Reviews of Apartmenthaus Hohe Straße This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Hohe Strasse 41, Karlstadt, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany

#44 of 151 Holiday rentals in Düsseldorf

Central apartment with lovely comfy beds!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Small lift for luggage, really hard to find room 32 but lady switched us to a more convenient room.

Really centrally located, close walk to the shopping district. Room was spacious, nice natural amenities and clean. The bed was super large XL size and comfy! In the end 2 adults and 2 babies could fit in it easily!

The double room which according to the description should be...

The double room which according to the description should be 35qm was not even 25qm. The room contains only a bed, a table, a chair, a mini refrigerator and a closet (plus bathroom). The facilities listed in the description, e.g. microwave, kitchen, sofa etc. were not available at all. The staff said the description on Booking is only reference which cannot be guaranteed. It is quite a false advertisement. The worst experience ever.

Great place in the heart of DUS
    • Deluxe Single Room

Emails going into SPAM, they are on the one or other list... but since I do now know, I'll find their mails earlier

Everything was perfect, support tremendous. I'll come back for sure :)

Bed was really comfort.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The system to get in - the lock of the door was almost broken and in late evening nowbody answered to the phone to help. There is no staff in the hotel - you get only code and have to manage yoursef. The floor of bathroom (and all bathroom) is extremely cold. All room needs small renovating...

Bed was really comfort. The communication by e-mail were very friendly (they ask your credit card details by e-mail for payment !?!). But they are very open with payement via internet too.

No chance for second time.

Apartment was prepared for one person even reservation was made for two: means - one towel, one pillow, one coffee which was a big problem as it was coffee machine and you can't buy coffee capsule just in regular shop and it was no room service or anybody at any day any time. Just luck that we catch administrator who give to us bed-clothes otherwise we would sleep on one pillow and share one towel, but we didn't got a coffee.

Location is very good - that's why we have booked this place.

Lacking for the price you pay

WiFi and accuracy relating to image online versus what you get. Also- Bell service since many fellow occupanys and myself got locked out. For the rediculous price it should be more consistent.

Terrible WiFi- and de picked this place so my partner could work from home for nearly a month- which was impossible because of the WiFi. Photos on site are from the nicest rooms, not guaranteed you get one of these!

Location, clean good shower and warm
    • Deluxe Double Room

Map or directions to the town anf harbourside area in each apratment Apartment 23 was waiting for bathroom extract fan to be fitted

Location, clean good shower and warm

Spacious room, nicely decorated in soft colours.
    • Deluxe Single Room

No staff at checking (rooms are accessed with a passcode), but quite friendly staff in the morning.

Spacious room, nicely decorated in soft colours. Very quiet ! Best possible location, at the heart of the City but on a very quiet street.

Was OK but not overly impressed
    • Deluxe Single Room

My room wasn’t very clean when I arrived. Seemed it was rushed when cleaned and was missing a couple of items. (Eg Lack of towels - only 2 provided and 1 was dirty, bins not empty, 1 toilet paper roll for 1 week stay) No information provided about local shops (groceries, bakeries, etc) Book a “luxury” single room, but it was smaller than expected. The cost of the room didn’t match the facilities provided.

Easy access and very central. Free “breakfast” was offered but only the days when staff was present (only working weekdays)

New Year in Dusseldorf

mounted bracket on shower briken before we got there had to wedge in . Lights in stairwell didn't work on the way down .Not safe when we where on top floor. Weekend so no staff about can't understand that as I'm sure Dusseldorf is a long weekend destination.

Location .

Perfect apartment in the Alstadt!

Nothing at all

Thank you for the very pleasant stay at your wonderful apartment! Everything was great for us and our little daughter. Location is perfect for the Christmas market.

Great location but not an apartment

I was mis-sold as I was expecting an apartment but my room was no bigger than a standard hotel room plus the double bed only had 1 x single duvet and 1 x pillow even though I'd paid extra for a 'double' room. When I complained to management they said they couldn't move me until the next evening, very disappointing for the price that I paid.

The location was very good

The location.

The apartment was not equipped as stated in the description and in the leaflet that called it "home away from home" and $400 a night is simply an abbusive rate for a property where the reception desk personnel was seldom available, even during the stated service hours.

The location.

After figuring out the access system it was great.

Only thing I didn't like was the access code system for entering the building and room. At first it was a bit confusing. I observed other people having trouble figuring it out as well. Once figured out it's not bad. I had one instance where it took the codes and I still couldn't enter the building. Fortunately someone else entered the building and then my room code worked. The property was with me on the phone the whole time and was about to provide alternatives to my code for entry. I am glad I didn't have to wait for someone to come and let me in. Just things that happen once in a while when traveling so nothing against the property. An easier entry system that uses a card or fob type of entrance would be better for customers. For after hours people like me, make a code accessible lockbox with the card or fob in it. Just my opinion though.

Great location and service despite there is only daytime office hours. They are quick and responsive to answering email requests. Very spacious and functional room.

The shower door was broken.

The shower door was broken. The room didn't look the same as in the pictures but it was ok. But what was not acceptable was that the cleaner came into the room in the morning without knocking and checking if anyone is in and then didn't even appologize for it.

Very Good, prices could have been slight cheaper.
    • Deluxe Single Room

My only complaints were that there were no lifts, towels weren’t changed on a daily basis, and breakfast didn’t start from 8am onwards which wasn’t good for people who had earlier starts. My biggest problem was getting into the apartments using the number / keypads. This didn’t work sometimes and I ended up ringing a neighbour to let me in.

The apartment was very clean and located very close to the old town and Strabenbahn.

We were pleasantly surprised by the city. It has a nice atmosphere, lovely musea, good transport

There was only one comfortable chair in our double bedroom.

We were offered a nice breakfast. Location is fantastic, close to the Altstadt. Parking is in adjacent garage, which should be booked and payed for ahead. We complained about our shower, which was leaking, and we got an upgrade to a better room right away. Bicycles available, recommended! Friendly staff.

good location in city centre.

There was a problem with entrance code. The code we've got was wrong and therefore it didn't work. The reception's phone number didn't respond in the midnight. By happy accident we found another phone number on the alternative entrance door. It took us more than 30 minutes to enter the appartments (in the midnight!) Finally, there was no excuse from the manager for such incovenience.

good location in city centre. All equipment is new.

Comfortable with all necessary amenities, big closets and comfortable bed.

Wi-fi was very slow

Bright and spacious apartment, very clean and modern. The situation is great, quiet street but just a footstep from the shopping area and the Rhein. We loved our stay and we will book again when we visit Düsseldorf again!

Loved it!

Nothing. Just be careful with use of entry codes.

Loved it there and so close to the church where we were attending a wedding.as well as the river, old town and all of the shops. Would def go there again. Affordable....

If it hadn't been a beautiful sunny day - it would have been just a tiny bit depressing.

The minimal human generosity evident in the application of what I have to guess was a rather impoverished original conception of what people want out of a holiday apartment.

Apartmenthaus Hohe Strasse - is ok. I wouldn't say it was bad, but it does have a half-hearted just about good enough feeling about it. And the odd, not really good enough thing. Adequate, but expect nothing extra - and the odd annoyance; like a showerhead that insists it knows better than you where to stand in the bath. And a rather knackered cooker and coffee machine in the wardrobe kitchen. The bed was comfy - but nothing like blankets as opposed to a duvet around. Breakfast is small - and when we arrived on time but rather nearer the end of the breakfast slot than the beginning, there was nothing much left - and the chap, not quite serving, a bit annoyed at the bother of it all.

I would NOT recommend this hotel- apartment
    • Deluxe Double Room

Access was VERY difficult, with no host or reception on site This is an "apartment hotel"--- with a very difficult non- functional lockbox system We ran into 3 other guests upon our attempted entry, who had the same issues Once we were finally able to enter the property, we found the room similarly difficult to enter.

Great staying in the city center, helpful staff, always...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great staying in the city center, helpful staff, always ready to help. Very comfortable and clean room, kitchen with all cooking equipment. Next time we want to stay here again :)

Good well located apartment. Would stay again.

Room a little smaller than we expected and no living area / sofa as such ( but compensated by small balcony) Our apartment was on the top floor so lots of stairs up. May be a problem if you have lots of luggage. A bit mean only leaving two coffee capsules for a 3 day stay!

Quiet, well located, clean apartment in a nice neighbourhood close to the Aldstadt. Comfortable bed. Excellent wi-fi even though we were on the top floor. Lovely spacious bathroom with powerful shower. Friendly staff. Simple but good quality breakfast provided Mon- Friday. Able to leave bags in office until we left for our early evening flight. ( Think this facility would only be available Mon - Fri in office hours.)

Great place to stay

I liked it all.

Great location, cool building, everything was comfortable. I did not need the kitchen, but it looks to cover the basics. Staff were very pleasant. And its a great location on a quite street 5 minutes walk from the busy café, bar and restaurant area.

Location was amazing!

Our shower did not work correctly/ at all. Room could have been cleaner. we requested 2x single beds in our room when we booked. was not contacted by the host to let us know this was not an option. had to use a roll away bed for a week. not ideal when travelling for business.

large space
    • Deluxe Double Room

Even they cleaned a bathroom, there is some other's hair left. On the bed, there is some dust on the head rest area. I don't like a smell in the room even the building is a little bit old.

large space

The apartment cleaniless could have been better.

The apartment cleaniless could have been better. The online booking.com pictures are not giving out the real status of the room. It was not clear which room will we get.

Good Location in walking distance to the Old town and close...

Tarif during Trade fairs are high.

Good Location in walking distance to the Old town and close to the Market. Rooms were Spacious, Clean and Comfortable! Staff friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast was good and well laid out.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

No complains about the accomodation whatsoever.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I would have preferred to receive the Login Details for the door key a bit earlier. As I was travelling I missed the E-Mail that was sent to me and as I had no Internet Connection whilst in Transit I arrived at a locked up apartment. It took a long time to get hold of someone on the phone and I left several Messages on the answer machine. However as soon as they returned my call, everything was sorted quickly.

No complains about the accomodation whatsoever. Absolutly great place to stay and I will book there again in the future. I did not take advantage of the free breakfast that was offered as I felt comfortable enough to see to myself in the appartment. The kitchen area was well equipped.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

The room is very confortable.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The room is very confortable. It is a small home where everything is included. It's like to stay at your home. Position is really good . In 5 minutes you'll stay in the center.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Nice location but not great value
    • Deluxe Single Room

Complicated to get to the room (2 different stairs, long walking alleys, one passing from one to another building), leaking shower head, quite basic room.

Conveniently located, nice area of the city

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Comfy place great location noisy floors and stairs.

Noise from other rooms and stair well. Particularly some flat footed idiot marching the floor boards in unit above 3 nights in a row till past midnight.

Comfy bed. Great lovation.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

It was too bad
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom, the kitchen, the lighting, the bed plus a lot of noises at night and early morning with construction. Very tricky to find your apartment, internet too weak.

I like the location only

Great location in Dusseldorf

Shower had no curtain or door, so the water floods the bathroom. Shower head was also broken.

Great location. If you get an apartment there is a good amount of space. Comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Location, clean, quiet considering so close to the old town.

apartments on upper levels would not be suitable for elderly travellers as there is no lift facility.

Location, clean, quiet considering so close to the old town.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Would be nice to have a housekeeping service for stays longer than a single night.

Great location. Modern apartments with a kitchen, ample space and well conditioned.

Top location and local feel.

Property was a bit dated as compared to what it appeared in pictures. Some had ACs while some didn't. And the bed was a bit small.

Perfect location. Nestled between Old city and KO. Lots of small shops, bakeries all around and fruit market stones throw away, giving you a local feel. Big room of course. Staff was very courteous and polite.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

- Although I forgot to mention that I was gonna be late for...

- I arrived on a friday afternoon, and left on saturday. So I didn't have a chance to meet the staff. It would have been nicer, if there was someone available on weekends even for a few hours. - Because we arrived late, we didn't have a chance to collect a key; so it was a bit annoying getting through every door by entering a code. - It would have been nice, if there was an information booklet about the place, rooms, and the city.

- Although I forgot to mention that I was gonna be late for the check-in, they sent me the access codes for the room beforehand. - great location - cozy room, felt like home.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Waterballet in a great place

The shower didn't have a curtain: large quantities of water dripped on the floor and spread itself through the apartment.

The beds were very comfortable. The location of this place is great, you just walk into the wonderful old town along the Rhine river.

We were very pleased to choose the apartment.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were very pleased to choose the apartment. City centre but quiet, friendly staffs and comfortable bed. Definitely we come back!

Perfect Dusseldorf
    • Deluxe Double Room

Wifi needs to be improved

Perfect place to visit Dusseldorf

We will stay there again and can thoroughly recommend it

Wifi was disappointing, not very reliable and quite a weak signal

Excellent location and super to have a parking facility.

Staff very helpful when I left my mobile behind and they sent it to the airport by taxi

No lift

Nice place to stay in Duss

Didn't change towels

Big and clean room. Very nice and helpful manager!

Wifi did not work(

Wifi did not work(

Location and helpfulness of staff.

Location and helpfulness of staff.

Great location in the old town, quiet and remote.

Very friendly and accomodating!

Great location and very helpful staff

4 flights of stairs lugging 2 heavy suitcases

Great location and very helpful staff

Comfortable bed, lots of space and good facilities.

Comfortable bed, lots of space and good facilities. Great location on the edge of the old town.

It was very excellent choice to stay in deseldorf
    • Deluxe Single Room

No more Arabic TV channels!!!

Feeling like your home 😍👌🏻

Excellent choice

4th floor without elevator

Spacious and clean

Would definitely go again!

It took a long time for the shower to get really hot

Very nice interior design

Well located but it felt like everything had been cut to the bare minimal.

Lack of information in the room. Lack of toiletries. Very minimal comfort ie extra pillows or rugs. No dishcloth or tea towel.

Convenient location.

Clean, quite, location is city centre, parking

Clean, quite, location is city centre, parking

Good location.

The code was emailed after we had set off to Düsseldorf. It was a nightmare to get in. The code should be emailed the day before

Perfect location, spacious, clean, own parking, beds quite soft

The beds are a bit soft, so we had to take away the cold-foam cover mattress. Then is was fine.

Lovely spacious apartments in great location, have...

Lovely spacious apartments in great location, have everything you need for a short stay

The Location ist perfect.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The Location ist perfect.

Good value for money!

It was clean, friendly staff. Early check possible because availability!

Cosy and unique place.

Could be cheaper...

The responsible gentleman always keeps in touch with me. Answers my questions very kindly.

Bed is comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Walkway inside the apartment, there are several sections are very dark, do not feel used to it.

Bed is comfortable.

I loved it

They needed more chairs in the breakfast area.

The big rooms

Perfect, just perfect!

Perfect location, clean, comfortable bed, quite and friendly team

Great location;
    • Deluxe Double Room

limited kitchen space; the addition of one more surface - or a bowl and sink cover would be great

Great location; staff very helpful

Facility, cleanliness, staff, location, breakfast

Bed

Facility, cleanliness, staff, location, breakfast

Gret location highly recommended

reception not always manned, tv didn't work

great service when needed, location was excellent, good size room, very comfortable beds

Totally it's good

Wifi connection is very poor Cleaning one time in 10 days

Location is fantastic,

Great place to stay. Lively, friendly city with lots to see and do.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Parking over the weekend was expensive.

Beautiful, clean apartment.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Perfect location

The shampoo box in the bathroom was empty

Perfect location

Best place to stay for Dusseldorf - close to altstadt and Ko but located in much nicer area
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lovely small appartment in nice building in once again lovely street

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

A fantastic stay place for families.
    • Deluxe Double Room

A very nice and beautiful apartment.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Home away from home
    • Deluxe Single Room

Door locks; a simple card system when you get past the front security would be good.

Location was great. Ideal for the business traveler.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Location, apartment

not cleaning every day..

Location, apartment

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Location was amazing!

WiFi didn't work the first day Kitchen facilities where a bit poor

Location was amazing! The room was really nice

Browse Apartmenthaus Hohe Straße traveller photo gallery