Reviews of relexa hotel Stuttgarter Hof This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Anhalter Str. 8-9, Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, 10963 Berlin, Germany

#172 of 579 hotels in Berlin

If you are not able to walk far this hotel is not that near any of the tourist attactions,

The room did not have air condition, so this meant the room became very stuffy and hot. Even opening the windows did not help. A fan would be great in the summer months.

Very Clean and helpful staff.

Average hotel

No air conditioning. Broken window mechanism.

The staff was nice and friendly. The location was perfect in relation with our appointment. Clean bathroom.

Well located hotel

The personnel was struggling to replenish the food during the breakfast.

Vey nice hotel in a good location, very well communicated. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Great hotel to explore Berlin

Everything was perfect

Very clean and spacious rooms, especially the bathroom was perfectly clean. The staff was very nice and friendly. Free baggage storage at the reception. Excelent location, very close to Potsdamer platz, and 1 min to S metro and bus station.

Good location, not so good decor and noisy pets in room!

I was disappointed with the quality of the room and bathroom. It did not have a very modern feel inside and the decor wasn't very nice. I wasn't overly concerned by this because the room was comfy enough and in a good location. On the second night I realised that the hotel had a pet friendly policy when I was disturbed by endless barking from a nearby room. I wish I had looked into this further before booking because I am against pets being allowed in hotel rooms for the noise and hygeine issues they may cause (a previous pet friendly hotel caused me several flea bites)!! I thought the breakfast was quite limited in choice for the hot food. I wouldn't book this hotel again i'm afraid.

The location was good, near to the S Bahn or a short walk to Checkpoint Charlie. The Hotel was quite tidy and the staff were pleasant.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Taking into consideration you'll probably need to get to and from an airport...it wont be so easy to get to via public transport if you have luggsge greater than a medium sized backpack.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Checking in/out was very easy. They can get you taxi super quick.

excellent. would stay again.

No meal times displayed or menus anywhere (that we could see)

Modern and clean with lovely room/bathroom - we asked for a smoking room and got one Dining area and bar great. Staff friendly, helpful and professional and all could speak English. Breakfast not value for money and only had breakfast twice at hotel. Bar snack menu great and lunch/dinner great and good value for money. We would definitely recommend and would stay here again. We booked this hotel as we were going to the tempodrom venue and wanted to see Berlin Wall remains/museum, it was pefectly placed for our needs. All in all it was an excellent hotel.

All the staff are helpful and friendly.

WiFi is a little weak

All the staff are helpful and friendly. The room is cozy and clean. Location is good for the guests to take the public transportation.

Great spot to connect to everything important in Berlin

There were a few things.... but it is my job to notice them, and they don't affect the whole picture of the hotel

The hotel has a perfect quiet location, few steps from lidl and s-bahn which is super if you are on foot. Reception staff are super kind, helpfull and accommodating to your every need. The rooms are nice comfortable and well equipped. As a Hotel manager I strongly recommend this hotel for its price/quality ratio!

Should have stayed somewhere else

- Minimal sheets, the thermostat was broken and the room was freezing. The staff's solution was to have me bring up a heater from the front desk to my room, which I carried myself. It was super noisy. - The night concierge was not helpful at all and when I asked his assistance acted very rudely as as I interrupted him watching a tv show on his Ipad. He was not even behind the front desk but sitting on the lounge chair at the front of the hotel.

I did like the in-room kettle.

Good location, clean, comfortable 'chain' hotel, with excellent breakfast buffet.
    • Standard Single Room

My only criticism would be that the bar service was initially very slow on the only evening I ate/drank in the hotel, resulting in me going elsewhere on subsequent occasions.

The reception/front of house staff were excellent in all my dealings with them. The extensive breakfast buffet was very good, and offered excellent value for money. The room was comfortable, clean and well equipped.

Excellent value hotel in great location.

The gym wasn't very impressive, but it was what you would expect for a hotel gym in Europe. I did not eat the hotel breakfast or use their parking facility, which both seemed to be somewhat expensive.

Great location. Comfortable & clean room. Great value for the money. I would definitely stay again. The spa was nice and was reasonably priced (2 euros extra).

I liked the staff and the location was wonderful.

The additional charges were ridiculous. I booked 2 rooms for 3 people. But we got charged for more than 1 person per room. Then parking garage was outrageous with not much parking by the hotel.

I liked the staff and the location was wonderful.

The hotel is well located, the room was neat and the canteen...

The only two things I didn’t like is a really small room for two people and not enough space for clothes.

The hotel is well located, the room was neat and the canteen offers various food for any taste.

Dissapointing

I booked this hotel because of the Sauna/Wellness. I thought it was included in the quite high price we had to pay for this room. This was not true. We had to pay 2 euro per person extra for the sauna which was not very special. This could have been an extra service if it would've been given for free. The room also looked dirty and the beautiful wooden furniture and flatscreen TV were a lie. We were very dissapointed in the hotel. I also paid extra for a bathtub but the bathtub was also quite small and dissapointing.

Nothing special.

The breakfast buffet was amazing and was well worth the €14.

The shower pressure was not good in our room if you wanted a hot shower. It was also quite a walk to a lot of things but public transport was close and easy to navigate to be able to get everywhere.

The breakfast buffet was amazing and was well worth the €14. We had a perfect view to look out for the fireworks on New Years Eve. Staff were helpful.

Overall hotel was good.

Breakfast was priced a little high, we were charged €28 for two people for a buffet breakfast.

Overall hotel was good. Ideal location and walking distance to most landmarks and staff are very helpful.

Good location.

Housekeeping was hit and miss. Trying to get room service int he morning was a mission. We ordered the same thing every morning. English breakfast Tea for 2. Each morning different variation and different price. When asked guy was extremely rude, told us we had a water boiler we could make it ourself! Not ideal when you are paying for room service. One receptionist not helpful at all.

Good location. Hotel modern. One receptionist very helpful.

The restaurant was ok.

The floor in the room looked very dirty, probably because the carpet is old and it is not possible to wash it anymore. For this price I expected something better.

The restaurant was ok. Good price - quality relation but understuffed, employees were trying to be nice but the stress was visible

The stuff was great, breakfast was great and the location is...

The carpet in the room was dirty, full of stains

The stuff was great, breakfast was great and the location is convenient. Love the fact that it's a pet friendly hotel.

Schönes, ruhiges Hotel

The front desk people were friendly at times and sometimes a bit cold. We also hung our towels (being sensitive to water conservation) but housekeeping exchanged them anyway.

Good location not directly downtown, but sights and shopping were easily accessible. We also enjoyed exploring other areas of the city and felt We found a good location. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet.

Relaxing time at Relexa

Creepy businessmen.

When I rung up early in the morning to see if there was any chance of an early check in as I had to "sleep" at the airport all night, they were very accommodating. They made sure I had everything I needed. Couldn't thank the staff more. The rooms were big and clean and I got a bath in the room as I requested. The location was awesome.

Warm & friendly staff

The heat in the bed rooms was hard to turn down

The staff were friendly & welcoming to us. We stayed here for the Berlin Marathon, really good location.

Great location, comfortable rooms

The breakfast was unreasonably expensive. I was unable to book breakfast when booking the room, which is apparently cheaper, but 14 euro per person and day is ridiculous. Also, the hotel bar could be a little more inviting. Now, neither of these things are very important, as there are plenty of breakfast places nearby, and plenty of cozier bars in Berlin, and as a whole, our stay was very pleasant.

The location was good, the staff were professional and the room was comfortable.

Definitely relaxing!

Greeted ny friendly check in staff, was a nice change from previous hotels. Able to leave bags till my flight left after check out. Comfortable bed and toiletries supplied. Able to open the windows. Restaurant prices reasonable and value for money.

Wonderful stay, looking forward to returning.

As most have commented, there is no air con so at times it was very hot. Luckily during my stay it was overcast so there was a chilled breeze; the window is actually fully openable like a door you just have to turn the handle a few times.

The room was even better than the pictures, it was a pleasant surprise. Very clean and spacious room. Good shower, all the little extras like a flannel, beauty kit in the bathroom and teas were appreciated, the staff were on hand and helpful whether I needed a vegan meal, taxi or a travel adapter. Slept comfortably. I was here for a concert so it was very close to my location, however subway is good and taxis were surprisingly reasonable when I wanted to get food elsewhere. Lighting was very good.

Excellent value for money, clean, helpful, close to Check point Charlie

There is no pool but there is a gym. The was no air con and whilst we were there it was quite warm but I was aware of this before we travelled.

The spa facility

Comfortable bed.

Room (5th floor) was very hot at a constant 25 C. Not sure why as was 19-21C outside. As there is no AC they gave me a fan. WiFi is terrible. Slow and keeps dropping out. Could not get it working at all on my iPhone.

Comfortable bed. Decent location. Easy to find and check in.

Great base for an interesting city

The early morning outdoor service work (waste movement) was a little disturbing, but not a serious issue.

Very well placed within easy reach of buses and trains across the city. Welcoming friendly hotel staff. Very clean, well serviced and pleasant rooms over three days. Pleasant for an evening drink (we didn't eat there). Made our short stay stress free and memorable.

Good location, clean, comfortable beds.

There is no air-conditioning in the hotel! This is a 4 star hotel and this should be clearly pointed out before the reservation. It was impossible to stay in the room between 10am and 4 pm. Additionally reception staff was not rude but wasn't kind either - always did the minimum required

Good location, clean, comfortable beds.

Great location basic hotel

Changed room as first room was smoky. Second roomwas much better, basic but it's cheap so to be expected. Bathroom towel was dirty on arrival, asked for it to be changed twice at reception, it never was!

Location was great, close tube station and a great bar for when you return!

nice hotel , clean, good value for money.

there was no wifi, at least nobody informed us about it, there was no info in the room about wifi

nice hotel , clean, good value for money. Can recommend it for any business or leisure trip to Berlin

It made my Conference visit a good experience.

Nothing everything for me was fine. All staff were very helpful especially when my map reading was off key.

It was just and excellent stay, in always and especially having WFI which was a must for me. Thank you for my stay.

Super

Breakfast a bit expensive. We decided to go to a bar close by that was serving it for half the price.

The room was big and cozy. Very clean and quite. Beds super comfortable. Bathroom big and clean as well. The location was great and safe. Walking distance from Checkpoint Charlie and any kind of public transportation available. Staff extremely nice.

Not a good idea
    • Standard Single Room

- Please make room cleaner. It seems like that the linens were not changed after last guest. Terrible! - Spa for additional payment. First time I have ever faced with this!

- No problem with wi-fi - The hotel has took into account my request regarding to the room (I wanted the room near elevator).

The couple in the room next to us had a dog.

The couple in the room next to us had a dog. It barked very loud and all the time. That was a bit frustrating especially early in the morning. I will recommend that you give people who have dogs a room far away from other travelers. I know this is a difficult situation and I do not wish to sound negative and therefor I have given you a good recommendation :) But I think you should know about the inconvenience we experienced.

Good location, very clean the staff were helpful and...

The rooms were very hot we had the windows open all night that's the only thing I could think off apart from that bet good value for money

Good location, very clean the staff were helpful and friendly the wifi was good enough for us to stream Netflix and easy parking and check in

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

The location was superb - close to Potsdamer Platz and with access to all major sights. I was able to get to my room right after my arrival at 11 am.

Ok for a short stay

Wifi kept disconnecting, floor of the room had a lot of stains (probably still clean, just looked very dirty). Gym was very small and had to pay 2 euros.

There were enough busses to get out of this less interesting neighbourhood. Bathroom was good.

A place to go back.

Didn't had breakfast at the hotel because 14€ per person is a bit to much.

Location was great and easy to reach Checkpoint Charlie ; walking distance to Mall of Berlin. Just great.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Great value in a neighborhood close to easy public transportation options!!

Please see breakfast comment above. Having a choice of smaller/cheaper alternative would have been better for me. Other than that I loved everything!!!

This hotel was a fantastic value for the money---great location, friendly and knowledgeable staff and very clean. The Internet was very responsive. I especially liked having a safe in the room. Note: I did not use the hotel restaurant. I would not have been able to eat 9 euros worth of food for breakfast so I chose to eat smaller/cheaper elsewhere.

Nice central hotel with great wifi

On a double bed you get two single blankets - not the best solution The room has floor heating which is very slow to respond and cannot really be regulated well (there is a thermostat, but you're really taking a guess).

Great location, minutes from checkpoint Charlie Friendly staff Great wifi

Very nice hotel,very clean with friendly and helpful staff...

the room was a little small

Very nice hotel,very clean with friendly and helpful staff (they even printed the metro lines in order to explain us how we could reach the airport).The location is fantastic.Almost everything is in a walking distance

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Great price, central location (within walking distance of...

Rooms are a bit small for a 4 star hotel. Limited choice of restaurants in the immediate vicinity despite otherwise great central location, much better choice when walking 1-2 km or taking public transport for 1-2 stops.

Great price, central location (within walking distance of the most important sights), wide range of facilities available, clean and comfortable, free on-street parking nearby.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Excellent service and facilities.

The drinks were a little pricey at the bar.

The staff went above and beyond what was expected. It was great to have professionals who were able to communicate with us in English and they gave us great recommendations and help.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Smart, well located hotel, handy for walking to many of the...

Smart, well located hotel, handy for walking to many of the interesting things in central Berlin. Room was simple, clean and comfortable, everything you need for a base for exploring the city.

Average Experience

People in the cafeteria were so friendly. Location of the hotel was great. A few blocks away from the historical Charlie Checkpoint.

Some of the staff in reception were not friendly, some were actually grumpy. My room was not clean when i arrived. Dirt and dust on the floor. No slippers in the room. WiFi sucked. You have to login to a webpage on all your devices every time you enter the hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Loved it!

Need better selection of teas in room & unfortunately no milk sachets. However there is a Lidl around the corner so not really a big deal.

Quiet location but centrally located for the tourist attractions. Spotless. Luxurious and very comfortable room. Close to cafes. little fridge in room was great.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Good value for money hotel

Bed could be better, was a bit firm. Room need a cleaning in the corners.

Good breakfast, lots of different things! Personal was okay, but not too welcoming, but kind and friendly when approached. Room was spacious. Nice with complimentary water. Good location near Postdamer platz. with lots of possibilities, easy to get too from Anhalter bhf.

Look for the offers.

That the breakfast wasn't included in the price.

Firstly we found a very good offer for 3 nights so it was a pretty good value for money. The location was very nice. Close to Potsdamer Platz and near the U station. The room was very clean and tidy as the room service went by every day. All in all the facilities were exaclty as decribed.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Basic hotel in a great location!

Rooms were clean & tidy. Our room 259 was facing into a courtyard. Unfortunately the room had a terrible smell of cigarette smoke coming through it from other guests. We arrived at the hotel, got up to our room to realise we'd been given single beds (pushed together!) instead of the of the double booked. The reception staff offered us a double room on the floor above. We were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and I was a bit disappointed the hotel never did anything to make us feel a bit more welcome in the way of offering us a nicer room or a better view!!

Good location.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Would go there again

There was only one thing I disliked. That the vemtilation in the bathroom isn't cleaned!

Everything we wantes to do was very near, so we could walk everywhere! I also liked how cheap it was.

High value for money in central Berlin

At the time of our stay there was a problem with the heating system, temperature could not be adjusted - it was much too warm in the room.

Value for money is excellent. Location is excellent. Kitchen surprisingly good for a hotel, creative, light, tasty...staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Perfect for my purpose in Berlin: Berlinale!

Shower very narrow for tall guy like me, internet nightmare, strong Telekom signals always override weak hotel email..bad!

Nice comfortable hotel, good facilities, clean good breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Good Location and clean!

To be honest, we didn't try breakfast, but I think 14 Eur per person is a bit too expensive.

Location is good, easy to get around with trains. It was very nice to have a proper double bed and not those joined together. Room itself was quiet, massive windows and high ceiling gave some charm to it.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Really nice hotel in great location.

The wellness area could be made a little more modern, but still it's really nice :)

Very friendly & helpful staff. Very close to a lot of touristy stuff :)

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

I'd book again
    • Standard Single Room

- Couldn't get the wi-fi work on my laptop at all so had to rely on my mobile phone.

- What I liked the most was that the price was reasonably low but the hotel was still very good. - The room was clean and the cleaners did very nice work with everything. I hope they'll have good careers. - I liked the quiet neighbourhood. However, I'm not a true hipster and I believe that many would find the area boring because it isn't that charismatic. But getting into those more trendy parts of Berlin was easy because of the proximity of Anhalter Bahnhof and U-bahn station.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

very comfortable and i had lovely time with my family able to join me and use the bar/restaurant.

the gym equipment was disappointing. I had problems working it and in the end just used the treadmill.

the restaurant was excellent and the staff were very nice. the sauna was also excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

good value for money
    • Standard Single Room

Surprisingly poor noise isolation inside - the only thing really. Rest was very good

Warm cosy clean rooms, excellent breakfast and friendly helpful staff

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Exceptional - couldn't have been better and more relex(a)ed!

We were welcomed with extraordinary friendliness, even our special requests found more than significant consideration. We had the most comfortable room imaginable. Absolute recommendation - with much better atmosphere and profession than the hotels close by. Could easily carry 5 stars instead of 4!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Centrally located and well recommended

I had a room close to the elevator, so it was a little bit noisy. Bed is ok, but pillows are really unconfortable.

Great location, friendly stuff, clean and warm room, good wifi connection, which is very important for business people.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Perfect location

For the sake of €2 per person for the sauna, steam room etc., I would have thought it would be included in the price, even if that meant paying a little more.

The location was perfect for sightseeing, the bedrooms were really comfortable and the cleanliness was great.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Good location, good customer service, good buffet breakfast,...

Hotel a bit dated, stale smell in the room, double bed is actually two single beds put together.

Good location, good customer service, good buffet breakfast, comfortable beds, clean room.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Would recommend - good tourist location

Being very picky, I didn't like the pillows, but this is a very minor negative.

Location was very good and close to a few tourist sites with excellent access to the transport links. Staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Great location, friendly staff, clean and great value for money!

Walking distance from all main attractions, friendly staff, clean and great value for money. It was our first time to Berlin and it couldn't have gone any better!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

A very good hotel

Nothing to complain about.

excellent location, comfortable and good bathrooms rooms. attentive and gentle staff. Breakfast not included but very good and costs 15 euros per person. We chose to take breakfast at the hotel and enjoyed. The hotel is close to Potsdamer Platz where everything happens. We hope to return soon.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

The hotel was perfectly based / located.

Some of the furniture in the room was a little dated and worn but that is minor.

The hotel was perfectly based / located. I was taking part in the Berlin Marathon and is was only 10 minute walk to the Messe and 15 minutes to the start. All the staff were really friendly and helpful and always greeted you with a smile. The view from our room was super - but we were on 6th floor.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Expensive but a good hotel in a good location.

The hotel was expensive.

The hotel was modern and clean. Great location for Brandenburg Gate (1 mile) and other attractions. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was a great place to stay for the Berlin Marathon.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Perfect for Berlin Marathon weekend

Wi-fi was a bit weak, hair dryer wasn't very powerful.

Lovely room, nice and quiet, comfortable bed, efficient lift, good breakfast buffet and excellent evening meal in hotel's own restaurant.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

facilities were of the highest quality, we felt like royalty.

facilities were of the highest quality, we felt like royalty. all of the main attractions were relatively close! not to forget that the price was excellent similar to what we would have paid for a hostel!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Not much to do in the immediate area, but close to metro stations

Quiet area with not much to do in the immediate vicinity, but other areas were easily accessible by metro. Breakfast was average. No aircon in the room, was a bit uncomfortable and stuffy during summer.

Two metro stations on separate lines were close by and within easy walking distance. Friendly reception, clean rooms.

Great location - helpful staff - very clean and nice outdoor restaurant- good food!

Great customer service. Free baggage storage!!! 👍

Trip to berlin

The weather was 30 and there was no air conditioning which made or difficult to sleep.

The location.food,staff

Its good location connected to all public transport and...
    • Standard Single Room

Its good location connected to all public transport and nearby a lot of the atractions

Very pleasant, nothing to complain about.

The carpet in the room was a bit shabby.

Guy at the check-in desk was really nice.