Reviews of Hotel Rosenhof This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Koehlwaeldchen 16, 66877 Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany

#2 of 9 hotels in Ramstein-Miesenbach

only suggestion I would make is to put irons and ironing boards in the rooms

Great location for me while visiting my son. Beautiful setting, helpful staff, pet friendly, clean room, amazing food, extensive menu. If I ever get back to Germany, this is where I would stay.

From check in to check out, the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and cute. The beds were soft and comfortable. The property itself is very charming and relaxing and around 15 min from Ramstein Air Base. As requested, my friends and I were all placed in rooms on the same hall. The breakfast was very typical German morning fare with eggs, sausage, selection of cold cuts and cheeses, bread, and mueslis and the coffee was lovely. On checkout they gave us lovely little gift bags with some water, fruit, and candies which was a very nice surprise.

• Standard Single Room

It was a little challenging to find as you have to wander behind another hotel. And since it is right next to the Autobahn, it can be a little loud.

Super friendly staff; Excellent meal in the restaurant; good breakfast; and convenient to the local area. They even gave me a care package when I left!

• Standard Single Room

A relax chair in the room would have been nice. Room a bit spartan but functional

Good restaurant, smooth check in and out. Nice touch with the goodie bag on check out, breakfast very good

• Standard Single Room

Larger comforter on bed, more than one towel/washcloth per room for the single guest.

Great breakfast selection and two restaurants within the hotel for evening dining.

• Comfort Double Room

It was unfortunate that the room information sheet listed a happy hour at the bar restaurant but when we went for happy hour at the directed time, it wasn't available. We also were disappointed to find out at the property that they have some availability for pet rooms as it is listed as 'no pets' and we hired a pet sitter because of it. We would have much preferred to travel with our little dog.

A beautiful water fountain greets you as you walk into reception. The grounds are immaculate and beautiful greenery and flowers surround the path to the rooms. We had everything we needed in our room and breakfast was better than many hotels, serving a variety of warm and cold options.

• Comfort Double Room

Perhaps they could have slightly better toiletries in room.Did have shower gel but I hadn't taken shampoo or conditioner, so my fault really.

Although close to main road it was NOT a problem and the location was excellent. Great meal in reausturant and lovely gardens and layout.

• Comfort Double Room

This hotel is very near the autobahn, but we did not hear the traffic in our room. The restaurant had very good food, but was a bit pricey. The breakfast was also very good and was included in our rate. They did provide a crib for the infant in our group. They double bed was uncomfortable for me. The room was a nice size. We were glad we chose this place.

The rooms were very nice, with extremely comfortable beds/bedding. There was a lot of parking available on premises. The daily breakfast consisted of a good variety of items and were all very tasty. The restaurant staff were very accommodating and the meal was fantastic!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Standard Single Room

No sound deadening in the Bathroom at all with the adjoining neighbors Bathroom. While I only had one opportunity to eat breakfast. There was a good continental style selection. What I ate was very good. Entrance to the rooms were external, i.e. open to someone walking up behind you. The style was like old Motor Hotels.

The room was comfortable, clean, and fairly well outfitted with a table, chair, and light for work. There was a built in a moire. There was a comfortable chair for reading or watching TV. Good size bathroom with a combination tub/shower, extendable mirror by the lavoratory. Good lighting throughout. It had an old world style outside, but modern features inside. The staff were kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Weird parking situation if there are a lot of guests. Probably not best to book hotel during Christmas as their are limited staff their at the time.

Clean accomodations. Good home-cooked breakfast. Comfortable beds. Heart of Ramstein.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The wi-fi was sufficient to stream Netflix. The hotel is only a 5 minute drive to Ramstein Air Base. Breakfast was excellent. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room

We had amazing customer service; they went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and comfortable. We were there for a medical procedure and one night I couldn't get out of bed and they offered us room service (which they don't on a regular basis).

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

I can't think of a thing I didn't like!

Perfect room, wonderful staff, beautiful hotel. I've been to many older hotels that I thought would be nice, if they'd just update some of the conveniences and keep it clean. Hotel Rosenhof has done that. The grounds are immaculate and inviting; the staff is super-friendly and helpful; and the room had a modern shower, comfortable bed, flat-screen TV, and little perks I didn't expect. Great breakfast, too. This is the kind of hotel I'd be proud to own. If you have special needs, I'd suggest a discussion about access. My wonderful room would be a challenge for a wheelchair, but there appeared to be rooms with easier entries.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The bathroom door has no lock and is transparent. If I was with my husband I wouldn't have cared. However, I was with a new friend who I wasn't 100% comfortable with yet. It was an inconvenience.

The staff was amazing and very helpful. We had a very late check in and the kitchen was closed but they still made us food. In the morning the breakfast was amazing and they send you off with a goodie bag to enjoy on your way out.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

This time we arrived late, the windows for our room and also the rolladen were both open, and because the room is near the patio dining area, it was hot and smoky. We were told not to use the AC unit when we were out, so we did not, and when we came in for the night the room was warm and stuffy. Arriving late was a mistake, as the dinner we were served was not up to standard for the place, although breakfast was fine when we showed up early.

We were delighted to have this booking at the last minute because we have greatly enjoyed the restaurant several times previously. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the pillows wonderful.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The staff was great. We arrived with two babies and they gave us two rooms and two beds, brought meals to our room and went the extra mile to help us with our stay.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Housekeeping staff either knocked once and walked in while we were asleep or didn't show up at all. Several times we had to hunt them down for towels. Cute little rooms but if they want to update, they could remove the cheesy 80s art canvases on the walls.

Lovely breakfast! Very European breakfast buffet. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful. Love the fountain and patio area for a relaxing German beer in the evenings.

• Standard Single Room

Easy check-in. Great parking. Good location!

• Standard Single Room

The staff was excellent in every position. The rooms were simple and comfortable and the food was worth the trip.

Quiet and comfortable and clean. Nice outside patio dining. Good value

Everything.

• Comfort Double Room

Fabulous stay. Great facilities and enjoyable breakfast.

n/a

Warm breakfast, very clean rooms, attentive staff

• Comfort Double Room

Internet stopped work in the middle of the night.

Location and staff, breakfast was good

• Comfort Double Room

I wouldn't change anything. Wunderbar!

Cottage-like feel and extremely friendly, accommodating staff

Excellent service, wonderful food (dinner and breakfast.)

Hard bed. Woke up aching. Room is rather basic but ok for 1 night

Staff

• Comfort Single Room

Great location for visiting family member at Ramstein. Room very clean. Free daily breakfast excellent. Friendly staff. Highly recommended.

Room was a little small

Breakfast, staff, ambience

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Restaurant a little overpriced

Good breakfast, large room, going away "thank you" bag was a nice touch

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Wait staff were a little slower that I would have liked at check out.

Great Breakfast and value for the money

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Great breakfast, clean rooms

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Great breakfast buffet The hotel is very close to the Autobahn but very quiet.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

The restaurant was excellent

The weather

I come here 4 times a year. I've tried other local places but the service and food are excellent!!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

You could hear freeway noise if you kept the window open.

Great customer service, breakfast was included and room was quite clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Glass door for a bathroom door. No privacy

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

I always stay here when I'm in town.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

The location was not easy to find but once there, their staff and rooms made up for the location

The staff was very friendly and hospitable

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Standard Single Room

Localisation of the room-not in one huge building,but in smaller one,giving you kind of intimacy.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Great location, wonderful staff, clean and charming accommodations. We did not eat dinner there but the courtyard was set beautifully. Breakfast had an ample selection of American and German items. Definitely would stay there again!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Wish there was a fan in the room to make it cooler...with only the window open, it can get stuffy.

Staff at this hotel is amazing. Breakfast is delightful. Rooms are comfortable and you will get a good night's sleep. Bathrooms are immaculate. Food in both restaurants is delicious.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

The mattress was sagging in the middle; not enough to spoil our time, but just a little annoying.

The attention to detail throughout the grounds and the hotel. The staff was very professional and friendly. The restaurant food was superb.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

The room was cooler than expected but perhaps the heater needed adjustment.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were cozy and clean. The breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2015

Really a minor issue - at night, it's very dark. I wish the remote sensors on the outdoor lighting as well as in the hallway would work better...a little hard to see as I had to use the flashlight on my phone.

This hotel was "off the hook!" I loved it! The staff was welcoming and wonderful. The room was AWESOME. Plenty of light and nice desk to work on in the room(with an outlet over the desk for easy plug in!) Immaculate room with a great shower. Comfortable bed and quiet for peaceful sleep. Super nice restaurant with excellent quality food. Breakfast in the morning was complete and had numerous choices - was very filling. Super fast WIFI. Loved the Happy Hour!

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Proximity to the Autobahn: it is a little noisy but the rooms are well insulated.

Proximity to the Autobahn: it is a very convenient place to stop on a long journey. Very clean and tidy. The beds were very large and very comfortable - we all slept well. The shower rooms were also large, clean and well equipped.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

arrived early and they gave me a room right away the staff is great all of them and the food is first class would definitely go back if I return to the area

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

I didn't get coffee for breakfast

Bed

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Great dinner at the restaurant. The wi-fi was good and we were able to wash clothes in their large machine.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

Excellent breakfast. Restaurant was fabulous!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

Great location, excellent restaurant, wonderful staff. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

Great place! Beautiful rooms. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

Though only short, it was a comfortable stay.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2015

The entire staff was friendly, helpful and professional. I felt like a member of their family more than an out-of-town (foreigner) guest.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

Only one large towel for the two of us for two nights.

Breakfast was super.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

Kept tripping the power with the coffee pot.

Staff Restaurant

• Reviewed: 27 May 2015

The breakfast was superb and the room was clean with a really nice bathroom.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Small rooms, thin walls, we heard every conversation frombour neighbors. Even the ones at 3am.

Price and breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 April 2015

I say again, everything was first class...

They do a great job in all aspects

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

This breakfast and dinner were amazing couldn't of asked for better

• Reviewed: 11 April 2015

Friendly Staff, Good Food, Cater to Americans near Landstuhl and Ramstein bases.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Restaurant staff was so friendly and the food was great.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

We did not get the room featured on the pictured

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Rosenhof traveller photo gallery