Reviews of Hotel-Gästehaus Löwen 3 stars

Im Deutschen Hof 15, 73079 Süßen, Germany

#1 of 4 hotels in Süßen

Breakfast was amazing. So much variety and so fresh. The staff were very helpful and did their best to accommodate us. The rooms were lovely and clean. A fantastic spot close to the CBD and trains.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Due to the way buildings are built in Germany - thick, solid concrete walls - and the location of our room - down the hall several rooms then around a corner from the router (there is one on each floor), we were unable to pick up a signal for the Wi-Fi (Wi-LAN) in our room but it was strong in the lobby and there were several comfortable places there from which I could work. The same laws of nature prevented me from getting a signal from the same source using my personal mobile hotspot, too. Some things are as they are.

We loved our stay at Gaestehaus Loewen. The bed was nice and firm and we had feather comforters. There was lots of hot water in the shower and the water pressure was good. Our room was extra quiet. Breakfast was excellent - fresh fruit, bread, meats including bacon, eggs, cheeses, cold cereal milk, several juices, brewed coffee as well as about 5-6 different kinds of specialty coffees. A very good restaurant is steps away from our lodgings. Ample parking is on the premises. While our German is good, they were very patient with us as we got our linguistic bearings - and every staff member I dealt with spoke good English. Suessen is only off the beaten path enough to make it quiet but the B10 highway is less than 5 minutes away and links up with the A-8 autobahn down the road. The hotel itself is directly on a quiet but very handy cross-country route which we used quite a bit. The town of Suessen is darling! The town square is situated along a mill stream with a working mill. Suessen is small but every possible need can be met within a few minutes drive. When I found that I had left the data card from my camera behind, the proprietor was able to tell me exactly how to get to a store where I could find one two towns away. We had to leave the hotel before breakfast on our last day to be at the airport in time for our flight and they insisted on packing us a HUGE breakfast to take along and had the coffee ready before we left.

WIFI didn't work in my room

Very comfortable bed and friendly staff

Clean and quiet

Personal is very friendly. recept was prepared very fast, accomodation is great for the price someone pay for a room.

really nice place to stay. Staff are really nice and helpful. Breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

My room smelled bad. The lady in the afternoon shift is unfriendly.

The sauna

• Reviewed: 23 November 2015

Staff very nice & helpful & welcoming. Nice warm feeling about the place.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

I have not been given a free WiFi code

Friendly staff, very clean. Excellent food. I would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2015

Wonderful breakfast. Courteous Staff. Quiet, off the main street.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.