Reviews of Steps-Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Liebenwalder Straße 22, Mitte, 13347 Berlin, Germany

#450 of 579 hotels in Berlin

The Staff was all smiling and friendly.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The Staff was all smiling and friendly. I booked a room with shared bathroom. The rooms and specially bathroom was very clean. The location is close to the metro station so it was easy to move around the city easily even at night.

Amazing value for money.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

It was a little far from the centre of town, but having said this it was really close to a metro station and then it was only 20 minutes to get in on the tube, so not a huge issue for us.

Amazing value for money. Really friendly staff and a really nice clean hotel. It had a good optional breakfast - also really helpful that you could choose which days you’d like breakfast rather than having to add it on for every day! Had a nice bar and a courtyard open until 10.

Good for traveling as a tourist, or short stay

The name of the hotel is called "Steps", and there are a lot of them. If you cant easy walk the stairs, you better book a different hotel. On the other hand, I requested a room on the lowest level possible for my elderly father. I even received a phone call that they had moved my father to a bigger room to accommodate his wish.

Breakfast is recommendable. Everything is easygoing. Don't expect any luxury, all the basics are in order.

Good location and nice staff but wouldn't stay there again
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We were in 3rd floor and there was no lift (which we already knew before but when you are there and tired it is a bit annoying going up with the luggage...), there are no mirrors and only one power plug in a bedroom with 4 beds! (luckly we were only 2). The carpet seemed to be dirty, but the beds looked clean. The neighborhood was safe but can be loud during the night (both nights we heard people screaming/talking loud outside). For us the toilet was what really made us wish we had booked another place...it was smelly the entire time, it annoyed so much that we had to buy an odor eliminator spray (which we left there for the next guests!) to use in the bathroom every time we had to use it.

The staff was helpful and the location was fine (close to the u-bahn station). I would recommend this hotel if your budget is low and you won't spend time in the bedroom.

Convenient and good value stay in Wedding
    • Double or Twin Room

No air conditioning, which unfortunately would have been needed when we stayed. No lift, room on 4th floor (well, I guess the name of the hotel says all it needs to say!)

Pretty reasonable breakfast for 5 EUR Bar open 24/7 Convenient for public transport and not far from Tegel airport (but not very central) Large room

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

good value
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was next to the bathroom and it smelled like a demon; Fortunately, the guy at the desk gave us an spray, and opening the windows we could stay in the room. There is no way to plug the phone next to the bed. Only one plug in the room.

The reception was very friendly and the place was clean. Not bad in terms of cost / quality. Although I will choose another place the next time I visit Berlin.

Although the room was a bit worn-out it was really clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Although the room was a bit worn-out it was really clean. So was the bathroom. Our room had the patio window, so I was a bit anxious if there is some evening noise, but nothing of such happened. Quiet place. 5 mins to metro station. Nice staff. Breakfast at really reasonable price.

Staff was humorous and fun.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was quite minimal. Limited facilities in the room (no iron, kettle, minibar). The hotel is not equipped with an elevator and we were located at the 4th floor. To quote the receptionist: "Hence the name 'Steps hotel'"

Staff was humorous and fun. They lend us an iron upon request. We liked the location (close to Mueller street with lot's of ethnic shops and restaurants), and close to the subway as well with a fast connection to Tegel airport.

Clean room, nice breakfast at only 5 Euro.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Only one electric socet in the room. Was not enough for 2 people.

Clean room, nice breakfast at only 5 Euro. Very friendly personnel always ready to help. Russian-speaking lady at the reception was helpful.

If we visit Berlin again we would like stay here again.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We arrived late and checked in, wasn't problem with time. Staffs were friendly, when we asked hot water and a bowl we got this things without problems. Room was clean, we didn't meet our neighbours so bathroom was as if for us only, so we hadn't problems with it.

Happy stay
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

StepsHotel is a very cozy place, with a nice backyard cafe. It is located in a quiet part of Berlin and would be really good for families, or groups of friends because of the large rooms! The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Amazing staff, great facilities, great beers, easy to find and 10 min ubahn to the centre of Berlin!
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a constant bad/sewage smell from the toilet, keeping the toilet lid down and the door closed helped.

Absolutely everything other than the smell!!

Warm, welcoming, Wedding
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff was extremely nice. There is a beautiful yard behind the hotel where guests can relax. The hotel is located in a particularly nice part of Wedding.

Comfortable and in a good position
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Just the steps but then i suppose that gave it it's name. Seems like the whole of berlin is covered with steps ☺️

All in all it was adequate and comfortable. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful.

The man who checked us into the room was so helpful.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The man who checked us into the room was so helpful. He honestly deserves a raise for how friendly and helpful he was. His English was PERFECT and he was able to answer any and all questions we had about the area and recommended late night snacks for us! I can't stress enough how kind this gentleman was. I wish I got his name so I could write it down here. Fantastic :)

Perfect for what I needed, clean and affordable.

Perfect spot for what I needed. I wanted a room for one person as I was passing through Berlin. My hope was for something affordable and clean. Steps was great. It's a small room and a walk up, but exactly what I needed for this stay.

not a place I would stay again or recommend, especially for...
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

reply to emails I sent asking for the lowest floor available, the flights of stairs where awful. No tea or coffee facilities ( no kettle in room ) This would have been better than being given cups of hot water to carry up flights of stairs & keeping having to go up & down stairs for coffees. All rooms are signed NO SMOKING ,how ever bathrooms weren't signed so guests continued to use them for smoking. Could never see the manager, staff left messages, he never saw me to discuss complaints.

not a place I would stay again or recommend, especially for the older person , family or disabled person

Great stay with helpful staff

Nothing really. Just beware that theres no lift (I guess why its called Steps hotel) so be ready for some exercise

Staff were always ready to help with my (constantly changing) requests. Had lots of luggage and was greatly helped to move it around. Room was clean and comfy. Wifi worked well

Near to two metro and tram stations, close to airport

Shower was either burning hot / ice cold Room is a little run down, but quiet

Near to two metro and tram stations, close to airport Shops, cafes, and bars also nearby Big bathroom Friendly staff, clean room, fresh towels

Quiet/clean hotel and safe neighborhood, you can access downtown easily by subway.

I stayed one week in the 5th floor, but the building has no elevator. That was ok for me, but I would recommend the staff to warn people before they arrive.

Very clean room. Staff friendly and helpful regarding the locations to visit in Berlin. Easy to go downtown by transport. Very quiet and safe neighborhood.

Cheap stay in Berlin
    • Double or Twin Room

Wasn’t a 5 Star hotel but then I didn’t want or need a 5 Star hotel :)

Berlin public transport is never far away and the major tourist attractions were never a long distance away.

the room was beautiful, and they gave us some gummy bears.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

the toilet did not have good ventilation, the corridor was in bad smell after someone used the toilet. Our room was on the third floor, so we have to carry our luggages through the stairs.

the room was beautiful, and they gave us some gummy bears.

Nice young accomodation in Berlin
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Separate bed, but it was written in the booking, my foult I read it too late!

The friendly staff, the young and fresh environment and the very good breakfast!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Handy hotel for small groups wanting basic accommodation.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel feels more like a hostel, with four beds in each room and one shared bathroom on each floor (at a price when I would normally expect an ensuite for my money). It's very basic - but I was stuck in Berlin because of industrial action at the airport and had to book something in a hurry.

The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful; the room was clean and it was close to public transport and local amenities.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Pleasant stay, nice neighborhood, good connection
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Cleaninglady woke me up twice, and I needed to open the door half-naked.

I liked the spaciousness of my room, and the friendly staff. It was a rough time in the business so coming home to a comfortable room was nice.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

very friendly staff and clean room

there was only one wall socket in the room. so couldnt charge my phone and laptop at the same time.

very friendly, helpfull staff. like the idea of the 24/7 bar in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Fair quality, cosy location

no lifts, toilets and bath is shared with 2 other rooms

fair price, fair location, cosy view from window, taxi to center in range 10-20 euros, 5 minutes to U-bahn stations and Lidl and 3 minutes to tram stop, rooms extra big

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Nice hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The room looked completely empty, there were just beds and table in the middle. I found only 2 power outlets in the apartment. Good audibility in the room.

The location is quite convenient, really close to U-Bahn station. The staff was very friendly, helpful and informative. The breakfast just for 5€ with wide choice of meal. WiFi worked perfectly!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Don't stay here.

Location, room, facilities - the website was totally misleading. Bath towel was little more than a hand-towel, only one powerpoint in the room, lighting was dim, no hand soap in the bathroom, 'cleaning' staff (who did no cleaning) moved my things around in my room. Billed as a hotel but I've stayed in hostels that have been FAR better. I could go on.

24 hr front desk.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Rooms were simple but okay.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathrooms do not have soap and the towels were very small. Also the shower could benefit from a thermostatic shower tap since at the 5th floor it can vary a lot.

Rooms were simple but okay. Breakfast was better than expected. It also had a small lounge with tables and chairs where you can enjoy a nice German beer!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Positive experience!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

No double bed and not private toilet, but we were aware of that before booking it. Still everything else for us was good

Nice and kind stuff, very good buffet in the morning, good position and WiFi working

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The staff was very helpful to us.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The street the hotel is located on was very noisy. I'm talking about a what seemed like a school nearby and groups of people yelling at each other deep at night.

The staff was very helpful to us. The beds were comfortable and the room itself was cute and clean. It also has a bar on the ground floor, which is always a plus. We enjoyed our stay very much.

Nice and spacious room, the staff are helpful!
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice and spacious room, the staff are helpful!

We had to change our reservation and leave one day earlier,...
    • Double or Twin Room

We had to change our reservation and leave one day earlier, the hotel was so cooperative and refunded us for the last night.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Nice, bright and decent size room, clean bathroom.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

This is a steps hotel, not an elevator hotel ;)

Nice, bright and decent size room, clean bathroom.

swifty

some colour or a painting would have been nice to see, the room felt a little clinical.

very clean room, and bathroom. friendly staff

Quite nice hotel.

The bathroom was really stinky and there is no lift.

Quite nice hotel. The room was clean and big with large bathroom.

good place to stay for a few nights, quiet area, about 8...

no lift

good place to stay for a few nights, quiet area, about 8 minutes walk to the metro station, helpful staff, good wifi

great stay
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

good breakfast and near to city

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Nice
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Huge rooms and bathroom, very clean, great staff, close to metro station

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The confort, good management and the workers where welcoming.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Since it's summer the heat was unbearable because of no air condition(AC).

The confort, good management and the workers where welcoming.

Nice, simple and cozy.

In my room bed lighting wasn't working.

Bear garden was awesome, valuable breakfasts.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic and clean! Good value for money.

Pro tip: If you have a lot of luggage, there is no elevator so make sure you ask for a room on the first or second floor.

Friendly staff
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The neighborhood. It is actually Wedding not Mitte. Old rooms. A hostel is a better choice

Friendly staff

Small hotel with lovely staff
    • Comfort Double Room

No lift

Small hotel with lovely staff

Price.

Price. The room was basic. Bathroom next to my room smelled really bad.

Friendly and helpful 24 hour reception staff

Only 1 charging place (Steckdose) in the room

Friendly and helpful 24 hour reception staff

Super hotel

Super hotel

Good place to stay for few nights with friends.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice and clean room, comfy beds, superfriendly and helping staff, convinient location. (Many thanks for free restoraunt and ice-cream guides!)

They offered parking space and thats why I booked it, but in...

They offered parking space and thats why I booked it, but in real there is no parking space. Just find by yourself a parking lot at the streets.

There wasn’t elevator and the bathrooms aren’t private.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

There wasn’t elevator and the bathrooms aren’t private. I don’t advice this placement.

Large, clean and comfortable room.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Large, clean and comfortable room.

Confy beds.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Wifi didnt work. Location its only ok, no the best.

Confy beds. Big room.

Breakfast was poor, not worthy 5€.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast was poor, not worthy 5€. I recommend finding any cafe in the neighbourhood and finding food there for cheapar and better

Clean, quite and really friendly staff.

Clean, quite and really friendly staff.

Very big room.

Very big room. Comfortable. Clean

The staff was friendly, the facility was average and the...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff was friendly, the facility was average and the location as well. But overall speaking it was definately good value for the price.

very good

stairs - no elevator / our room was in 4th floor

beds were confortable, location not far from U-bahn station

Cheap

Smelly bathroom, no soap

Cheap

It was good, could be a bit better.

The shared bathrooms and the rooms with NO TV

Good value for the price of the room. I'd skip the breakfast next time, it is not worth €5.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The listing for the location is 'Mitte' (perhaps this is a Booking.com mistake), but the hotel is located in Wedding.

Good value.

staff couldn't care less, really not helpful
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Should not be called "hotel"...it is a hostel

Recommended

All was OK

Very clean, pleased with entire stay, thanks!

It perfect all

All

Very comfortable room, clean & tidy shower,...

Very comfortable room, clean & tidy shower, super-friendly staff. Great!

Great value for money
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was huge! The shared bathroom was very clean! Comfortable with metro!

It's not really in Mitte.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

It's not really in Mitte.

Very good price performance ratio

Very good price performance ratio

Must-visit, at least one night
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

24 hour staff responsible and very helpful.

More cossy rooms, with private tools like Iron / tea pot...
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

More cossy rooms, with private tools like Iron / tea pot etc. Nontheless it was ok with the as for such location and stay.

No TV in the room.

No TV in the room.

The carpet had lot of stains

The carpet had lot of stains

It's too much expensive comparing to condition
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Lights, the stairs my daughter fall down is very old.

Nothing actually

Confortable but Basic facilities.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Confortable but Basic facilities. Very nice and helpfull staff.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Good value for money

Nothing in particular

Clean room and helpful staff