Reviews of SMARTY Cologne City Center This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Engelbertstrasse 33-35, Neustadt Süd, 50674 Cologne, Germany

#188 of 223 hotels in Cologne

6.2

Fair.
    • Bed in Minidorm (4 - 6 Beds)

It would be a lot better if they can charged through online instead of paying right in the check-in. Kitchen sink always dirty.

Great to have single bed instead of double-decker bed in my dorm. Location is ok.

Average
    • Bed in Minidorm (4 - 6 Beds)

The only lift was out of order (intermittently for 3 days) and my room is on the 5th floor.... Dorm room is very small. There are only 3 sockets space for 5 people in a room

Central Location (near Rudolfplatz) Good hygiene

Good location, clean beds, nice kitchen.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I didn't like the brunette who works in the mornings. Don't be passive aggressive. Tell me directly if you need me to return the luggage room key immediately. Or, just program it to work temporarily. Explain your rules and policies clearly the first time. Also, she was carelessly chatting and being phony with a big phony smile.

Good location, clean beds, nice kitchen. Overall, a good stay.

Super!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The keycard wasn’t working well. I have to go downstairs and asked for the new one almost all the time.

The property is close to the city center. I can walk to the Kölner Dom very easily. The room is so tidy and i didn’t expecting that i will get this excellent room for the money i paid, tidy, big, quiet!

The lovely stuff, respectful roommates, it is worth the...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The breakfast is not includes to the price

The lovely stuff, respectful roommates, it is worth the cheap prices. (I paid 11 Euros for 1 night stayed for 3 nights)

Not recommended. Very poor
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The lady reception.!the room - the guests with filthy attitude/ the dirty bed. Too far from the central station

The place is quite a distance from the Köln central station - not easy to find- guests had attitude and bed are kinda dirty.! Reception lady is uncool and not friendly.! The place is not what I expected. Poor sanitation.

Ok, but could improve a bit!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Everything was fine for an hostel, not very youth style hostel but i think that's not the idea. Still i think they should improve the service in the way that they don't make your bed and you have to pay extra money for a shower towel.

It was a nightmare when it was so hot and not cleaned.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

They charged everything even the towels and the key. Also, no air conditioning and it was a nightmare. The beds weren't comfy and they were sticky and not cleaned. Will NEVER come back to there again. Moreover, the picture of the room is NOT the same

It was cheap and check out was available in the morning

The train station and historic center is in a walkable...
    • Classic Twin Room

Wall socket placement could be replanned. Having one directly under my bed or 0.5 m over the bed just doesn't seem comfortable.

The train station and historic center is in a walkable distance (around 20 mins), you can check-in in the middle of the night and the staff is friendly.

Those were the worst night in my life.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I literally got stuck at the elevator on my way to check-out. I booked to stay for 4 nights but I can only stay for 2. Rooms are so dirty, so I don't believe that there's a daily cleaning as mentioned. I booked to stay in a 4 bed dormitory but they put me in a 6 bed dormitory. When I complained they said the 4 bed dormitory were filled since the day I arrived. Then they said if I want to move to another room I have to pay for a full price which is so unfair. I've never experienced something as worst as this before. They are so deceptive and the room does not look like what is shown on the website. None of the stuff is helpful at all. I think this hotel should be shut down for so many reason.

Nice hostel
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Common room was small and atmosphere of the hostel isn't too great for solo travelers. Location isn't too convenient if traveling by train.

Clean rooms and friendly staff

Good bathroom, cleaning, lidl and coffee shops near to...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The elevator was frequently out of service. I didn't like the payment method, first, they get you the money and you have to pay there again in the check in so that you have to put a extra money in advance and wait for coming back till a week. The room was uglier than pictures they showed me in the booking.

Good bathroom, cleaning, lidl and coffee shops near to hostel.

The bed and restroom were ok.
    • Bed in Minidorm (4 - 6 Beds)

The kitchen is always so dirty. If the hostel wants to offer this facility to people they need to make sure it's cleanned every few hours, since not all the guest are polite enought to clean after themselves. Staff is not very nice either.

The bed and restroom were ok. It was close to different tramlines (and public transportation is expensive in cologne), but to walk to city took 30 minutes-ish.

Room is clean, cozy, wifi is fast.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room (Women only)

Check in time is 3pm, cannot check in early even the room is clean. Price is so different between book one month adavance and one day adance. 2km far away from the church.

Room is clean, cozy, wifi is fast.Very quiet which is good for sleep.

The location is perfect close to the train station and...
    • Bed in Minidorm (4 - 6 Beds)

The location is perfect close to the train station and touristic places. I was satisfied with the stuff they are kind and helpful, the room was clean and the beds are comfy. I highly recommend Smarty to everyone and I'm sure i will stay there next time. :)

Staff is nice.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I book three nights but I have to leave earlier for some reasons. Their policy of cancellation is not good. They will not return you any money back if you cancel your booking. On top of that the property charge full amount of stay on your credit card. That is really not good. It takes more than 10 days to get that money back.

Staff is nice.

Unhelpful, cramped and uncomfortable.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I booked this hostel and contacted them immediately after booking, to request a lower bunk. Due to an injury I am unable to climb the ladders to the top bunk. I have done this with every other hostel I have stayed in, even with some that don’t have numbered beds and they have kindly placed a piece of paper saying ‘reserved’ on the bed for me. This was too hard for this place to do. After I received the message telling me they were unable to do this, I replied again asking what I could do instead, to which I did not get a reply. I then called the hostel and the lady on the phone was very abrupt and unhelpful, even when I suggested I could pay more for a single room, I was told they couldn’t do that even though they were still advertising them as available. When I arrived the staff were nice, I asked how many people were in my room and was told it was full, I told her about being unable to get on the top bunk and she just shrugged and said I could ask someone to swap. That’s right, ask a complete stranger if they will get out of their bed and move. Not only this but the beds aren’t made! You are left some bedding on your bunk and have to make it yourself. There is only one plug socket for the room, a room of eight people have to share one socket which I can imagine was fun. The room was cramped and hot, I’ve never been in such a cramped hostel room and I just didn’t feel comfortable. As I had assumed, I could not get in the top bunk easily. It certainly would have been painful to do repeatedly. So I left. I wasted my money on this hostel, even if I could have gotten into the bed I don’t think my rating would have been very high due to all of the other downfalls. I wouldn’t recommend this hostel, I’ve stayed in hostels much cheaper and much nicer.

The place is in a nice area. The staff I dealt with on arrival were friendly.

Great value
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I had a little issue I told staff what time I will arrive but staff kept on cancelling my booking after me communicating with them.

Male night staff was friendly as I arrived around 11.30pm.

Ok for short stay

Room in general needs a renovation. Old furniture and floor. The walls need some cleaning and fresh paining - there were strange looking spots - I don’t even want to know what it could be. The corners of the room need also more atention.

Location is nice with bars and restaurants - relaxed atmosphere. Close to city center. Toilet was clean. Awesome big windows with a nice view.

Fine for one-two nights
    • Single Bed in 5 Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Really noisy, especially if your room is next to stairs. Some people were having a party in the hostel and nobody told them anything. Breakfast is non-existing.

Good location in a student district. Stuff is really nice and helpful.

Scammers
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

thieves and scammers. They withdrew money from the card, upon arrival refused to settle and demanded payment in cash. promised to return the money to the card ... nothing was returned and I paid a double price.

fail

Reasonable price

The room was totally different from the pictures. The duvet was not really clean and the life made sounds that bothered us. Also it is quite far from the station.

Reasonable price

It was easy to access to cheep parking, and 25 minutes walk...

It didn't look at all like the pictures, there was old and broken furniture, scratched panting on the walls, bathroom very small.

It was easy to access to cheep parking, and 25 minutes walk to the centre of the town

Party hostel
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It's a party hostel. The walls are very tin and you hear everythibg in the hostel. There are lots of people making fun and party in tge whole hostel, even on the stairs. The noise is till 1 tot 2 am in the night abd it's hard to sleep. Toilet paper was missing and there was no haif dryer. Just 1 piece to charge your phone.

Good bathroom

Looks nothing like the photos
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Was not as clean nor pristine as those photos. Really worn and old. Bad late night check in following flight delay, no pre allocation of beds makes it harder to come into a dorm when everyone is asleep and lights out. Not worth the money when lots of choice out there. No power points or personal light for each bed. Lockers are the wrong shape for bags.

Local area shops, tram connections

Everything was generally good for this price, good location,...
    • Bed in Minidorm (4 - 6 Beds)

Check-in was not even 2 mins earlier possible. Homeless guy during the day came down to the kitchen room of the hotel, was really unexpected.

Everything was generally good for this price, good location, there are bars, shops around. Kitchen has a lot of things so people can cook.

Budget stay
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

We stayed in a 8 beds dorm and there was only one shower room. The floor was quite dirty and there's no electricity outlet next to the bed.

Location is not that bad, cheap stay for one night

Great value for money.
    • Single Bed in 5 Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The dorm room was next to a lift.... & the lift was making some noise, every-time when it moved up & down...!!

The dorm type room was quite cheap...!! Break-fast was available for a very low cost..!!

The beds were really small and the mattress was old, making...
    • Classic Twin Room

The beds were really small and the mattress was old, making some noise while I was moving in bed. The Room was really tiny with bad sockets for electricity access. Value for money not met at all.

Good location but accommodation not as expected and very expensive for what it was.
    • Classic Twin Room

So this called a hotel but it's a Hostel. My smallish room had 5 bunk beds in it and lockers like a sixth form dormitory. I'm sure this great for backpackers of young friends travelling in a group, but it's pretty useless if you're a business traveller who needs hanging space for business attire and a desk to work at. The prices seemed to be elevated everywhere in Cologne this week but this place was still 150 euros a night. The main problem is that it says hotel when it's a hostel. Would never have booked a place with Hostel in the title.

It was in a fairly good location close to shops and attractions 20 minutes walk to the Altstadt HBF and DOM.

Good location for an okay hostel.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The rooms weren’t very clean; they did empty the trash cans everyday but didn’t clean the room - they did make the beds, which I didn’t like much because they touched my bed and fold my pajamas. They also threw away food / drinks that wasn’t meant to be thrown away. Beds were very thin. Staff was alright, not very friendly, a bit stiff.

The hostel was in a great location; the Belgium quarters are a lot of fun. Also has a supermarket, kiosk and public transportation nearby. There also were lockers in the room, big plus for that.

The beds are really confortable that you can have a nice...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Unfortunately, the payment system is based on German style distrust. The hostel can easily withdrawn the cost of your stay before your check-in, or with the stuffs saying, blocking the cost of the stay for couple of weeks, and asks for another payment in the check-in. It means you need double cost in your stay with the blocked amount to be refunded.

The beds are really confortable that you can have a nice sleep during night.

Too much noise from the lift.

You can hear the lift working from your room. There are rooms you can not sleep with noise from the lift. Beware of the room they will give to you. Otherwise, you will not be able to sleep.

The staff is really nice.

I stayed at a shared room with 8 beds and the bed was very...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It is not that central, so you need public transport(which is very expensive in the city) and it was not that clean. The fact of having the bathroom inside the room is not good. It should have more toilets and showers for 8 people because 1 is not enough.

I stayed at a shared room with 8 beds and the bed was very good.

Quiet and good night sleep :)
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Liked the place, spacious rooms, big locker, cheap rent of towel and padlock (1 Euro each), luggage room available on the day of arrival and leave. Stayed only one night in the middle of the week and slept well ^^

• Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

When we booked the room via booking com there rooms were described very beatiful but it was really bad, the toilet and shower is very small and besides the sink is broken, water comes out to the floor, the shower handle is broken, we could not use it well. The guest house is very dirty. Overall, we will never stay at this hotel!!!!!

a day before our stay they took money from my card (full...
    • Classic Twin Room

a day before our stay they took money from my card (full payment of stay) to check if it's valid. I'm already home from trip and I still didn't get anything back

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

They charge you 100% of the stay before arrival and when you get there you have to pay again. They said they would return it during our stay but it took them 9 days. They should inform you about this beforehand.

Location. The rooms were small but sufficent for 2 nights.

Double charging property, very bad
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

They block your money for more then two weeks on the card. You pay on the reception but a week later the funds on the card are still blocked. Very disappointed. This was not happening to me never before. I need money which they blocked for such long time. I thought that when they charged the card the payment will be finished but no, the property wants you to pay on reception. So my funds are now blocked and I am charged double. Very unprofessional.

Little better than a hostel - grim
    • Classic Twin Room

This is a grotty hotel. The public areas smell and the room was like a corridor with loads of beds, including bunk beds. No chair for the desk (such as it was) and no light by the bed. No decent TV channels, all German and the cafe looked like a doss house. Outside show week this would be 50euros a night tops. Sheer profiteering at 165!! Don't go there!

The wifi worked and the room bathroom were clean

The bathroom was nice and clean and there was a small...

The stay was okay, but i was very dissapointed about my bed. I felt the springs in my back, but especially the blanket was way too small for the bed and also very thin for the time of the year. I was on the sixth floor and that was the highest so the heating was not very good. You can already feel the difference if you go from the fifth floor to the sixth. The elevator was very noisy everytime when somebody used it, i heard so much noise. In my opinion the price is too high for what i got. I won't sleep here again until the heating is fixed and there is a better blanket . There were also only 2 electric units.

The bathroom was nice and clean and there was a small television plus the WiFi was good.

Good for a short trip to Cologne
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room (Women only)

The doors were a little squeaky so I woke up my roommates when returning to the room. The mattress was a bit outworn, but overall an okay room to stay in.

Good location, quiet room and nice staff, the bathroom within my room.

Good price and location for a last minute search.

The mattress was very thin and the towels very basic.

The Location is good, close to bars, restaurants, mall. If the weather allows is nice to have a walk from the Hotel up to the Dom.

Although the location is not entirely central, the city...
    • Single Bed in 5 Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There were only 3 plug-ins in a 5-bed room. It was just not ideal at all. The room is not well lit either. Only a few beds were shone on, while the others had very little lighting.

Although the location is not entirely central, the city center is easily accessible from the hostel.

Great place, very clean and "hotel-like"
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Nothing to complain about.

Somehow, based on the reviews, I wasn't expecting much from this place. But, it's quite nice. The staff were great and very accommodating to all my requests. The room was clean, and in general, everything was very "hotel-like" if you know what I mean. There is a bar/cafe by the lobby where you can get snacks, breakfast, beers and other stuff. The en suite in my four-person room was clean and modern. The location is not extremely close to the main train station, but if you don't mind taking a tram or the U-bahn it's very easy to get to from Hansaring station. And there are TONS of tasty-looking restaurants and cafes nearby.

Fairly decent, bad location

Lockers in bedroom. Individual lights switches so you don't get annoyed when others enter and leave the room. Better selection for breakfast

Clean bathrooms, clean sheets

Short review

- If you cant sleep because noise of others. You should deffinately not book this room. I was in single room. And you can hear every single word of other in the floor lower or higher. I didn't sleep because of this. - poor ventilation in shower

Location Simple but nice room Bed is simple but good

very bad experience. do not stay there.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Staff not helpfull at all. The bathroom smelled very bad. The room is extremely small. They do not put a correct picture of the dormitory on booking.com (in fact 4-beds dormitory looks like double room but with an extra bunk bed) and the room DOES NOT have 23m as they wrote in the description but only 13... very very small. Not enough space even to open your luggage. NO LOCKERS in the room. We asked for a change for a room from the picture(we decided to book it because it looked very spacious) but we were informed that all the rooms are exactly the same and they use a picture of 6-beds dormitory to sell 4-beds dormitories. They weren´t able to give us any solution. We made a claim via email but of course we have not received any response yet....

The location of the hostel wasn´t very bad.

Good value for money.
    • Single Bed in 5 Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The wooden bed is squeaking. The clothes dryer from the shared kitchen did not work properly.

There was a private small bathroom in the shared room. They have a shared kitchen you can use that include a washing machine (5 euro per use) and dryer (free for use).

The rooms were much more basic then they appeared from the...
    • Classic Twin Room

The rooms were much more basic then they appeared from the photos and the furnishing were all quite cheap and worn. Perhaps the photos are a little old.

It was ok.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was ok. The room was clean and comfy. Booked a mixed dorm but ended up being the only female, which I know happens sometimes but didn't feel too comfortable with it. Friends have said when that happens, the hostels usually offer to move but nope. Location was good. Staff helpful when needed but not the friendliest. Only stayed one night. Not too bad but wouldn't stay there again to be honest.

it was ok.

we lived on the 6th floor and the elevator was too loud though we stayed in a far-away room. It didn't work for a day or so.

it was ok. for this cost in the days of the fair - a good option. A plus is location - Located in a good district - with lots of good local places to eat and have a drink within one block. Really good wine restaurant just one building away - if you exit the hotel and go to the left on the same side.

Overall a good hotel to stay in :) very warm, good shower and water pressure

Not a lot of attention to detail compared with our hotel from the previous night which was only €10 more expensive (in Vienna).

Clean room, warm, pet friendly (for extra €10)

Ok for a short stay

Shower needed some maintenance

Great location, in a vibrant district albeit in a quiet side street. Friendly and helpful staff. Stayed in a 4-Bed-dorm for one night. It was also ok but small and with considerably worn interior. Acceptable though if all you need is a bed after a night out.

Good value for money

Great location, in a vibrant district albeit in a quiet side street. Friendly and helpful staff. 3-Bedroom on the top floor was big enough, clean, and beds surprisingly comfortable. Keep in mind that this is not the Hilton, but a No Frills place and as such, the room is pretty good value for money. I changed to a 4-Bed-dorm for the second night which was also ok but small and considerably more worn. Acceptable though if all you need is a bed after a night out.

Very small room, I do not recommend!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

We booked beds in 23 square meters 4-bed bedroom, but we were checked into one that had around 13 square meters (including bathroom!). We asked to move us to bigger room, but it turned out that all their 4-bed rooms were as little as our room. We didn't want to stay in this room/property, so we asked them to give us money back (so that we can move to other hostel/hotel) but we were rejected. Awful experience!

Good for hostel, bad for hotel, excellent value during expo

You must understand that this is a hostel, not a hotel! Very dirty kitchen/dining room- is this that difficult to send a cleaner? One of the the other guests came out of the blue and offered me cannabis.

Staff is friendly, location not bad at all, with excellent transport connection. Coffee at 1.50 euro day and night.

From all the reviews I read I had some expectations about...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

From all the reviews I read I had some expectations about the staff. Turns out it was all wrong, they are always very busy looking at the computers and when answer to questions or requests the reply is very poor and insufficient.

It was ...ish
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Had I booked this alone and had to spend time in the room in such close proximity to strangers I wouldn't like it. Never been in scuba small room. Shower cubicle/curtain are pointless.

Clean room, Cleaning service happened even when we only stayed 2 nights which was appreciated

Great for groups!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It's more a hostel than a hotel. Quite difficult to find a parking place but there is one parking near the university and in front of a football field where you pay 4€ per day.

The location is pretty nice. Lots of pubs and restaurant nearby. We booked a dorm of 8. Private shower and toilet which was really clean.

I don't recommend
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I had to lay my bed myself. The sheet didn't feel clean. Very uncomfortable. Booked 3night but had to check out after 1.. I felt things crawling on me. I think bed bugs. The bathroom weren't clean. Staff didn't seem to care or bother to ask why I was leaving 2days early.

Absolutely nothing

Nice location, Friendly employees.
    • Classic Twin Room

The elevator broke down when we arrived....Reconnect wifi every time when we unlock the phone.

Nice location, we can walk to the Cologne Cathedral and commercial district. Employees are friendly.

I booked two days, stayed one.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The way rooms are designed and equipped is poor. No place to charge you phone, no place to leave your glasses, poor lighting. But it was really cheap place, so, what to expect?

24h desk

Smarty
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was a little bit hard to find the hotel. It's about a 5 minute walk from the nearest station.

Staff were very friendly and courteous. Close to plenty of food and bars.

I loved the fact that I recieved no apology after being...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Disliked many things about this property, namely the beg bugs that were discovered in my bed.

I loved the fact that I recieved no apology after being “upgraded” to a room infested with bed bugs

good stay for a night for this amount of money

squeaky beds

I always chose this hostel everytime I go to Cologne. Staff is always helpful and friendly. Last time I booked a dorm room with 4 beds (or 6, can't really remember) on the first floor. That was better than my expectation. However, this time I booked one with 8 beds on the higher floor and I couldn't even sleep at night. The beds in the room were extremely squeaky. My bad luck that a snoring expert slept next to me... Well, it's a dorm. Gotta expect something like that to happen. Overall it's still the top choice for a hostel in Cologne.

Great location closer to two of the Christmas markets so...
    • Bed in Minidorm (4 - 6 Beds)

Great location closer to two of the Christmas markets so made it a perfect place to stay. With most of the city center in walking distance, bars/cafes nearby and 24/7 English speaking receptionist definitely recommend it for a short stay.

Fabulous hostel
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I missed hair dryer. Also, the elevator is quite noisy. Apart from that, everything fabulous.

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, the most beautiful, modern looking and luxurious hostel I have ever stayed in. Absolutely fabulous bathroom, provided with shampoo/shower gel. Loved it!

Good as a Budget Hostel
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Lack of electrical plug inside the room. Not good internet connection. Guests have to login from time to time.

Staffs are nice, except to the one old lady in spectacles. I just asked what time the metro/train starts to operate in the morning andshe had very good response: I don’t know as I am driving my own car 😂🤣😂 Free iced tea at the waiting area. Kitchen facility. Can cook food anytime. Comfy bed.

Not bad, very clean, good location
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The room was very small and got too warm with 4 people in it. No plugs near the bed, no towels, very tiny bathroom. It was a Friday night and I could hear people talking and marking noise from the street for most part of the night.

It's very new and clean

the staff at the reception are pretty nice and helpful, and...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

My cake in the refrigerator was eaten by someone I don't know and I don't like it .

the staff at the reception are pretty nice and helpful, and I also met 2 nice Chinese students in my room. koln is a nice city.

Received hotel service (daily maid, lounge etc) while charge...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Not that close to cologne old town, 30 min walking distance. Some dirt mark can be found on the bed.

Received hotel service (daily maid, lounge etc) while charge you a hostel price. And you can expect share kitchen and washing machine from this hotel. I love their share kitchen, quite and have a nap area.

Simple hostel in a good position
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The 4-bed dormitory room was very basic and there were no lockers. It would be very useful to add some hangers for the clothes and a socket near every bed because if the room is full there are not enough sockets for everyone.

The position of the hostel is good because it is near Rudolfplatz, that is an important interchange station of the public transport, and in the area there are shops, bars and restaurants. The street of the hostel is quiet, but it's close to nightlife area. 24 hours reception, so no problem if you arrive during the night. Friendly staff. The room was cleaned every day. Bed sheets and towels are included.

• Classic Twin Room

Without doubt the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. Filthy room , broken bed/furniture , no working light bulbs. Thankfully did not pre pay for breakfast as informed was terrible.

Super great except for location
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very far from the train station. I used the upper bed, no private light and no power outlet for charging phone.

Too nice staff. Too good facilities very clean and shower inside the room!

Browse SMARTY Cologne City Center traveller photo gallery