Reviews of Hotel Rothof Bogenhausen 4 stars

Denningerstrasse 114, Bogenhausen, 81925 Munich, Germany

#45 of 349 hotels in Munich

We experienced some confusion with where to park.

We had a lovely, quiet (at my request), and spacious room on the top floor and really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The staff could not have been more helpful!

Nice hotel, great breakfast. I had a room on the ground floor, opening to the garden. Quiet, the bed is comfortable. It was perfect for my one-night stay.

• Apartment

I had to wait from 6am to 3pm for check in, which I understood but there is not any helps from receptionist to provide any information to me, e.g. local map, bike renting... and just let me wait in the lobby... I felt cold when I was there...

cleaning ladies are nice ... the breakfast is not bad and facility is nice as well location is not that convenient...

No complaints at all, but a suggestion to add tea / coffee making facilities in the rooms. That would be more useful than the mini bar

Lovely big comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast, and all very well maintained and clean. Great park at the rear of the hotel and sports centre too.

I would add slippers and toiletries and then the picture of the total comfort would be fully painted. I would also add one more chair to the balcony, as we've stayed in the double room and wanted to be able to sit together. However, we've only had one chair. Pillows on the wooden chair would also be a nice compliment, but this is so minor comment, that it doesn't really change the entire super-positive opinion.

This is a wonderful place to stay! an oasis in the middle of the big city, really! I was pleasantly amazed with the size of the room and the size of the balcony. As well as the view from the window, which was to the inner yard, with little stream and lots of space to walk and enjoy a good weather. Breakfast is superb. Anything you can dream of for your morning. We've stayed for 4 nights and didn't have a chance to try everything that was proposed for the breakfast. Coffee was exactly the way my husband likes. He was pleased. The staff is friendly and helpful, we wanted to extend our stay and we've got an immediate positive reply even without room change. A huge park right behind the hotel, so you can feel yourself in the middle of a very quite and green and pleasant environment. And have a nice walk. U-bahn and restaurants as well as shops are at a walking distance.

The bed was the most uncomfortable piece of concrete I’ve ever slept on. The fact that they offer a topper shows that they are aware their beds are awful. Even with the topper I woke up with pains in my back and hips every day. The quality of the linens was also terrible. I would have been more comfortable wrapping myself in muslin.

The breakfast spread was the only redeeming factor for this hotel.

If you don‘t have business in the vicinity it is out of the way It isn’t even in the nice part of Bogenhausen (but in the far business end of it). If you need to go to the city in the morning plan enough time. My taxi took more then half an hour to get there. I also did not much like that one of the servers at breakfast seemed annoyed that I showed up „late“at nine am, even though breakfast is served till 11am. One gentleman at reception seems to look at his guests a bit down his nose (I guess I live in Asia for too long). A thing I really dislike are hotels which only have dispensers of some shower gel in the bathroom. I know it is economical, but is one bar of soap and a shampoo additionally too much to ask for? As it has become so much harder to take your toiletries on flights, hotels of any standing should really provide the basics here. The WiFi isn’t great either but that seems to be a pretty standard problem in German hotels and not specific to the Rothof.

Spacious, bright and quiet room overlooking a park. In summer the huge balcony must be a great place to hang out. Breakfast was sumptuous for German standards. Loved the Fleischsalat. Most of the staff working at reception are very friendly and helpful.

wifi terrible - did not work at all. But in fairness to the hotel - just about every hotel in Germany I use has the same problem - bad service providers. my pet hate - no real soap bars. I hate liquid soap.

Location - excellent. Staff - excellent. Free parking - excellent. Breakfast good. Room - really excellent.

The underground garage spiral is extremely narrow. Even for my small Toyota Auris. With a middle sized Audi or Mercedes you better do not even try.

The park nearby is top notch.

• Apartment

Staff did not welcome children. Very uncomfortable atmosphere at breakfast with my children. Alarmingly - a large lump of glass was in my fridge. I discovered it when my 1 year Old opened the fridge to get her drink. It was on the lower shelf in the door. I told staff but it was never removed. On check out I asked why not / did hotel think this was ok and the receptionist said sorry , what do you want me to do. It was an abrupt and rude apology.

There was some mess in the morning at the reception desk when I was checking out. I was in a hurry and the guy who accepted my payment was, first, doing some admin. works and told me to "wait a moment". Then he was answering incoming phone calls while preparing a receipt for me (there was his colleague who could do this for him as the other man was not busy at that time..), and all the procedure took really quite long! Because of this I missed my train! I'm sorry but I think he was not involved enough or is badly organised at work... I was checking out on Thu, 19 Oct around 8:15 in the morning. Thanks.

Very nice, clean, and cosy place to stay for a night (or two :). Tasty breakfast with a wide range of food to choose from. Friendly and helpful Staff. I will definitely return to Hotel Rothof if I'm in Munich for a business trip again! :-)

For not being in the city center, this hotel was incredibly expensive (almost $700 for two nights). Lesson learned - don't travel to Munich during Oktoberfest.

Good location very close to the U Bahn. Got to the center of Munich in 15 minutes.

Nothing to complain

This hotel has a very beautiful garden, which connect with the Dinninger Park. Room is super clean and comfortable. There are several supermarkets around, very easy for us to grab anything needed. The breakfast is satisfied us with various kinds of food, especially some typical Bavarian things.

When I arrived (late at night) I was given a room different from the one I paid for. The next day I had talk to the management. They changed the room - no problem but was all rather annoying. One morning they started working 7:30am with heavy drilling. Had to call few times and only by around 8am they stopped. I couldn't sleep after that. I wouldn't say these were recurrent problems (I stayed there for close to 2 weeks) but still are obvious things that shouldn't happen. The bottom line is I'd stay there again.

It is a really nice hotel. Its cleanliness is unparalleled, the breakfast is as good as all people say. Quiet park-like setting. No noise in the room despite facing (towards the back) a big street. The access to very high-quality sports/fitness center + sauna was really nice (but they are in adjacent property).

Rooms had insects the first day. Later they cleaned. Was very hot. Had to ask for fans.

Quite close to the underground. Helpful staff, specially at the reception. Located on beautiful grounds.

My friends room however was stuffy and hot even though it was bigger.... it had a small kitchen but nothing provided.... except they did have a kettle There were no tea/coffee making facilities in our room at all.

The breakfasts were superb - fresh and good variety. Our room had a balcony and doors that opened out on to it which made the room pleasantly cool .

I had no complaints regarding any hotel features

This is an excellent property - the sports club / beer garden is particularly fine. the amenities are entirely consistent with a 4 star designation.

Amazing hotel situated in the middle of large park! Rooms are big and comfortable. Variety of food at the breakfast is also very large, and the reastaurant itself is very nice. Sutuated not far fron the centre right in the middle of a picturesque parc. Highly recommended!

For a "business" hotel, it was odd to have a desk with no available power ports. Also no alarm clock or working radio in the room, and no in-room coffee or tea. No A/C either (though thankfully we just missed the heatwave). The internet was spotty or completely out at times, and never very fast.

A nicely located hotel with most rooms facing a park like setting. Slightly older furnishings, but very cleanly kept. Breakfast was pleasant with lots of variety.

Excellent staff. Quiet and comfortable. Large garden area. Good size rooms. Near public transportation, shopping, and large open space/ nature park.

The hotel is a bit outdated.. everything is a bit old and not modern. However everything is very clear. We went for a wedding nearby however for those who would come to visit the city itself it's a bit far from the centre.

Very clean rooms, good fitness facility within walking distance, lovely breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Apartment

The distance from the car to the room was quite long since we didn't manage to find a parking spot in front of the hotel and our room was at the last floor and at the end of the corridor.

The space of the room was generous as well as the bathroom size. The beds were very comfy even the extra one. Breakfast has a good variety of choices and very tasty. The location is surrounded by a green area and the metro station is a few minutes away.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

No electric kettle in the room, no face cloths, and no beer in the mini bar (odd since there are so many great beers to be had in Munich!). It would have been nice to have bathrobes in the room (rather than having to ask for one at the desk and providing a security deposit).

The hotel is lovely and the staff were all very kind and helpful. (Kudos to the young man at the reception desk who gave me detailed instructions on how to navigate the public transportation system in Munich.) Beautiful view of the park via a glass wall to a private balcony. Well appointed room with a small couch, desk chair and a large desk area, and an excellent area for placing luggage and hanging clothes. Fridge with a mini bar, and a nice selection of in-room snacks available. The bathroom has a lovely deep tub with a glass partition to keep water in the tub when showering. The breakfast spread was vast, although it is a little pricey for my eating habits (tea, toast and a few slices of cheese / ham). In terms of the hotel's location, Bogenhausen is a primarily residential area. The number of restaurants and other visitor facilities are limited in this area. The Richard Strauss Str. station (on the U4 line) underground is within a 5 min. walk, however, and so you can get to many downtown locations within a half hour. There are several restaurants and food markets in the building across from the station on Denninger Str. The hotel is very close to Arrabellastr., so good for business travelers who need a place to stay in that area. Easy access from the airport - take the train to the München-Daglfing stop, then take the 188 bus. The 188 bus stops within a 2 min. walk to the hotel. I would definitely visit the hotel again.

Not many restaurant opportunities that I saw. They may be there but walked the 600m to the UBahn and went downtown. They did have a chain (Vapiano's) restaurant near the Ubahn and some grocery stores there.

Great front desk individuals. Polite and efficient. Breakfast staff was friendly. Breakfast was extremely good (lots of veggies) and varied. Facilities were very clean. Room looked over a small green area/park. Very clean area of town with no tourist that I saw.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Pavilion Room

The staff at breakfast were rude and unhelpful. The room service bar menu was pretty extensive, but in reality they didn't have anything that we ordered.

Room was lovely, overlooking the park. Reception staff were extremely helpful.The bar and restaurant were really nice, but not on site. Close (5 mins walk) to Arabellapark, with restaurants and bars.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Building work starting at 6:45 downstairs, in offices under the hotel room, woke me up too early. Although the hotel apologised, there was no offer of recompense.

The location, for my business purpose, was okay and the room was warm and large.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

NO COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES IN ROOM. BED WAS TO LOW FOR MY LIKING. LIMITED ROOM SERVICE MENUE CHOICE.

FRIENDLY HELPFUL STAFF.CLENLINESS. GOOD SELECTION FOR BREAKFAST

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Excellent staff. Quiet location. Nearby underground for easy access to city center. City park behind the hotel, just beyond the hotel's beautiful garden area.

The wifi connection was very slow. I couldn't receive and work on my business emails. Very expensive (due to being just before Oktoberfest?)

Friendly and helpful staff, comfortable bed, good shower and fabulous breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The street noise in front of the location and the lack of air conditioning required opening the windows. Thus making it quite difficult to sleep past 6 AM.

It was probably the most exquisite European breakfast we have ever experienced. The selection was superb and the wait staff were excellent. A very good value and highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Breakfast was awesome and had a Bavarian touch to it. Staff was super helpful and extra ordinarily friendly. Convenient subway access to downtown Great little park right behind the hotel Highly recommended

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

No tea and coffee in rooms. No room service on last day. There were no restaurants close by where we could eat

Clean and good location. Great breakfast and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The offering in the rooms ex coffee / tea making facilities, also shampoo/ conditioner were lacking - even upon request and would be expected in a Hotel of this class and price.

The setting and location is very nice.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

The staff was very friendly and helpful. One of the staff actually went out in the rain and moved her car so we could park nearer the entrance to unload our belongings. We would especially single out Linda, who was outstanding and went out of her way to help us with our business needs and site-seeing. The rooms are large with balconies so you can spread out. It is quiet. Although the hotel is located on a busy street, not terribly far from the city center, most the rooms face a large lawn and garden area and beyond the lawn and a hedge is a green belt. Within the greenbelt are walking trails, athletic fields, and many gardens. There is also a two shopping areas and an underground station within easy walking distance.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Very good hotel and breakfest. Nice garden and quiet rooms. Air con would be also nice to have during summer but opening the balcony door also helps a lot.

Great breakfast, spacious room with balcony

The quality of the breakfast could be improved.

Room was very spacious and spotlessly clean.

its didn't have restaurant its big problem for international customers .

staff communication with customer

The breakfast is superior

Great location and Sports Center. The park is perfect also to run

• Pavilion Room

Excelente option in München, in a calm and beautiful place.

No kettle in the room

Lovely room and views great breakfast super grounds very helpful staff close to train station

the bathroom could be a bit cleaner

very nice quiet area and great breakfast

Very good breakfast. 5 minutes to the tube and 15 to the city centre

The wifi needs to improve

The room was clean with a nice view and they were all nice and helpful

NA

Excellent breakfast selection and quality!

One of the waitresses had an attitude problem. The rest was super nice.

Lovely place. Would definitely consider going there again

• Apartment

Rooms are too hot when the Munich weather is above 20, they provide a fan, but it is not enough

The garden is amazing for kids to play around

No AC in room, it was a bit warm in Munich.

Balcony, reception and breakfast

This is a terrific hotel in the Bogenhausen district - and nice value for money, even taking the 4 star rating into account.

As always, a very comfortable stay.

The hotel was nice but i found my sitcase open and i didn"t leave it like this.....

THE LOCATION.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Noisy rooms

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

a bit expensive,

friendly staff, cozy

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Excellent breakfast, possibility to use gym / sauna at tennis center close by. Free parking on the street in front.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

For the price they ask for, I would expect slippers and bathrobe.

Breakfast very good, room comfortable and without noise.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Apartment

No sauna ( it was not in the hotel)

The hotel was quiet

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

WiFi some time cut off

Every thing

Internet connection should be a bit better!

Bed was amazing! :D Loved the breakfast and the staff who were very kind.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

I didn't like the breakfast

Very nice place, clean wide rooms, good staff, bus station infront of the hotel

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Oldfashioned (red courtains, reception design and furniture), bed

Clean rooms, great breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Great location, in a quiet area and close to public transport. We always enjoy staying here.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

too expensive

staff & location

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

The bed - best sleep for years! Great breakfast and lovely staff.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

The room was to warm ,no AC in Sumer

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The garden and the breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

The staff at breakfast couldnt cope with the amount of people. Hotel not flexible in case of emergency.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

The friendly staff, the room, the very confortable bed, the breakfast, the view, the free wifi

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Booked big room, when reach the hotel they said we are fully booked with bog rooms. Provide small room, completely different than the one in photos in booking.com. Never stay in this hotel again

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Location is rather far from historical center (however there is a metro near). At the arrival I experienced the problem to park the car,as on the booking conditions it was said "free parking" that resulted to be free parking on the street (no place when I arrived late evening) and hotel's garage was supposed to be paid extra.

Rooms are very clean and large. Beds are comfortable. Very good breakfast. Hotel is very calm.

• Reviewed: 29 February 2016

The staff, they where not interested of us and one of us had too wait longe for an iron (they forgotten) about 30 minutes and the same for extra pillows

Small hotell without the feeling you get in "congress hotesl"

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

The Hotel Rogof Boganhausen is a lovely comfortable hotel that I would recommend to anyone staying in the Munich area. Unfortunately we were in a car accident during our stay but the staff on duty on that night, went out of there way to do everything they could to help us.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

the restaurant is in the other building, the food was ordinary, but huge portions :-) beer was good! the coffee was payable in the lobby (when we were waiting for the room to be ready)

the staff both in the hotel and in the restaurant was kind and helpful, the place was silent and peaceful, early check-in, squirrels in the garden, nice breakfast, metro and bus stops are nearby, the hair salon is just at the entrance to the hotel

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

The hotel's location is perfect for me. It is in a quiet neigborhood, not very crowded considering it is the Oktoberfest season. It is not in the central area but is very much accessible as there is a train station and bus stops nearby. Their breakfast is good as well.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

Not bad experience, it is ideal for this area of Munich, but is some 5-10 minutes walk to the U-Bahn. From there to the centre of Munich is only a few minutes.

A very good hotel.

There are also 37 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Rothof Bogenhausen traveller photo gallery