Reviews of Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan 5 stars

Poststrasse 6, Gallusviertel, 60329 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#89 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

The only thing I did not like was that the bathrooms are rather small compared to how their designed. The shower door barely makes it past the toilet...

The breakfast is what you expect from a Steigenberger hotel: Everything is fresh, warm meals are made on request and everything has its own dressing. Having breakfast here simply feels like a Michelin experience everytime!

I don't remember any. .

I like everything in this hotel from check in to check out; the service in their restaurant (breakfast); it is just behind the Central Station. . .

• Comfort Double Room

I know the hotel keep very strictly about check-in time, but why not check-out time? As I was so tired that day from work last few days and a long flight was waiting for me. I try to take some rest before I head to the airport. However three workers had visited my room and one even opened my room. It was before the check out time.

Breakfast was the best thing you can get from the hotel. The rooms are below your expectations. It doesnt seems like a five-star hotel.

• Comfort Double Room

Furniture looks old with fading color needs attention

Near the Main Railway Station in the centre of Frankfurt, good breakfast , free complementary bottle of water , apples , coffee makes you feel welcome. Lots of bathroom amenities.

1)One creepy thing happened. One night I was sleeping in my room and it was exactly 2:30 AM as I heard my hotel room door squeak. I opened my eyes and saw a gap closing slowly (like a wind was pushing or I just missed a closing moment), but still left open. I got up and closed the door checking the corridor but there was no one there. I always closely check if I close my door and always use the security lock. There ware some problems with my card lock before so I hope it was it...... 2) The pillow was so uncomfortable, one night I just wanted to go down to the reception and ask for a new one in the middle of the night.

The hotel is located in a perfect place for all activities in Frankfurt. Walk away form Messe, just out the main central station.

• Comfort Double Room

Asian food was unmatchable and should be studied in deep, an improved. Staffs were helpful, but mostly too rough; such as the way to talk, abd the way to lift up the lugguage. No proper way to walk with the lugguage, only stairs.

Helpful staff, and good location near train station.

• Comfort Double Room

They have stolen me! I paid by cash and they discounted from my credit card! Be careful ! The still didn’t return my money for one week, I called them an international call from my country and still they didn’t respond !

Not looks safe environment around...Policy Office is in front of it, so might be safer but a bit scary. Not quiet place if you want to be in.

Pretty near from station, good people working, nice room

Bed had only 2 pillows - one big, one tiny. Both pillows were effectively useless and felt like sleeping on the mattress. I went out to purchase my own pillow to have a good nights sleep. Shower water was warm, but could never get it hot. My colleague in a different room had the same experience both with pillows and shower.

Staff were very polite & helpful for the most part. Location being directly next to Frankfurt HBF is fantastic, and also a short walk away from a variety of different restaurants, bars etc. Great location.

Your unhelpful attitude.

My whole experience dealing with your hotel has been nothing but ruthless. The customer doesn't come first, no help was given with my reservation and obviously money is more important that people coming back. I had 7 people staying there for the fair and they will never stay in any of your hotels again, nor will I ever use booking.com

• Comfort Double Room

Too expensive for tiny room with small bed and tiny window despite the fact that it may be because of carnival season. Large towel smelled barbeque grill.

Staff was kind. Great location.

Pillows were horrible, There were hardly any filling in the pillows. Breakfast was cold and nobody bothered to heat up the food, Asking for another filter of tea bag should not cost 4 Euros beacuse that is the response I have received from House keeping.

They checked me on some other guest name and then asked me to return back . The pillows were horrible. Water was leaking in the bathroom and house keeping staff was very rude. Brakfast was absolutely cold and food was stale. Would never go back again.

The room was tiny. The quilt/ duvet was a single duvet on a double bed. Only one pillow was provided which was very weird given the fact that it is a 5 star property. In request extra pillows and another single duvet was provided.

• Comfort Double Room

- Bad smell in communal areas, especially in the lobby (!) and floors corridor. - Spa area pretty small (but well kept). The Turkish sauna wasn't working at all .

- Room is spacious. - WiFi reliable and fast. - Location is great, right next to train station (which is 10mins by train from airport) and close to city center too. - Breakfast has good selection and food quality.

The location was perfect and the service in general was very satisfied! The best thing was that mini bar is free to use for the whole stay. I will stay here for sure if I visit Frankfurt again!!!

• Comfort Double Room

1. Staff - can start learning to say Hello, Good afternoon, How was your travel or How was your stay (and I speak German - so it was not the language). Reception at times is empty - you have to wait for someone to show up. Male staff member at the breakfast was extremely rude and unprofessional. First he asked me to change my table, then mixed my order and brought me different eggs, then after 20 minutes brought correct order and didn't even appologize and was bossing around a new staff member in front of all the guests. 2. Room - Walls in the room needed some painting - everywhere stains. Yes, I am a single guest, but giving one pillow, one towel, etc. feels like it is a 3 star hotel, but never 5.

Hotel is located next to the main train station, so if you need to take a train in the morning it is ideal. I liked the spacious walking shower and the bathroom overall is very clean and nicely refurbished. Female staff member at the breakfast was excellent. Breakfast itself is nothing special for five star hotel, but I appreciate that they had a small Asian corner.

Didn’t get what I reserved despite emails for connecting rooms. New Year’s Eve ruined. Gave us Rooms miles apart first and they we’re adamant that hotel is full and no adjacent rooms but after some stressful arguments adjacenct rooms magically appeared so they were not completely honest and definitely not a 5 star treatment. Rooms are dark, bed sheets, duvets and pillows are cheap and not comfortable.

Location was convenient, rooms clean

• Comfort Double Room

No parking out front even for checkin!! Drive through was blocked and I had to back up to get out and SCRATCHED my car!! Very narrow entrance with no drive through. Had to park under train station. Beds are hard as rocks!! Did not sleep well!

Good location. Nice breakfast. Very clean

• Comfort Double Room

Main door to Lobby have to drag luggage through steps, they do not have a small slope to drag the luggage.

Bed is comfortable. Heating system is good. Buffet breakfast not too many choices BUT we could order fried eggs, pancakes freshly made from kitchen which is really superb

They say this is a 5 star hotel but I've stayed in 3 star hotels much better, massively over priced. Rooms very small untidy and old, could do with a total freshen up.

The staff were friendly

• Comfort Double Room

the main reason choosen This hotel , was its excellent location 50 meter walking to the DB station. but in the busy morning after the breakfast, wanna rush back to the room on 6st floor...it took more than 10 minutes waiting for the elevators..there have 2 lifts. but each comes with cleaning cart., working tools ..or room services trolley... the elevator room were twice times fully coupied ...made all guests impatiently wait...

• Comfort Double Room

There was no ramp from entrance door of Hotel to lobby ! That can be a problem if you have a heavy suitcase.

Perfect Location , since you can arrive at the main central train station , cross the street and be at the hotel. Bed , pillows very comfortable . Breakfast of good quality . The Train station right beside you is of great advantage and piece of mind .

Because of the old interior the hotel does not seem to be clean enough. I had some questions to the competences of hotel staff. As many hotels in Germany, this one blocks a deposit on your card. In general the hotel seems to be overpriced and not worth of 5-stars rating.

Great location regarding railway station.

• Comfort Double Room

Breakfast selection average. Seemed to be short of staff in restaurant. Missing atmosphere and buzz you would expect in city centre hotel.

Close to main station, nice room, clean, complimentary bottled water. Quiet room. Staff pleasant. Good wifi.

There was one small window in my room which made it look rather dark

Perfect location, nice staff, very good breakfast, the room was ready much before check-in time, sauna, free minibar

• Comfort Double Room

I asked for slippers. Not available!!!! No BBC or CNN channel ! No ramp for strollers or Wheeled suitcases in the main entrance I expected the room to have tea/coffee facilities.

Staff Location

Really hard to find anything that could use improvement, one thing comes to mind is that everyday there would be check (knocking on all the rooms doors) if everything was according to your needs in the room. Although this sounds as a nice touch, sometimes it's annoying to open the door only to tell them everything is fine.

Best hotel I have stayed at in Frankfurt so far. Wonderful room, nice, clean and quiet. The personnel is really nice and helpful. Location is excellent and the parking is really spacious compared to any other parking I've seen in Frankfurt (mind you it's the main train station parking, you get a 5 euro discount when staying at the hotel on the daily fee).

The hotel is just a little bit dated. Hard beds and too soft pillows. Security box was out of order when I arrived. The service staff fixed it next day. Some humid smell in the room, probably from the air conditioner. There are more priceworthy hotels in the location of "Bahnhofsviertel"

The location. Service staff.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Old furniture and dusty room , the bathroom so old the shower dont work well Breakfast very bad , location not suitable for families , there are no bell man at the gate or security to help you.

Hotel is adjacent to the Central Station so parking and traffic is somewhat difficult. It was impossible for us to tell (arriving by car) where to stop/register/unload. The hotel has very limited parking in front of the hotel - maybe 5 spaces. Otherwise, parking is next door underground at the Central Station. I am sure this is "temporary" but the construction going on either at the hotel or right next door begins at 7 AM and the hammering etc. is quite noisy. Not good for those who plan to sleep in a bit.

Public areas are very nice. All staff that we encountered were quite nice and helpful.

No negatives

Fantastic property--comfortable and friendly and accommodating from start to finish. Absolutely everything was perfect, from comfortable beds, immaculate rooms, helpful staff--it was perfect.

• Comfort Double Room

The corridors are not particularly inviting but I really don't care about that as the rooms are much nicer than the corridors. A bit of a waste though having such big corridors when rooms could have been a bit bigger and even nicer.

Great business hotel with strong basic amenities. Good value overall and reasonable staff. What I particularly like about this hotel is that staff are available if needed but if they can see that you just want to quickly go to your room without fanfare they will accommodate.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

Rather unpleasant surroundings. Service in breakfast room somewhat unattentive.

Very spacious room, beautiful and very well equipped bathroom. Sympathetic service at reception desk.

Only stayed one night, but the room and staff met expectations. Proximity to the train station (directly across the street from Frankfurt Main) and the selection of restaurants in the immediate area were also pluses. Stocked beverages were included, which was a nice touch. Breakfast was good, nice selection.

• Comfort Double Room

Towels were terribly scratchy and cheap. Room was incredibly warm and I couldn't get it to cool off without opening the window.

Location was prefect for my needs. Right across from the train station and yet very quiet (very good soundproofing). Easy to walk to local attractions and to get to the airport quickly. Did get a better pillow when I asked for it (why are hotel pillows always so terrible?).

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Comfort Double Room

When I came to my room, I could hear some liquid flowing in air condition, even when the air condition was turned off. It wasn't loud, so I did pay attention to it a went out to the city anyway. But in the night when everything gets silent, you could hear it very clear and it was very annoying. So I couldn't sleep because of it. Even when I used ear plugs I could hear it anyway. Morning I did get other room, which was much better and bigger, so after that everything was ok, but anyway, this should not happen in 5* hotel! Also the bathroom did look that much well- as shown on attached pictures. I did miss cattle and tee bags to prepare tee in the room.

Very good breakfast. Good staff and good location in the meaning of transportation and public transport connection. However there were lot of drunk or junky people near main train station, even during a day, not sure how safe it would be in the night...but that is probably the reality of today's German cities.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Comfort Double Room

It's time for an upgrade of the bar area. The furniture was in bad condition. The barkeeper was so slow and they didn't have ingredients to severals of the cocktails in the menu. This is not a good bar to invite business relations.

It was very close to the TradeShow area.

• Comfort Double Room

-Didnt get the feeling of 5 Star Hotel. -Outdated. -Overpriced.

-Good Wifi. -Easy access (Near M.Train Station). -Large Room -Welcoming+Professional Staff.

MY CREDIT CARD WAS DEBITED AN ADDITIONAL 400 EUROS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, I COMPLAINED TO THE DESK STAFF WHO ADVISED ME THAT IT WOULD IMMEDIATELY BE CREDITED, IT WAS THEIR ERROR. I HAVE CALLED 3 TIMES I HAVE CALLED MY BANK IN SOUTH AFRICA AND TO DATE MY CARD HAS NOT BEEN SORTED OUT.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Very modern, hyper-clean facility. Very good service. Excellent breakfast with anything you could reasonably want. Quiet rooms. Nicely designed bathrooms are very stylish.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Invoice EUR143.24, booking online state EUR143.24 aus well. but charged my credit card EUR193.24 without any information and receipt or invoice !!! Why charge extra EUR50? I saw other guests complained the same extra EUR50 problem as well. Please explain and payback!

Good location near the Frankfurt HbF

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

The hotel isn't cheap and also it's a 5 star hotel, so in my opinion it's a pity there is no swimming pool.

Great location of the hotel for a city center as for the exhibitions. Delicious and full of choice breakfast. Fast internet and small gym and sauna.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Comfort Double Room

İt cant be. 5 Star superior as to any frequent traveller. Old carpets, smelling room, ac doesnt heat room enough ; corridor was warmer then my room although adjusted at 24 'C . Remote controller in room was not working which is replaced

Location facing train station

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The restaurant, though the only one in the hotel, is excellent in terms of the ambiance and the quality of food. We had great dinners with good value for money there.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Not a 5 star hotel, it is really old and lost its character. Our 1 year old son got an electric shock because one of the electricity outlet was hanging out the wall!!!! At check-out the lady couldnt help us, which says something about the hospitality.

Breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Room was very small

excellent location next to the train station; an outstanding staff at all hours; huge comfortable bed; heated tile bathroom floor; numerous English speaking channels as well as numerous channels for other languages ; nice breakfast with real 5 minute boiled eggs to order and fresh omelets.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

-Smell very bad in room -Very old room and facilities -Don't believe shining photos from booking, the hotel looks 20 years older than photoshopped photos in booking -Bad service for breakfast,waiting 30min for coffee, nobody takes care of you

Good Location close to train station

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

After we left, I wrote one letter with some requests and they never answered. I still hope they will.

Breakfast wae very delicious, rooms very confortable. Location is great because you can reach every destination from the hotel by foot.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Great location from train travellers. Thebreakfast was first rate and when I encountered a small business problem the front desk staff helped without fuss. I actually rebooked a future stay right then and there.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The surrounding area is not a quite one. Some renovation or maintenance was going on in the hotel. So sleeping was not that good.

The staff is very friendly, fantastic breakfast , owesome bar.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Old furniture. Should be changed. Doesn't deserve 5 stars, should be 4 only in my opinion.

The location and the staff, especially Lutfi was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The environs of the station were quite seedy!

The location of the hotel was convenient to the train station. The staff were very professional, especially at breakfast. Reception staff were also very helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Did not like separate duvets and pillows/cases were odd. Not enough English speaking channels and no films on order. Breakfast was medicore and staff were sparse - in fact rarely seen during breakfast. Spa facilities very, very poor. No concierge and no tourist information in reception. No doorman which I would have expected of a 5 star hotel.

Rooms were clean and bed was very comfortable. Good selection of newspapers. Wi fi was very good and free mini bar was nice although we didn't really use it as no spirits. Location was very good.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

Having steps to navigate. Bellmen could be more proactive to assist or more accessible ramp to get into hotel

Location next to Central Railway station

• Comfort Double Room

Gym needs updating and the service at breakfast was very very slow.

Great service, lovely staff.

Price A bit tired room

Functional location near the train station and exhibition centre. Clean room.

Great location for the train. Very clean & well appointed room + comfortable bed.

Good hotel in Frankfurt

Old world breakfast experience

• Comfort Double Room

The room didn’t have drinking water and tea coffee as we entered. That could be improved.

• Comfort Double Room

On a Tuesday night, preceding a holiday, the bar across the street in the Bahnhof, erupted with ear-splitting Pop music—at 1:30 AM!

Not worth the money

• Comfort Double Room

It was really very close to Main train station. If you need to take early train it is very convenient. Also the rooms are nice.

The staff are very friendly and will help you if you have any difficult problems.

Room too small

very meager breakfast

professional and helpful staff

gym was terrible..

very good location and good service.

• Comfort Double Room

No ramp entry for suitcases

Great breakfast

• Comfort Double Room

Situation, taxi near the Hotel also. Good hot chocolate.

• Comfort Double Room

Room small and very dated,

Staff friendly, coffee machine in room, separate shower

• Comfort Double Room

Restaurant for the evening meal could have more selection; not really good value

Wonderful breakfast - like the old days; many hotels no longer bother

• Comfort Double Room

in the bathroom, the mirror is too far and with low lighting to shave

location, bar, restaurant and the breakfast

• Comfort Double Room

the bed and quality of the room

dining hall and the food are good and the location

Browse Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan traveller photo gallery