Reviews of Hotel Schönsitz This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Schönsitzstraße 1, 53639 Königswinter, Germany

#12 of 21 hotels in Königswinter

If you don't have a place to sleep - well... but if you have another choice - just take it!

The check-out is at 10-30. At 10-25 the lady opened my room with her own key and just dropped by my room without even preventing. Honestly I was getting my clothes - and that was so terrible. If she said something I would have some time to put on my jeans or something. Well anyway I still had my 5 minutes, she still could warn that she was coming. The room was on the ground floor, a cold one. And it was a strange smell in the room. One towel was dirty, but i had another one, so I didn't complain about it. in the morning I asked personnel not to clean my room (I have only one clean towel there - didn't want to take a chance to get another dirty one instead). I asked because there was no sign "do not disturb". The lady said ok! I went to the city and when i came back - I found out that they "cleaned" my room, well cleaning means they took away the clean towel that i left on the hook in the bathroom - and that's it. Well that is something I can't understand, in European hotels if you want to use the towel again - you leave it on the hook as I did, if you want to change it then you throw it on the floor. Another funny thing- towel for feet in the bathroom that was left on the floor, they did't change either, just fold it (with all the dirty from the floor and put it in the bath), nice surprise when I started to unfold it (sarcasm). At first when I just checked in I though that it is quit nice hotel in very old style but cozy, After nights there I completely changed my mind. The ground floor room was so noisy because of constant rattling with dishes in the kitchen, that was in few meters from the room. the pilow was so jelly and flat. The sink in the bathroom was stucked. You open the crane and the water starts to fill in the sink. At some point you have to close the crane to avoid flooding. Oh and there is no water in the room or water-cooler or kettler. No shampoo or shower gel. Just one peace of soap.

Friendly owner of the hotel. Nice appearance of the building. Comfortable mattresses. And I guess that is all.

Very friendly & welcoming staff, ideal breakfast,...

The shower was quite difficult to get out of & we're slight build.

Very friendly & welcoming staff, ideal breakfast, lockable storage for bikes

The Manager Thomas and his partner are excellent hosts!

The Manager Thomas and his partner are excellent hosts!

Very pleasant and comfortable.

Very pleasant room, very helpful host who was happy to fill our flasks in the morning and spoke English. excellent breakfast, nicely served

Nice place if you want to roam around near Rhine.

Nice place if you want to roam around near Rhine. Staff is really nice and helpful. Good location and facilities. Will book this place again.

Quiet location

Quiet location away from town centre. Still had restaurant nearby. Nice breakfast. Supermarket nearby. Good bike storage.

Enjoyed our stay.

Helpful staff when we arrived. Bicyclw friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

A very easy hotel to find while on the Rhine Cycleway.

A very easy hotel to find while on the Rhine Cycleway. Enough facilities to suit the simple needs required. Staff were very helpful and the place was very quiet.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

Breakfast was very good.

Breakfast was very good. Pet friendly I could bring my dog to breakfast with me. Not too many people which is good and location is right on the Rhine river for a great price. Might come back again.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2015

Schönes großes Zimmer, gutes Bett.

Schönes großes Zimmer, gutes Bett. Frühstück war nicht weltbewegend, aber es gab alles was man brauchte, Kaffee, Tee, Müsli (etw. eingeschränkt), div. Brötchen, gek. Ei für sensationelle 5 Euro.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

excellent staff and lovely dog in the hotel.

excellent staff and lovely dog in the hotel. it provides you a really touch to Germany village

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Good breakfast

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

Excelent attention from personnel.

None.

Excelent attention from personnel. The manager agreed to stay up late until I could arrive to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

- General good impression

- Nothing I can remember

- General good impression - Bike friendly, in the garden they had a place

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Nice riverside walks and good restaurants nearby.

Nice riverside walks and good restaurants nearby. Private parking and easy public transport links to Bonn.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2015

The bed

The bed Shower Good Wi-Fi Nice staff Clean bedroom and bathroom

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.