Reviews of Hotel-Restaurant Roter Ochsen This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Hauptstr. 24, 73466 Lauchheim, Germany

#2 of 2 hotels in Lauchheim

• Studio with Balcony

The hotel, which is an Inn with rooms, is in the main street of the small attractive town. There is a lift, but no air conditioning. The beds are comfortable and the staff ( mostly the family that own the hotel ) are helpful. The food is good, as is the beer! Breakfast is ample. Parking was no real problem, but it is on the street with no off stereet parking available.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

We booked this hotel because of its high marking from booking.com and most specially about the comments regarding its restaurant. We were on our way back home from our ski holidays and thought that having a delicious dinner with a good wine in a charming hotel would be the perfect closure. Little did we know the hotel staff would spoil it completely. The lady at the reception was not very friendly. She seemed a bit annoyed we had booked just 40 minutes before our arrival. In the restaurant the waiter was unfriendly and seemed in a hurry to take our orders. I ordered veal. The waiter came with a plate of pork. My partner explained to him, in German, that I didn't want pork but veal. He did not offer any excuses and without paying much attention, he went away and brought a schnitzel. It was not really what I had ordered, but to avoid confrontation, I just asked if it was really veal and he said yes. I ate part of it before I realized it was pork. We complained but had no apology. He simply implied he did not know that veal in English was beef. He thought it was pork! In such a renowned restaurant, how can a waiter not know such a basic thing? Not only that, but also his attitude of arrogance and unfriendliness shocked us. The chef heard our complaint and even confirmed to the waiter that he was wrong, but that was all he did. No apology was uttered and no offer to amend his employee’s mistake. We were so distressed we decided not to spoil our evening any further and retired to our room. Naturally we did not sleep well. If it were not so late we would have looked for another hotel. I have a strong feeling that the waiter did it on purpose, a charade to mock me because I look middle-eastern. Truly, this was the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel.

The room was clean and comfortable.

• Business Twin Room

Excellent restaurant and very friendly people

• Studio with Balcony

Staff Good Food excellent

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Very kind staff, very good restaurant with local cousine, very good wi-fi. Perfect hotel

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

The food is world class! A master chef runs the kitchen.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2015

The hotel is in the town where I was doing some family history research. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed the cuisine in the restaurant .

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Staff was excellent rooms were nice and clean great location. Breakfast was good typical European fare. Dinner in the restaurant was superb.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

Very nice and cosy hotel in a nice little town with very friendly people.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

The staff was not so much kind

Nice hotel and nice rooms Very good and nice food at the restaurant

• Reviewed: 18 April 2015

The food is fantastic! The best we have had in Germany. Worth a stay just for the food.

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel-Restaurant Roter Ochsen traveller photo gallery