Reviews of Rocco Forte The Charles Hotel This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Sophienstr. 28, Maxvorstadt, 80333 Munich, Germany

#2 of 349 hotels in Munich

• Classic King Room

Unfortunately, the restaurant was a HUGE disappointment!!! Service in restaurant was some of the worst I have experienced anywhere in the world. Soooo slow! And servers were inexperienced and unpolished. Not nearly good enough for a 5-star property!!

Hotel was great, overall. Room was clean, quiet. Spa was beautiful and relaxing. Concierge, Anne, was exceptional!

• Classic King Room

Breakfast was poor with slow service and average food. 8 euros for a cup of tea is not good and I had to chase it two times.

Great swimming pool and steam room. Bedroom was very comfortable and quiet

• Classic King Room

To go away... That was the only downside on the hotel.

The staff was unbelievably good! Extremely cautious to make everything perfect to us. Congratulations to Carolina, the restaurant manager, who trained very well the whole staff. Sabrina and Fabian did their most to make sure that my boy felt better after his balloon flew away. Congrats everyone!!! I already booked a second stay there for Oktoberfest

Employees slow down. Three times wrote previously themselves with a question when we arrive to prepare the room. Three times they answered. The result was waiting room for over an hour. Such a strange thing...The free Internet is also slow at times. However, paid was not better.But by and large, it's the little things!

Great Breakfast, on weekends and holidays, the first time I meet, good location, Park, subway, train station, Marienplatz, all close. Good bar and bartender. Large bathroom. One double bed. A choice of pillows. That is all right. Except for the prices. Well, the design of the rooms as for me simple-minded and fine art photographs for everybody. But it did not hurt, in Europe is always rustic in style.

• Classic King Room

I would not charge for the rent of the bikes given the cost of the hotel.

The beds were amazing. The air conditioning is very quiet. The bathrooms are large and the heated floors are amazing. The fact you can rent very good bikes was also very good.

Absolutely nothing

Excellent dining quality of food was exceptional. Staff extremely competent and friendly, eager to make guests feel comfortable and at home.

Housekeeping performance

Everything is excellent except housekeeping is not good Spa excellent Gym excellent Restaurant excellent Staff more than excellent

• Superior Deluxe King Room

Of course rather expensive, but nothing out of the ordinary given the standard.

Excellent rooms and splendid breakfast! Our stay was perfect! One person that I really want to point out is Claus at the concierge service. Wow that’s someone you should hold on to! He was the one making the stay special (arrangements and so on) and it was obvious that he actually cared about us and our stay.

• Superior Deluxe King Room

temperature in bathroom too high due to constant-on floor heating; takes long time to get cold water

excellent service, location and pool/ gym facilities; large choice and quality of breakfast

Staff is excellent! Very kind, attentions and supportive. Best staff ever!!! The location is perfect, it’s walking distance to Marienplatz. The room is cozy and super clean. Breakfast is delicious!

IF I had to wish for something that could be changed, I would definitely consider later hours for the pool and spa area. After traveling for over 12 hours by plane, a late night swim and/or sauna would be greatly appreciated.

This property is absolutely amazing! Having stayed in ALL of Munich's best hotels....the Charles definitely deserves their place among the best. The breakfasts were fantastic as were all the employees from the reception to the concierge.

• Classic King Room

1. we were registered the wrong first/last names so at the first night we could not log in WIFI which took quite a while to have it fixed with the hotel staff. 2. at the 2nd day when we came back at 2:30pm the room was still not cleaned. Later the cleaning lady came to clean at around 4pm but we could tell she was eager to finish quickly maybe because it was Christmas Eve: No water or bathrobes were left and the tub was not cleaned at all. 3. Why the lady told us the pool would be closed at 6 when it was actually closed at 7:30pm on Dec 24? 4. after we left we were charged 26 euros for chocolates from mini bar. We did NOT touch anything from the mini bar at all! The hotel solved this issue quickly but it shows the training and management of room service should be improved.

reception and concierge are friendly and helpful. Location is good.

We had absolutely no issue at the Rocco Forte

-The best thing at the Rocco Forte is the very friendly staff. They’re so welcoming and warm -After our arrival we got a upgrade to one of the corner-deluxe suites. Outstanding. -The suite was very clean -The breakfast was outstanding. You will find a big buffet with everything you wish for, the rest you can order. We will definitively visit again!

• Classic King Room

Pillows are too soft. There should be a pillow menu that offers a non-allergenic thick & firm pillow. (Yes, a real first world petty gripe, I know, but it would go a long way towards a sound night’s sleep!)

Large room by European standards. Great bathroom size & facilities Very comfortable bed. Staff were the most friendly & helpful of any hotel or resort that we have ever stayed - bold statement but true of our stay. Excellent breakfast choices. Good room service food. We had a problem with our underfloor heating in the bathroom but the service technician came immediately & fixed it. Excellent location 10 mins walk to the Old Town Marienplatz Christmas Markets.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Classic King Room

You get what you pay for. Thanks to booking.com it was less expensive than it might have been, but still at the top end of the price bracket. But the hotel was excellent; staff outstanding (many referred to me by name after just a few hours and they all spoke impeccable English - which was slightly annoying for me as it dissuaded me form practising my German!). Everything smacked of quality, even down the the really heavy doors which took a bit of effort to open but made the bedroom completely sound-proof. I will definitely return.

All good and nothing to complaint.

Location is excellent and it can’t get better, close to bus stops (tourism busses) and walking distance to Karl Square; main shopping street. Concierge staff are well informed and got great knowledge about various matter (airline booking, tours, trains, etc). As for Tim in concierge desk; he’s a good man. Rooms are super clean and housekeeping service is really good!

Nothing that comes to my mind

The room and view from room, the breakfast the spa and the concierge... all superb. Staff extremely polite helpful and warm. Fabulous breakfast spread.

• Classic King Room

nothing to dislike about the hotel everything top notch level!

room was spacious, breakfast very good, staff very attentive and helpful, wi-fi one of the best tried on the same hotel categories, overall the score for this hotel 10!

Concierge was a little slow in meeting our needs, but in the end all good. Close to the city centre, 2 minute walk to restaurants, shops etc.

Beautiful hotel, luxury and the staff were amazing, especially the breakfast staff.

• Classic King Room

Outside the elevators on the 3rd floor were several large spots which I think look not very tacky and lowered the cleanliness rating.

Everyone I dealt with extremely helpful and kind! The concierge team was exceptional. They responded to every email, and voicemail. They booked 2 day time guides and a number of taxis and restaurant reservations. All were completed without a hitch! They deserve an exceptional rating!!!

• Classic King Room

Amazing hotel with wonderful staff. Very friendly and helpful. In a quiet location but walking distance to shopping area and train station. Great breakfast.

• Classic King Room

Every thing was perfect , spacious tastefully decorated rooms, very helpfull and welcoming staff, variety of food at breakfast buffet, great location especially to the city tour bus and Marin plats. We would definitely come back agine to this hotel

1. We have informed at the time of Booking of our need for two baby cots, the check-in desk initially denied that we have done that and they ultimately sorted it 2. Sophia restaurant- can be a bit chaotic in mornings, not very helpful with babies 3. The sofa chair in our room had stains and looked out of place in a property like this 4. We had to remind house keeping about cleaning our room on second day in the afternoon.

Concierge very helpful, some of the staff equally nice Babysitting service was good

• Superior Deluxe King Room

Staff was incredible!! Concierges--Tim and Claud were exceptional!! Breakfast was excellent-- couldn't ask for more. Room and quiet location, with good view appreciated!!

This hotel is not only about excellent facilities and equally good location. The true essence of the hotel is it's honest polite professional management. All the staff on all levels are polite and must smile at you!!!, beside they really know their work, hence know how to serve you really well. I want to extend a special thanks to Mr. Max, and Mrs. Victoria at the concierge desk for their outstanding help and dedication to their work, they literally booked my flights and arranged my car rental at extremely competitive rates. Also, The staff at the breakfast room especially Mr. Albier helping us with all of our needs. Finally I would like to commend the management of this great hotel on their exemplary work, please keep it up. This is probably on the best run hotels I've been too. I do genuinely recommend it.

• Classic King Room

The location - there was some police activity at the park across the street when we were there. Not a great walk from Marienplatz but very easy walk from the train station.

Very helpful staff; clean, large rooms with good pillows

• Classic King Room

Lovely and pleasant service from the valet till the reception ... the housekeeping service was outstanding ... rooms very spacious and the tv had a huge amount of channels

• Classic King Room

One male staff at the breakfast was not too friendly.

Great location. Good breakfast and facilities. We all like it and would recommend to our friends.

• Classic King Room

The breakfeast is a little expensive at a 41 euro per person.

Great design. Modern but yet luxurious. Located at a great location, 5 minutes walk from marineplatz; the great shoping district.

• Classic King Room

The Charles hotel is fabulous. The hotel itself is a true 5* but what REALLY impresses is the level of the people who works there. Thank you for this amazing experience in Munique. I read good reviews about the concierge team, but I can tell, Tim is the BEST concierge I ever met. He made our time in the city even better. Will always be there when back to Munique.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Classic King Room

Excellent location, kind stuff, rooms are large and very cosy, nice spa area, large pool If you are in munich and want to make your stay enjoyable, stay at the Charles Hotel!!!.

• Classic King Room

Breakfast is way too expensive. $42 E for the same breakfast I got free at other hotels. German hotels are very generous. It's more of an American brunch with meats, cheeses, etc. Also did not like the fact that they only offered a small edition of The New York Times. This paper was only editorials that were very biased and some of them very offending. No real news. What happened to USA Today or The Wall St. Journal?

Good Location, nice spa and pool. Rooms large, clean and modern. Staff excellent.

Nothing, everything was just perfect.

A fantastic hotel in perfect location. You can reach almost everything by foot from this hotel. The staff is amazing and the breakfast was absolutely superb, everything is of the highest quality and you can get almost whatever you want during the breakfast. The hotel also has a very good restaurant, we had a dinner there and everything was just perfect. You also have to try the fantastic cocktails they are making at the bar. The pool and spa area is also very nice. The price of the rooms is quite high, but I think in this case you pay for what you get.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make our family feel at home. The hotel was beautiful and the room was spacious and comfortable. They even had a little robe and slippers for our toddler! The restaurant provided a delicious breakfast buffet in the morning and the restaurant in the evening also served exceptional food. This hotel was a dream- I would highly recommend!!

• Classic King Room

One day before my trip I received an e-mail from booking.com informing me that my credit card could not be processed by the hotel and I was asked to update my credit card detail. I thought maybe I entered some incorrect information and I updated it. However an hour later I got the same message. I called the hotel and they said the card was declined but they did not know why. they said that if I was coming on the following day then it was OK. I also contacted my bank and my banker said everything was fine with the card, I had enough funds so he also did not see where the problem was. As I did not have the time to look into this further 1 day before the trip, I left it at that. When I arrived at the hotel - same story, the hotel could not use the card to authorise the reservation, as it was declined. I was quite annoyed so I called my banker from the hotel and the reception spoke with him and he also double checked and said everything was fine with the card, that it could have been a technical problem, but he would have more information on Monday. he said he would reset ma card and that it should work in a few hours. Luckily, we could use my friend's card for the authorisation, so at least we could get the room. My friend had arrived before me and she told me when she showed the hotel that the reservation was made via booking.com, the hotel seemed surprised and not too happy). So I began to get a bit suspicious, but I wanted to see how things would turn out at the checkout, because to be fair, it could have been a technical problem. So when we were checking out, I thought the card would work but no, same problem, card declined again (even though that same weekend I made several purchases with the card and it worked just fine). So I paid with my debit card and decided to get to the bottom of this when I got back to the office.

The hotel is at a superb location and the rooms are very comfortable. Breakfast is very good. Staff at the reception and the bar was very attentive. I have a complaint with the hotel's payment department (or whoever is responsible for processing credit card payments) which I will outline in detail the following comments box.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The hotel is in the centre of Munich yet it is very quiet, and faces a lovely green park with no traffic noise. The breakfast room has a high cieling, with beautiful fittings, I did like it. Our rooms had beautiful large, perfectly equipped bathrooms, the room it self was spacious and overlooking the green park. Most importantly, the staff were polite, and v helpful, I did like that they always offered their help, and there help proved to be always helpful. Congratulations to the excellent management. Regards

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Superior Deluxe King Room

Probably the best services in all hotels in Europe. I stayed in London Ritz, Savoy, Vienna Sacher hotels, but I can tell this hotel service is much better than them. Every staff is super polite with the best professional service. One spot light is their TV can connect to your iPhone, and your iPhone become the remote control and every operation on the phone will be displayed on TV. This view was so beautiful. Best staff is Leon and Claus, they are extremely polite and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

We liked everything

The staff were friendly and accommodating. We loved the comfort and views from the room. The heated tile floor and rain head shower were delightful in the bathroom. The tv with blue tooth connection was nice too. Given issues with jet lag the breakfast served until 2 pm was perfect. The breakfast was amazing too!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Classic King Room

Stuff is superb. Very professional, polite and helpful. Location is fine, close to everything you need - shopping, railway station, historical city centre. Unfortunately, didn't have a chance to avail to spa and swimming pool so can't review it.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Classic King Room

the Charles Hotel manages very well to make your stay flawless and pleasant. Very professional personnel, attentive and very client-oriented. Special thank you for making it easy for me to keep the ice packs deeply frozen, it was super helpful!! The rooms are fabulous, love the Charles Hotel Tea Station that can be complimentary delivered straight to your room. The hotel is conveniently located however is in the very cosy and quiet surrounding. Breakfasts at the Charles Hotel cant be missed. Love the freshly brewed tea(loose leave not a tea bag!!!), food variety and a pleasant ambience.

• Classic King Room

There was a lighter in my bath robe. Very disguted since it shows the towl was just folded back to porition and not washed. There was no coffee and tea making set in the room. Very inconveniant to call for a pot every time. The free wifi speed was super low. There should be high speed provided to a room that you have paid over €350 per night.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

NOTHING

Lovely spacious rooms , beautiful bathroom with heated floors. Grand lobby with a nice bar. Also enjoyed the breakfast served in a bright and sunny room. The staff was very helpful. I enjoyed the layout of the hotel as there was an atrium with let lots of sunlight into the halls

• Classic King Room

Breakfast at EUR 50 per Person for what it is way too expansive. Car parking at EUR 30 per day also on the more expansive side internationally. Service was, as you would expect for a 5* luxury hotel ok, but not exceptional in any way. Strained carpets don't make a good impression, we were a bit appalled by that. It is a decent business hotel, not necessarily something to stay with your family. Lacks the charme of some of the other more boutique-style hotels in Munich, they do a better job at making you feel at home. Would go back for business (in and out), but would definitely prefer a cosier and more relaxed place for breakfast.

Great location, good team (room service, restaurant)

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Classic King Room

Staff were polite and efficient. Service was excellent. We only ate in the bar late in the evening for a snack but were very happy with what we ordered.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Maybe supply hot water somewhere for Chinese.

It is the first time I visit Munich and This hotel supply first class service. Everyone is nice. The breakfast is delicious. I had 3 times dinner here too. The park outside gave us so much fun especially for my daughter. I visit choose this hotel again when I visit next time!

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Classic King Room

The parking garage cost is higher than other Hotels.

The hotel is in a very good location, the staff were very professional and pleasant. The room was very clean, quite and comfortable. The restaurant "Sophia" is beautifully decorated and the food was Exquisite.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Classic King Room

It was a little chilly in the room this time. Some holes on the sheet.

Our favorite hotel in Munich. Good location. Friendly service. Big choice at breakfast. The restaurant is excellent , delicious food and great atmosphere. Were pleased with kids menu

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Classic King Room

The king bed was incredibly uncomfortable - it was really just two single beds pushed together and the mattress was really hard in the middle and slanted away from the middle to the sides. A terrible sleep!!

great croissants, excellent coffee, and warmly welcoming staff

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Classic King Room

Our only compliant is that the TV was aging. For a hotel of this standard, the TV was small and the signal for a third of the channels was incorrectly configured (wrong size, perspective).

Excellent management visible in Staff Training. Every interaction with staff was flawless. The attendant at the check-in desk escorted us personally to our room! When the concierge was off-duty late at night the front desk filled in competently and arrangements were seamlessly picked up the following morning. The bartender mixed a delicious Negroni. The room was spacious and beautifully furnished. Large bath. Our stay was a series of pleasant surprises. The hotel was a welcome refuge after wintry walks about town. This is the standard to which every luxury hotel should aspire. Money well spent.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Classic King Room

Breakfast area was a little crowded, but that's because it was holiday time and a very full house.

You simply can't beat this staff, the location and the rooms. All top notch.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Lack of trouser-press in the room.

All staff are excellent, polite, competent. We lost a necklace in a bath robe pocket and it was traced, found and delivered to the room very quickly. Very impressed.

• Classic King Room

I was displeased with the spa service this time . Although I have done lots of treatments in the past all with excellent and experienced staff, this time the girl was not very good , you could feel how bored she was and although I paid for a 60min massage I only did 45mins because she was delayed and the room was not ready !!! But I did pay full price !

I like everything about this hotel that why I am a returning customer . For this visit I enjoyed the new bar and restaurant . Excellent food and service .

• Classic King Room

Don't order any of the extra egg dishes for breakfast, they're just sitting around back getting soggy.

Staff was phenomenal from top to bottom. The breakfast buffet is fantastic and our Christmas Day dinner there was delightful. The Garden view from our room was lovely. Great location a 5 minute walk from the main train station.

We have 4 kids who wanted to use the pool but unfortunately the hours were between 11-4 and that was a bit inconvenient when your out sightseeing during those prime daytime hours. Having a pool was one of our requirements so the restrictive hours proved disappointing.

The staff were unbelievably attentive. We had a little issue with the new carpet in our room and the manager took care of the issue. Breakfast buffet was delicious and the staff were very helpful and accommodating to special requests.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Classic King Room

There is nothing I would improve on.

Breakfast was great - lots of choices but very busy nonetheless worth waiting for. The staff was extraordinarily helpful and friendly. Would go back in a minute. Loved the "library" for tea and coffee or just a respite from the walking.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Classic King Room

The room could not be cooled properly, had to open a window. Breakfast staff friendly but poorly trained.

Professional, courteous and friendly staff. Everything is spotless and beautifully appointed. Nice little surprises for my daughter. The location is excellent, close to but not "in" town. Spa experience superb.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Big spots on the carpet in the room and in the corridor. Spots on the marble floor in the bathroom. Cleaness is poor. That was disappointing. For the price 450 euro per night. It's overpriced. There is no tea pot and tea in the room. If u want some tea need to call room service.

It is a good option to spend a night in Munich. The swimming pool is good. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Superior Deluxe King Room

poor internet (unless you pay €20 per day), breakfasts could be better (especially for vegetarians)

wonderful location, spacious rooms, professional staff

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

A mismatch between what I ordered as an extra bed for our little girl was proposed as an extra two days before I was due at the hotel. The friendly staff understood this as a technical issue between them and Bookings.com and dismissed the extra cost for the child's bed. I didn't pay anything other than the confirmed amount.

From my experience of having lived in Germany and now going back for short holidays, the staff in the Charles Hotel are second to none (across all levels is hotel staff). Friendly, helpful and chatty, which made my family and I feel right at home. The stereotype grumpy and arrogant German simply does not exist in the Charles. My second stay here and not my last. Really lovely place to have a holiday.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Classic King Room

Professional and efficient staff, from the doors through reception, at the room and when having breakfast. Charming people and charming hotel. Loved the views from our room. Location is great. Only 3 minutes walk from old town attractions. Can't go wrong with this hotel ❤️

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Classic King Room

We were disappointed, to be honest with the service we got at Rocco Forte. Being the top rated and most expensive hotel in Munich we expected a better service from everyone. We were heading to Munich as a part of our honeymoon, and we did mention that during our reservation, but no one there helped to make it better. Since my wife had been there to the same exact hotel before, she knew what kind of service we should expect. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, room service was ok, but not up to the level that it should be in this category of hotels. On our reservation, we mentioned that we wanted a late checkout, and we did mention that on our check-in as well, on our departure day, I received a call 3 times from the hotel while having breakfast asking us when are we leaving, are we done yet, and so on. It was really frustrating. We mentioned that on our checkout, so the lady standing there told us she'll speak to the manager, went in, came out she told us we are sorry but we can't do anything and they offered to take a bottle of water out of our check, and he didn't even bother himself to come talk to us. We wanted to extend an extra night, but when we found that's the quality of service you get, we preferred going to another hotel in Munich. During our checkout, the guy took our baggage and put it in the taxi even before we were done with the checkout process. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to any of my friends and I'm not looking forward to staying there once again when I get back to Munich. You don't get the level of service you pay for.

Breakfast at Sophia's restaurant was good.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Classic King Room

The prices in the restaurant were a bit too expensive.

The two most important things are bed and breakfast. The bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast buffet included a wide range of choices including freshly prepared egg dishes to your own liking.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Classic King Room

The 20 euro fee for faster wi-fi and how the hold the cost for the room seperate from the charge they make when u check out so like the charge your credit card twice

The comfort feel of the hotel like u are at home

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Classic King Room

Staff service was variable. The front desk and concierge, as well as the bar staff, were welcoming and efficient, whereas the restaurant staff, both at breakfast and dinner, were inconsistent in their level of service. The hotel was busy but there did not seem to be always enough staff on duty to accommodate such a high-end hotel restaurant. This meant that on our third day we waited fully five minutes to be seated and had to ask several times for coffee, butter etc. There were two of us, both female, and on several occasions they tried to seat us in a row of tables very close to each other, even though there were better tables available.

The swimming pool, which is a good size. Milan's superb level of service in the bar. The quietness: absolutely nothing can be heard from other rooms, or indeed from the street outside. The buffet breakfast was wide-ranging, of excellent quality and generous. The high standard of housekeeping was apparent throughout.

After staying at 3 other hotels throughout Europe within the last 2 weeks, the Charles was by far my favourite, with generous sized rooms, modern, comfortable and stylish furnishings and finishes, and exceptional service as well as the best breakfast buffet we had throughout our travels.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

They forgot a reminder 2nd wake up call (though I was admittedly changing requests a couple times). When leaving, I felt slightly pressured to take a taxi after I'd said I had already called an Uber -- taxi driver was lurking

Great room, located near train station and walking distance to center or Oktoberfest. Great staff. Very quiet room

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

There is one thing tho; the breakfast wasn't included in the reservation; but when I checked out they made me pay for it(50€); even though it wasn't confirmed when I checked in; anyway I didn't question them or complain about it because Of the unexpected upgrade :) Anyway; that wasn't a big deal,, and I still give them 9.5+

I would like to extend my thanks to all the hotel staff for making my stay memorable and enjoyable; and for upgrading my room From a deluxe king room to an executive suite (73m) which was a nice touch. Definitely will come again.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

I didn't like the noise from the street( 2 fl.) and the room view. Room service is not good and equipment of room very poor. Have no teacups,teapot, coffe machine, but every evening staff delivery cups with coffe capsules. Very fun. My room wasn't in accordance my booking, hasn't a balcony.

Good breakfasts Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Classic King Room

Unfortunately this hotel didn't deal with me as a customer in a respective way .. They have taken from my VISA two times which is more than they should take and also they refuse to give me my Bill !!! I have sent to the hotel several email and there is no response from them

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Classic King Room

Nothing much. Just the lobby is a little bit plain and empty. Could do with a coffee shop or bar there.

Perfect service. Great location. And amazing attention to detail. This is the best place to stay in Munich considering price and location!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Superior Deluxe King Room

The room service only has limited options after 10:30 PM.

The staff were very polite and helpful. The check-in and check-out process took less than a minute. The location of the hotel is secluded yet within walking distance from main train station and the center of the city. If the room comes with breakfast included in the rate you have the choice either to have it down in the Sophia restaurant and have a nice morning breeze or you can have it in the comfert of your room at no extra charge like most hotels do.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

To be honest everything was good except One night we have requested something from the reseption but the guy there skipped me to help the others how just jumped their, when I asked him I am the first in line,and you should assist me first! He replied "I am trying to be a gentleman". How com!! Did I come to the hotel and paied a lot of money to tell me how to be a "Gentelman"! He shoul get my permission to skipped me and help the others if they have an emergency case and maybe I could give a hand to help them. This is the way to be Gentleman.

Everything is great. Location, staff, and food. we loved the food from the hotel restaurant.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

It's not 5-star hotel and for it cost it should be luxury hotel and fancy not like that! I think the hotel is the most expensive hotel in Munich and for his value is the worst.

The staff and the location are great.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Breakfast is quite expensive, but worth it!

The spa zone: big swiming pool, roomy space, hot sauna. View from the balkony: old botanik garden! The restaurant: all our very special requests were satisfied with a smile.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Classic King Room

Disappointed / Overpriced / NOT 5 Star The negatives: Slow WIFI; No reading light at bed; No coffee making facilities in room; Small luggage stand only fits ONE suitcase; This hotel is overpriced.

The positives: Comfortable bed; Spacious rooms; Quiet