Reviews of Hotel-Restaurant Barbarossahof This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Eselsfürth 10, 67657 Kaiserslautern, Germany

#8 of 18 hotels in Kaiserslautern

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Shower super small, you can easily bump the handle and scald/freeze yourself. Also cleaning staff did not sweep the floors, left a big pile of dirt by the door.

Location and restaurant.

The Wifi is terrible. Unable to stay connected for longer than a few minutes in my room.

The hotel has recently been remodeled and is gorgeous. Everything is new; the bathrooms are especially impressive.

• Suite

The room door was made of glass and light came in all night. Shadows of people walking by were very bothersome when trying to sleep

A great place to stay. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff super friendly. Dinner was great.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Only item was the bed I found it a bit too soft and not a quality bed mattress. Was ok and fine for a couple nights - but like a firmer high quality bed.

Its was well layed out with all the business items - WIFI free- desk to work at and all the items. Decor was modern for most part and fresh painted and clean.

One gentleman was friendly and helpful at check-in. We stopped by the front desk and a female was there was that was not welcoming and did not help us with our room situation. The rooms were very very warm and did not seem to have much relief from the Spring heat. Maybe that was how these particular rooms were situated.

The restaurant staff was friendly and the dinner and breakfast food was good. The rooms were more modern than I have seen in the some parts of Europe. Clean rooms and the family room with a bunk bed and tv in the room was nice to have. We did not travel with a pet, so I cannot speak to that. It was close to Ramstein Air Base if you traveling to and from there.

• Family Room

It was outstanding. Everything was excellent from the food to to the staff. The room was clean and very well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Although the weather was not very good, I noticed on each room on either side had a patio table with chairs. I unfortunately had neither. Perhaps next time when weather is better. Other than that everything was great.

Friendly staff and cleanliness of room. Super assortment for breakfast buffet.

I have been accomodated in the older part of the hotel, which is not that nice - perhaps the price could be better for this service

Comfortable bed, nice breakfast

I was in room 80 and the pipes were making all type of nosies. The noises would last for at least 10 mins. I called the front desk to let them hear the noise.

room window directly above road - heavy noise from 5:30 morning room was located outside of main hotel building - need to go approx. 100 m and cross road to visit fitness, restaurant, reception

good breakfast

A heavy smoke smell is always apparent around the reception desk. A snow storm had occurred the day of my arrival and it was inconvenient that I had to walk outside of the hotel (they were remodeling interior rooms) to get to my room in an adjourning building in the rear. Tile and wetness are a dangerous combination and it was tricky walking around the property outside without salt on the walkways.

This was 4th or 5th time I have stayed at the hotel for business travel. The rooms not immediately near reception have been more updated and have a cleaner feel. I like staying at the hotel because I find the restaurant has good food.

I didn't get any sleep on my first night. I was staying in the building off from the main house and the walls were paper thin. I could hear the guy next to me watching tv all night. I could also hear everything going on in the hallway as if I was sleeping in the hallway itself. Thankfully, the staff moved me the next night to the main building and it was much quieter. Also, if you are looking for the "German experience" then this is not the place for you. The hotel was plagued by Americans who were in my opinion much too loud and had no consideration for the other guests around them. I spent my dinners elsewhere after the second night because they were practically yelling at each other in the restaurant. This is not the hotel's fault but it was still a very annoying experience.

The rooms in the main building are very comfortable, clean and modern. The staff is very friendly and professional. While the Brötchen were a little too hard for me, they do have a large breakfast selection and it is only 5,00 euros. Top food and top service in the restaurant.

• Family Room with Bathroom

It was a little chilly in the room. We should have asked if they had a space heater.

Breakfast was amazing even though we only ate it once. The room was a nice size with plenty of beds. Staff was always pleasant and helpful! Restaurant on site was very nice! Beautiful hotel and property was always clean!

• Family Room with Bathroom

Our room was at the very very top... so there were many steps to climb. It would have been nice to have some help with our bags for that initial check in. It was hard to find the room... as it was not labeled well... so we had to climb back down halfway to ask the front desk where to go. There was also a safe in our room... but it was locked. We asked twice to have it unlocked. It never got done.

Breakfast was delcious. The bread was warm and fresh. The honeycomb was cool, too!

• Comfort Single Room

There was some construction going on with hammering and drilling.

The room had a king sized bed, a bath tub with shower separate, a balcony, a couch, a table and chairs, a mini bar, closet space, iron and ironing board and a blue tooth speaker. The staff was all very nice. The restaurant food is good. Breakfast was delicious for 5 euro served buffet style.

• Family Room with Bathroom

The room had just been refurbished and was a little unfinished. The bathroom was too small and the large cupboard above the sink prevented us washing properly. We kept on hitting our heads! The room was cold with the heating on and there was construction in the building.

The room was very spacious for my husband, myself and 16 year old daughter. We had two sofas and five beds! The beds were comfortable. The staff in the restaurant and bar were very helpful and the food was excellent. I would definitely recommend the restaurant to friends.

• Comfort Double Room

The WIFI was very poor. Many people use the hotel on business trips, but where I was staying n A80, the free wifi never connected to my IPAD or Computer because it was so poor. I did connect it to my phone but it never stayed connected. I wont stay there again unless the WIFI is upgraded so I can do work on a business trip.

Onsite restaurant offers good quality but is very expensive for the quality offered. Ordered a side dish of "mushrooms only" and got only a couple of overfried mushrooms with lots of onions on two slices of toast. Water pressure in shower not good enough.

Convenient location and good to reach from the highway. It is indeed practical that there is a restaurant on site. Room was big although a bit old fashioned. Good tea selection in the room and a kettle to make coffee/tea.

• Family Room with Bathroom

Showers were small and tough to keep the bathroom floor dry. Room booked was different - but comparable, if not better for our family.

Very friendly and helpful staff and a nice facility. Comfortable, clean rooms and a very nice breakfast. Nice room amenities. We enjoyed our dinner at the restaurant; the ice cold Bitburger was delicious! Convenient to KMC. Great place to stay!

The only thing, which really isn’t a problem, is the shower was very small. It was easy to bump the water handle and turn it off.

The hotel and restaurant was family ran, which is always a bonus. The room had a fan in it and lots of options for channels. The beds were comfortable.

Breakfast is only 5€, but does not deserve more ;-( Rather pay double and start the day with a good one.

Perfect room, quite, nice, and confortable. Staff is great, smiling, efficient ... Do not hesitate.

Everything is great!

This is a really nice, comfy and cosy, family-run hotel literally minutes from the Autobahn but in a calm, serene and very beautiful forest. It has an excellent restaurant which is reasonably priced, and a nice gym and large sauna downstairs. You can park literally right outside your room, which is great if you're travelling with lots of things and need to keep an eye on your car. This was my second stay here while driving from Hungary to the UK, and I will definitely be coming back!

• Family Room with Bathroom

The gym was a little bit cramped. And there was building noise when we arrived, but it stopped at 8 PM.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were comfy and spacious, and the breakfast was great value.

• Comfort Double Room

The staff was excellent and accommodated every request with a friendly and positive attitude. The food quality was also excellent and we enjoyed our meals there. The breakfast was a great value and perfect way to start each day.

• Family Room with Bathroom

Not at all what we were expecting from the photos...

Super kind and helpful staff! If it were just my husband and I, we would have stayed the remainder of our reservation.

• Family Room with Bathroom

The rooms are great- a very good size and modern device. The first time we stayed we paid a little extra to stay in a large suite and it was worth the money. The breakfast is lovely.

We booked two rooms. Both rooms were very hot unless windows were open. One room was right by a busy, noisy street. With the windows open, it was too loud to sleep, and with the windows closed, the room became stiflingly hot. Our other room had windows on two sides, so we were able to close windows by the street and keep some open on the other side, so it worked out okay there.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was OUTSTANDING. The rooms were amazingly spacious and beds were very comfortable--particularly the suite, which had a balcony as an unexpected bonus.

Poor breakfast; too noisy location; few parking places available near to the rooms located in the upper building; old furniture and damaged bathrooms.

Green area; nice staff

• Family Room with Bathroom

The staff here were extra helpful and spoke English extremely well. The breakfast buffet is to die for! They have a car on site that can be rented for the day too. We spent the day visiting the castles in the area. They also have a shuttle to and from the train station.

Wifi was not working in my room. A bit more expensive compared to the facilities they provide. It is located on the outskirts of the city, therefore, it may not be suitable for business travelers. During the weekend it is difficult to get public transport.

My experience at the hotel was quite good. The staff was quite friendly. I especially liked breakfast. Everybody spoke English so there was no communication problem.

Beds could be less softer, and two separate beds not connected to each other, thus a gap

Nice hotel for a few nights. Shower was quickly hot, bit small bathroom but ok. Breakfast was good. Tilled floor in room, nice! Reception on TV was a bit wacky.

My room was in the house in front of the hotel, across the road. With an heavy luggage and a long staircase could not be easy.

Parking place, space of the room, good wi-fi. Even if I arrived quite late, they anyway gave to me the possibility to have a dinner.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Comfort Double Room

We would have liked a larger room on a lower floor. My husband went early in the week to the hotel to confirm the reservation as we wanted everything to be perfect for my older Uncle who was visiting. His friend traveling with him was a smoker, so we wanted to verify the smoking room for two people. My husband was shown a large, very nice room on the ground floor which had a huge bathroom. He was told by the gentleman behind the desk that this would be the actual room my Uncle would stay in, and my husband approved. The actual room we were given on arrival was up stairs in the very back of the hotel and was half the size of the room we were shown, with a very small bathroom. When I told the woman my husband had been promised a specific room on the ground floor, the woman at the desk said it didn't matter what room we were shown, and names can't be put against specific rooms. The courtyard below on the way to the room was full of construction material and tarps so it was not very charming. I felt let down by the hotel that we were not given a room similar to what we had been shown. I would have gladly paid for a suite or larger room, but we were only given the one choice. If he had stayed longer than one night, I would have insisted on a better room.

Nice breakfast. Restaurant very good. Service was good at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Family Room with Bathroom

Being American, the only thing my family and I didn't like was the T.V channels not being in English.

The set up of the room and how clean it was. The room felt more like an apartment for my family more than a hotel room. It was really nice.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

The WiFi was not stable. No signal of mobile phone in the room. (in outhouse, not in the main building) Parking place is not wide in the main building. (seperate parking places are large but bit far from the main building.)

The room is modern, clean & cozy. The small bar opens till midnight. Good restaurant with nice food & beer. Kind staffs Breakfast is fill the bill.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Comfort Single Room

WiFi had a very weak signal at times, but overall was acceptable.

The staff at the Barbarossahof are WONDERFUL! Location is great for easy access to Autobahn A6!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

It can be a bit noisy as you can here people coming back from dinner and the bars. The doors are not thick and you can hear every conversation in the hall. I was on a ground floor near an exit where people would prop the door open so they could step outside to smoke. I'm not a smokerr therefore the smell that lingered in the hall was rather disgusting

The room was spacious and the staff were friendly. The restaurant near the lobby was very convenient and good food for dinner. I liked my schnitzel. The wifi was slow but consistent in the room.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

I prefer a Double bed and not 2 beds shoved together! That was a joke.I reserved a Doublezimmer. I think the price was too expensive. And with this price Breakfast should've been included.

The location is good!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Comfort Double Room

They had a temporary gnat problem in the restaurant that needed some attention to, but I viewed that as a transitory thing, not bound to repeats.

Clean, large rooms, great staff and they speak English as well as German and probably many more languages. The restaurant was very nice, great breakfast and ample bar.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

The shower had low water-pressure and poor temperature control; it went from ice-cold to scalding hot repeatedly.

The staff were very friendly and the room was quiet and warm. There was ample parking and the food was good.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Size of shower cabin is unfortunatelly not following spacious rooms.

Friendly reception team - in spite of our really late arrival. Clean comfortable rooms and good breakfast. I recommend it.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

WiFi was spotty.

Very large room with big, comfortable beds. Charmingly tacky in its decoration. Staff is friendly, helpful, and speak great English. Breakfast was good, with scrambled eggs that are more American than most European hotels and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

No Air Conditioning! Friendly staff also messed up on assigning the right room to the right people upon checking presenting issues at check out.

Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Family Room with Bathroom

First of all, this is the second experience that I had that I am getting a different room than I made reservation. I made a reservation for the room about 35 m2 (that could be used by 6 people - 4 adult and 2 children). When I got to the place I was assigned a room for three people ( 2 adult + 1 child) with the same price. Somehow the hotel policy is not to pay attention to what you request. They look how many people you are. The hotel is not running by professionals. All dirty laundry is placed next to stairways while the customers checking in and checking out. I feel like I had room in a dormitory. Even though the location of the room is nice, the room had old and dirty carpets. The hotel has decent breakfast. But the dinner served in a joint restaurant has salad with fly in it and no apology for that. It is just a normal incident.

Kaiserslautern is nice city and the environment and the people are very nice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Gym was very small with old equipment.

Amazing interrior, nice balkony with a view.

• Family Room with Bathroom

Room was spacious and quiet!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very nice rooms and good location, right next to a forest with some good walking areas

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very clean and comfortable. Settled nicely against the forest, good location

the location is far from the city center, but closer to nature.

the room is very spacious and comfortable.

This has been my hotel of choice for 20 years

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Two beds to make one big is not enjoyable. The beds keep moving apart from each other and we can't share the same blanket

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The Hotel was nice I would recommend to others, but the WFI did not work for me.

• Family Room

Everything was correct. Maybe, the room presented some flaws: shower was leaking for example. But minor things.

Personnel and room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were really nice and modern. The bed was nicely kept. The room was spacious and easy to move around in.

Two beds to make one large don't feel comfortable

• Family Room with Bathroom

Family room did not live up to my expectation

Location was superb and the staff was extremely helpful.

• Family Room with Bathroom

The rooms are across the street from the reception with the restaurant and breakfast.

Very nice hotel, restaurant and breakfast

Size of shower, but doable

Bed was very comfortable, breakfast was better than expected. Excellent!!!!!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Awesome accommodation. Very clean and great customer service. I’ll be back...

• Family Room with Bathroom

Bed and pillows SO COMFORTABLE. Excellent restaurant m, great food. Wonderful staff

The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Breakfast was great. Everything was very clean.

A touch of food poisoning. Pork was not cooked enough.

The staff is always very friendly, especially the ladies in the restaurant.

The hotel was fine however I was disappointed with the restaurant.

• Family Room with Bathroom

Spacious room, VERY helpful staff, great breakfast. Excellent dinner and overall service.

Shower was very small and hard to help child in the shower without getting everything wet.

Room was clean, excellent food and good value.

• Family Room with Bathroom

Slightly elderly gym equipment but still functioned!

Huge comfortable room

Leaving

All

• Family Room with Bathroom

My son woke up with a bunch of bug bites.

Value and location

I was big

All fine

Good food at all meals

No central air, nights were a bit hot (they provide a little rotating fan which was nice)

Room was beautiful and the view as well (had a balcony room)

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Internet slow and breakfast very poor

Nice room, good location