Reviews of Hotel Admiral This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Kohlstrasse 9, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80469 Munich, Germany

#143 of 368 hotels in Munich

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Friendly & helpful staff specially at front desk

Nothing to complain, but it is worth mentioning that the elevator was noisy, specially its door :-)

Friendly & helpful staff specially at front desk Comfortable bed Quiet location

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Terrible

The hotel rooms, corridor and balcony needs a total refurbishment, the furniture is so old it looked like it came from a charity shop, the balcony is disgusting, the chair on the balcony looks like it should be put on a bomb fire along with the rest of the bedroom furniture and bed, the hotel at best is a 2 star, the rooms were more like a Hostel!!!! and is definitely not a luxury, very 😒 unhappy

The lady on reception and the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Location, location, location

It’s an older building and could stand some updates but the beds were very comfy and the shower nice and hot and strong.

This hotel’s location is great. Close to the SBahn so easy to get to from the airport or train station. Also a 10 minute walk to the Marienplatz area. Easy walks to restaurants and cafes and shops. Delicious fruits, breads, cereals and some meats and cheeses made for a tasty breakfast. Good coffee and fresh brewed teas. We enjoyed a bottle of wine at night in either the private courtyard or living room area. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great boutique authentic hotel for a pleasant stay in Munich

We had some dirty glasses and dishes that were never cleaned up each day, that’s really the only thing I can think of that we didn’t like.

The location of the hotel was great. It was so close to everything we were looking for and close to public transportation. The hotel staff was more than accommodating. There was one nice older man who went out of his way to ensure we were having a great stay (great customer service from him) We saw him more during the night shift, I am blanking on his name.

Very enjoyable, we will be back.

The room did not have airconditioning.

The location was excellent. The hotel has a beautiful garden at the back that is very tranquil. The staff were very friendly and attentive and we really enjoyed the breakfast.

Central and quiet

Very well located near Isar river, Gastein and Deutshes Museum. Short walk to the market and Marienplatz. Central but quiet with nice terrace and tasty breakfast.

- overall a pleasant stay at this hotel, but currently overpriced for what it offers

This hotel could be great if it would improve several features: - there is no air conditioning in the rooms, which can be very uncomfortable during summer - there is no parking available, although the hotel has an underground garage. They suggested a parking nearby at 15 euro/ day, but you can also park on the street at 6 euro/day. -the breakfast, although rich in fruits, should be improved in some hot dish and also there is no possibility of toasting the bread; the music in the breakfast room is really nice, but the sound of the dish washing mashine is quite disturbing - there is no tea/cofee making facility in the room - the furnishings of the hotel were beautiful once, but there are many things that require repair and which are not to be seen in a 4 stars hotel - one of the most disturbing facts is the lighting in the room, which is very weak, making it impossible to read in the evening, even with the two lamps - at the price for the room minibar ought to be free

This hotel has some admirable features: The atmosphere of a more personal approach versus a large hotel Great location - very close to city center, on a quiet , safe street, with many restaurants nearby Helpfull and amiable staff Fair breakfast, with delicious home made jam 24h reception Beautiful garden and lobby in the back of the hotel Very clean

Good location.
    • Double Room with Balcony

NO AIR CONDITIONING. For the price I paid I was shocked that there was not AC provided. Very unpleasant

Good location...quiet neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and short walk to central tourist locations. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nice.

Charming hotel but very hot room

As above

Lovely breakfast. Great garden to breakfast in. Main issue.....no aircon and although eventually provided with an old fan it was intolerably hot, and the room was no secure, anyone could climb up the fire escape and get straight into the room from the back. Hotel would be a great winter stop. Near the Deuches museum and one stop on underground to centre.

Suited for many, but not for tall guests during summer

Had a room on 1st floor, street side. Room has indeed many square-meters but ceiling is low, a little bit lower than a football goal, 2.40 cm. No airco , but a fan mounted on the ceiling. The combination of low ceiling, fan and green/brown colour scheme make the room "optically" small, and hardly limited for tall guests. (myself 1.83). Fan is not sufficient foor cooling the room during summer and there is too much traffic to keep windows open overnight. Possibly the room-temperature is less an issue in the rest of the year, but Munich gets very hot this year. We hardly slept, too bad.

+ location, close to Isar, centre and S-Bahn + breakfast, good choices , coffee served at the table , no machines fortunately, + garden , sitting area , reading material + family friendly

Unfortunately our suites was broken
    • Suite

They had a troble to my booked room, so send us Hotel Isator. I booked suites, The admiral hotel arranged a just big room. Hotel Isator room had dirty bathroom and phone was broken. The reception said no English understand, and there is nothing he could do, so waite for morning. I just couldn't stand, so I walked to the Hotel Admiral to move back even it is not suites.

Nice classical decoration and fully hospitality. Room had a bathroom and slippers those hotel Isator didn't have. Nice quite small garden. It is very comfortable hotel with very reasonable price for München.

Very nice location, close to the attractions but not to close to allow for a pleasant stay.

The furnishings were dated, it could use an upgrade on the furniture but overall the site is very well maintained.

Breakfast was excellent, very good selection of fruits, breads and salads.

Nice hotel, but overpriced.

No free water, coffee or tea in the room. No airco. Single bed

Hotel is nice with friendly staff. It is a bit dated but nicely decorated. Breakfast outside in the garden was a plus.

Good location, excellent staff, wonderful breakfast!

The hotel is presently undergoing refurbishment, which was not known at the time of booking. I was also not aware that there is no parking available at the hotel, you need to take the car into a car park about 200m away.

The staff is excellent, starting from reception to cleaner and kitchen attendance. The hotel is very well located, and it is rather quiet though you are actually in walking distance to the pedestrian zone and near Sendlinger Tor. Also to mention the fantastic breakfast!!

Hotel admiral in good location
    • Double Room with Balcony

We stayed in this hotel 2 years ago, the ambiance was super so we chose it again The location is the best!!! But the hotel is way to expensive for the 50-60 style rooms It was charming before and with the outstanding service of the former owners it is just a old hotel in a great location.

Locatiom location!

Munich

Older hotel,no A/C. Get a room in the back. The noise from the street is a little much as well as the cigarette smoke drifts up to the room when your window is open.

Very quaint. Nice breakfast with lots of fruit.

A place to remember

Some warm dish for breakfast would be a plus. The coffee was too weak. But, anyway, the breakfast was tasty and great for fruit lovers.

Great location, nice area, friendly staff. The hotel has a touch of privacy, it is nicely decorated and has an identity - nothing to do with the big blocks-like hotels.

Amazing stay in Munich, at the heart of the city!
    • Double Room with Balcony

The only reason I marked cleanliness down some is because one of our rooms had a smell of old smoke. As we had balcony rooms, there was an ashtray with a match in it on one of the balcony chairs. I assume that people smoke on the balcony and it drifts into the rooms...which is probably why one of our rooms had a small smell of old smoke. However, the room that my Mother and I stayed in smelled perfectly fine! (No smoke smell.) And, our other family member with us was able to take a bath in the wonderfully big bathtub in her room! So, you know the bathrooms were clean!

The staff were so nice and helpful and responsive. We were traveling with my Mother for her 75th Birthday, and she wanted to spend a day in Munich. They accommodated us with the top 2 Garden View rooms per a conversation I had with a hotel staff member (Saber??) and a request put in through booking.com. When we arrived, it was late, and Sharokk at evening reception met us at the door, helped us with our luggage from the taxi, and supplied us with a map and all the information we needed for breakfast in the morning! He was so pleasant, and a perfect welcome to Munich! In the morning, the breakfast was absolutely delicious, as was the coffee! So many choices of wonderful meats and fruit and bread to eat. Christina, at morning reception, helped us with our map and pointed us in the correct direction to get to the Square. When we checked out, she even let me keep a hotel pen so I would remember this hotel for the next time I return to Munich! The hotel is on an unassuming side street; however, we felt safe as it is right by the Patent Building. It seems as though people doing business at the Patent office seem to stay there. In addition, it is literally a 10 minute walk to the Marienplatz Square. It is a nice walk and we were able to pass some shops and restaurants along the way. Alas, we did not get to see the characters come out of the clock (the Rathaus-Glockenspiel of Munich) as that only happens a few times a day, so we were told by Christina and a tour guide at Marienplatz. However, to see the New Town Hall clock tower with the characters poised to run around and around, as well as to experience the Square with all of its beautiful buildings (including the Old Town Hall) and vibrant street food smells was amazing! I would definitely return to this hotel!

Cozy - I like the decoration.
    • Double Room with Balcony

Overpriced minibar (EUR 2.60 for a small bottle of water)

Cozy - I like the decoration. Feels like Home. Good breakfast and very friendly service. Good WiFi.

A great find!
    • Double Room with Balcony

I loved the homely feel. It was very personal and tastefully decorated with nice personal touches. I could tell immediately it was not part of a group or chain. Well situated . The room was quiet!

Short business trip to Muncih

The staff we friendly and attentive. The rooms were very comfortable for a business trip. It's a nice quiet location with easy access to public transport and within walking distance of the main centre.

Excellent!

Great brekfast, fresh fuit, great variety, nice garden, large room, fast Wi-Fi, extremely nice staff (with a smile and helpful), close to s_bahn and historic center.

Authentic hospitality

Very good and friendly service. The hospitality exceeded my expectations by far. Great choice for breakfast, large room, perfect location. Will come again when in Munich. Thanks for everything.

I would highly recommend

The tub was very nice so that I could take a soaking bath or nice shower. The location was excellent and staff extremely helpful. The room was nice size and bed very comfortable. The garden outside dinning room was lovely. Quiet street but close to so much including Deutsche Museum!

Munich in Spring
    • Double Room with Balcony

The hotel is dated looking and our room was very old fashioned and small. No secure room to leave baggage after checkout.

Good location a short walk to the centre of Munich and convenient for airport connection via S Bahn from Isartor. Nice breakfast.

The Admiral is my new favourite hotel in Munich!

I liked everything, location is perfect for visiting Munich centre with the Isar on the doorstep you have great possibilities for walking or jogging along the river and connections to the "Englischer Garten". All the great museums are within walking distance or 2-3 stations with the tube or tramway - as are the two train stations of Munich. Great little Cafe´s & Restaurants in the neighbourhood. And the included breakfast was really excellent (in the summer it will be served in the garden.) The staff was very friendly and helpful - I arrived early in the morning and since my room was already cleaned I moved in right away. Checkout time is 12:00 o´clock - very convenient. My room was very quiet and I will be back for sure.

Good hotel

I would have expected more variety for breakfast.

Nice friendly personnel and spacious room. Mine had a little balcony as well with view to a small garden.

Great location, close to the Deutsche Museum and the Metro...

Great location, close to the Deutsche Museum and the Metro Station Isartor. There is a short but nice walk to the city center passing through several touristic places. Very quiet and plenty of restaurants around.

Great location!

Great location! Perfect for business travels. Very cosy, clean place, staff is very friendly. They also allowed me to leave my luggage after check out. Breakfast is nice. After my stay, I understood that the hotel deserves the positive comments published here!

Very pleasantly surprised! No issues and lovely decor and breakfast
    • Double Room with Balcony

I didn't plan for my parking situation prior to arrival--there actually IS on-site parking, but I didn't realize this at the time and wasn't asked about it when I checked in. We parked just around the corner in a large public garage for 18 Euro/day.

I was worried by some negative reviews, but this hotel absolutely EXCEEDED my expectations. VERY charming, elegant design throughout the property--reception, breakfast room, garden, and hallways. Room was perfectly adequate--spacious, clean, and with a cute view of the garden from the balcony. Bed was comfortable, shower was hot with good pressure. Breakfast was lovely with a large variety of fresh fruits and breads. Munich is expensive, but I thought the value of this hotel was good (got a deal on booking.com). Staff was welcoming and spoke excellent English. Location was just a few blocks from the main tourist attractions of Munich. No idea where the negative reviews came from and I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Generally München is not so nice as it used to be. The problem is the red/green local government

They had no longer a subscription on Financial Times. Breakfast area is cramped, take long time for the guests to make breakfast. There was a smell in our bathroom.

It is a nice comfortable lobby, with good internet in all of the building. Most staff is very good. Reasonable cost to park the car on street for €6 /day. For us it is an excellent location this time as we visited the Deutsche Museum library

The location is excellent, 5 - 10 minutes walk to the Old...

The location is excellent, 5 - 10 minutes walk to the Old City but very quiet place, just next to the Deutsches Museum and the river with beautiful walks at the river. The hotel is cosy, rooms are very spacious, the furniture a bit old fashioned, but the bed very confortable.

A place where the soul rests

Poor room illumination, so it's impossible to read in the evenings.

That was our second stay in this hotel and we still love this place. Warm rooms, tasty breakfasts, well-designed stylish interiors.

Great staff, not value for money

When booking I read the reviews and thought how can some people give a top rating and others a bottom, now I know . Those that gave a top rating must not have stayed in a four star hotel. Would not pay more than 80 - 95 euro Very sweet staff however

The staff were helpful and the hotel was not a four star. It was quaint but not elegant, fine for a two or three star.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

I had a memorable and most enjoyable stay.

The coffee was a little weak for my taste .

The breakfast was great, the sitting room and the breakfast room were warm and wonderfully decorated. It felt like home. I wish I could have been there in a warmer season to sit out in the wonderful private walled garden .

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The intimate Hotel Admiral was located in a great neighborhood. We loved it.

The washroom was small and didn’t have enough shelf space. The lighting a bit too low.

Excellent breads salads fruit cereals cold meats cheeses preserves yogurt. Beautiful room. Coffee in Munich generally was weak. Here too. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Great base for the Christmas market
    • Double Room with Balcony

Nothing - we liked it all! Perhaps the decor is a little traditional for some people’s taste but it is a charming little hotel with a personal touch.

We liked the cosy bar where we could always be served a drink even if we came in late, the continental breakfast included in the room rate, the friendly staff and easy check in procedure, and the peaceful garden at the rear of the property which our balcony overlooked. The beds were also very comfortable. Ideal situation for walking to the main square and attractions of central Munich.

Location and value for money make it a good choice for somewhere to stay in Munich.

A bit outdated for my taste. Not a fan of the big square pillows (although common in Germany).

Location was excellent. Couldn’t be much better. Rooms were much bigger than you can get elsewhere.

Lovely

Lovely olde-worlde hotel with carpeted elevator, old prints of Maria Theresa on the walls, helpful staff, great breakfast. Authentically "München".

The sheets were as white as snow.
    • Suite

The shower basin as well as toilette flush need mending.

The sheets were as white as snow. The breakfast was very generous. The staff was very kind anda helpful. Thanks.

The hotel is very conveniently situated just in 5-7 min...

The room could be decorated in a more modern style, but it was not a problem for us.

The hotel is very conveniently situated just in 5-7 min walking to Marienplatz. We faced the problem with the shower - there was no hot water coming from the tap. But the staff did everything to make our stay comfortable. At first they tried to repair it themselves, but when they failed they asked us to move to another room and offered a nice discount! It was a great pleasure. Thank you!

Great location being close to the centre and blissfully quiet

We arrived after an early start and a tiresome journey from Berlin and were told by the lady on reception that our room was not ready as we were too early... which we were, but a welcome or enquiry about our journey might have made a more favourable first impression. The hotel, although quirky, is somewhat dated and our room, gloomy, even with the lights on. Breakfast was fine and included in the price, but the coffee was undrinkable. We were surprised that this hotel was 4 star as our hotel in Berlin was far superior in all aspects and only rated with 3 stars.

The gentleman on reception later in the day was completely charming and very helpful as were the breakfast staff. Our room was quiet and overlooked the garden and we enjoyed being able to hear the children in the nearby school. The internet access was good and the beds reasonably comfortable. The hotel was ideally situated for us both for our work and for access to the centre of the city, which is actually why we booked it. The fridge was a nice touch with water to purchase, but a kettle for tea would have been so welcome.

Awesome hotel... Highly recommended.

Parking is tough being in the city center. There's a parking garage a block away but it closes between the time 11:00PM and 7:00AM. Make sure you plan accordingly for your trip to the airport.

This is our 2nd time staying here after our meeting. We love the location and the proximity to Munich's city center. Tons of restaurants and things to see w/in walking distance and the metro is 1.5 blocks away. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

Fantastic downtown hotel

Nothing to write here.

Excellent hotel with a homy atmosphere. I found the room to be very comfortable, with a bit of an old-fashioned flair which I found charming. The hotel is very well located close to IsarTor and the heart of Munich, also close to metro lines. The breakfast is just fantastic. It beats in quality and diversity what the five-star hotel chains usually offer: fresh juices, coffees, teas, eggs of all kinds, cereals. pastries, fresh fruits etc....I can only recommend.

Perfect hotel in a quiet area

Service is perfect, breakfast is delicious, even though the furniture is not new, the room is extremely comfortable. The location is very convenient, transport, museum, central square 10 minutes walk. Will surely stay again!

Very good acomodation

It a pity that the breakfast was pretty poor (but the personnel did their job very good). I would appreciate at least fried eggs and sausages. The bread was fresh and tasty.

Very clean and silent place

Good location and staff, needs to improve facilities

The bathroom had mold on the ceiling and walls - had to shower my kid while keeping him from touching it, not a very nice experience. Breakfast is very minimal. Lightning is the room is very low.

Most of the staff was really nice and helpful (only one exception). Hotel location is just 10 mins walk from the center and has a lot of stores and transportation nearby so that was really convenient. We arrived on a Sunday and managed to get a parking space on the street which is much cheaper than using the parking lot.

Really nice, small hotel not too far from Marienplatz.
    • Double Room with Balcony

Parking is on another street. The garage does not open until 7 so delayed our departure.

Really nice, small hotel not too far from Marienplatz. Once we figured out the best route it was only a 10 minute walk. Still at times we took a taxi due to fatigue from walking all day.

I had asked the help on mail about , how to reach the Hotel...

I had asked the help on mail about , how to reach the Hotel from airport. They sent the info which was not detailed one like after getting out in Train station which direction I should take ,or the street name towards I should go... Fortunately I came out of station in correct direction and a man at nearby kiosk helped me with the google map on his phone to find out the exact location of the hotel. also the reply sent was in German Language which should have been in English for better understanding.

not worth the money

the establishment really needs very urgent refurbishment!!! carpets all over are worn out and do not feel clean, bathrooms are very old style and feel like it, amenities are very minimal (no ladies shower cups), towels & bathrobe feel 20 years old, very old furnishing (some broken) and really, but really, over charge for value.

big rooms, very good breakfast, staff really go out of their way to assist.

Do not book this hotel if the price shows over 100 euro. Just not worth it.
    • Double Room with Balcony

198 euro per night in this mint condition of the room (mattress is worn out, bend to the middle, carpet is filthy....) without complimentary water, (without) free minibar, no english tv channels, no tea/coffee making facilities, no iron, no nothing. Breakfast looks nice but pretty much for women, no warm meals. If the price was 98 euro, it would still be expensive but tolerable, however 198 Euro is simply way overpriced, a "crime". Insanely expensive in this small, outdated, rundown hotel. They are shamelessly taking advantage of the guests in a city like Munich. Ridiculous!

Location, Friendliness of the stuff except Monday morning woman.

the reception was good

the parking was very bad you can't find a place to get your car parked there's a place but it is far from the hotel and you have to pay for each time you take your car out of the parking space so i suggest if you want to park your car just make it the last thing you do on your day if you don't want to lose much euros

the breakfast was good enough to just get me started the best was comfortable

Very quaint hotel and comfort room

Parking could be better. I had to leave very early in the morning (5:30AM) and we could not get our rental car out of the parking garage until 7AM. Luckily I was the only one in the group needed to leave early. Otherwise, it'd be very bad not returning the rental car.

Very close to city center and the market. Yet, the location was very quiet with little to no noise. The room is basic and comfortable but we only needed the room to sleep. I like the courtyard in the back after a long day of meeting and walking around. It was very relaxing, esp with a good German beer.

Good location in a quiet and safe are, nice breakfast even...

Old but very clean Street view rooms with a lot of noise in the morning No conditioneer air

Good location in a quiet and safe are, nice breakfast even it could be more various

Good stay for reasonable price

Breakfast has many different fruits but nothing warm at all..Staff at breakfast very cold.

Old furniture but well kept and everything clean. Very good location, 5 minutes walk to Marien platz.

If you like ants in your bed and are ok with subpar cleanliness with no AC come here

They did not not clean our room. We asked for new towels and said we had to use the old ones in our room. Disgusting. And there were bugs on bed.

Location and the elderly gentleman who checked us in very kind and gave a great recommedation for dinner.

Like any other hotel in its class, only more expensive.

What is there to dislike ? For sure the " Pillow " a 2 1/2 square feet of something, if you folded it 3 times its still was not a pillow. The room is very hot, no Aircon The Woman at the Reception had the " Unfriendliness " you usually find in Eastern Europe, some time also with a German woman, mostly a waitress in a beer joint. The Lady in the Breakfast room from Iran the complete opposite

What is there to like ? It is a Hotel just like any other Hotel in this category. Without much Charm. You get a room and Breakfast and that is all. You walk in from the street the Reception is either on the left or right and at the end is the elevator. This one hat a type of Living Room only saw people there when they were checking out. I had a room with single bed, by the size it could have been a doble room. The Breakfast. A lot of different fruit like the picture shows some pieces of different cheeses, a few different cold cuts were piled on top of each other, to make them look more. In other places they are separated by each kind. The first morning at 6;30 there were 2 pieces of Danish pastry, the second day nothing. I cant understand why some rated this place as Exceptional, Excellent, Wonderful ? if it is a 3 star hotel and nothing more. Maybe because they have a garden at the backyard.

Hotel was very classy - from the standard of the rooms to...

Hotel was very classy - from the standard of the rooms to the lovely staff and wonderful breakfast. We would definitely stay again - fabulous value for money.

Best breakfast in comfortable, well situated location.

The staff could have been better informed about Munich and sightseeing. Their English was not great either which made communicating difficult when asking tourist questions.

The best thing was the breakfast which was delicious, generous, and beautifully presented.

Very disappointing!

Expected 4* hotel facilities. Room was very outdated, looked like one in a monestry, bad matras, bad pillow, no airco but fan on ceiling, carpet with stains.. Sorry but this is a shame for 120 euros. Used by visitors of EPA which is why this hotel is always full and they can ask high prices without improving the rooms but I really recommend them to go to Motel one or Novotel across the street. I do not believe the 1000 positive remarks and awarding 10 and 9, not true or all other rooms would have been 10 times better.

Nice location with a short distance to the Deutsches Museum,...

It might be a little bit noisy during summer weekend nights.

Nice location with a short distance to the Deutsches Museum, Victualienmarkt, and the center of Munchen. Wonderful breakfast. No air conditioning, but ceiling fan works quite good in summer days.

Old school luxury boutique
    • Suite

Breakfast outside was really nice. All employees were very helpful and friendly, especially the clerk from Persia. The style and decoration was amazing. We got the suite, which was perfect for three people, it even had two complete bathrooms! Impeccable.

Ideal City Hotel in a quieter part of town
    • Double Room with Balcony

Would have been nice to have had air con. We stayed on one of the hottest days on record. Tea and coffee facilities in the evening would be great.

A great city hotel in a quieter part of town which was perfect for us. Nice restaurants close by. On site bar and a nice sitting room area. There is a little garden at the back and parking was straight forward. Breakfast is ample and delicious.

Excellent location but lack of AC not fun

Total lack of air-conditioning and ventilation. It was an oven in that room.

Great breakfast combined with a central location made this choice attractive

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Quiet neighborhood, generous (but cold) breakfast with many...

Rather expensive compared to overall price level throughout Germany. No A/C, which might be a problem during hot days.

Quiet neighborhood, generous (but cold) breakfast with many healthy options, cosy green courtyard.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

A bit outdated but fortunately very well maintained

A bit run down and particularly in the bathroom. Breakfast and reception staff a bit rough at the limit of unfriendlyness. All this for an horrendous price.

Breakfast was quite nice and with good fresh products. Quite good bed. Excellent apple in the room.

Great stay at Admiral

Everything was great

Great accommodation and location near old city center. Friendly staff. Baby bed was waiting us in room as promised. Parking garage 100m away, easy to find and come back to hotel. Beautiful garden.

Good hotel in a good location

- I wish breakfast had more food choices/options

-The hotel is in a good location, next to Deutsches Museum and Isar River, and 10 minutes walk to Munich city center. - The room was clean and comfortable. - The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood

Great small hotel 10 mins walk from centre

I managed to park outside the hotel: lucky. Instructions as to where the car park was and exactly how it worked ahead of arriving would have been helpful.

Breakfast was yummy. 10 minute stroll to the centre of town

Excellent hotel location , clean and very nice breakfast , staff very friendly and professional

Really Excellent Reception team and Management , great friendly staff , you feel very comfortable , very clean and quite location. I will never change this hotel and will be back again to stay , really wonderful team day and night reception staff .

Nice hotel, easy walk to the Marienplatz and Viktualienmarkt

It would have been nice if parking arrangements were more clearly described in the property description. Parking is actually not a problem as there is a large garage less than a block away.

The hotel is an easy walk to the Marienplatz, Viktualienmarkt and Eataly. There is a terrific bar/restaurant less than a block away (Pacific Times).

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

staff and cleanliness
    • Double Room with Balcony

no complimentary tea or coffee making facilities, it was supposed to be a garden view room but I didn't have any view of garden; it was noisy in some hours because of the school yard in front of the hotel garden;no complimentary water! it wasn't like a hotel, but more like a cozy and nice imaret

staff and cleanliness

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Nice and cozy hotel, very close to Deutsches museum ...

A bit expensive for its size and facilities, €420 for 3 nights incl. breakfast, plus €45 for parking (and it was the "cheapest" deal ... somehow tricky advertisement ...).

Superb location, 2 min walking from the Deutsches museum, 10 min from the center! Paid but excellent parking, very beautiful view, small and cozy typical hotel!

Peaceful hotel in the city

This hotel is an oasis in the city of Munich. From my room I had a view of the hotel's garden and could hear the birds chirping in the morning. The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel is very close to public transportation.

Great variety and quality of choices at breakfast.

Room temperature was a bit stuffy, but cooled down nicely in the evening.

Great variety and quality of choices at breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful.