Reviews of Relax Wellnesshotel Stuttgart This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Landhausstr. 259, Stuttgart-Ost, 70188 Stuttgart, Germany

#107 of 113 hotels in Stuttgart

5.7

5.9

4.5
    We wouldn’t stay in this hotel again.
    • Economy Double Room

Facilities not good and spa seemed not to exist.

Room was small, clean enough, no mini bar as claimed, mirror on wall cracked, bathroom adequate only. No reception when we arrived late Sunday afternoon. We had to fetch key from a postbox and let ourselves in the side door. Hotel seemed deserted. Spa facilities advertised were not available.

Cheap and convenient
    • Economy Single Room

The room was very small and hot even with the window open and the fan on. My window opened to the patio where people smoked. I am a non smoker.

Cheap and great selection of channels on the T.V

4.5
    Sauna and Jacuzi where ok and well organized
    • Economy Single Room

Room absolutely too small Air conditioning not working Bed very small

Sauna and Jacuzi where ok and well organized Breakfast poor choice and low quality

small, but nice and recently renovated room..
    • Economy Double Room

The so called outdoor "pool" was a hole in the ground! the price for parking i find was a bit overpriced.. it is placed in a building that is also used as resident, resulting in that the stairs is a cold concrete and small place.. not suitable for travelers.. for a so called "wellness" hotel the breakfast buffet was very cheap!.

it was placed at a pleasent distance to the city centre..

Horrible! Do Born book!

Didn’t even get to stay there. After booking, I received an Email stating I have to pay 25 euros extra for my daughter to stay with me in the room! Pathetic. Tried to call and the cleaning lady answered. I explained I am not prepared to pay the extra hidden cost so she said not to worry there is anyways to one available anymore to help and there is no baby bed available. She said BUT it dosnt matter because the bed is not high so if my daughter falls out (10 months old) it’s okay!!!!! I complained to booking.com but they weren’t no help either. Never again!

good quality/price ratio and good location
    • Economy Single Room

The size of the bath room : very, very small... You must not be fat... The bed was a bit hard The size of the room was OK but why do you have to have a very big sofa chair which is worthless taking a lot of space? An electricity plug near the desk table would have been good

Perfect location : parks, a good restaurant nearby, easy access from the railway station, etc... Room size OK Nice welcome Breakfast outside very pleasant Very clean

Room was a bit small, but for my purpose (spend the night...
    • Economy Single Room

Refundable deposit 50 EUR was requested even if the payment was done by debit card (via Booking.com). Deposit could be paid in cash or by card. Parking of car is quite expensive, between 10-20 EUR per night. On the other hand, parking is possible on the street around hotel if there is free place (I arrived on Sat morning and it was possible to find free parking place), at that moment it is free of charge.

Room was a bit small, but for my purpose (spend the night close to Porsche Arena) it was more than sufficient. Breakfast was ok (I used just one time), many items for choice, served from 7 a.m. up to 10 a.m. Reception was very willing and send me some recommendation about parking and receiving of "umwelt zone" ticket for my car.

Not close to the city center, but good location if you are...
    • Economy Single Room

Not close to the city center, but good location if you are in Stuttgart to attend events either in the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle or Mercedes Benz Arena: I walked back to the hotel around midnight and no problem at all.

Lack of transparency: Charged you for using services like...
    • Economy Single Room

Lack of transparency: Charged you for using services like jaccuzzi, spa and sauna and charged me 50eur for a key room and I still do not know why. They never announced this costs when I check in or did a reservation. Also there is almost nobody at the reception to answer your questions.

Clean place, easy to reach via public transport. Be prepared with earplugs and warm clothes!!!
    • Economy Single Room

The walls were paper and they only had single frame windows (only one actual window, not double, inner and outer, as you usually have). This meant that you could hear everyone's snoring from the same floor and all noise from the street came through. Also, the room was super cold because of the single frame window.

It was clean.

Great Spa, it was wonderful

Facility is rather old. Bathroom is too small. We arrived on Sunday, check in was selfservice. Entrance wasn't easy to find.

Great Spa, it was wonderful

The staff was nice, they did what they could to make up for...
    • Economy Single Room

for the price, the room was tiny, with mould in the bathroom here and there, tiny little TV, breakfast was 7,50 EUR for almost nothing, with cramped seating arrangements. all in all, I would never visit for wellness or relaxation and would only recommend it to someone for a one-nighter.

The staff was nice, they did what they could to make up for the rest

Convenient for the Mercedes museum.

Be aware no restaurants nearby but small supermarket 100m away

Convenient for the Mercedes museum. Quiet non city centre location but easy access on two U lines.

Overall, not the value for money (that we spent) we would normally expect.

Wifi was very strong and the location to the Folksfest was ideal. Staff were very friendly and helpful, but the cost was not in line with the accommodation (however, due to the Folksfest the cost was demand driven. Nice breakfast and the rooms were okay, but very small. If you are on a budget and not travelling in a peak period then this would be a pretty good value for money.

Good value for the price. Would probably stay there again.
    • Economy Double Room

The street was busy and loud. Had the windows open and which made it difficult to sleep.

The room was updated and modern. The staff was kind, friendly, and accommodating.

Lovely staff, very good location for Volksfest, nice area...
    • Economy Double Room

A bit noisy, uncomfortable bed which was slightly improved after a change of mattress and very warm (the air con didn't work) and a weak shower that was fixed really high up

Lovely staff, very good location for Volksfest, nice area very accessible via u bahn, mini bar with a free welcome drink was a nice touch

The staff was very professional.
    • Economy Double Room

The room was small. The internet kept going in and out. The parking was expensive. You are better off parking on the street.

The staff was very professional. Most of the staff spoke English. They kept me very well fed during my visit. Breakfast wasn't just what was put out on the table. The woman who cooks can make your eggs any way you want them.

Interesting hotel, chosen because of its location with...
    • Economy Double Room

Overpriced, advertised facilities did not match expectations.

Interesting hotel, chosen because of its location with relation to where I needed to go to. Its hard to write a review because it has good and bad points. Rooms are very basic but just used for shower and sleep, bed was very comfortable but bathroom MUCH TOO SMALL! MY shoulders touched both walls and I had to have the door open when using the sink - we managed but I wasnt happy with it. Breakfast was an extra €7.50 but it was ok and staff very helpful and most of them were happy. Local transport links to centre of Stuttgart - excellent, food and supermarkets and cashpoint all within 5 minutes walk. If the hotel was €20 cheaper per night I would consider it great but for the price I paid - not so good and so I rate it as fair. More pictures would be good because I says it has a gym - the gym is actually 4/5 pieces of old equipment in a converted room maybe 4x3 metres and the swimming pool isnt much bigger than my bath so that left me very disappointed. Never found the Sauna/steam room that was advertised either :-(

It is a nice cozy hotel
    • Economy Double Room

The bathroom was EXTREMELY small!! Sometimes it was difficult to close the door behind you... we felt that it could've been bigger.. but it has everything you need anyway

I loved the hotel... it is so small but so cozy... we really felt relaxed there.. it has a small pond and a lot of flowers and trees.. there's a small lemon tree there....the staff was very friendly...we stayed in a room with twin beds...our room was clean and spacious, except for the bathroom, it had a nice view on the pond.. it had a tv, a small fan and a small fridge. I haven't tried the breakfast because it was a short stay, but I saw it in the morning and it looked yummy!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Nowhere to relax after 10pm.
    • Economy Single Room

Nowhere to relax after 10pm. Everything shut. Rooms hot (in May). AC not yet working. Noise from road & early risers at 4.30am didn't help.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Close to Porsche and Mercedes arena.
    • Economy Double Room

Very small room and even smaller bathroom. Price for parking and breakfast. But you can cark your car a few meters from the hotel on street for free.

Close to Porsche and Mercedes arena. You can walk there.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

I liked that my bed was big and soft.
    • Economy Single Room

Nothing was wrong with this place.

I liked that my bed was big and soft. The room was a perfect size for me. They serve scrambled eggs for breakfast!!!

Clean and quite area but very tiny room, wc.
    • Economy Double Room

Room was very small, and the WC even smaller. Tiny shower and wash basin. Wellness area is very small, although quite and beautiful. Do not count using the area easily, has to be booked in advance.

Clean and quite area/road. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Clean, convenient and pleasant B&B for a visit to Mercedes museum

4km from station wasn't convenient for 11pm arrival

Cheap, clean and convenient for Mercedes museum, easy tram back into town for train onto wherever

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Have talked a few times with staff about pre-authorization...
    • Standard Single Room

Have talked a few times with staff about pre-authorization instead of inadvance credit-card payment for stay. Anyway they charged me from card. Lost money and time for senseless phone calls. Cheaters!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Got a room on the 1st floor.
    • Economy Single Room

Got a room on the 1st floor. Best room I had so far. Very basic but clean. WiFi was good enough for Netflix. If you just looking for a place to sleep then its okay.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Room was clean.
    • Economy Double Room

No lift in the hotel and our room was on top floor and it was difficult to walk up after a long day. Room is pretty small.

Room was clean. Location is close to central station and can be reached with in 15 min.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Somewhere else next time
    • Economy Single Room

Room - still had someone's pizza in the wardrobe Breakfast - poor Location - poor Staff rude and not helpful Spa- facilities never open Room size shocking Bed on the floor Building work all day

Leaving when my return flight was due

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Not good value for what they have to offer. Very disappointed.
    • Economy Double Room

Where to start....the name of the place does not match the facilities. The hotel lobby is really the bar, reception window and breakfast area, very, very small. We are seniors and were informed we are on the top floor and there is no lift, needless to say it was 60 stairs up! We were booked in for 5 nights to go to the Octoberfest and I was not happy. The place was like being in a concrete prison, no decor, or ambience to the place. The hallway leading to our room narrowed down to about 20" which made getting your luggage down the hall a challenge. The room was the size of a cell with sloped ceiling and an ankle high bed and you knew what the neighbours were doing. The bathroom was so small you could not brush your teeth with the door closed, to use the toilet you had to wrap your arms around the sink and tuck under, the shower door barely big enough to get through and you had to climb over an knee high rim. We paid 168 Euros for the Friday and Saturday nights of our stay and breakfast and parking were extra, not a good value at all. The area had no coffee or bakery shops.

We could walk to the Canstatter Wasen (Octoberfest) UBahn station close by.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Wellness? No!
    • Economy Single Room

Unfortunately the shower was dirty. Also the room was very small. A Wellness hotel in the middle of a town is strange. Beside a Tram-station impossible, the whole night the trains were going trough the street. At all I won't book again. Staff was very complicated and fixed on their processes, not the guest was in the centre.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

The worst hotel I've ever stayed at.

Relax and Wellness Inn Steep stairs to rooms on upper floors. No elevator. Thankfully, a young women housekeeper carried one of our bags for us. Service at reception desk for the most part are not friendly. Not rude-just not nice. Rooms are extremely small. We reserved a king sized bed. It's a small double, and a foot off the floor. It's a mattress, no box springs, sitting on a wooden box. There's no air conditioning. Just a fan and open windows. Actually several rooms have air conditioning, but you pay extra. There are no dressers - a small closet and shelves. There's a tiny refrigerator. No microwave Bathroom is 3x5 feet. It was dirty when we arrived. Can't bend over to rinse mouth. Must squat. Tiny shower. Water runs hot and cold without adjusting faucet. Towels are small. No wash cloths. Paper in room said guests can have two hours per week free jacuzzi, steam room, and hot tub. They told us we had a special rate because we booked the last room, and it didn't apply to us. So, two hours cost us 30 Euros. They wouldn't turn on the steam room without an additional 10 Euros. The jacuzzi was cold. I told the receptionist. She told me it would be hot in ten minutes. When our two hours were up, it was still cold. Although, the spa room was very nice. Small parking lot in front. Costs 7.50 Euros a night to park there. Breakfast is an additional 7.50 Euros a day. Absolutely the worst hotel breakfast I've ever eaten. The hot food is barely Luke warm, and looks like it's been in the warmer too long. Fruit salad wasn't too bad first day. Second day fruit salad was clearly too old to serve. Can't get coffee to go. Milk for drinking and cereal is warm. We booked the room for five nights. We checked out the forth morning. They wouldn't refund any of our money. It was worth the financial loss to get out of there. Needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel. Sorry I rated it as a one. I couldn't use a negative number.

Not much.

Far too hot the room
    • Economy Single Room

Far too hot the room Always sweating. Hard to sleep at night.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

It was value for money. We did not expect more than what we got.

Drawbacks were that it was hot without air-conditioning and bathroom and toilet-area very small.

Run down, noisy and dirty.
    • Economy Double Room

Run down, noisy and dirty.

The room is too small and does not include A/C.
    • Economy Double Room

The room is too small and does not include A/C.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The hotel completely poor and unfair

The hotel completely poor and unfair No conditions They charge for free can of drink which they said was free

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Good location, calm.
    • Economy Double Room

No elevator. Room a bit small.

Good location, calm. Staff friendly. Hotel clean. Parking easy and free in the streets around the hotel.

Bathroom was too small.

Bathroom was too small.

Value for money stay in Stuttgart
    • Economy Double Room

Air conditioner did not work in our room

Free parking in the street

breakfast ok

breakfast ok

Disaster experience
    • Economy Double Room

No ac in the room. The hotel is like a military camp.

Nothing other than morning breakfast

The bathroom was very, very narrow.

The bathroom was very, very narrow. This was only a problem

Cheap....thats all
    • Economy Single Room

Extreme thin walls...very loud neighbours,the wellness area is too expensive.

Free wifi

Staff was friendly and very polite especially service . Glad to see all women staff .

Parking too expensive

Not comfortable at all and noisy

The mattress’s on bed were very low and well used. Wi-fi was slow .

Small but fine

Quiet small room

Near to office, was ok for just the sleepover. Very clean fascility, kind staff...

Ideal base for exploring Stuttgart

Easy to get to, clean and comfortable.

- excellent staff, very helpful
    • Economy Single Room

- excellent staff, very helpful - good wi-fi

the bath

door slightly too thin and old furniture

the bath

Fridge, kitchette in the room

Fridge, kitchette in the room

Very polite staff

The bathroom are ridiculous,only for small people

Very polite staff

Sufficient for a short business stay.

Thin walls, old plumbing....bit of street noise, too

Affordable property, close to U-Bahn

Worth it
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast options were only adequate

Room was cozy and neat. If you're going to the beer festival, it's fairly close

we will be returning next year

all of it

Overall good
    • Economy Single Room

Paying for parking on he hotel private parking place

Value for money

Good value for the Money spent.
    • Economy Double Room

Definitely no luxury, definitely not romantic.

Good value for the Money spent.

Clean.
    • Economy Double Room

Very small and definitely not for anyone who has any mobility issues.

Clean. Unique small room with star like lights on ceiling.

Cozy

Room pretty small and parking is 7.50€ a night

Cozy

Questionable
    • Economy Single Room

They charged my credit card for parking without my approuval.

comfortable, clean room

The room was extremely hot

No AC, very small rooms

No AC, very small rooms

poor facility

facillity:there is a few room with air conditioner.

Location:close to the central of Stuttgart

Good place to stay

Breakfast expensive at 9.50

Good parking, friendly staff

Bedding clean.
    • Economy Single Room

Very small dining area. Air conditioning not working.

Bedding clean.

Super nice guy in the front

The gentleman that took care of us is super nice

A very bright and clean hotel well organized
    • Economy Single Room

If may add some vegetables in breakfast would be better

Small room but quite well organized

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

communication about ordering of welness

communication about ordering of welness

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

The garden is nice and cosy.
    • Standard Single Room

It was noisy because of room construction. This should have been mentioned when somebody makes a booking.

The garden is nice and cosy.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Several terrible mistakes which made the whole stay...

Several terrible mistakes which made the whole stay uncomfortable. At the arrival, we have been told that tomorrow´s breakfast (ordered) is not possible as their cook is got sick...Pretty unprofessional. Also, we have been charged for €50 deposit (in hotel????) and a parking slot was for extra charge. Sunday´s breakfast was very average

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

It was exactly what I expected - not more, not less.

If you plan on spending more time at the hotel you might want to make sure you have more room. Otherwise I thought it was good.

It was exactly what I expected - not more, not less. The room was small but I only needed a place to stay over night, so that was fine. (arrived at 11pm and left at 8am) It was generally clean, can't complain there.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

It was quite cheap.

One of the rooms (economy) smelled like urine and we couldn't sleep because of it. It was VERY small and we had to climb over the toilet to get into the shower. The other room (standard) was a good size but for some reason automatically played music loud enough to wake us up at 7am. Very thin walls. When we finally figured out how to turn the music off we could still hear it coming from the neighbors' room.

It was quite cheap. But even so we won't visit again.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

8 tram stop from Stuttgart city centre, easily accessible,...

Jackhammer going off right outside the hotel every morning, plus banging from the DIY inside the hotel at 8AM.

8 tram stop from Stuttgart city centre, easily accessible, or €15 in a taxi

• Reviewed: 7 December 2015

Hotel is definitely good value for money, rooms are clean...

Room was a bit cold when we arrived but once we turned on the heater it was nice and warm.

Hotel is definitely good value for money, rooms are clean and is easy reachable by metro in about 25 min.

There are also 55 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.