Reviews of Ringhotel Seehof This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Lietzenseeufer 11, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 14057 Berlin, Germany

#270 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Very Nice!
    • Family Room with Lake View

The parking and not having room to park in the parking garage.

We were at this hotel for the Beyoncé and Jay Z concert. The breakfast food was delicious the staff that maintains the eating area were well dressed and professional. I loved how the two rooms we had were separated by a door but we could still be together. The room was clean we had a beautiful view from our balcony. Great! Price for a room in Berlin.

A place to stay in Berlin
    • Standard Single Room

Very nice and classic hotel. Great view to the small lake and park. Just in walking distance to Berlin Messe and S-Bahn. Hotel staff is very helpfull and welcoming.

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
    • Standard Single Room

Room might have been spruced up a bit but it didn't bother me

Coolest location in West Berlin! The lake surrounded by park and vintage buildings is an oasis. It's amazing that it's a few blocks from the trade show buildings and major rail station. A nice old world feeling about the place.

Veni, Vidi, Happy!
    • Standard Single Room

Better quality of the cosmetic products in the bathroom

The hotel is located near a lake. If your room is on the lake side you get bonus the superb view. Very nice restaurant decorated in (I would say) a modern baroque style. Very tasty breakfast. Excellent positioned for events at Berlin Messe.

A lovely gem!
    • Standard Twin Room

Choice with breakfast if you are not on an inclusive rate.

The staff were superb. The breakfast was a little expensive as there wasn't a choice of continental or full. Otherwise, all was a very pleasant experience. Location was great with the lake in front and the ability to sit on the terrace to drink/eat, wonderful!

Good for Messe/congress center attendees and older guests but could use some updates
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

The room was pretty small. At this price, I would expect at least a coffee maker. The breakfast was ok but not up to par with who/what they want to be.

The location is great and staff is very friendly.

Wonderful and comfortable room for honeymooning.
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

I would suggest skipping over the breakfast (14 Euros/person was way too high, and there were several cafes down the street that had tasty, cheaper options).

The bed was quite comfortable, and we had a gorgeous view of the lake with the park nearby. The staff was very friendly.

Wonderful stay
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Several of reception staff not overly friendly or helpful

Wonderful hotel overlooking lake and parkland very quiet great bed after long flight. Restaurant excellent with also dining on garden/terrance area overlooking lakes

Lovely comfortable hotel.
    • Standard Single Room

Internet wireless service is very, very slow and not of the standard expected of a hotel of this rating and cost.

Lovely comfortable hotel. Showing some wear and tear in places , but lovely atmosphere.

Silent room facing to the lake
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Room too small for two people (at this price level) In total a bit outdated impression Parking situation: We were lucky to get the last parking space in the underground, not possible to pre-book parking, but hardly possible in the area around the hotel

Silent room facing to the lake Room interior/style

Nice hotel, people and surroundings
    • Family Room with Lake View

Great location - almost central in Berlin and the rooms have a lake view! Although the rooms are not very big, they are comfortable enough. Our family room consisted of 2 rooms connected by internal doors so that kids had a separate room which was great for them and at the same time we had it easily under control. The location of the hotel is perfect - within a few minutes' drive from the city center and a few minutes' as well from the motorway. The lake is beautiful and there is a nice kids' playground on the other side. The staff are very helpful. Swimming pool - nice and quiet, just be aware it does not have any kids-play area so you will need to supervise your children at all times. I would definitely recommend it for anyone who stops overnight in this beautiful part of Berlin.

A good hotel in a nice location accessible to the centre of the city.
    • Family Room with Lake View

We booked here because of the swimming pool... we could see the city and the kids could still use the pool. However, the pool is unavailable for large chunks of every day due to aqua classes, so it meant that most days we couldn't use it, or could only use it early in the morning.

Excellent facilities, staff and a good location.

The stay was made very good as we met up with family,also staying there.
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Swimming pool,one of the reasons we booked this hotel,had Aqua classes on most of the day,especially when the children wanted to go in.

Breakfast was quite good although service was poor.Bedrooms were nice but bathroom a bit antiquated.Evening meal was very nice,in a pretty restaurant,with a good choice.

Awful! Didnt even stay the second night.
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Smelled like beer puke. Awfully small room. Spider webs in the ceiling. Bed sheet didnt feel clean at all. Asked to cancel the second night there was no refund. Chose another hotel in the center that was cheaper and so much better.

A beautiful and full of charm hotel but you have to bring your own soap...
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

they HAVE to be much more generous with amenities, to have a TV system working (there were only german channels) and to have a more flexible staff: I had booked for a double room with a single occupancy, and got a room with 2 ridicule small beds. Nothing could make the guy at the reception understand and fulfill my request: my reservation was through booking.com and it could not be changed!!

the location near the lake, the beauty of the hotel, the excellent food, the friendliness of the staff: it felt cosy, warm and classy. it was quite close to Berlin messe and it was easy and fast to get a taxi. Plus it was only 20 euros to the airport. Perfect choice!

Expensive for the price paid
    • Standard Single Room

I was given a very small room and I refused to be there later they gave me a single queen bed room and it was ok I threatened to leave the hotel. There was no soap bars or amenities

Ok in general

Restaurant had good staff and food was ok.
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

This was not a 4 star hotell. 3 stars at most. Rooms were extremely small. No shampoo in the standard rooms, with one shower towel that was small and wornout. Ventilation was very bad. Smoke from smokers floor on the 6th floor, irritated even in the rooms on the 5th floor. Warm water was not available all the time and the shower button was broken, and not fixed upon request. The bed was hard.

Restaurant had good staff and food was ok. Clean.

Beautiful scenery, great service and nice places to walk around.
    • Standard Single Room

It was not very close to the stations, but the view compensated for that.

The place had a beautiful view, the food was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Good hotel in a very beautiful area.
    • Comfort Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

I was actually going to stay at Louisa's Place at first but ended up booking a room with balcony and lake view in this hotel specifically because of the "lake view" advertised. But I was disappointed in the view. The lake is there all right but the foreground is a bar, a big roof and an indoors swimming pool. If you want a proper lake view then you will need to book a room on the 4th floor or higher. But those rooms don't have a balcony and are not so nicely decorated as the rooms with balcony, according to my lady's opinion. All rooms with balcony are on the second floor I saw a couple of rooms on the seventh floor. They had a very beautiful lake view and were quite cosy but my lady didn't like the decoration so we stayed on the room with balcony. That's fine. The ad is not misleading. You do have a lake view (see photos). It is just that on the floor where I stayed you also have a roof view. But what I really didn't like was the unfriendly reception I had when we arrived in the hotel after a ten hours train journey (my lady is scared of flying...). The young woman at the reception didn't ask how was our journey, for example. She just asked for an upfront payment straight away!!! I was rather surprised as this is the kind of thing one experiences only at hostels or cheap hotels. I stayed in Vienna, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam and Brughes (four or five times...) in the past years and was never asked to pay in advance. It's fine. I paid cash and that expense was out of the way. But I wish I had known about it in advance. Nowhere on the site customers are informed about this upfront payment.

What I liked best was the location. The hotel is situated in front of a lake and tucked away from the rushy urban life but at the same time at a walking distance (about 15 minutes) from a main shopping road (Kurfürstendamm). I got taxis most of the time but taxis in Berlin are about half the price of taxis in London where I live and Berliner drivers are in general more friendly than black cab drivers. We stayed in a double comfort room with lake view and balcony. Bathroom was very clean. Shower worked just fine. No toiletries though. Bring your own stuff. Room was small but beautifully decorated and very clean. Please note that all rooms with balcony are on the second floor and, as they face a bar and a swimming pool, they might be noisy during summertime. I was there in mid september and it was very quiet, very nice. Breakfast is nothing especial but it's good. Hot food such as bacon and eggs. It has a reasonably good variety of food. Hotel has a nice restaurant. Good food and excellent service but poor choice of beers. They really should have a better variety of beers. After all, you are in Germany! There is also a small and cosy bar. You will find, very near the hotel, a cafe/restaurant called "Bootshaus Stella am Lietzensee" . There you can eat a late breakfast (they open at 10 am) or lunch on an open deck with a fantastic view of the Lietzen lake. The Bootshaus is closed on december and january. I took a photo from my table at the restaurant where I had a late breakfast. I could actually touch the water if I wanted. Photos: 1 just outside the hotel (bicycles) 2 view from room with balcony view 3 Bootshaus cafe/restaurant near the hotel (the house from the distance) 4 view from the lake taken where I had breakfast 5 photo of the Brandenburg gate where you can get a horse and carriage sightseeing tour. 6 Tiergarten park. Fantastic place for a long walk. I liked it better than London's parks.

That was a pretty nice day.
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

The hotel was marked as a hotel with a parking lot and I wanted to have it. Unfortunately the parking was full and I had to look for a parking at the street. While driving to the hotel I was sure a free parking is waitng for me. In fact I found out a free slot pretty easy but that was not a comfortable situation for me.

Breakfast was OK. I got a suit for a price of a standard double room as all rooms were booked. That was a very good surprise. The reception service was very professional and very kind.

- The breakfast was very good, the atmosphere very relaxed...
    • Comfort Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

- The Spa is ages old, it definitely should be renewed. - The Bar has been made for folks in the 50+ category. Not very appealing to younger people. - The receptionists didn't see that we paid already and asked us to pay the whole amount again. Sure, humans are not perfect and mistakes happen. But then, our score for this hotel decreases. If we did not concentrate, we would've either paid and didn't notice it at all or - at least - would have more work later in terms of getting the money back

- The breakfast was very good, the atmosphere very relaxed and smooth.

All in all I am happy enough and would return.
    • Standard Single Room

Pool not functional- old'ish room. Ugly-roof view.

Friendly, helpful staff. The 'lake view upgrade' was appreciated but wasn't really a lake view- more of a roof view with a side-glimpse of the lake. Pool was out of order when I arrived, and this was an important consideration as I was looking forward to a nice swim after a long day at the fair. On windy days, you could really hear the wind through the air-conditioning vents, but otherwise quiet enough. Hotel needs to be refreshed, but it was OK for 4 days at the fair. Generally happy with the hotel.

Comfortable and enjoyable
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Didnt understand why room was going to be cleaned for me the morning Thai I was checking out

Very comfortable hotel, with very pleasant, friendly and helpful staff. Very easy to get to and from the hotel.

Great service, atmosphere, location and view
    • Family Room with Lake View

We had partly chosen the hotel because of the pool (traveling with two younger kids) unfortunately the pool was closed most mornings and afternoons because of training.

Very nice place with great view (rarely in Berlin). We had dinner at the outdoor terrace. The atmosphere and setting was very peaceful and the food was good. Great place and very close to public transportation. The staff at the reception was very helpful, smiling and made us feel very welcome.

Would have got a very high rating otherwise
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

The room was very uncomfortable due to no A/C but that was partly my fault as I should have requested a room with a/c. How was I to know though, that it was only if requested? Hence, A very uncomfortable night!

The 2 receptionist (both females) we saw were the most helpful I have ever come across in any hotel I have stayed at. That's a big statement by me as I travel many times a year.

Excellent retro European hotel
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Slightly far from Zentrum but easily accessible by transportation. Relatively close to conference facilities (25 min walk)

Very nice staff. Good pool and sauna facilities. Retro European style hotel for that old school European experience. Excellent park facilities nearby for relaxing in or strolling through. Great patio by the little lake. Nice views from hotel room. Quiet peaceful atmosphere. Cute coffee/drink places and restaurants close by. Not in tourist area.

• Standard Twin Room

Unable to use pool due to aqua classes. It does state this on the website however timings is not something I would check as a guest it should be available at all times. Not just between 1300 & 1600 when really that's when you are out exploring Berlin attractions.

Immaculate hotel. Big spacious room, felt like home. Friendly staff. Short walk to station. Quick wifi.

Quiet and calm
    • Family Room with Lake View

Located in a quiet location on a small lake. A haven away from the tourist areas. Lovely terrace overlooking lake where we enjoyed afternoon tea. All areas of the hotel have a calm atmosphere and the staff are polite and helpful. The family suite has separate bathrooms.

Hospitality at check in and cleanness of the hotel if the...
    • Comfort Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Hospitality at check in and cleanness of the hotel if the first positive impression you get. The size of both bedroom and bathroom just sufficient for 2 peoples while both rooms are very comfortable and well organized with all required accessories. Very nice terrace with lake’s view.

Lovely view over lake, good restaurant, but a little tatty in spots
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

This hotel was probably built/last refurbished in the 1980s. It's looking a little dated and worn out. Only two small elevators - and one was out of order the whole time I was there, meaning there was always a really long wait for it to come. Pillows were synthetic, and had gone lumpy after being washed. Mattress was not great. Room quite compact.

Beautiful view from back facing windows out over a lake. Pity the weather wasn't better - it would have been lovely to have means on the terrace overlooking the lake. Restaurant was good.

A nice hotel in a quiet part of the city
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

No toiletries or extra towels provided in bathroom- would associate this with any decent 4 star. Beds were comfortable and clean but fairly basic, some tea and coffee making facilities in the room would have been nice...

A really great breakfast set us up for the day though at 14 euros it was a little pricey I thought.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Lake house
    • Standard Single Room

Shower curtain was uncomfortable, there should be a shower cabin in such a nice room)

View of the lake, comfortable bed, the kindest staff ever, rug on the floor, 2 min walking from S Bahn

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great location for Messe and visiting Berlin.
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Old carpets on the floors. Smell of cigarettes.

Great location for Messe and visiting Berlin. Very nice people at the reception desk. Convenient garage. Great view from the room ( lakeside)

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Nice hotel with old technology
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Internet connectivity in the room was awful for both my devices (Android and Linux): Very slow, unstable, and disconnecting about once per hour. Business room has no printer and the only way to print a page is to email it to the reception (multiple tries, because of the poor Internet!) and then pick up the print at the reception. Very limited TV channels and TV picture quality was grainy like the 1960's.

Clean, nice view of the lake.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The bed and cleanliness
    • Comfort Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Include the goodies and soft drinks and water on the hotel fees I had a very good stay but sometimes I was so thirsty.

The bed and cleanliness

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Enjoyed our stay here
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

We don't like shower curtains and didn't like this one! Some TLC is needed to refresh the decor but overall it gives a good impression

Swimming pool was beautiful and quiet. Restaurant was excellent, if a little pricey. Bathroom was small but we liked the marble finish. The shower itself was good.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

A once-splendid hotel now in need of a makeover
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

The balcony of the room below was used by smokers - the smell pervaded my room and their late-night loud conversation disturbed me at midnight and 2am. The smokers went back inside when I remonstrated with them. Also, the bath fill didn't work - I was obliged to use the shower to fill the tub. The overall feel of the hotel was of faded glory. Its facilities would have been modern 25 years ago, but now were outdated and showing signs of wear. Surfaces in the lift were very scratched and graffiti'd

The location is brilliant and attractive - central and near the Lietzensee lake. Lake view room was pleasant and reasonably spacious and the Booking.com deal made it very good value.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Danke von Schottland
    • Family Room with Lake View

Charlottenberg is a very quiet area and we felt very safe whilst there. Slightly further from city centre than originally thought although nearest S Bahn only a 10 min walk.. Also further from Schonenfeld Airport to travel but easily got to by taxi or train which ever you feel like trying.

We couldn't fault the hotel in anyway, accommodation and facilities was excellent. The staff were very friendly and provided a good service from reception to waitresses at breakfast. We would have scored higher but as we really only slept and ate in the hotel at breakfast as the rest of the time we were out sight seeing.

Needs a total refurbishment
    • Standard Twin Room

The ac on our floor was not working, the curtains had no block out so light and sun made the room an oven....at 27/28 degrees outside.. the single bad is good for a small child and i had the curtains on my face while in bed. the decor is over 20 years old...

We went for the IFA fair and its very close,yet its in a nice area near a lake

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Faded charm.
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Some of the staff were a bit grumpy! (Some, the Cuban waiter in particular, were lovely and really friendly). Rooms smelt a bit smokey at times. Not that clean under the bed!

Faded charm. Lovely location if you are staying in Charlottenburg (which is a lovely, peaceful district of Berlin with great restaurants - would recommend). Lovely terrace overlooking the lake.

friendly staff, clean comfortable room and picturesque...
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

friendly staff, clean comfortable room and picturesque location

Great location, really helpful staff.
    • Comfort Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Great location, really helpful staff.

tea/coffee maker in the room would be helpful

tea/coffee maker in the room would be helpful

We truly enjoyed our stay but were only there for one day as we were waiting to catch plane to USA.
    • Suite with Lake View

Not very close to little cafes.

The front staff was very friendly. Room spacious and comfortable.

Great service at reception and reservation manager

Great service by front of desk and Frau Crull

Great location and surroundings
    • Standard Single Room

The smallness of the bathroom

The location and the ambiance next to the lake.

Really not a typical berlin tourist hotel but feels more like home and a hidden gem in the city
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

They are really friendly and really pet welcome The breakfast was so lovely

The staff was extraordinarily accommodating and pleasant.
    • Family Room with Lake View

The staff was extraordinarily accommodating and pleasant.

Awesome location!

Nothing...it was great.

Awesome location! Staff was professional.

Friendly and helpfull staff, good restaurant
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Squeaky bed, small room, aircon smelled very bad, hence no decent heating

Friendly and helpfull staff, good restaurant

Very small room

Nice staff

Very enjoyable!!!
    • Standard Twin Room

Didn't like the bar stunk of smoke and dull

Food was good services excellent staff extremley helpful

Very pleasant hotel with their staff a standout.
    • Standard Single Room

Expensive mini-bar (does anyone use it?)

Very helpful staff. Lovely room but could have done with air-con not just a fan.

A good bus and train ride away from the centre. Situated in a nice neighborhood
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Not as close the the center as I thought. My mistake

Style, interior design

would recommend it to anybody going to berlin
    • Standard Single Room

the staff were excellent, very helpful

great weekend in Berlin

nice clean, pool, lake

Ok

Tiny room

Great stay in Berlin
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Very comfortable room with mini fridge and a nice view. Access to pool and sauna.

Very clean

No A/C

Very clean

hotel for value and friendly hotel staffs
    • Standard Single Room

No iron or ironing board. Blankets are so narrow that it barely covers you.

hotel for value and friendly hotel staffs

very easy and friendly staff

very easy and friendly staff

It's nice to have the lake, comfy, good friendly service
    • Standard Single Room

The picture in my room, looks like a dead person

It's nice to have the lake, comfy, good friendly service

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

The swimming pool was not all the time available.
    • Standard Single Room

The swimming pool was not all the time available. The shower water sometimes was not hot

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Close to the Messe Berlin.
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Close to the Messe Berlin. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Good hotel and location for ITB

it looks a bit old

Hotel's location for ITB is perfect and surrounded by very nice restaurants.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

nice view with a lake, nice staff, nice food

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

High Quality Good Value Traditional Hotel

The bar allows smoking. :-(

Super friendly and organised staff, a real pleasure.

Fantastic scenery and good quality of service.
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Fantastic scenery and good quality of service. Nice restaurant and welcoming staff.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Easy to get there from Airport, 5 minutes from Messe Berlin
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

Breakfast was under my expectation

Easy to get there from Airport, 5 minutes from Messe Berlin

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

nice staff at the restaurant

reception was very unhelpful. not really standard a 4 star hotel

nice staff at the restaurant

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

The view of the lake was great
    • Standard Double Room with Lake View

The hotel has seen much better days and is now rather shabby.

The view of the lake was great