Reviews of Hotel Stern

Neckarstraße 215a, Stuttgart-Ost, 70190 Stuttgart, Germany

5.9

My mistake was that I took the only available room which was triple bed and costed like a normal room in a 3 star hotel. But it was like a guest house and was not actually a hotel.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No air-condition in the room. No lift, which is difficult with the heavy suitcase.

I could check in even before noon, which made my stay easier. I was able to start exploring Stuttgart right after the early check-in.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

noisy of U-bahn (it's right in front of the hotel), no fresh air coming to the room (no A/C similar to other accomodations in Germany. I was in the single room, and it was like a sauna). Not suitable if you're looking for a fresh & cool accomodation.

location, lower price compared to others in the city. Penny market & nice parks are right behind the hotel.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no kettle inside our bedroom. I informed the receptionist that our floor lamp had no light bulbs. However, he did not offer any solution. The hotel did not have air conditioning which made it very warm and humid (until the thunder and lightning broke out). The single bed had a very thin mattress which was not very comfortable.

My parents and I stayed in a family room which was reasonably comfortable and spacious. There was free WiFi and the hotel seemed cleanly. Upon arrival, we spoke to the receptionist who had perfect fluency in English. There was free street parking around the corner.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bath and toilet (but logical given the good price). Wifi was not working on my floor (good signal but could not connect). The street can be noisy (tram).

Friendly staff. Clean and big room with 2 windows, which allows for plenty of fresh air: i spent a good sleep night in spite of the hot weather. Competitive price.

The staff on reception was talking by telephone for more than 5 minutes without paying attention to me. That happened twice. There is no iron (for ironing closes) in all hotel at all.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The place is just a dump hole, the room stinks, the bed was so uncomfortable and the bed linen was smelly and had stains on it and to top it off they just start slamming the shared bathroom door from 6 in the morning. Not recommended!!!!!!

Nothing!!!

The bathroom was a bit crammed, nevertheless it was a private bathroom. Being affordable means other coinhabitants of certain breed were staying there making the place a bit dodgy/ shabby because of the noises they made and meeting on the staircase to talk.

Close to the railway station and the surrounding parks, with tram access.

I was looking for a room with it's own bathroom. I thought I slected it over booking.com, but the Entire hotel has only shared toilets in every floor. It should be more explicit show on the website

The hotel did not rightly charge an additional fee for cleaning of 100 euros, in addition to credit cards, scammers and so much

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There is only one car place for all the guests of the hotel, that’s not good and not mentioned in description. Matrass is not the best I have ever slept, I had a backache after night. It was a bit dirty.

Room is big and nice, it has a sink and it is well placed in the city

There's no elevator, nor a fridge. Also, the breakfast is not recommendable, but you can find cafes and markets nearby.

The staffs were really kind and helpful. The room was roomy and clean. It's definitely the best in its price.

Walls are super thin. You hear every word your neighbors speak. WiFi was very slow. couldnt stream 360p Videos in realtime.

I needed a room. I got a room. Short term.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Sink in the room was useful in the case of a room without shower (shared shower on the hallway). Possibility to use a shared fridge on the hallway was also nice. Public transport connection (U-bahn) very near. Supermarket (Penny) just around the corner.

No light in my bathroom, much noise in the hall, no heater in my colleague's room. On the first floor, smells from the downstairs restaurant.

Ok bed and good pillows.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The Internet wifi was not working at all. So if you are coming from abroad, have no private Internet connection and are depending on the hotel wifi for making watsapp or Skype calls to your dear ones, then you should avoid booking in this hotel. Rest everything was good about the property.

The location was excellent. The hotel staffs were also friendly.

There was only sofa bed in one of our booked double bed room. It was not mentioned at time of booking and it was very inconvenient for 2 people to sleep. Double bed Room size was very small. Heating was not working at night.

Location was near to city center and public transport to take you to city. The room rate was slightly less than other options.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I was not expecting to have to share the WC & shower! that is not a Hotel but a Hostal and they should make sure to put this in their page. There is no breakfast included and the WiFi did not work properly in my laptop (in my cel ph, yes). Normally the price per night is 20-25 Euros, for the week I´ve stayed I have been charged with 114 Euros per night!

• Single Room with Shower

1) Payment is a pain (I got non-refundable booking) - hotel blocks money on a card, you have to pay again while cheking in, and money will be unblocked after 10 working days - something I would hope to know earlier. 2) No breakfast - there is a door to the restaurant at the reception, but it is separate organization. And coffee-machine is also managed by the restaurant, so then my change got stuck, I chose to loose it because getting it back seemed too much actions and interactions with people not even from the hotel staff. 3) Toilet is not in every room (mine has none, just common one outside the room)

Nice friendly staff, clean warm room with adjustable heating, wi-fi is ok, great for short stay. Coffe-machine! And it also offers cup of boiling water (+ instant food = life saver). The street has u-bahn railway, but its really not that noisy, sort of brutal industrial look. Not far from the center, also a park nearby. Fast and convenient communication in case of troubleshooting after stay.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I booked this hotel when all other hotels near Munchen were full because of some exhibition. For 129 eur per room for this hotel is extremely overpriced, fair price would be about 50 eur. No dedicated parking, one one place in front of entrance and street parking. Wi-Fi is very slow.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

One needs to log in each and every time to the wi-fi. No elevator Extreme thin walls, so one can hear everything what happens in the neighbouring room

- cleaning every day - proper furnishing - towels! - shades! - Penny round the corner - U-Bahn station almost in front of the hotel

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was a bit cramped for three guests, but this was not a significant issue for me and my friends.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The location was excellent, especially considering that the Stadtbahn station was a 2-min walk away

It is good to sleep there, but the room has a bit old atmosphere. The bathroom looks like one in a student hostel. The carpet has some patches, but otherwise it is clean (I guess it is not new and during the time there were non-cleanable dusts). The wifi is pretty slow.

This was the only hotel in the area with free room. I could sleep, I did not need anything more. The room was silent.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

For me it was the only option to stay in Stuttgart for my visit, because it was the only hotel for the moment with rates lower than 250 Euros per night. All other hotels were booked out. I was aware about common rest rooms and a shower, but sheets on the bed with gray staines, half-empty pillows, stained floor carpet were a surprise for me. So my summary will be: Never Again. The quality-price ratio tends to zero for this place. I'd book any other hotel for 1 hour drive next time and it will cost two times cheaper, so I'll rent a car for another 100 Euros. ) I just re-read my feedback and now I do understand why reception guy arrives to the hotel by brand new Mercedes-Benz AMG63 in the morning. :)

This hotel should be considered as the last option when you look for a place to stay in Stuttgart. It is close to city's downtown and this is the only good thing you should know about for this hotel.

They took my money before my checking-in without telling me anything. Staff knew nothing. Wi-fi appeared sometimes, but usually didn't work.

Room "with a private bathroom" does not have a private bathroom at all. The bathrooms are all outside of the rooms and you don't get a private key for them anyway. So I booked a room with a "private bathroom" but shared the bathroom with strangers throughout the week, even if I told the receptionist many times and informed that the bathroom is only available for me, but that was not the case. So if you want a private bathroom, stay away, otherwise it is good.

It was clean as much as it should be. Ubahn is very very close to the hotel(almost 50m) and it takes about 10 minutes in total to get to the city center.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

For that price I expect to get more than dirty toilette, slow internet and room without soundproofing. I could hear everything (traffic and people) from outside and also from the next rooms.

Location was very nice and handy!

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

No free parking available was, difficult to find a parking place near by since it is a busy town.

Staff were very welcoming and friendly. Cleaned regularly.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The guy at the reception (who was originally from Tunisia) was very friendly and talkative. I had the chance to practice my German with him and he was very pacient. The price was very good and the hotel is very close to one of the U-Bahn stops. It is very well connected to the city center and the art museum.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

In the morning the reception was closed. There was no breakfast. They said at 7, we were there at 8. We had to go to the frontdoor to the restaurant,but was closed. This restaurant is in the evening a mexicangril or something, you can smell it in the hotel. Its not a part of the hotel. No firestairs, dangerous building. To small rooms, never seen this before, couldnt walk around the bed. Old carpet on the floor. Broken closets.We, the parents got a room on the 4th floor and our children at the 1e floor. This didnt feel fine. Never again.

The shared bathroom and toilet was clean.

• Single Room with Shower

The wireless is unacceptably slow. I requested a parking spot through Booking.com and the hotel confirmed. When I arrived, they told me that someone else took the spot and I had to use street parking. Starting from 8am, street parking is paid... so I had to get to earlier than usual just so that the city wouldn't fine me... The receptionist insisted that check out time is "12 in the morning", after I said 12 at noon just to make sure... OK, I'll give him a break on his English skill...

Room was not very big, but enough for a pleasant short stay We stayed 3 nights and had no complaints.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean hotel , quiet area of big city, close to main roads. Easy and cheap parking in surrounding area ( max €7,-/day = half price compared with city centre). Restaurants, shops and public transport nearby. Really hot temp outside and they provided for a fan without asking. Bathroom was fine, clean and everything worked, good shower. Due to our schedule no experience with breakfast, but excellent bakery for breakfast, lunch, coffee (also to go) at walking distance opens at 06.30 working days and 08.00 on Sunday. Restaurant next door serves excellent food (Arabian) for a fair price.

No lift - fifth floor - shared bathroom for an en-suite room??? - the staff don't know any English

The hotel is very cheap and fine to stay for one night. It was very hot but there was a fan :)

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

nice breakfast with fairly large choice, good coffee and different sorts of tea, friendly personnel, only 5 min walk to the public mineral baths and large public park and tram station to the city center (10 min ride on tram to city center)

- Very small room - the bed was more a guest sofa - the bathroom was dirty and smelly - i stayed 2 nights and at the second day nobody came in to clean the room, change the towels or even open the windows - i could hear the other guest during night

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Showers and bathroom are outside the rooms, and shared with the people on the floor. We didn't bump into anyone though :).

The rooms are big, have a sink, closet, and enough charging outlets. Metro station is 20 meters away. That was fantastic. Also, there's a fridge in the common area, to keep your food fresh.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My TV was functional only one minute. The receptionist tried to fix it, it took another minute to stop again. Even if they promised to solve the problem, nothing happened, I have spent two evenings in the room without TV.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

No breakfast. Shared bathroom means sharing with whole floor, not just one other room. TV channels not all working.

Location to fest grounds. Staff was helpful. Bakery across the street.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

For the price we payed it was a nice surprise. Very close to the Ubahn with trams passing every other minute, the bedroom was small but comfortable and very clean, nice staff and just a few stops from the city center. Would definatelly come back!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff speaks pretty much no English. The room was tiny. Quite pricey for off-season, yet still the cheapest place I could find.

The location is really great for access to public transportation (not so much for walking). The tram station is nearby and the trams come very frequently. Wifi was very fast and reliable, at least on the first floor.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Good and cheap accomodotion :decent and clean single room with bathroom; breakfast in the standard;free wifi; very near to Metro' stop (very frequent), so connected in few minutes to Central station.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There's nothing to step on when you get out of the shower (the tiles are cold).

The owner brought us some candies and extra blanket when she heard my friend coughing.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

wifi is really a problem no elevator but for me is good too noise if u open window pillow too soft to me

very near tram station clean room nice staff clean share shower place

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The location was like a ghetto, but could be the overall location that is stuttgart.

Nice, clean room, great staff, although english is not as good. Really enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It's supposed to include breakfast according to the website,but actually there's a note on the wall saying his cook is on holiday, so no breakfast in July, and no more explanation or return the money for breakfast.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This hotel no personal washroom!!and no elevator!this is my first time meet this status. Breakfast 7 euro and nothing to eat! It is really bad!

BioShop & bakery near the hotel, close to the subway, not far from the mainstation and the park.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No elevator, restaurant downstairs, very loud. Wifi didn't work.

Near by metro.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Too hot and noise in the evening. Sometime feeling like stay in the jail.

Fast check in and out. Clean toilet and shower room, near the Station.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Having to share toilet and bathroom and being on the top floor with no elevator

Comfy bed clean room.

BEST VALUE in europe at 20 euros ! Room was IMMACULATE! City not far & tram close.

Price... Far to expensive

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It served the purpose as a place to sleep. Practical, economical and without any frills. I felt comfortable and slept well.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

This hotel is in the city center. The room is not so big for three persons. But it is enough with this price.

nothing special. was ok.

Price - Exchange was good. I had a huge room, bath was clean. Is totally good.

Cold and stinky

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Toilet outside of the room.

Nice. :)

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The personal must change everything.

I did not like everything.

We got double room with share bathroom instead of double room.

Great value for money on Sundays night

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Walls very thin, other customers very loud, into early hours of the morning, locks on doors extremely loud. Find a different hotel!

Beds, wifi..

Parking, location

Value for money.

Beds weren’t comfy

Staff was very friendly, hotel was clean and tidy.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No Parking options. Expensive on-street parking only. No elevator to the 5th floor. Bathrooms are not integrated into the rooms.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The smell inside the bedroom (cigarette)

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Poor wi-fi at times, shared toilet

1 minute walk away from U-Bahn station, with stores close by. About 10 minutes away from city centre via U-Bahn.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Bed..horrible, had to cancel second week, couldn‘t sleep, sore back

• Single Room with Shower

Col, not clean enough , noisy,

Friendly staff

was quite loude

I can't recommend the breakfast, Unfortunately, you can use 7E better on other place. The hotel smell like a kitchen.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Even though hotel is non smoking my room was stinking with nicotine

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

uncomfortable stay rates are to high for this hotel

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It was expected that bathroom wouldn't be shared, but it was(

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

For this value everything was ok

Staff, location, comfort