Reviews of Residenz Heidelberg

Rathausstr. 45, Rohrbach, 69126 Heidelberg, Germany

#30 of 41 Holiday rentals in Heidelberg

• One-Room Apartment For One Person

All was fine except that I would have liked a 2nd pillow Also I wasn't told that I needed the last 4 digits of the booking code to open the safe and get my key. This caused me problems, but they helped me in the resto. Fortunately the latter was open.

• One-Room Apartment For 2 People

Just little things- no bath plugs or soap provided. The rooms we booked were mixed up (we swapped), we did not see Reception until day 3 of our travels (they close earlier than advertised 4pm- for late arrivals keys will be placed in a box which you access by a pin, just make sure you call them).

Easy to locate, just outside of Heidelberg, easy walking distance to light rail to travel to main train station and Heidelberg. Apartments have every you need and staff can also speak English. Accommodation is near an amazing African restaurant- Die Maske Africas- and delicious German restaurant- Roter Ochsen.

• One-Room Apartment For 2 People

There are no lifts in the building. We had requested and expected twin beds but apparently there are only double beds in the apartments. I had to sleep on a very small couch which was made up for me. As it was only one night I didn't mind.

A neat apartment, if a little dated, out of Heidelberg but close to local train station. Situated in a quiet area with a small market and supermarket near by. Restaurants and bakery nearby well. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. It was located in a very quiet area so think staying here would be preferable to staying in the noisy old town of Heidelberg. It is only a short commute into the old town.

Breakfasts were served in a nearby cafe-bakery shop, so it is nothing like a real hotel restaurant (for those who expect meals served in a restaurant). Although, they were still fresh, tasty and we never finished all what was served (= portions were more than enough :) ). We were also surprised with difference in standards: double room contained air conditioning and was quite large, in contrast to a single room, which didn't have air conditioning.

The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Communication to a nearby EMBL was also pretty easy. Even though the location seems far away from the Altstad (the "old town" and the castle), traveling by tram takes around 10 minutes. I can sincerely recommend Residence Hotel.

• One-Room Apartment For One Person

There is a kitchen in the flat, with all the equipment one normally need at home. Location is great, in front of the Rohrbach rathaus and the market plz, surrounding by traditional houses.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• One-Room Apartment For One Person

Good appartment with small kitchen facilities, restaurants in the vicinity. Check-in was late and done remotely (keys are in a coded locker at the door. I called the hotel and gave me the code so that I could get the keys and enter.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• One-Room Apartment For One Person

The place is clean and comfortable. Some of the furniture and the equipment is tired and old, like in the 80th years. On Saturday,when I left, I've asked to leave my small suitcase for a few more hours (until 14.30) at the reception, but for my surprise I was told that the property will be closed at 12.00? Outside started raining... The day before I was ensured by a polite woman, who was at the reception that this is possible?! First time in my reach in travels and experience life I face such a situa

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• One-Room Apartment For 2 People

Not all rooms have microwave ovens as advertised. We were expecting a microwave and didn't get one. Turns out the room we got allocated doesn't have enough bench space for one. We had a problem with one of the guest washing machines. They have had to replace one machine and it takes longer than the old one, but the pay/timer box connected to it hasn't been adjusted, and the machine needs power to release the door lock. Our washing was trapped in the machine!.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• One-Room Apartment For One Person

Internet cost is high and is not included in the total fee. They have a program for monitoring Internet usage, however, even if you logon one day for a minute or a few seconds, they will charge the complete day fee (5 EUR)... I think this is quite unfair and I made a complain about it. I was most of the time outside for work and came back late home just to check my e-mail and then go to sleep, so 5 EUR for a few minutes of Internet is not reasonable... better to use your cellular Internet

Excellent facilities, clean and cozy

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• One-Room Apartment For 2 People

Breakfast was good and plentiful in the little bakery next door but I would have preferred to have breakfast in the actual hotel.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Checking in, although outside normal check in hours, was easy and location near enough to main sights (15min tram ride and tram stop 3min down the road) yet far enough from the centre not to be bothered by city noise.

• One-Room Apartment For 2 People

Car roof box got damaged on car park

Large apartment with basic kitchen TV but no English channels

• Superior Apartment

check in process was not good.

i liked it all :)

I had a very comfortable stay and the room was awesome. friendly staff

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• One-Room Apartment For One Person

Parking in Duplex garages. On the streets parking is only for residents

Renovated rooms. Clean bathroom

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Everything,

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Superior Apartment

It's like an apartment.. wish it had a washing machine.. that would have been perfect

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• One-Room Apartment For 2 People

The room is very large. I really like this hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

It was 4 km away from the old town, which I missed when booking. There was no one at the reception when we arrived, the lady on the phone didn't speak much English. All of this for an unreasonably high price.

The room was really nice, clean and cozy. There is private parking. The key was available in a locker with my name on it. The place was quite.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The reception is missing. There is actually a reception room, but it was locked most of the time, including for the check-in (they should write it that you have to take care yourself of picking up the keys from the mail box).

The apartment is nice, kitchen well equipped and nicely furnished.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2016

Small windows in the room. But it is always like this if you book accomodation in houses from early last century. Just a note: appartment is not in the center of the city. not a minus, just that everybody understand. For this price internet should be included - find it a bit strange to pay daily price per internet... That was really disapointing.

The appartment is very clean! It has all necessary utensilles and having the kitchenette for us was important. Proximity to shops and trams. Center of the city is 10 min away with the tram, but the location is ideal for people willing to have rest from everyday city noise. A lot of walking opportunities. Staff was helpful. The parking place in the yard is also very convinient. (stay in a single appartment)

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

We chose this location because of the possibility of twin beds and free parking at the hotel. We booked two days in advance, but we were already on route on the day of arrival when we got the message that they only had a double bed available. It got worse; this was a verry small (dwarf size), wobly and uncomfortble bed. So we hardly slept. Arriving and parking was problematic. We were not warned that the hotel was difficult to find because the normal route was closed due to a fair. Neither were we told that the parking was closed due to construction. At the hotel a notice was found with an alternative parking, but this was also closed due to the fair. We had a hard time finding a suitable spot by ourselves and were somewhat unrestfull because it was not clear if our parkingspot was legal. The building looks charming and historic from the outside, but the inside is rather basic and the appartment is small. The only medieval aspect is that you pay by the minute for wifi. The corridors with little steps are dark and the lightsensors don't always works, so you stumble with your luggage and trip over steps. There is no elevator. The small bathroom smells awfull because the ventilation pumps in air from the restaurant below. Breakfast suggests a choise between fresh fries, scrambeld or boild egg. What you get is in fact a cold and verry hard boiled egg. Allthough breakfast is in the families backery the bread is not realy fresh. The ratio price-quality for the appartment and fot breakfast is just wrong.

On the outside it is a charming looking building. Here end al positives.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

lack of lighting in hallways and on stairs. We reported this but nothing was done. Rooms very hot so better ventilation/fans/air con would help. Location of laundry facilities very unpleasant

Spacious, well-equipped accommodation in nice area with shops, restaurants etc. nearby and frequent trams to city centre. Good quality laundry facilities (but see location)

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

the walls are thin and it can get noisy, the internet must be paid in case you didnt reserve the room through their official site

we liked that type of the room: a studio, and it has a very small kitchen that allows you to buy products and cook the most basic stuff. there is a grocery store at 150 m away, and 2 bakeries where you can have a coffee and breakfast in case you dont want to cook. the room is warm (in case you come during winter), so no worries about the heat. the bathroom is comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Slightly dated.

Location is outstanding. Close to street car allows for easy travel all over Heidelberg and Rhine Neckar area.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

No wifi included, only cable

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

For Saturday morning check-out, I had to wait till 7:45AM. Breakfast choice in the Restaurant was poor.

Good space with nice atmosphere !

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Couldn't change booking after check in because I booked with booking.com

Air conditioning was essential as the weather was very hot.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2015

Very active cleaning staff that even disposed my bag of medicines, toothpaste etc...

Location, Ideal when attending EMBL meetings

• Reviewed: 26 February 2015

Friendly helpful staff, bakery downstairs. Places to eat nearby.

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.