Reviews of Star Inn Hotel München Schwabing, by Comfort 3 stars

Weimarer Strasse 4/ Domagkstrasse 11, 80807 Munich, Germany

#127 of 349 hotels in Munich

Very far from the city I do not recommend this place for families The parking fee is high and it’s not included in the room price No room service The toilet flush didnt work properly

It’s nice and comfortable if you travel for buisiness

Very friendly stuff. The rooms are well equipped and clean. Beds are really comfortable. Short walking distance to bus stop or tram stop. With Munich’s convenient public transport system, we get to all the tourist spots easily.

The mattress was a bit too hard and there was only one soft pillow for each person. My boyfriend got back ache but I was ok

Room was quite big and very clean

• Family Room

Bathroom could be a bit bigger, very small pillows, bedsore mattresses

Very spacious room, friendly and helpful team, good breakfast, WIFI is fine; if you arrive by car you can always park outside, just place a parking disc in your car and change every 2 hours, fridge in the room

• Family Room

Nice hotel, you have to learn to move around in the Tram to certain places. There is no much to see around, but the tram station is close. The breakfast is not included in the booking price, so the rate with breakfast is a little more, €13 if you buy it directly with them. The room was cozy but the idea is to spend time outside. I had to travel late after checking out and they kindly kept my luggage in a locker.

No tea making facilities in room, however kettle was available on request. Pillows a little soft for my liking.

Checking in and out simple. Parking close by was reasonably priced.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

One of the staff members was a little rude one morning, I think she was having a bad day, which was a bit frustrating since it seemed unnecessary to be rude.

The hotel isn't really near any of the interesting tourist parts but it is only about a five minute walk to the bus so location wasn't a problem for me. The room was small but clean and the bed was very comfortable. They have a bar and the option to get food or coffee etc. so you can meet your immediate needs upon arrival. I showed up a few hours before my reservation and they were nice enough to store my stuff. I paid a good price for the hotel, it was under 100 euros. I wouldn't really pay more than that since it isn't directly located. All in all it was good.

• Family Room

the beds was firm which was fine but the pillows were useless. Also we arrived late in the evening and our room hadn't been cleaned yet, but the staff was very helpful and found us another room.

the staff helped us with the metro which made the distance from town center, easier to maneuver

Heating only via AC. Only body towels, no extra hand towels.

Good location, city easily accessible via tram. Checkout is until 12. 24 hour reception. Radiator was provided, after asking for it.

• Deluxe Double Room (4 Adults)

It's a pity that you can't heat some water to have a cup of tea. The public parking space is quite far away from the hotel and rather expensive for the area where it is situated in an industrial zone (10 euros for the night). We were "welcomed" by a girl named Zita who was very unpleasant, which is not good for a 3-star hotel.

The beds were large and confortable. The rooms are spacious and very clean. We did sleep very well.

I miss a little frigde in the room to put some drinks and the lack of possibility to take the breakfast in the room.

The cleaness of the hotel was really really good. The bed was also very big and comfortable.

As you may expect, the place is not cheap for eating or drinking due to its location. That's the only cons I can think of

I usually stay there when having my business trips to Munich as it's close to the airport so I can stay over before my flight back in the morning

The rooms were spacious and nice and the hotel seemed pretty fancy, but breakfast was much too expensive and the location wasn’t great. Nothing really nearby and had to walk 20 minutes to get to the metro to then take that to the center.

The woman in the breakfast room was unpleasant with my puppy.....also if the girl at the reception told me I could get into the breakfast room with my doggy I preferred to leave her in the bedroom because of the woman told me that my small dog was not allowed to get in.......and the hotel declares itself pet friendly

Good breakfast, nice room, girls at the reception helpfull.

• Family Room

Location. Staff was not friendly enough to leave a mark but weren't rude or bad at any times. Plan your meals as there is not much to eat nearby.

As Expected for the price. Rooms were nice and big. Bathroom was a bit of a compromise. But overall satisfactory. Could be recommended for non premium and short stays.

• Apartment

The cleaner looked grumpy when asked to clean the room. My baby dropped a juice in bed, covers were dirty but nobody changed it so we slept in sticky sheets

Big rooms

The bed was...not the greatest. Breakfast was rather expensive, especially with a large number of bakeries nearby.

The hotel bar was reasonably priced and served good beer. Staff was very nice and helpful. Hotel has destination board that lists several popular tourist destinations.

• Apartment

Need to pay for breakfast No shops or restaurants around Bed and pillow not comfortable

Nice big room with kitchenette Cleanness Good breakfast Good value for money

• Family Room

Significant sweet chemical smell in the room, I think it was from cleaning liquids or maybe sheets conditioner. Note this if you are sensitive to smells. Rooms are a bit old

Great staff, huge comfortable rooms, good breakfast. We have been given a kettle and baby crib immediately after we ask. Nice location and room equipment for the given price

• Family Room

Deceitful behavior. We didn't add breakfast to our booking. (the cost was 14€/person). Upon arrival we were asked if we want to add it, but we refused clearly. However, during check out we were asked to pay for the breakfast we had(!). I immediately informed the receptionist that we didn't have any breakfast and she replied that she can see it in the booking. I repeated it one more time and that was it. She just let us go. If she did actually see it in our booking, she wouldn't let us anywhere near the door before doublechecking it. This was not the fault of the receptionist rather a deceitful systematic tactic used by the administration to deceive customers and maximize profits, as far as I am concerned. The would earn 60€ only from us. Finally, I believe that the location is convenient only for those with a car.

The room was ok. Comfortable and clean. Matresses good. A little far from the city center.

• Deluxe Double Room (4 Adults)

The location is a little far from the city center. But public transport is easily accessible, only 2 mins away by tram and bus.

The area and the hotel were nice.

Very bad service. Staff unfriendly. We were looking for a location near to our company's headquarter. Due to unfriendly staff and bad service it will not be possible for us to book our partners in Star Inn.

Check in took too long, there were more than 20 in the line, Choice Loyalty number they cant enter manually.. strange When entered the room, it had its open and took few hours for heater to cope up ! outside it was -4 degrees... Due to some group crowd, it was very noisy all the time, I have stayed here in the past but this time it was not that good at all.. woke up tired because 2 times someone knocked at my door at 2AM /3AM thinking its their room :(

Staff at the reception was not impolite, but a bit curt regarding my requests. The location is half an hour away from the center, so for people who wanna do sightseeing it is clearly not the best choice. I was there for business in this area or Northern Schwabing, and for this matter the location was perfect. However, for dining out or having a beer in the evening there are only very limited options. Hans im Glück is a good choice for Burgers in the area.

Excellent breakfast with some special choices, for instance exotic jams. Also loved Bretzn, which you don't get in any hotel. Bed was super comfortable.

One tiny cushion; could have been two more, no spares in the cupboard. The sofa was in fact a one-person sofa chair, not very comfortable for two. The location is shtonk! Nothing around except for large industrial venues.

The breakfast buffet was a real treat...very relaxed; very smart to have ceramics trays for each guest instead of endless tiny round dishes. Best certainly was the late checkout at 12pm, well appreciated. The hotel is very quiet and closely located to Zenith (in walking distance, 30min) to attend concerts.

The location was not very convenient and the breakfast was very expensive.

Comfortable decent sized room at a reasonable price. It was useful having a fridge for my own use.

AC controller didn’t work-blowing hot air when the room was already hot meant having to sleep with the window open, and being woken up by workers outside in the morning

Reception staff very courteous and friendly

• Suite (3 Adults)

The staff were a little rude with us from time to time. My only disappointment was no kettle/tea/coffee making facilities, would have been useful for our pre-race porridge!

We really enjoyed our stay at Star Inn other than the staff were a little rude with us from time to time. We had travelled to Munich for the Marathon/Half Marathon and the hotel was perfect - clean and comfortable, we were hardly in the rooms to need much more. My only disappointment was no kettle/tea/coffee making facilities, would have been useful for our pre-race porridge!

Was told shortly after booking I "might" be able to check in early before the specified 3 o'clock check in. At around 2:00 o'clock they claimed every room was unavailable and not a single one would be ready before three! It's also a long way from the U Bahn and in a office area without a lot of nearby restaurants, pubs, etc.

Clean, some of the staff were friendly, but some were rude.

The room was not cleaned as when I came back from the city the do not disturb sign was at the door. Not sure if this was done by other guests... Takes quite a while to get into city center by public transport despite the description says Schwabing

Easy check in and friendly staff. Many TV channels

Basic room, no personality, no tea or coffee in the room (three stars!) Noisy early in the morning. Slow internet connexion. Expensive for what you get.

Good location for my business, clean and convenient room.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Probably not the best for tourists - we were visiting a business across the road. It is a bit out of the way - but this also means it was quiet !

The rooms are pretty basic but tick all the boxes for comfort, cleanliness, size. I have stayed in a lot of budget 2/3 star hotels and this one was in the top 10%. Nothing fancy but good value. We found all the staff friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room (4 Adults)

It was really false advertising - when we ordered a suite for a family of 5 - we certainly did not expect to sleep all of us in one room without any way to close a door between a sleeping baby and the rest of the kids. The room was shared as a suite on booking.com and the visuals led us to believe that is what we would be getting - but in actuality we got 1 large room (to sleep 5) divided from a living area by a curtain! That does not divide kids from parents or contain noise for a sleeping baby... I would never return and really felt this was false advertising.

It did have a nice breakfast.

The immediate area behind the hotel is a construction site at the moment so not the best surroundings BUT it didn't alter the fact that the accommodation was located brilliantly for our needs & was good value.

Easy links to Munich centre & Allianz arena. Public transport cheap & very efficient. Fairly basic but modern & clean with very helpful staff.

Nothing really

Hotel bar and restaurant are nice , staff great. Public transport excellent short tram ride to munchen freiheit then get anywhere from there

Having to commit beforehand to the breakfast buffet was inconvenient, but I can understand why. Hotel is a bit far from downtown, in the middle of a business district - easier to take U2 from Hauptbanhof to Milbertshofen and walking, rather than S2 + U6 + tram via Marienplatz

Staff excellent. Good value overall. 24-hour bar and cheap drinks. Large room and great shower. Restaurant Alte Heide nearby is good for hearty Bavarian food.

Beds are very comfortable. The rooms are spacious and clean. The stuff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good - everything was fresh and tasty. Very good food variety. Very good value for money. Thank you very much.

It is unbelievable that this hotel is still promoting with Booking.com Very bad in vvery thing 1. Location 2. Old hotel 3. Uncomfortable mattress 4. Very small bath room 1 sqmtr only. 5. Old furniture 6. Staff 7. No value ti spend 1 euro here

Nothing at all / poor Poor

Not the most convenient location, need to walk from the bus or tram stops to the place. Reception staff is not the most pleasant, hard to get extra info out of them. Never smile :( Parking cost is €5. Not too bad. Very noisy in hallways.

New, relatively large rooms, good beds. Not too far from the center but still takes time, about 30 minutes. Elevator. Cafe/restaurant is ok. Ladies at the reception provide earplugs if the construction noise behind the building is annoying.

The internet was very bad. Most of the times I was disconnected. Also, the front desk whose name is Zita was frown all the times. She never smiles. She barely answers a question if the guest asks her.

The front desk whose name is Damir. He helped me to fix my internet connection.

• Deluxe Double Room (4 Adults)

Reception staff were not friendly and there should have been bar staff available in the bar.

Very good value for money - large family room (although no window in sleeping area.) Excellent breakfast, parking and close to tram for easy access to centre.

• Family Room

Air conditioning was not working, hallways were smelly, parking was far from hotel, reception was ignoring the requests. Very low on staff and they do not care about service.

Beds were comfortable

We were in room 243 and it seemed like forever to get there down the hall from the elevator. No problem...but a long hike!

Kitti and Daniel at the front desk were always very helpful! Very appreciated. The breakfast had great offerings and variations to fit any taste. The restaurant next door(hotel) good food! Room was spacious and for those who love AC ( like me) it was a treat!

they charge for parking even it is not close to center of the city and have to reserve the breakfast night before Sunday.

very spacious and very comfortable like bed and restroom.

There were no bags in the trash bins so I was afraid to put a gum or any other sticky stuff into it.

I really liked the place, it's like a safe harbour - really quiet, everything's comfortable and calming, the birds are singing... enjoyed every minute! was really sorry to leave early and miss breakfast. I also really liked a set of tables and chairs outside. And there were apples at the reception, and free water in the room.

Sorry, but too expensive breakfast! Normally for that price, you can eat in two! Here was 13 something Eur per person! Way too much!

Clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff.

Was quite far from the city centre. The shower also leaked all over the floor because the doors didn't go down to the basin (although it was a fantastic shower)

Spacious room, incredibly comfortable bed. Incredibly clean. Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

It's a little bit away from any night life, but if you know how to use public transit it's no problem. Also checkout was at 12 and this lady barged in my room Just before as I was packing up my suitcase. I was literally out of the room before 12 (granted by maybe a minute or two) but I felt rushed

It was very easy to get to public transportation from the hotel. Also the bathroom was very nice.

Hotel bar was spacious, great place to watch football; visited nightly by the local mouse, which freaked out a few people in our party.

Nice hotel; professional staff, clean room, breakfast was fantastic. A little out of the way (need a taxi downtown, not many restaurants close by).

Huge room, very comfortable and clean. The staff let me leave my bag after check out for a later pick up. The hotel is near bus stops and tram stops which provide easy and regular access to anywhere in the city. From the airport a few stops on the S-bahn and then a bus almost to the door.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Suite (3 Adults)

- very small bathroom, which does not provide much privacy

- well organized, clean and efficient - friendly staff - free internet (which works!) - quiet location at the edge of the city

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Family Room (3 Adults)

The net conection (wifi) was not available for all time, after notice they fix it very fast

I was suprised. The hotel is nice for 3 stars and offered nice service. Breakfest was really good and tastefull.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

The location is not too comfortable. We had to use the U-bahn, then the Tram and then another 300 meters by foot.

During the Octoberfest the price was quite fare.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

location.

i just sleep in this hotel. there was no option except this hotel in oktoberfest period. there was a big parking lot and it's free. it was really perfect for me - i have a rent car.

The environment is not very inspirational.

Hotel is well reachable by car and parking is free of charge directly opposite to the hotel. WiFi is available. Prices are very fair for Munich.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Family Room

Breakfast is quite moderate for 13 EUR. Wouldn't recommend.

Free parking space in front of hotel, bar with chairs and tables outside open until 12 PM, two double beds in one room.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Excellent hotel. Everything was perfect. We will get back here anytime we'll get to Munchen. Staff is professional, breakfast is outstanding, cleanliness and features like into a 4 **** hotel. Safe Parking. Affordable as a price. We recommend.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room (4 Adults)

Would have been nice if the hotel offered coffee/tea in the lobby or provided a coffee pot in the rooms.

Spacious and updated rooms, though the washroom was a bit small relative to the size of the room. The foosball in the lobby was a hit with the kids. Easy to catch the tram to the underground.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Family Room

The Wifi works well only in the lobby,when you are in the room it is just terrible.The bathroom is so small and the breakfast is expensive.

The location is good,walking distance to train station and a burger restaurant . There is piano at the lobby and my son is allowed to play with it.That was nice

wifi quality, absence of in-room slippers

staff, bed, tv

parking in a garage or on the road

perfect breakfast

Near city center, tidy and spacious

Nothing I can think of.

Breakfast was excellent. Beds were comfy. Staff very helpful and friendly.

Good breakfast, quiet neighborhood

Aircon didn’t work in rooms 143 and 145 and in some other rooms for my friends

Staff were amazing

Pillows were too flat

Good breakfast

• Family Room

There is no local possibility for dinner

Friendly receptionists

• Apartment

I stayed only one night so I'd say it was very good for a short stay.

• Deluxe Double Room (4 Adults)

Heavy plates at breakfast. Increased price ... probably for Champions League day.

Size of beds. Breakfast quality. Reception

Service with kindness

• Family Room

Went for a concert. great location. great breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room (4 Adults)

The AC didn’t work in our room.

no window in a bedroom

stuff, parking, position

• Family Room

Very good breakfast, clean room, helpful receptionist

• Family Room

The breakfast is too expensive.

Big room. Comfortable mattress.

Browse Star Inn Hotel München Schwabing, by Comfort traveller photo gallery