Reviews of Hotel Seegarten This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Seepromenade 7, 88662 Überlingen, Germany

#5 of 16 hotels in Überlingen

9.8

Loved the location very central to my needs and such a...
    • Double Room with view on the lake

I was surprised not to have tea/coffee facility in my room for late at night/early morn drink. This would have made me much more at home in my room. The other sadness was that the evening food area served outside was not part of the hotel facility therefore not able to be charged to my room and paid for at the end of the week .Although the food was good the service was not, in fact one waiter was exceptionally rude to me and my sister made us feel a real nuisance! I would like to think that in the future it becomes a part of the hotel again with their own staff who were super.We did tell Fiona of our dismay and feel sure she will inform the necessary people.

Loved the location very central to my needs and such a vibrant feeling all around Local people so lovely. Fiona the manager/ receptionist was especially kind to me she has a wonderful manner to her customers. My view from the room was so lovely I felt quite at home there.

Good hotel spoilt by or restaurant service on occasion
    • Double Room with Balcony and Garden View

Contrary to our previous stay at Seegartenwhen we very much enjoyed regional food and excellent, we found that the restaurant was now under separate management to the Hotel and we therefore had to pay each time we ordered rather than settling our bill on departure. Also we could not book an outside table which I would expect to be able to do as a resident at the Hotel. The restaurant staff did not speak very good English and, in some cases, rather poor German. Alex (who is Romanian) however made up for this by his willing and cheerful service. We found some other staff to be rather surly and one occasion rather rude. We found eating at the Hotel stressful and therefore did so only on two occasions. This was rather disappointing as the food we did have was excellent.

The Maanger, Fiona, was exceptionally helpful. She helped with translating the menu and unlocking our safe!

Lovely lakeside ambience
    • Double Room with view on the lake

Tricky to find by car, you have to pass through a taxi rank and into the pedestrianised sea front ,parking in multi-story nearby at extra charge. All quite minor isues, not really negatives

Lovely waterfront setting nice town with several nearby bars and restaurants. Friendly helpful staff.

Comfortable short stay

-A bit dated, needs some maintanence

-The polite and easy going staff -Location along the promenade, next to the port -Parking available not far from the hotel on charge

Very comfy beds.
    • Double Room with Street View

Very comfy beds. We were given a free upgrade to a room with a lake view on arrival which was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

very nice hotel, clean, very friendly staff!

Breakfast being offered is quite simple, sitting outside not possible unfortunately. We chose a small café a two minute walk away instead.

very nice hotel, clean, very friendly staff! Excellent location directly on the lake, many cafès and restaurants are only seconds along the promenade away. Parking is located a 5 Minute walk away but safe and in a quiet, private parking lot.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2015

Great location, great breakfast

Style Needs to be renovated 20 years nothing done Outdoor dining old fashioned, all the neighbours are fully occupied, these premises are nearly empty - not up to date

Great location, great breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

VIEW / Location / bike rent / breakfast

WIFI dint work in the room.

VIEW / Location / bike rent / breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

big room, incredible view,

tv wasn't working, pillow was extremely uncomfortable

big room, incredible view,

location and staff

Breakfast too limited

location and staff

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

Great location, free bike hire, comfortable room.

Great location, free bike hire, comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2015

Location, friendly staff

Lack of airconditioner

Location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 10 May 2015

The staff was exelent!

The staff was exelent! Very helpful and serviceminded.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

beautiful location

wifi problems

beautiful location

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.