor issue but would have preferred if it was warmer :)

The pillows were amazing ! So soft, the bed was extra comfy. I loved the breakfast ! Although pricey, the selection was vast and delicious ! Our room was so big, with more than enough space for me and my mum. I had a great time, thank you to all the staff ! Perfect location, with the main town only 4 tram stops away, U79 & U78 stop right outside the hotel

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

OK facilities , but poor value for money
    • Standard Room

Good tram connections , but a very soulless part of Town .

It was Dusseldorf Boot Show time , and there was not a lot else available , but it was still quite expensive ( €200 per night without breakfast ) for what it was

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

It was a quite and cosy stay.
    • Standard Room

It was a quite and cosy stay. Nothing fancy. The hotel is rather for business stays - impersonal. Paid around €100 per night which I think is excessive for this place but yet again I find hotels nowadays are overpriced for what they offer.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Clean room, great atmosphere, good public transport to show and downtown!!
    • Standard Room

Breakfast was pretty pricy ... €24 p.pers.

Great Hotel with Scandinavian Flair ... Location perfect for visiting showground and also to downtown only few minutes by tram.

Location was not bad!
    • Standard Room

The staff was a bit stressed with a full restaurant breakfast time, pool is very small, no slippers in bedroom, must be asked at reception! Not impressed but not bad for 1 night stay!

Location was not bad! Nice sauna

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Great stay for good price close to Dusseldorf centre!
    • Standard Room

It was a bit too warm in the rooms, only opening window would cool it down. Staff could have told us that you need 1 euro deposit for the locker of the swimming pool.

The sauna and swimming pool were very nice. The hotel is only 6 m by tram from the centre and you can park at the hotel. Very comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Pleasant weekend stay overall.
    • Standard Room

Towels at the wellness area were not always available. No bathrobes provided. Breakfast is good, but overpriced at 24 EUR/person. I had a special request to separate private and business costs on the invoice which proved to be problematic.

The wellness area, sauna, pool and opening hours are great. Food was excellent, including breakfast and food at the bar. Very good and fast taxi service. Close to the Rhine river and a park, good for walks and running.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Comfortable, excellent location hotel
    • Standard Room

I was charged twice by cash and Visa card for the extra expenses .... mini bar , dinner

I have visited Messe exhibition and the location is 10 minutes from Exhibition and 10 minutes from downtown 2 minutes walk to the tram station

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Be careful of theft!!!!!
    • Standard Room

I lost my whole bag from the Lobby in few seconds!!! Lost Passport, Laptop, Mobile and all documents. Was such a hassle to manage later. Hotel authorities were very helpful and cooperative, specially the General Manager. They did their best to support further. What is unfortunate that it's quite common during exhibition period, there are such gangs in the city who targets such people to steal the bags and other stuff. Be extremely careful with your belongings while you travel specially in Dusseldorf !!!!

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Stay with poorly child
    • Standard Room

My son was taken ill whilst there and the hotel staff were so helpful and accommodating. They were genuinely concerned about his health and their assistance and conscientiousness was truly exceptional. I couldn't thank them enough and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Ok for the price!
    • Standard Room

The shower area didn't seem organised the shower door needed to be a inch longer and perhaps fixed,the water from the shower wet the floor. The mattress was too soft (preference for firmer) TV CHANNELS we're ok but the hotel needs to offer more choice - more English TV such as films, comedy or drama The hotel was too far from the centre of town as well with limited restaurants or bars local

Hotel foyer and bar area was nice. The room was adequate

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Football,staying in Düsseldorf,travelled to Gladbach.

Nothin,tried to get drink at 4am,said no. Understandable

Leisure facilities excellent,tram stop right outside on kaiserwerther St,4 stops to Altstadt. In nice area,Golzheim.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Nice hotel in a business area
    • Standard Room

expensive breakfast, no intimacy in the bathroom due to glass door, which didnt even properly close.

Big room, good location, good Wellness and Fitness facilities

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

1. Nice breakfast spread
    • Standard Room

1. Crazy price because of fair 2. Bed can be softer 3. Shower room glass door double as door for the shower room ?

1. Nice breakfast spread 2. Near to Messe

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

I can highly recommend it
    • Standard Room

Couple of little hiccups that were immediately taken care of by the management they even come to some free breakfast and some drinks for any inconvenience we had that's beyond what you can ask for

I'm a local native that lives in the u.s. going back to the hotel for the third time under the third different operator in 12 years and I have to say these guys have done an amazing job modern remodel very good rooms incredibly clean spa and Facilities great room service and a great bar

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Nice quiet hotel
    • Premium Room

The AC was so bad and we asked them to fix it they came but nothing changed

The staff was so nice ,breakfast was good And my kids was so happy because the indoor swimming pool close at 11 pm

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Modern, clean, descent value but not perfect
    • Standard Room

No toothbrush or toothpaste in room although I had an iron and ironing board. When all lights were off the electrical wall socket was also off so my iPhone wasn't charged in the morning.

Internet speed was great. Room service was quick.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

When in Dusseldorf Golzheim, this is a solid choice for business. OK with family!
    • Standard Room

Terrible in room air & no decent AC. luckily the heat-wave passed and we were able to sleep with an open window. Dinner option in the Hotel very limited, due to it being a business hotel with many day guests or guests who choose one of the many great restaurants in the city. It's decent bar snacks & good roomservice. Hated all the rubber covers in the bedding, but it is of course a hygiene factor.

Great breakfast, but terribly overcrowded on the weekend brunch (which is a testament to the great variety and quality of the offering), so well done to the F&B team.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Good But Would Have Been Much Better If Door And Gate Worked Better
    • Standard Room

Equipment problems. Keyless room door did not work properly. Key needed to be reset 4 times. Gate to parking lot did not work using ticket issued. Refrigerator in room was cool at best. Told attendant at front desk but no improvement during my stay.

Close to a subway station. Not on the river (what I expected) but close walking distance. Available parking (for a fee). Reasonable price. Room service food was good for a chain hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The location is good for visiting the Altstad and business...
    • Standard Room

Unfortunately the bed was far too short for a 2 m tall person and the mattress was far too soft, resulting in getting up with a back ache..

The location is good for visiting the Altstad and business district. Taxis are promptly availavle but there also is a regular tram service just 50 metres across from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Check-in and breakfast staff is quite friendly
    • Premium Room

The bed is too hard Lack of ameneties like cotton pads, ear pads, etc. At times room still has smoosh on the floor or on the walls and the laundry bags have not been replaced The madress is too hard and the pillows could be better quality (more support for neck and head)

Check-in and breakfast staff is quite friendly Nice breakfast and possible for takeaway breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

We like this hotel ... a lot
    • Standard Room

Although it may sound like a bit of an advert for Radisson: Nothing to complain about from our end.

The Radisson is usually our first port of call when staying in and around Düsseldorf: close (but not too close) to the airport, super-friendly and competent personnel. The rooms are clean, "scandinavian-modern" in Design (which we like ....), good-sized, and they are getting updated and maintained regularly (this time we had a new mattress and a walk-in shower). Wi-Fi works great, so that you can actually stay and work in the room, and the breakfast - if you are willing to pay about 25 EUR - is worth it, provided you have enough time to benefit from all that's on offer.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

More or less what one would expect from a 4* hotel.
    • Standard Room

Part of reason for booking this hotel was that it had a garden area, however, it was accessed theough the dining area and the restaurant was closed except for breakfast so could not use at other times. Some of the electric charging sockets in the room only worked when the room lights were on which was rather strange and if one forgot and switched the lights off charginf of phones etc. stopped - anoying.

Breakfast was of a quality and standard one would expect from a 4* hotel. Good to have a smoking room.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Only a very brief stay.
    • Standard Room

Personally I loathe the TV blaring out when you enter a hotel room, supposedly to "welcome" you. But Radisson share this horror with many other hotels.

Only a very brief stay. Good location very close to U-Bahn (10 mins direct to main station); staff pleasant; hotel room perfectly comfortable.

Excited

Service

Good

Super room, clean and spacious.
    • Standard Room

Super room, clean and spacious. Comfy bed. Helpful staff. Food good. All in all had a great stay

Good
    • Standard Room

The decor is bland. I would expect it to be better Italian- like design.

The pool was big enough with perfect temperature in a heated room

Very good if you don t want to spend 2-3 at pool.

Piscina.

Camera, curățenia, personalul.

anther memorable visit to the vibrant city of Dusselforf
    • Standard Room

the hotel location being so close to the Rhine which is always a plesurable walk to and from town

Good breakfast and convenient to travel to city center.
    • Standard Room

Parking is rather expensive.

Good breakfast and convenient to travel to city center.

Air condition was not working properly, and we slept very...
    • Standard Room

Air condition was not working properly, and we slept very bad.

Clean room and breakfast

Clean room and breakfast

Bed a bit hard.

Bed a bit hard.

Very nice for a short weekend break

Cold water in the pool

Big screen flat TV with easy wireless connection to my mobile phone, friendly staff

Very nice

All fine

Lot of light

Ideal location, transportation for the center just a few...
    • Standard Room

Ideal location, transportation for the center just a few steps away- but also close enough for a nice walk on the nice path parallel to the river.

Nice hotel well located.
    • Standard Room

Nice hotel well located. Efficient , very friendly staff .

weak

unprofessional and slow

poor young staff at front desk... said that booking.com never communicates anything to them!!! very unprofessional

Very good breakfast, very friendly staff, clean room
    • Standard Room

I hast a room next to the elevator, therefore it was a little loud at some times, even at night.

Very good breakfast, very friendly staff, clean room

Efficient and helpful
    • Standard Room

We asked for a late checkout which wasn't a problem and the staff were very helpful!

Most I liked the service in the bar area.
    • Standard Room

Most I liked the service in the bar area.

Browse Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Düsseldorf traveller photo gallery