Reviews of Leonardo Hotel München City Center This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Senefelderstr. 4, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80336 Munich, Germany

#234 of 349 hotels in Munich

• Deluxe Triple Room

There was supposed to be air conditioning, but it did not work very well at all. We then opened the window which was a much nicer temperature, but there is a hostel across the street and it was extremely noisy with a lot of hollering all night. We had to choose between nice temperature and noise too loud to sleep, or warm room but not noisy. We did not sleep well at all.

This hotel was very close to the train station and the front desk check in was very nice and helpful.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Nothing serious to complain, really, I recommend it!. Just WiFi did not work with my corporate VPN.

Great friendly staff. Nice room, fantastic location. Free water and welcome snack! :) Clean, comfy bed.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room was small, no air conditioning was working and front desk staff would not assist with the issue for 5 days.

Staff was friendly and breakfast was good and location was right next to train station.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Minor street noise, but not serious.

Breakfast was outstanding by any standard, but far above normal “breakfast included” breakfasts. Staff friendly, informed, helpful. Perfect location to trains, buses, tour buses, pharmacy, tour information office, great Italian next door, excellent German restaurant just down the street. Walked to outstanding museums.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Great location, close to the station and within walking distance to most attractions. Very comfortable rooms and would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Munich.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The light in the room is quite few so at night we don’t have much choice but to use not so bright room.

The location is great! Very near to Munch HBF and there are lots of cafes and shops.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel is consistant, clean, and count-on-able. They have a seriously great location and wonderful breakfasts. I have stayed here before several times and it is my 'go-to' in Munich.

Facilities: the elevator was very slow. We were a large group all with rooms on the 6th floor. The elevator wait was very poor. I would highly recommend this is upgraded.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

I can connect the wifi by my computer.

the hotel is very nice, it is close to Hup(munich center), from here, it is convenient for you to take train to whereever you want!

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The wall is a bit thin and I could hear voice from neighbors.

A room and equipments are standard so that I could stay without any stress. Front staffs support me very well.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The staff member at reception on check-in was not very welcoming, her manner left a lot to be desired. I had to return to the front desk with my luggage etc., as my keycard did not work and I was made to feel it was my fault . There was an issue regarding breakfast as this year it was not included in the room price, we tried to pay on check-in but we’re told it could be done in the morning . As I was the last to check in I paid for breakfast, so why the others could not do so is strange. This is my second stay in this hotel , last years booking included breakfast and room was excellent also on a very short corridor so very little coming and going so was much quieter.

Bed comfortable ,room compact you certainly would not have any room to move if you had a large piece of luggage.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

good location , near the train station . And just 6 minute have subway , it’s close to the shopping mall and church ....breakfast is good but a little expensive.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

That the hotel took the full amount when I booked not when I arrived. I booked bed and breakfast but was told it was room only when I got there. The staff member who checked us in was extremely rude when I pointed this out to her and shoved the room rate notice at me and told me to take it up with bookings.com. The rest of the staff after that were very nice

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel does not meet requirements of 4stars hotel. There is no loby, rooms are extremely small with low ceiling, which makes it even more claustrofobic. We booked the comphort room and one on the photos is much biger than the one we get. Since Central station is close the area is not nice (dirty, crowded, noisy) and should avoid it.

The location is very central. The breakfast was good.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

i have no faults at all with leonardo.

staff very friendly and helpful, check in very easy and quick room was ready even though we arrived early . the hotel was spotless clean i would recommend to everyone, the location is fantastic 2 minutes from central station.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location was great, but the neighborhood pretty rough. The staff was okay. Breakfast was quite boring and the tidiness of the room (the floor), was not satisfying. We received 3 ear picks and tiny bottle of shampoo for 5 days!

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location is tops, furnishings clean and modern. Staff very friendly and helpful - sorted us out quickly with restaurant ant tourist destinations. I would come here again.

I hadca room at second floor and it was very loud at night,even with the window closed.Also there was only drapes on the window,so either you have no privacy and too much light with opened drapes or no light at all

Good location,walking distance to the Mariensplatz,good breakfast

Rooms on the small side

Conveniently situated near HBF, and about 10mins walk to town. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, kettle in room and lovely breakfast. Friendly reception lady. Would definitely stay here again!

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

It was cold in the room in the last night of our stay! We were there during the Christmas holidays.

Great location (5min walking to Marienplatz), friendly staff, clean and cosy rooms, very nice decorated

Delighted with everything

The staff were really lovely Especially our waiter for breakfast each morning Great location , great value and good bedrooms Would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Munich

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very welcoming staff and so helpful. Place is very central to the citysites. It was clean comfortable. Breakfasts were more than ample. Will definitely recommend it to others

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Small room number ( if we plus 5-7 meters , it will be perfect ). Inconvenient flush in the toilet

Good service , good personal. Bathroom was near bad, however for me it is not minus. Nice location , mb 100 m from Hofbanhof, 200m from Karl Platz . U can walk, walk and walk , u don't need to use taxi .That is really good, because taxi is expensive. We visited opera and from our hotel it took 30 minutes. Good bed, good mattress. When I asked the guy on reception time me 2 glasses for wine and ice ... it was like lol and he said me with great pleasure. So everything was good.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

It could use a bit more English tv channels (or Netflix!) and I wish they’d get a new elevator. It’s tiny and very, very SLOW.

Good value, close to the station, and the staff is always helpful

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Only the style if decoration and furniture

Great location opposite Munich Central Station the Old Town was 15 minutes walking distance really lovely staff helpful and kind. Unbeknown before our arrival we were upgraded to a very lush suite on the top floor which had lots of room comfortable beds . Tiny tiny thoughtvthe furniture (dark wood) resembled office furniture to me but that is just my own taste I would gladly stay here again and recommend ..the shower room was exquisite and the most luxurious I have had

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff, good room, right in the heart of the city. Stayed because I was stranded after my flight was cancelled, so I only slept there without exploring the surroundings.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Recommended not to say in this hotel ever. Completely false information of being 4 star hotel. It was like stay in pigeon hole with the size of room 3 Mtr * 3 mtr at the most. The hotel does not have facilities other than breakfast. The reception staff is untrained and rude. Photos provided on the website are not from this hotel therefore everything is completely misleading. Please be aware before booking

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Didn't stay long enough to notice any glaring negatives.

Good location, just across the road from Hauptbahnhof Station and within easy walking distance of the city centre (Marienplatz). One thing I really liked about the hotel is that we could open the windows fully for maximum fresh air. Too many hotels lock there windows so you can only have them ajar. As an adult, I like to be able to make that decision on my own, and I love fresh air at night rather than stuffy central air from the hotel air-con unit. Staff were really helpful on check-in and check-out, no fuss and transactions were speedy. This isn't a hotel for relaxing in but ideal for a city break if you only need a place to sleep and have breakfast.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

No where to hang wet coats, a couple of hooks somewhere would solve this

Perfect location for seeing Munich and pick up for tours ( stones throw from train station where airport bus drops you)- all the staff were lovely and friendly especially Tina who was only to happy to help when we had trouble checking in for our return flights

• Deluxe Triple Room

There was very little not to like. You get what you pay for.

The property was a less than five minute walk from the central train station. Additionally, the Marienplatz was a short walk or train ride away.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

There are several hostels in the area. This and the busyness of the vicinity made it not the quietest spot. But the convenience was a good trade-off.

We chose the hotel for its proximity to the station as we had booked early bus tours and a train journey starting really nearby. It was definitely conveniently located, the room was clean, secure and comfortable and the place served our purpose well. The staff were very professional and helpful.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Location of hotel - whilst very close to Hauptbahnhoff, the area is not great and didnt feel safe. Although this is not the fault of the hotel.

Staff very friendly and polite.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Our room on the ground floor was a bit small and the double bed was narrow. On the whole, the hotel and its services are overpriced. In this area, the streets were always crowded and noisy and the feeling was as if we were in Africa or in the Middle East. The public places were dirty and not clean as they used to be several years ago. We checked out 1 day earlier than it was originally booked, therefore the hotel charged us by 50 % of the room price for the cancellation.

The hotel is located in the vicinity of the Main Railway Station. You can find the main attractions including the sightseeing tours in a walking distance. The hotel has a safe underground parking (not cheap: 19 €/day). The room was clean as was to be expected from a German hotel. The breakfast is copious, but also not cheap (13 €). Just a few steps from the hotel there are a lot of small shops, bars etc. where you can have a good breakfast at a much reasonable price. There is coffee maker in the room with sufficient coffee and tea bags. The Wi-Fi is OK and free of charge. The rooms facing to the courtyard are quite but the others are a bit noisy. The staff was very much helpful.

No bar in the lobby.

The rooms were clean,comfortable. It is just 1 block from the train station, so it’s very convenient if you are site seeing by rail. Walking distance to many of the local attractions and shopping. We were there during Oktoberfest , and were 5 blocks from there.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Compared with last time I found the bedroom and toilet far smaller and cramped. Breakfast was not as good.

I have stayed in the hotel before and it is good location for sightseeing and transport.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is not included. Rooms are small. Asked for a smoking room but they said they had only a very small room. Very small.

Location ! Location ! Location ! Staff are friendly.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel offers miles and more but only when we book directly with them and not through Booking.com Because I used Booking.com i couldn’t recieve the Miles The receptionist told me I should book directly with them next time and not through Booking.com

The bed springs were very uncomfortable They need to buy new mattresses

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The air conditioner barely cooled, we had to leave the windows open all night.

Great location, across the street from the central train station and in walking distance to Oktoberfest.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The windows did not cut out the street noise, the hotel is opposite two youth hostels, which were noisy at night

Great location, right in the city centre. Service was great, although only one member of staff covering the bar and reception. The staff worked hard here, and were fabulous to deal with.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The rooms are on the small side. Breakfast was plentiful, but little boring in the menu.

Very good location for us between the city center and Oktoberfest.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

tried to relax in the courtyard at night, hotel staff wasn't very friendly in telling us to be quiet. We were not very loud at all, just talking

Breakfast buffet was good

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The surrroundig area is a little shady at night, the room is tight for two people, and the AC was quite warm.

The hotel is close to the central train station (5 minute walk), the market (20 minute walk), and Oktoberfest (20 minute walk).

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hostel is across the street and some of people on street late at night are a little seedy but never felt unsafe. The rooms were hot- couldn't get the air conditioner to kick in

Close to train, great location to get to everything very easily. Rooms were clean and uncluttered with fridge. Staff was nice.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Only one cup of coffee in the room.

The Manager originally from Namibia was excellent in all he did. Very helpful, friendly and outreaching to look after guest comfort. The same cannot be said about the other manager he shouted at me for trying to pour a cup of coffee before the breakfast facility was open, yet the coffee was already out and ready for use.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

This hotel has bed bugs. This is the second property I've booked with booking.com that has bedbugs. It should be part of your rating system!! I tried to notify the hotel, but the did not respond.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

As we were traveling to and from Munich by train is was less than a 5 min walk from the train station. Also it was only a 15 min walk from the centre of Munich which was really handy.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning in our room did not work very well especially the first night when it was particularly warm.

The bedrooms were clean and modern. It was in a good central location and only a 2 minute walk from the train station.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

My wife woke up on second morning with bites on her legs and third morning she was covered head to foot with hundreds of bites. Took over a week for them to stop itching. Unfortunate end to our honeymoon!

Great location next to the train station and ten minutes walk from Marienplatz where the shops, bars, restaurants are plenty. Room was good size for a couple passing through Munich.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

My pillow had black spots. It was good that they had a 24 hour front desk but the guy on the night shift didn't speak good English, and couldn't leave his desk to bring me a replacement pillow case because he was the only one there, so I had to go downstairs to get it. The shower leaked a lot when I had a normal shower, but was OK on the second night when I angled the shower head almost straight downwards. When we arrived, they said we could not have the twin room that we booked because they were fully booked out. They could not even offer us a double room - the only choice were to take two single rooms (on separate floors but fortunately both close to the lift), or go to another one of their hotels. However, they were very apologetic, and offered us free breakfast.

Excellent location next to the main train station, and they had a left luggage room.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

the beds are horrible, and we book 2 twin beds and they gave us a double bed, they say that happens all the time with booking i dont know if there is any problem with the web or the hotel...

location is good

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

There was a hostel over the road which was caused a great deal of noise during the night

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was quite central and easy to get to from the airport

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

We were there will the weather was hot, making the air con in our room struggle to keep the room cool. and one night we came back to the hotel to have a drink , no later than 10pm, but the man on reception told us the bar was closed.

Location suited us.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Sliding bathroom doors not close well for privacy. Room a little small but comfy

Central location by tours and main station for all lines in munich. Wonderful friendly staff who looked for ways to help you. Good breakfast. Nice bar and lounge/courtyard to have a quiet end of day drink. Great value for money

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The neighborhood is so dirty , very narrow street & smelly !! The receptionist guy said that baby bed is for 20 euros a day , although we're traveling with twins. & when I told him that all the hotels we've been to are free of charge for baby bed, he said other hotels , not us!!!! When I agreed he sent one but not ready to use, so I called he said you have to do it yourself even though I didn't know how to!! He wouldn't help so I called him again to cancel it as we're not using it! He said ok !! And didn't take it ! The next day I found a girl receptionist, she was super friendly , I told her the story , she said he's wrong, we don't charge for baby bed! Only for extra beds! & she said don't worry we can make it for you! Then when I got back the baby bed was ready and set! For the parking I had to park near by garage as the hotel's parking is full & had to pay 25 a day. Plus the parking hours the first time i parked! !!!! Also the luggage removal to the parking was super difficult with the floor!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great location with 3 minutes walk to central station, super helpful and nice staff, big and cosy room with huge bathroom! Very much enjoyed our stay there!

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The degradation in the area around the hotel. It is not particularly safe late in the evening. Things were a bit different only a few years ago.

Bed size.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room was very small for 2 people. The location of the hotel was down a side street by the train station next to multiple youth hostels. I did not feel safe returning back at night unless it was by taxi. If you could pick the hotel up & move it to another location it would be a much better experience.

The room was very new. Nice by German standards. Good for business or short city trip.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

We used the hot water boiler to boil some water, and found quite a bit of debris inside the water after boiling. Probably not the hotel's fault, and just an indication of the quality of city water.

The hotel was right next to the Munich Hauptbahnhof, and a easy walk to the old town. The room was clean, and reasonably quiet. Although small, the room is quite ok for a couple.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The immediate area. One wrong turn and you think you're in the Middle East.

First of all the young man at the reception desk was ever so helpful, and friendly. We loved the hotel, but the location is somewhat "iffy" A youth Hostel is right across the street.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The price was clearly jacked up based on demand. I had just recently been at a far superior hotel for far less cost. But they didn't have vacancy for these two days. So I had to pay a much higher price to Leonardo for much lower value (much smaller room, breakfast not included, no balcony). The shower head holder adjustment was cheap and would not keep the head at the desired height.

The location was ideal for my needs. The accommodations were mostly adequate, clean, and functional. The WiFi worked as needed.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room was cramped, and I requested a twin but got a double. Glass sliding door on bathroom did not shut completely, so there was a lack of privacy.

Convenient location, and friendly staff.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

One of the men at the reception desk was aloof and perhaps even rude when my husband came down to the bar for a glass of wine. He was not very accommodating or friendly. The others we encountered were great though.

This appeared to be a newly renovated hotel with just the right amount of space we needed since we weren't going to be spending time in the room. The breakfast was fabulous and it was so very clean. Very close to the train station and city plaza-great location in that respect.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

I was a solo traveller and had only one big luggage so my double room was ok for me however it might cause space issues for people with more luggage.

I chose this accommodation because of the close proximity to all ammenities and didn't regret the choice. Reception staff was very friendly and provided a smooth transition and advice. Room was cleaned daily. I didn't have breakfast so cannot comment. It was quite an expensive accommodation for me but then I had booked this place at the last hour from the train from Berlin to Munich but worth the choice. The cost may have been different and cheaper if I had booked it in advance as I did with other hotels on my five week travels in Germany. I would have no hesitation in staying here again if I were visiting Munich again which is a possibility.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The lighting in the room was inadequate. More comfortable chairs would be good.

The property was convenient to the train and bus stations and plenty of eating places.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

While the hotel is conveniently close to the München central station, it's actually not a great area itself. Lots of sketchy people around, dirty and polluted. Wish we had chosen to stay somewhere closer to old München like Marienplatz or somewhere similar! Other than the surrounding area, the hotel itself was nice, comfortable, with complimentary tea/coffee in the room which was a big plus.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location, while convenient for travellers, is not in the most agreeable street - - but we were not troubled by anyone.

The hotel is brilliantly located - within 5 minutes of the main railway station. The facilities are good, the staff is most pleasant and helpful, the room was modern, very well equipped and super-clean.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Even though the place is well situated - the area is a bit dodgy and you might feel unsafe

Very close to main railway station, shops and tours. Decent sized rooms with good facilities

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Small rooms, but it is ok, if you want room only to go sleep and the rest of the day spend outside...

Great location, parking, breakfast OK. We recommend this hotel for 2nights stay if you go shopping or wanna be walking distance from city centre. Quite street.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

the staff were very helpful. arrived at the hotel to find booking had not been received even through i had confirmation of booking from bookings.com the receptionist sorted out the problem very quickly luckily they had an available room.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

how can you stay for 4 days with only 1 bottle of water for free and each extra bottle of mineral water cost 6 euro? you should increase your service providing 1 bottle per day, like a lot of many other hotel does.

breakfast was good and people polite.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Couldn't check in until 3pm which is late given we were only there for 3 days. Staff did their job but no interaction. No atmosphere. At breakfast there is a lack of plates, cups and food was slow to be replenished.

Fairly near to the centre although we don't mind walking. There are plenty of restaurants, bars around and good access to public transport.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Toilet cubicles in ground floor area were far too small. very difficult to get in an out of cubicle. We received a room upgrade. Bathroom in room only had a sliding glass door. Therefore noise travelled.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

I was given a room for a disabled person with very little light as it was on the ground floor next to some sort of an alleyway. A door leading into an adjoining room ment I could hear the coughing and spluttering and other things from my "neighbour". Shower curtain was to tight around the shower it clung to me while showering. No hairdryer in room. I was asked to sign for breakfast which I didn't want to do while having breakfast as I had all these issues to sort out with staff at reception. When talking to staff at reception there were no apologies being made. I was told as charges had already been taken from my credit card there was nothing they could do for me. I was appalled. The only time the staff reacted was when I went back to reception when I let I informed them that a customer who stayed in the room the days before me had left an equally daming complaint. I was told then only that I could have breakfast for half the price.

The location and breakfast would have been alright if I didn't have to sort out a complaints I had.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

One of my travel companions who had booked separately and later than us stayed in room 101 and had a very poor night's sleep due to a variety of noises... personally I enjoyed my stay as did my other friends.

Loved the gluten-free bread provided upon enquiry. Very helpful staff. Good range of food for breakfast. Spotlessly clean and pleasant en suite facilities. Very comfortable bed. Everything the traveller needs for a budget price, I have stayed here more than once. We also got a good recommendation from Reception for a traditional Bavarian restaurant nearby; as it was raining when we finished eating we were delighted that we had only a short walk back...

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

the location is the best, if you are planning to go around by train and this hotel are perfect choice. And there is Mr Rene K. whom always help me, answering every little questions that I sent by email, salute.. If next time I return, I will stayed here again

Browse Leonardo Hotel München City Center traveller photo gallery