Reviews of Riessersee Hotel 4 stars

Rieß 5, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany

#28 of 36 hotels in Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Execllent location in the mountains of Garmisch! The breakfast provided had a large variety of pastries and various foods to choose from. I would definitely use this resort again for family vacation.

• Master Suite

The dinner at the hotel restaurant was well overpriced for the food it served. The hotel and the rooms were overheated - day and night (and the heating was off). Fortunately the weather allowed for cooling off. A German receptionist, and the hotel manager, have held their noses too high - for such a lovely location and setting (phew) but the rest of international staff made it all up.

Nice view on the lake and a great place for a morning jog.

• Maisonette Suite

The sun terrace needs some upgrading

The location is breathtaking! The bar area and reception reminded of an old English pub really beautiful with comfortable chairs to enjoy a drink. Also in the hotel is a very nice Spa area. Big enough parking area with an underground parking area. The rooms are comfortable with aircondition. Not far from the hotel is the Riessersee where one can also relax and have something to eat or drink. The food is definitely worth 5 stars.

• Maisonette Suite

Our room was not made up one day, they forgot our room! The drain in the tub needs to be cleaned because the water drained very slow. And there was some mold in the shower/tub. I also asked for an extra pillow on our second day and never received it.

Breakfast was excellent, property was well maintained and the staff was friendly.

Staff have no idea what they should do... not clear about pricing and policy, not really professional. And direction was missing inside the building, one really got lost.

Nice location, convenient for driving. Has swimming pool and sauna, a plus for after-hiking. The hotel even has a lake inside, the view was great.

• Maisonette Suite

Service at the Restaurant (some of the staff didn't know German!) The room was not suitable for family with a baby There was no kettel, glas or other tools to prepare or eat food in the room (It is a 4 star hotel!) If you travel with a car, be careful, because the road to the hotel is terrible.

The location of the hotel

Service was the worse I’ve ever had. Room was not cleaned the first week. There were gummies spots on the floor which had been there before I got there. My used glasses were left dirty for a week! I was afraid to drink out of them. Amenities were used before I got to the room. All I got was empty boxes. The service desk at every hotel I have stayed at always lets me know how to get to my room. I had to discover the elevator and the fact it took two elevators to move my luggage. The service desk just pointed at the building. Service personnel were not friendly or courteous. My German friend who also stayed at the time period also said the service desk was not friendly or courteous. I ate at the hotel restaurant which was empty when I arrived but had to wait on dinner for one hour and ten minutes for a filet was was passable. My friend and obviously were put at the bottom of the list for food. Facilities were wonderful. I am a spire elite member with IHG. I I have traveled Europe for forty years and have never had such neglectful service. Ladies at breakfast were very friendly and happy to see every customer. I regularly use Trip Advisor as do most seasoned travelers.

There is no easy way to get to ski slopes. Only with your own car. Ski room has shortage of ski boot dryers. Bar is open from 7pm (but hotel booklet states from 5pm) - you don't have chances to get а cup of cafe before 7pm. If you book the room without dinner you can easily stay hungry until breakfast like my family and me. In one day they closed all restaurants except outdoor one and their priority became booked dinners so we had to wait for more then one hour for meal and after waiting we got food with very suspicious quality. Room service is very poor. We had shortage of toilet papers in two days and hotel didn't fix it. Order after cleaning was bad. We had sticky blemishes and dirty glasses after daily cleaning.

View is nice. Sauna and Spa is ok.

Front desk staff for a hotel like this, needs some customer service training!

Great location, great breakfast also the servers were very friendly, I liked that we had a balcony and the room, bed was very comfy.

Locations isolated from city with 4 km to reach city centre. Taxi to slopes in Garmisch area 15 € and Zugpitze 25 €.

This hotel is not the right one if you plan to go downhill skiing. You always need to take a taxi to and from the slopes. Would recommend hotel to arrange a shuttle service in the morning and around 4 pm to make it easier to reach and come back from the slopes. Otherwise good breakfast, quality of Hotel ok but closer to 3 stars and personnel was always willing to help. The SPA was ok but Finnish sauna a bit out of date.

• Maisonette Suite

Crowded restaurants, complicated accesses to the restaurants and spa, limited space of spa areas, unbalanced functioning of room heating system, location far from city center, under-staffed reception at Sunday morning check-out.

Spacy suite, nice view, large swimming pool, nice selection of breakfast food, fair price.

• Maisonette Suite

The way of contracting the pay TV is not acceptable. My children bought Sky TV and the hotel insisted in charging me 12 euros (in a bill of more tan 3000euors) for the wrong booking of this service. Unacceptable. Also they wrongly charge me 70euros in dinner cost. I had to review carefully the bill. This should not happen

The environment is great. The restaurant in the lake is a quite good restarurant in an outstanding location

Very rude staff. Misleading booking information from booking.com. We looked online saying we were a party of 6 wanting 3 rooms. Booking.com came up with our hotel. We booked 3 double rooms thinking we were accommodating 6 people to be told by hotel staff at the end of our stay that we had to pay £360 more as only 3 people were booked in. Maybe Booking.com should do an automatic double room policy of a double room being for 2 people and have an opt out single person option instead of having to opt in to 2 people policy. After all a double room is, more often than not, for 2 persons. Never once throughput our stay did the hotel tell us of our mistake, even though 6 people went down to breakfast each day and we bought 6 ski lift passes from them. The staff could not have been more rude to us about the matter. We will not return and not recommend this hotel. Not impressed with Booking.com at all.

Cleanliness of rooms. Facilities.

Beautiful location next to the lake. It sits up on a hill overlooking the town, with the lake behind you. Rooms were spacious and the staff was very accommodating. The breakfast was great! Even had pancakes!

• Maisonette Suite

we had half board, and unfortunatelly it s been a dissapointment. Same courses repeated every two days, diversity of food very limited, we do not recommend half board. We ll be back to this resort for sure, but we won t take half board.

Nice, big resort, spectacular location, clean room, loved the spa, nice helpful staff, good breakfast.

• Double Room - Christmas Package

See above

Lobby area was nice Breakfast was the same everyday - not variety and basic Dinner was included each night - variety was limited as buffet - good if you arrived early but not kept fresh throughout buffet time The staff was rude and not very helpful. I moved to another hotel and found the staff friendly and value for money much better The website was incorrect on several topics Location requires car as it is not on a bus route and isolated from other shops and restaurants

We visited in winter and it seemed the place would be really active in the summer months with the lake.

Nice little resort which seemed to have lots of activities.

Wrote request with booking-ignored me.Noise at night and in the morning.Explanation from reception staff very poor.Some food at breakfest OFF.

Nothing .

It's a little far off the ski slopes. You need the car to get to the nearest lift. Or you have to walk a kilometer with your ski shoes..

The wellness is great, breakfast too, beautiful location,..

• Maisonette Suite

The Staff was amazing. Check in and Check out were really fast. The amazing breakfast with local Bavarian Sausages. Amazing mountain view from the Apartment. special mention the sauna and warm pool

• Maisonette Suite

Nothing could of been better, its was a great place to stay.

Rooms were extremely nice. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Parking was right out front, no problem there. Nice view and the spa was neat and fun to warm up too after a day of skiing.

- the Hotel consit's out of 4 buildings and the marks to find the SPA / fitness area are a bit confusing - no towels in the fitness area and the air was bad (no window) -

- the Hotel is perfect locatet, on a hill with a perfect view on Garmisch - the rooms are good and the size is ok - the SPA area is very good and the pool is big; fitness room a bit small - the staff of the Hotel is kindly and helpful - parking in the underground possible

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Had a wonderful time. So nice I added more days. The staff were great. Excellent location with perfect nature walks. They have great trails to get into town and around the forest and lake.

• Maisonette Suite

Everything was excellent. The property can not be reached by public transport and this might be a problem on rainy days. The breakfast spread and buffet dinner are exceptional. The location is really special. Its an easy hike to the Alpspix bergbahn, which is a must see.

We had a great time, two couples away for the weekend. The rooms are comfortable, the spa exactly what we needed and the bar a pleasure in the evening.

• Maisonette Suite

hotel bar didn't open until 20;00 and whilst lakeside restaurant was open, it didn't feel friendly if all you wanted was a drink. therefore there was no where to have a pre-dinner drink. mini bar was not stocked on arrival and took 2 requests on day to be filled (included in the price). when it was, it only had one beer and one juice which for two people seemed wrong. no tea / coffee making facility in the room although this seems to be "normal" for German hotels although in an establishment that is claiming to be 4* plus - it is a bad omission. Slowest lift ever!

very good breakfast. position is great. pool complex was very good, food in laeside restaurant was good

Serves very bad

No one helpe us to take our bage from the care ..the reseption said help your self Whene we leave the hotel we take our bages be my self no one help us from hotel

We asked for a room with a nice view, because it was our anniversary - we got probably the worst view in the hotel.. The breakfast was ok, nothing more. I don't understand why people seem to like it so much, it's really just average. For the price you pay this hotel is definitely not worth it!!! I was expecting a lot more..

The sorroundings of the hotell are really beautiful. The room is quite cool with 2 levels

• Maisonette Suite

You need to carry your baggage by yourself especially the elevator do not service all floors

They give us the best view in the hotel, i think no room share the view for garmisch like we got Our room number 328

The location is very beautiful !! However, the staff treat customers/ people from middle east differently/ unfairly. They ask Arab people to pay 300 Euro as a deposit for any damage could happen to the room while European customers are exempted!!!!!? Also This 300 Euro/ deposit is not mentioned in Booking.com details/info.!!!

The location is so beautiful.

• Maisonette Suite

1 i go to eat dinner in the resturant but the waiter treat me very badly and tell me the resturant is close but he serves all other tables, if the resturant is close why he serve other tables and bring ice cream and coffee for them ( by the way i order only frinch fries for my kids !!!!) if the resturant is close i will respect the rule , but when he serve every body expet me !?!?!?!? How this hotel do this thing to his customers!?!? 2 no coffee or tea machine in the room 3 any room order they add 7 € which is too much even if i order only tea I think the staff need more work on them selves I will not choose this proprety again

I like the place , view and the rooms are big

• Master Suite

Restaurant was excellent! Friendly service, allowed for the language barrier, explained the menu. Nice dress. Check-in staff was very efficient, friendly, made us feel very welcome. Rooms were clean, amenities (soap, shampoo, ect) was very plentiful. Maids did good job. Parking was good and always close to hotel entrance. A true 5 star resort. Oh, the food was delicious! Will go back.

• Master Suite

After 8 hours over night flight we arrive to hotel at 10 a.m. On June 29 th I call to hotel for check-in at noon answer was no problem! From 10 a.m we had no room till 3:45 p.m check-in 3:00 pm My husband is 74 I am 71 we had reservation for Master Suite. Master Suite on two floors not easy to claim to the bedroom to second floor! TV - no Englis! Riesserssee Hotel Resort Pool with out water!!!

View and fresh air

The room was okay but the bathroom was a bit small. Basically one person at the time could be in it. A bus of chinese people who took over the breakfast area and our quite breakfast was over...

Very very nice hotel with a great location. Staff very helpfull! We did some hiking in the neigboorhood and ended at their restaurant at the water with a great view. If you like mountains great place to go. Outstanding breakfast with a lot of choices.

Chaotic service in the Restaurant on our first evening. Much better the second night. The hotel pool was closed, with planned work, annoying as we had specifically chosen it for having a pool. A free cocktail doesn't compensate, when this could have been advised. At this price i would have expected aircon in rooms.

Beautiful location just outside Garmisch, with stunning views from the lakeside restaurant.

• Master Suite

No coffee pot in the room! C'mon now, coffee and tea would be great.

Having breakfast in my room!!! I liked that it was peaceful even with a wedding party going on. The size of the bath towels were amazing (and I'm not a small person). I liked having a balcony big enough to eat my dinner on. Just a great place to get away for some peace and quiet. The drinks in the mini bar were complimentary.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

cigarette smell at stairs/in corridor, slow lift, several separate buildings - each member of journey had a room in a different one.

rich breakfast choice, ruhige Lage

A coffee machine as a standard for all rooms would've been great.

The location of this hotel is extremely picturesque. There are a few trails to spend enough time walking. A brilliant gorge Partnachklamm is only a 15 minute drive away. Zugspitze isn't too far either. The breakfast buffet was also good.

The head scheff was more kind of rude and proud. At least this is basic they should teach to their staff to be nice and polite for people coming from around the corner to their place to stay. Typical rudeness. Rooms were not so sound isolated. Bed was terrible old and uneven. Wooden balkon making boom sound - if you dare to step on it ;) Wifi was also terrible slow. (free wifi no passwords.)

Breakfast and Dinner was ffered within price and all was superb quality. Nice and quite location in green. Not much to do just relax.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Nothing...everything was wonderful!

My favorite is their breakfast...they have so many wonderful choices and I love sitting by the window, looking at the flowers and beautiful mountain. Wonderful hotel to stay when working, as you can go down to the sauna after a long day and relax, or walk around the lake or hike on the trails right by the hotel. The staff are very nice and answer all your questions!

• Maisonette Suite

The sofa is very dirty. They charge (money) me more than what I have booked in the Booking web site. I did not feel comfartable with hotel reception. They deal with us like we are a stranger, not as thier guest. They are not welocoming us with a drink as it is mentioned with my booking in the Booking web site. I will have never ever advice my friends to this hotel, And will never come to them again. I hate Garmisch bacause of them.

The buffet had a lag time when some dishes were unavailable.

The location, the food, the bar. Even the pool cues were straight, to give an idea of the accuracy of the care given to the facility.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Unfortunately on my last trip, some buddy used my room number to buy themselves drinks...thank goodness the front desk staff could see that it was not my handwriting and I was not charged. Not very nice of the people that could not buy their own drinks.

I travel to Garmisch once a month for work, and just love staying at this hotel! The pool and sauna are wonderful after driving or work. The have the most wonderful breakfast with so much food, and I love having the large carafe of coffee on my table in the morning. The front desk staff and ladies in the breakfast room are so friendly and helpful, especially when I speak very little German! I really do love staying at this hotel!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Our room was not made up one day and a young man was sent with clean towels and we had to make our own beds. We would have liked a bit larger beds as we found them not wide enough and not too comfortable for my old bones.

Staff were very helpful and friendly especially at breakfast and at the front desk. Food was very good. Plenty of walking and although we did not use them, the Spa etc facilities are excellent. This is a place to visit in all seasons.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

It is my worst vacations. Hotel offered HB on the Booking, it was also confirmed by hotel staff by mail, but in reality HB was not offered us due to there were no place in the hotel restaurant. Spa zone was partially closed due to reconstruction. Not recommend this hotel if you would like to have a great holidays.

There is a beautiful nature around the hotel!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Hot tub wasn't working. Manager was very rude. Spa services were not available. Location is not close to ski resort and the hotel did not offer a shuttle. Location is away from the town, 12-15 € taxi each way into town or ski lift. Housekeeping was hit or miss. We didn't have our room cleaned until 4:00 pm one day! Glasses we used the 1st night were still in our room on day 4!

Great breakfast. Restaurant was very good!

the jacuzzi was under construction at the time. I was informed of this and I suppose upgrades must happen at some point. Other than that, nothing bad.

The view from my room was to the lake and it was very relaxing. It was also very nice to take a walk around the lake and the area. Also, having the spa was a very nice way to end the day!

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Room cleanliness not perfect (dust under the bed and the shower was not cleaned properly), also the jacuzzi is not working.

Perfect location, secluded, wonderfull scenery, very cosy, good food. Will definetly come back again.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Very Annoying noise early every morning from upper floor, beer in fridge expired.

Spacious room, clean, great breakfast, beautiful scenery by the lake.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The Jacuzzi didn't work

Great location in the mountains. Overlooking the lake (which is frozen now) very peaceful. The hotel employees are very polite and helpful. The food (we were on half board) was tasty and fresh. Room were spacious and very clean. Location is 4 minutes to the city and to the zugspitze cable. All in all - waiting to spring and plan to return.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Maisonette Suite

Definitely disappointed that the hot tub (whirlpool) was not working. There was no snow 😜

Room was cozy with a great view. Location is up high looking over the beautiful city. Easy to rent ski equipment and store in hotel. Provided ski shuttle to the slopes along with a great ski school for our children. Loved the frozen pond and walking trails out back.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Cleanliness could definitely be improved (dusty rooms). And it's ridiculous that the staff working in ski region are unable to provide ski related information.

Quiet location but a bit secluded. Very good breakfast and comfy rooms. A la carte restaurant was also delicious.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

No coffee and tea making facilities in the room.

The location, away from town and traffic, yet could easily walk into town. Helpful staff, great food and restaurants with stunning views.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Maisonette Suite

Normally, there has been a fine buffet dinner but apparently conditions are not advertized,a buffet is dependent on number of guests therefor you are offererd a fixed menu same price range but limited selection. That should be made public so people know in advance.

The location creates a great sense of privacy-in the forest and access to walks through forest and up a mountain. Small lake and dependent on weather or season, great mountain reflections in lake. Wellness area is great but not all aspect were functioning, jacuzzi was not operational. Rooms good size and nice layout. Breakfast buffet was excellent. As with most properties in Europe, the pillows are like jello.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

The hot tub was empty! Also had problems with the temperature of the shower in our room, which kept alternating between scalding and freezing, without touching it. It scalded my stomach and I could not let my children shower for fear that they would be burned.

Beautiful scenery, relaxing spa area. We had a very calm, relaxing weekend. The kids loved playing pool while we had a drink at the bar.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Maisonette Suite

I hated the confusion they had on my booking, it looked like sometimes the management acts on just a phone call and not official papers or emails...

Everything...The location, the view, the suite, the staff, the food. I loved it

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Beautiful facility outside of Garmisch which served a world-class breakfast, offering cheeses, meats, eggs, pancakes, fruits, pastries, and much more. Great fun to hike up to see the Olympic bobsled run. Excellent lakeside restaurant as well.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Hughe disadvantage in summer: there is no aircondition available in the hotel rooms. The restaurant in the main building was used twice for dinner. The quality of food did not meet the expectations of a four star superior hotel. Both times, not enough staff was around to make dinner a nice experience. Ordering drinks took quite long. One time the meal served was still good even though the meat was not medium as requested. The other time the dinner buffet did not meet the expectations. When you pay EUR 26.50 for dinner buffet you at least have some expectations regarding choices of food and quality that were not met. Two elevators could not be used from the upper floors as the keys to call the operates were out of order / one elevator was completely out of order. The balcony of the hotel room is ony equipped with plastic chairs; this does't attract a guest. h

The staff of Riessersee - Seehaus is very friendly and competent: Good hints for chosing the right wine for the meal, fresh food offered including fish, all is served in a way that you enjoy your meal. To keep it short: Having lunch or dinner @Seehaus is delicious. Same applies for the breakfast at the main building: good choices and quality. However not sufficient staff to feel served well. Rooms are clean in the main building, however smaller than you would expect. The lake around and the view to the alps is reall amazing. The hotel offers a lot of equipment to rent, e.g. e-bikes, segways for mountain trips. The spa area ensures you can relax after a day of hiking or when it's raining outside and you don't want to leave the hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Maisonette Suite

The hotel manager is cheating the customer by requesting guarantee on check in against damage in the room but he get it all against extra cleaning which is not seen all around the hotels and the rooms furniture is very bad and not safe

• Maisonette Suite

There is no left that would take you to your room In booking it show that the room has lake view but in reality it doesn't have.

Quit room, a/c

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Maisonette Suite

Staff didn't forthcoming with information. Had to ask all the time including not sure of prices for dinner etc.

beautiful hotel with lovely surroundings

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

A flight of steps must be negotiated to reach many guest rooms.

Gorgeous location on alpine lake with many hiking trails. Excellent breakfast and dinner buffets. Lakeside restaurant with incredible view.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Overpriced and so is the dinner... They advertise jacuzzi, but it's out of order and staff not concerned about it. If You don't have a car must take a taxi because it's very far from town!

Fantastic location! Lovely lake and mountains,nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Maisonette Suite

I really hate the way of dealing with costumers in the reception In the check in I payed a deposite of 200€ as they Sayed it the policy of the hotel When I came to check out they told me that they have to check the room I agree then, they come after 30 mints and the gay in the reception start working in the desk with out talking to me. When I asked him a bout the deposit he replied that he already cut 80€ for the wet floor in the bath . I descussed with him that the path is not flooded with water and it just wet, he told me that no body did as I did never, I got angry because he really insulted me. He Sayed that I put a big bag of carbige. Is this the way how to deal with costumer, i swear to god it was obvious that they want to take any amount of money from the deposit. And they ment to do that for me. This was the last day in Germany and they really make my travel very bad. I can conclude as I Sayed to the resort manager ( this is the worst resort I have ever been )

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Great hotel with perfect location in the country side. Delicious breakfast, perfect location with amazing views. Exceptionally kind and helpful staff. I will come back again for sure

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

A very strange set up at the sun bathing area near the lake was made to feel unwelcome all loungers were private seemed to be owned by locals and hotel guests had to sit on hard plastic chairs or lay on grass - I booked the hotel specifically for some relaxation time during a touring holiday so was disappointed that couldn't relax as I thought Lake wasn't as impressive as photographs indicate

Breakfast was excellent Staff were friendly Room was spacious and well equipped

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Maisonette Suite

The worst hotel ever. After 30 years of contentious traveling he is the worst hotel I ever see. The first night I arrived at 8 pm however they book my room to somebody else (I guess with higher rate)saying that check in time from 16-18 only !!!! And u r late !!!!! there was one Chinese family in the same time with same story. The manager said that this is already mention in the booking policy I show him the 4 pages contract which never mention check in time. After hours of argument hotel book for us another hotel in Austria!! And promise u can come tomorrow The next day when I come back And stay for 2 nights I saw another 2 family check in around 9 pm and the manager cancel their booking and rent the room for someone else. So imagine it is the hotel normal practice !!!!! You call the reception asking for forg and spoon they will divert u to the bar and the bar said I'm not restaurant and we don't do room service and shout on u The manager is so rude u can't even imagine أسوأ فندق ممكن تشوفه بحياتك ومعاملتهم للزبائن عموما والعرب خصوصا سيئه جدا، انا رحت الفندق ولا ماجرين الغرفه علي عائله ثانيه

Location of the hotel is good in front of lake however the restaurant was everyday fully booked for a weeding and other guest is not accepted because of the weeding !!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Claims 7 restaurants but when we wanted lunch there was only 1 open with 12 tables available; they were all occupied, given a hotel complex housing several hundred guests, this was unacceptable?! This restaurant was also open to the public making the space even less available.

Beautiful location BUT...

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The hotel was difficult to navigate and most of the elevators were not operational. Otherwise, no complaints about this hotel!

The staff was very friendly and our room was very comfortable. The hotel offered a buffet dinner and breakfast, both we good but not amazing. The location is wonderful, as you walk out of the hotel you have endless options of long walks or a more difficult uphill hike! They were very accommodating for our dog, they do charge 9.00 euros per day for your pet (not something shown on the website). I was also greeted at check in with a glass of sparkling wine, which is always nice!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

the cleaning service was poor (they never put the empty packaging in the room away), The furniture was old and not all of them in a good shape. TV was not working on the first day, it seems that they do not controll the facilities bevor handing over to the next guest. ( A hotel with 4 stars plus should check if everything is working before handing over the room to the guests) The service personal in the restaurants seemed to be overextended. (Wrong receipts, just put the wine on the desk without filling the wine glas, partly unfriendly, ...)

the location in general is really good, nice rooms and very friendly and helpfull service on the reception. good comfortable bed. good wellness area with good fitness room and large swimmingpool, good meals in the restaurant and a perfect breakfast buffe with everything you can think of. a lot of different activieties can be done, a good variety on rentable equipment, (bike, e-bike, segways, e-trikke, ,,,)

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

This is definitely not a 4 star /superior category hotel...Limited dinner options, not much choice of you don't like pork, even worse if you are a vegetarian. Only one staff member trying to take care of a crowded bar at prime time. We waited 20 mins to be able to order, than another full hour (not kidding!!!) for 2 cheeseburgers. And at the end our order arrived wrong, without the side salat advertised on the menu... Took another 30 mins to get the salads, at which time we did not have any appetite for it anymore and simply went to bed. In the morning at tea checkout, had to wait for the person who can check us out, as the present personnel had no access to cashier. Not even asked if our stay was ok. Last but not least, be aware that the little lake looks a lot more attractive on the photos than it is in life

Rooms ok, breakfast good selection

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Maisonette Suite

The breakfast included pancakes that must have been either cooked in peanut oil or had peanuts somehow in the batter. This was not labeled, and so my son who has a strong peanut allergy developed a reaction (and he is only allergic to peanuts and only ate the pancakes, so we know the pancakes must have contained peanuts). I highly recommend that the restaurant label foods that contain common allergens, like peanuts, wheat, etc. Guests with allergies staying at this resort should ask the wait staff before eating even common foods as they may contain allergens - even if it would not be normal that a specific food (like pancakes) would contain an allergen (like peanuts).

We stayed in a loft room and it was spacious and comfortable. There was plenty of room for our family of four. The pool was large and clean. The adjacent lake was beautiful - walking path around the lake was nice. The staff in the restaurant was very nice. There are mountain views from every room. The room amenities were lovely - complimentary minibar items, slippers, robes, toiletries. There are two TVs in the room (one upstairs, one downstairs) with cable.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

I forgot in the bathroom my medical hair shampoo and special face powder. Called in less then 24 hours to inform them - and was told that they were already thrown away... Can't understand this exceptional policy of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Maisonette Suite

The bathroom was not very clean. The housekeeping staff barely cleaned anything during the day other than making the bed and giving new towels. There was a large mosquito crushed and stuck to the shower wall. There was no body soap in the shower dispenser. I didn't mention it to the staff the first night because we used the pool room shower and I figured housekeeping would eventually refill it, but they didn't. The minibar never got refilled. The entry door handle was not very well maintained...it locked us out of the room the first day and staff blamed the issue on the electronic key card getting too close to a cell phone. We always had to close the door really hard to make sure it locked, which was difficult for my girlfriend who is much weaker than an average man. The hallways of the interconnected buildings were like a maze to navigate because the architect did a poor job with the signage. The elevator access from the floor of your room or the breakfast restaurant took a couple days to figure out and it was really inconvenient having to go down the stairs to use the elevator to go up two floors to the hotel room...not a big deal if you're fit, but we were also traveling with our parents, which are not in such good condition. The hot tub in the pool area was not in service without notice on the hotel website. The floor around the pool is not likely code compliant because it seems to be much more slippery when wet than any other pool I've been to. It was a little expensive for what you get given all the issues described. I'd stay again because of the location, but the hotel probably should consider advertising as a 3-star.

The location of the hotel next to a lake and away from the somewhat run of the mill city center is really nice. The view from the lakeside hotel restaurant is amazing on a clear day...you can see the mountains!!! The pool and sauna area were nicely decorated. The room with a loft and balcony were nice. The heated towel rack and radiator in the living room worked fine when needed, even in summer. The available bike and boat rental are nice being located right along hiking paths...we only rented a boat. Breakfast was decent and included eggs, cheese, bread, vegetables, sausages, pancakes, pretzels (it's Bavaria), sekt (champagne), coffee, juice, tea, cereal, fruit, etc.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Tea and coffee facilities in the room would have been great. Drinking water available to guests on site perhaps. Wifi would not work correctly at all.

Amazing breakfast, very very generous and several options available. Spectacular lake side room with balcony. Beautiful pool and spa for use for guests. Bar and restaurants on site. Free parking.