Reviews of Hotel Seerose This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Auf der Mauer 3, 88131 Lindau, Germany

#42 of 42 hotels in Lindau

5.9

5.9

6.1

Asked for a room with a view and away from other customer 'noise' ..... stuffed in a room on the ground floor, at the back, next to reception and breakfast room!!!! Room had newish furniture, old decoration, old creaking laminate flooring, old small shower room, old smell .... all needed better maintenance.

The location was great, many restaurants to choose from. We were able to park our motorcycle in front of the hotel. Breakfast had good choice.

Parking (free) was down the street, although you can drop your bags off first, then park your car. Not a terrible problem, just be aware. Pillows need some fluff.

Hotel is just over the bridge, right inside the old town wall, and within easy walking distance to harbor and most Lindau sights. Breakfast was superb, with lots of choices. Bed comfy (pillows not) and pretty quiet. Room size decent for two. Grocery store right around corner. Staff nice & helpful. Some credit cards are not accepted, so have some cash ready, just in case. Overall a great value for the location and would stay again.

• Apartment Holdereggenstraße 8 (2 - 6 Adults)

The hotel was presented like on Lindau island but once arrived at the hotel the staff informed us that the room we reserved was not on the island but located at few kilometers far from it. The staff didn't looked professional enough They didn't accepted any credit card. We felt oppressed and stressed regarding check in and check out times we had to give precise schedule of our plans. ( We were supposed to give the keys back at 10h30 and the staff was in front of the door at 10h15 ) It was more like an air BnB The flat was not as clean as expected from a hotel

the included parking slot it was a big flat with a balcony

Owner was extremely friendly and helpful...offered a free beer upon arrival! That’s a first for me and enough to rate the place very highly!! Breakfast was fine, room fine...everything good.

Parking wasn’t even on the island. Room smelled of sewage. Floor had dust bunnies. No welcome drink as described. Allowed other guests to smoke in breakfast room. Breakfast was likely sitting there from the day before.

Leaving

Everything was just fine.

We liked its location : close to the town and the lake. We liked our spacious room and we loved the home made jam. Odd question: how did we like the eggs ??? We never had one .

• Quadruple Room

Linen, especially towels needs to be replaced, pillows lumpy and beds hard. Breakfast could use some more variety. Plenty of cheese and ham variety but no other options except bread and jam for vegetarians and vegans!

Friendly, helpful staff. Great location, beautiful surroundings. Family room has 2 rooms with adjoining door which is great.

I should have read the property reviews before booking. As others have said, staff were rude and unhelpful, when I asked for help in regards to calling a relative in country, I was waved away with 'go away, I have work to do, I'm too busy'. The room was TINY for 2 people. And the toiletries they said they supplied was only liquid hand soap and toilet paper. The towels were very small, and felt so thin they were about 100 years old. Also, we were told that the card machine was broken so we would have to pay cash. Funny, when I did look at other reviews, it seems the card machine has been broken for a very long time.

The location was good.

• Quadruple Room

The hotel is very simple, more like an upgraded hostel/pension. The prices should reflect this more. The fact it's on the island might explain the high prices.

The location is good, near their center of Lindau island. Free parking by the bridge. A good room, suitable for four. The breakfast is somewhat limited but if you want just the basic it should be ok.

Just about everything. Smelled like smoke. Sheets had hairs on them as if they were not cleaned. Very cramped and exspensive. It seemed like there may have been boarders living there. Staff was not friendly. Food was sub par for price -Would not return.

Location as it was on the island. But it boarders a busy street and no view.

• Quadruple Room

Nobody was there when we arrived, finally a women showed up and she was nice in adding an extra bed for my kids although the cost is too expensive ($35) for that bed and that hotel. the owner was kind of rude, maybe for the language barrier but dodnt advice us that parking included was until 8AM so we had to paid the difference. parking is ok but a few blocks from the hotel.

The location is ok, good breakfast and clean room.

I came here for one nite and was shocked by rude acceptance from owner (he was i think). He was shouting and regardless he spoke english, on purpose he switched to german and shouted all the time! Internet was not working, our room was on basement so we could hear everyone who walked on above floors. The smell if cigarettes, poor breakfast, very far away parking for which you have to beg the owner. He simply asked to bring car first, dont know how it could be possible and thanks to old lady who gave parking ticket to pass through the gate

• Quadruple Room

It was advertised that room has 4 double beds, in reality this was one double bed and one sofa. Parking is not by hotel but somewhere in the city IF you can find free place. Parking only free during night. Bathroom is purely separared from the room and has no window to open. Remote control of TV had ages old and not working batteries. Breakfast very basic.

The location and possibility for late check-in was the only thing we liked there.

This is not a 3 star hotel, it is a hostel,there was no one there when we arrived and WiFi did not work until the following day.

Good location and good breakfast.

• Quadruple Room

Location is great, hotel is not so great. Be aware that if you come by car you will need to park outside the island in the city parking. The hotel is a bit dated.

Parking was off the island which was unexpected and a bit of a hassle given the weather conditions. There was also much road construction which made it very difficult to drive to and which was quite noisy in the morning.

Great location on the

parking fees arrangement was not clear from the start, maybe this was a language issue? breakfast lady helped us out and we are very grateful for this.

Great Location, very comtable beds, room was very clean, very helpful and professional breakfast lady. very nice breakfast spread. Hotel manager informed us about the building site in front of the hotel one week ahead of our stay, and offered us alternative accommodation, we did not take up the offer but the thought was much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

car parking was a bit of a distance from the hotel due to construction taking place in the adjoining road. We were told that this would improve once the construction was completed

The owner and his wife were very pleasant and helpful

• Quadruple Room

It was back across the bridge onto the island so you could technically walk into town but it was not as perfect location as the actual hotel.

We had originally booked a room for four people at the hotel. When we arrived, the man at check-in, I think he is the owner, told us he had another apartment a short drive down the road that would be a better fit for four people and one large dog. It was wonderful!! Not quite as charming as the hotel but it was a full apartment with separate bedroom, large bathroom and a kitchen. Great breakfast!!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The staff could have been more friendly. Parking was not on site. Had to go to town center and pay for parking till before 8pm and had to wake up early and rush to pay for parking at 8am. And with my large vehicle it was fortunate I found a space. It should have been clearly indicated parking is not part of the hotel. It was just city parking. Had to pay cash. Had hoped to use my visa. I didn't see the small print in booking email about this. Many other guests at the hotel also didn't know this. Next time bigger print. Thought booking included the payment. The windows were broken we couldn't lock it properly. My sister has high anxiety despite being high up. It would have been good to have secured windows. Painting jobs needed done in bathroom and few windows were rusted.

Breakfast was wonderful. Lovely array of choices from eggs to yogurt and breads cereals etc. Pretty good despite a simple guesthouse.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Paid public parking available nearly church free parking 500m outside of the hotel.

Localization in the middle in old town. Breakfast quite nice. Room size is additional pros.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Host. Room. Bathroom horrible. Breakfast was cheaply done. Breakfast staff smoking in next room. YUK. YUK ...did not eat my complimentary breakfast. Host demanded to settle bill as we were packing car. HORRIBLE

nothing about this property was satisfactory. poor quality all around. management were rude people. Paid for the night but was not happy. Lindau is amazing. Dont stay here. RIP-OFF

I wouldn't recommend. The shower drain was so slow you were standing in 6 inches of your own filth. The TV didnt' work, only come to find the cable was disconnected and had a cord with frayed wires showing through, I was afraid to reconnect it. The parking was 1/2 mile away, in a public lot you had to walk to. When I mentioned the shower drain to the man at the front desk, he said don't tell me, tell my wife. When I made the reservation, I wanted to change it afterwards, only then to find out I couldn't. The print on the website while making the reservation was in a light blue text that you had to click on to find the warning that you couldn't change or cancel. Very deceiving.

• Quadruple Room

Owner is a bit primitive in the moods but still reasonably polite Car parking is far away and road of access to Hotel is blocked due to road works, not easy access if a big car.

Hotel building is vintage but the rooms are renewed and spacious

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The room in hotel was to small for 92 euros i never expected that. The room might had around area of less than 10x10 ft which was very small. We were three colleagues but there was only one bed for two people and they arranged one person on sofa which was quite annoying.

Location of hotel near to main station and Bodensee. There was complimentary breakfast but never had though.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The 'private bathroom' was a small shower room across the hall - you get the key to it but it is not connected. The free parking facilities are a ticket to one of the two public car parks half a km away. The furniture and decor is very old and not in line with the price charged. All in all, a total rip off in the midst of a construction site.

I liked checking out and walking away never to look back.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Quadruple Room

There is a problem with parking - the only parking available is in the main square (during the night free of charge, during the day each 30 minutes are paid, max 1hour and half) - even though we were in March, not a touristic season, it was difficult to find a free place in the night and during the day to return to the parking each 90 minutes to pay for next 90 minutes.

Amazing location, good budget accommodation with very, very good breakfast!

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Family Room (5 Adults)

It's on the main road. A little noise in peak times. The rooms were small. Breakfast was very basic if you didn't eat cheese or sliced meat.

It is within walking distance to everything on the island

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

The facility is quite shabby and poorly maintained. It is cheap, but it Looks cheap as well. Nice I wouldn't call it. The staff was friendly, but reflected the Overall atmosphere of the place. If you want cheap OK, then !!!

That it was on the Lindau Island.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Hotel Seerose is a very good value for money hotel in th middle of the top end of the beautiful island of Lindau.The breakfast was nicely served with care and the room and bed were comfortable.There were coffee shops and restaurants nearby and Netto was very near, almost underneath.Hotel Seerose is a hidden jewel.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Quadruple Room

Owner was rude and requested cash payment that went straight into his pocket. He wanted us to pay for parking even though it was included in the price. Breakfast staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Quadruple Room

The second bed off the restroom could have used an extra pad underneath because it was a leather couch.

Very convenient location and price was very good. The breakfast was good and staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Quadruple Room

Location in very close to Bodensee and market place. Hotel owner and staff are freindly and helpful. Rooms are cleane, spacious and confortable. Good and filling breakfast.

• Quadruple Room

No wifi. Had to pay cash. Very small rooms and bathroom. Lobby and reception staff were not welcoming. No air conditioning, rooms very warm.

Location was great. Breakfast was very good. Clean rooms.

"Every guest gets a free welcome drink" as per booking.com website, definitely NOT in my case. 1. Owner rang in the morning to confirm I'm definitely arriving that day. Bit strange but thought ok. Upon my arrival he told me via intercom, me standing on the street, he doesn't have reservation for me. When insisted we spoke in the morning and I have confirmed I'm arriving in the afternoon he kept shouting he doesn't have reservation for me. He finally found my reservation after a bit of a shouting match with the closed door in front of my nose. Thought OK, misunderstandings happen. He topped this up following morning demanding payment for the room just after we finished breakfast (8:15 am) because he had to go and clean apartments in his other property.when told him I'll pay on checkout in 30 minutes he kept shouting and demanding payment immediately. He kept shouting at me when I was trying to leave the hotel 5min later to get water from shop 50 meters away despite having been told where and what for I'm goining and that I'll be back in 5 minutes. He shouted at me again when I came back from the closed shop (I was gone maybe 3 minutes!) and only me having raised my voice to say that I'll pay when I checkout made him stop for a second and say in offended voice that there is no problem with paying later but I need to pay. He was sweet as a candy when he was taking my credit card and taking the payment. 2. Room - tiny, bed in alcove so if you're taller than 1.8meter you would not be able to fit there and have a sleep 3. Parking-available on the MAIN street so absolutely anyone can come and help themselves to your vehicle and yuo wouldn't even see this. Overall, you're left with the feeling that all the owner is interested in is your money and whether you had a nice stay is really irrelevant-you will never go back. Pay more and stay somewhere where they will appreciate your custom.

• Apartment Holdereggenstraße 8 (2 - 6 Adults)

The offsite location of our apartment was not expected. Ended up 6 blocks away from the main location. Hotel only accepted cash up front despite advertising that they accept Visa and MasterCard.

The hotels main location was great. The offsite apartment was nice and spacious, but not very convenient.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Quadruple Room

-not safety, because the key very simple just like 50's, and the most important thing is people can see the room inside when they watching by keyhole -Staff not polite -dirty -no body wash and shampoo

Have wifi Connect

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

There was a little too much cigarette smoke wafting in the dining area at breakfast.

My room was much larger than expected and was more of a suite with an extra room with a couch and second tv. It was clean, not super fancy, has a nice garden in the back, and very quite. The host was very friendly too and generously showed us the refrigerator that was full of beer.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

No sheets over the matress. Only one (liquid) soap in bathroom (no shampoo, no shower gel). Staff always moving/touching food of breakfast (without gloves).

Good location. Parking free and near to hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

The staff were incredibly friendly. The bedroom also had an entrance room where you could store your bags and clothes keeping them out of the main room. It was just 5 minutes walk to the main bar/restaurant street.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

No wifi although the information is different. At least we couldn't connect as wifi wasn' t found. Only cash accepted.

Breakfast was acceptable.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Facilities are old, and creaky closet doors, ambiguous colored towers, smelly bathroom(seriously). And the surly owner at reception counter complements the whole picture.

Free parking is 500 m away, hotel location makes it no more than10-15 min away from the town's attractions.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Apartment Holdereggenstraße 8 (2 - 6 Adults)

The apartment was in another part of the town. In a dreadful area. We had to drive to the hotel to have breakfast. The apartment was old and so was the smell and furniture.

Female staff fine. Male cashier rude when he attempted an incorrect bill.

Location was top, room was great, staff was friendly and helpful, we definitely enjoyed our stay

Location and parking with distance

• Quadruple Room

Parking is not so convenient.

Location is good. It is closer to the old town. Breakfast is good.

Everything was alright.

• Quadruple Room

You don't feel welcome in this hotel.

Location Spacey rooms

A kettle in the room to make a cup of tea would be nice.

Staff were very friendly. Made you feel like family. Breakfast was nice.

Breakfast is basic

Location on the island in a quiet spot

Parking is not at the property and access is tricky.

Free drinks for everyone! (water, juice, beer, etc) I have never seen that before in any other hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

A house with dignity.

It was wery nice

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Attitude or owner.

Not as apecial as expected. Definitely not friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Smelled smoky. Cash only.

Staff seemed to resent the fact we did not speak German.

The breakfast was very good and beds very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Kind people.. great breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

lots

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Parking was some distance from hotel. Staff/owners were a bit weird. Breakfast OK but could have been better.

Convenient situation in Lindau

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Only Cash is accepted. Very old. Decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

the fire alarm was disconnected. which was a bit concerning.

breakfast was nice. property was clean and warm.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Free-wifi is only at reception area

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Management was poor

Location is good.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

There were some spiders on wall in bathroom

Very accommodating staff

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Building across the street and noise

Staff is wonderful and very friendly

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Old fashioned relative expensive hotel without bicycle garage.

Perfect location on an island

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Breakfast, Customer care

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

very nice staff, great location on Island

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Wanted a twin room and would have liked a kettle

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Family Room (5 Adults)

No air conditioning or fans; no bathroom supplies (shampoo, body wash or tissues)

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

We booket a room for 126 Euro at booking.com but hadde to pay 150 Euro at the hotel.

Very good location.