Reviews of Leonardo Hotel Hamburg Stillhorn This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Stillhorner Weg 40, Wilhelmsburg, 21109 Hamburg, Germany

#199 of 323 hotels in Hamburg

Booked specifically for gym.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Booked specifically for gym. Upon checking in, the people at the desk told about no services for the gym, also sauna was closed. Very unfriendly people at desk, not at all humble.

Great localization for a stop on a long way.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bed is too soft for my taste, though for my daughter it was perfect.

Localization easy to reach from highway. Very good breakfast - there is enough selection of food for everyone. Fast check in and check out. Comfortable rooms, bathroom with a bathtub. Free Internet connection. The rooms and all the hotel area is very clean. Large outdoor parking area - there is enough space without a need for reservation.

Our pleasant stay actually allowed us to escape this troubled world for a few days.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I was double-charged and it was quickly taken care of. No mini fridge in the rooms which is a minor thing. Bottom Line... We liked everything.

My wife and I needed a pleasant get-away. Hotel Leonardo came through with flying colors. Very attentive English speaking Staff. First Class Service. Excellent pristine facilities. Located "away from it all", but easily accessible by autobahn. Country atmosphere. We would stay there again.

Friendly helpful staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Lack of air conditioning, particularly noticeable in the restaurant. It was so unbearably hot that we didn't want to eat there.

Friendly helpful staff

Comfortable and practical
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

- the bathroom gets quite wet when you shower

- good price/quality ratio - very clean - convenient location for a 1-night stay on route to Denmark. I always stay here

Great for a night or two. Probably would choose something closer to the center next time
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Thought it was a queen bed. It was twins. Apparently we had to specify in the comments we wanted a double side bed and not two singles. Oh well

Badtub +++

I have been to Better Leonardo Hotel....
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The staff was not unfriendly, but by the same token, they were not overly friendly. A little more interest in their guests would go a long way. Maybe ' did you enjoy your stay?' or Hope to see you soon, when the guest leaves, or ' Please if there anything you need or anything we can assist with, please do not hesitate to ask.' when the guest arrives. The will ensure that you get 10 out of 10 from me.

Location was great, The room was spotless but the furniture is a little dated.

Large rooms in dire need of redecoration. Not very good restaurant.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Rooms in dire need of redecoration. Double bed was quite hard and a bit narrow. No air-conditioning, noisy and busy autobahn makes impossible to keep window open for fresh air. Restaurant food not very good: simple hamburger and schnitzel with very soft fries.

Large rooms. Bathtub.

We had two rooms booked, both in poor condition and in need...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The standard of the rooms.

We had two rooms booked, both in poor condition and in need of refurbishment. One of the rooms also smelled really bad. Found some bedbugs tape(?) litter under one of the beds. Will probably not stay there again.

If you want to receive a bad service with no heater in you room you are choosing the best place.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

During my two days stay I had no heater in my room. I have arrived around two o'clock and tried to have lunch. Once I have decided and order the food I have waited for 40 minutes, then the waitress come to inform that they have a problem in the oven and they can not offer any other food. After I had insisted they could offer me a plate wiht bread and cheese. The sttaf is very bad trained to serve people and solve efficiently any problem. Basically the client is the one that should came with the solutions.

Very comfortable and affordable
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The tv set is a bit small should you wish to look at it from the bed (which in itself is large and comfortable). And from the coach you cannot see it. The floor is like most places in Germany with a carpet but all looks clean. The only real hotel’s disadvantage: the distance from Hamburg central and no public transport connections. But that makes it a priceworthy choice.

This hotel has a large entrée and rooms. Nicely decorated although certainly not modern. Everything you need is in the room including shaving mirror, good light, a bath and sufficient space to stock your belongings. I was there in the coming Christmas period so it was all nicely decorated. Also the rooms and corridors give a cosy impression. When arriving late in the evening several coaches were parked near the hotel. Its location next to the highway just outside Hamburg makes it ideal for tour groups. However, at breakfast or in the bar, you wouldn’t exactly notice. Both offer good seating and a decent drinks/food choices. Attractive time savers.

Hotel is designed after Leonardo Da Vinci and it shows...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There is free WiFi and paid WiFi; which is supposed to be better. The login page makes a deal out of how the free WiFi is only for reading stuff, and not for videos etc. If I book a hotel with WiFi, I don't expect to deal with this kind of stuff. BTW the free one was fine.

Hotel is designed after Leonardo Da Vinci and it shows everywhere. I appreciate the unified vision. Nice, clean hotel! The staff are friendly and cordial. It was a really nice experience to stay here. Great bathroom with some free cosmetics products. If you forget something (like toothpaste) you can actually call up the reception and they'd give you some.

Worth staying at if you either travel thru or are staying for a couple of days.

The weather!

If you don't want to go by car to the city, do choose the restaurant in the hotel who have excellent beers and a good wine list. The food we had was superb and very worth the money. Breakfast was EXCELLENT with all kinds of bread, cheese and warm dishes.

It was very pleasant.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The pillows were lovely, but just a little big to sleep on. I should have asked for a smaller one, so it is not the fault of any staff.

Everything but the pillows. The gentleman behind the bar during our stay was terrific.

For a short and rapid visit to Hamburg while passing by car.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Everything was fine, actually German staff is always efficient but smile less and sound rude to those who are not accustomed to; my friends believed the girl in the counter was angry! It has nothing to do with the language but the attitude of the people behind the counters.

As our visit to Hamburg was meant to be short, we decided us for a place near to the Autobahn A1 on our way to Groningen (NL), which makes the location very good if you are traveling by car. This hotel was very convenient, easy to find and with the high German standard of the eighties, still fresh and comfortable. The breakfast was great, we enjoyed the German bread variety.

My kids was poisoned with there breafast and they charged me...

Because one of their personal in reception was so rude Ge charged me euro 50 with out my knowledge after I checked out

My kids was poisoned with there breafast and they charged me extra 50 euro in my credit card with out my lnowledge as one of my kids bit vomited

Nice Outer City Alternative
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

My original thought - more Hamburg City locale vs. autobahn travel but that's fine.

Modern dated facility with a comfortable feel and nice offerings.

Business Trip June 2017
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

This is only a minor point but if there could be more than one English tv channel available (even BBC World?) it would be fantastic. Apart from that I cannot find anything that needs improving as it suits all my needs for a business trip to Hamburg.

As always the staff could not do enough for you. They are polite, helpful and can even understand my "basic" German. The location gives excellent access to the Autobahn network, the food is great - please try the "Hamburger Panfrische" - with a menu to cater for all tastes.

Decent
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location isn't perfect but it is near a bus stop. The hallway on the floor I was on is decorated kinda odd but that's a highly subjective matter, just got weirded out by pics of sheep everywhere haha.

Breakfast, and food at the restaurant in general, is amazing. Service is excellent. The gym is fairly modern. Rooms are a decent size. Beds are big and comfy.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Pleasant but remote
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Breakfast as a vegetarian I could only have egg and beans more choices would have been great. Directions to Hamburg centre and transport network could be explained better

The hotel layout was good

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Great hotel, full comfort.

Parking could be free of charge, other than that I cannot complain.

The room was extra large with equally large bathroom. Very comfortable large bed, a bit soft though. Great breakfast and very helpful staff. Quiet location, easy to stop by when you are on the road. Well marked from the main road, so you'll find it even without GPS.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Premium WiFi for an extra 6 euro was pretty good.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Paid parking on a site far away from the centre of Hamburg. It should be free of charge for Hotelguests. Paying for good WiFi. If you advertise with free wifi, thats what it should be.

Premium WiFi for an extra 6 euro was pretty good. Rooms are comfortabele and contain also a sofa which is nice. You dont want to spend every evening on a bed. Breakfast was also good.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Good value for money
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was cold as the heating didn't work and the staff couldn't fix it, free wifi is quite slow

Good value for money, large parking, tea and coffee facilities in each room, the hotel has a sauna

Excellent breakfast buffet and the staff is quite nice .
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel 's quite far from the city center and We spend much money on Taxi to go to city. If you have a car I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Excellent breakfast buffet and the staff is quite nice .

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Excellent service, staff couldn't be more customer oriented
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location, at spit distance from the underground. The staff, absolutely brilliant, they helped us in any way possible after finding out that, due to what appeared to be a glitch in Booking.com's system, I ended up checking in at the wrong Leonardo (theirs). The size of the room and the comfort of the bed. The reception manager, who helped my friend by offering her computer and phone when her mobile stopped working.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Our first choice for a stop on a long trip through Europe.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We always ask for a specific room, because it's easier getting the dogs in and out from there. And I always get it. This time we were on our way to a book release and had to bring 200 kg of books to the room, so the easy access was particularly appreciated. Staff is so serviceminded and friendly - and we always feel very welcome with our Bull Terriers.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Not the nices experience.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

This is a 2 or 3 star hotel and definitely not a 4 star. I cannot understand a hotel is located between 2 motorways and have no airco in the rooms. You cannot open the window because you hear the motorways all night long. The food in the restaurant is not good. We had 4 different dishes and not one of this dishes was really good and even poor quality. The bar is not the nicest place to stay because it is in the lobby and it's not the nicest area to stay. The quality of the beds is not for a 4 star hotel but more for a 1 or 2-star hotel. I couldn't sleep on it. The bathroom is old but ok but not comfortable for older people. The reason they accept animals is for me very strange. When you see people with dogs in the room next to yours it's not giving the idea of a clean hotel. The hotel is perfect for 1 night but not for longer stay.

The people working at reception are very helpfull and nice. Breakfast is ok.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Good short stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location is not so great due to distances and also since works are going on autoroutes hence taxis too take lot of time.

Good hotel , nice facilities , decent gym and sauna. If you have car its better a bit far away location .

Expensive for service provided
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Cost for overnight parking was expensive, there is no alternative parking location close to the hotel. The breakfast was expensive for the food on offer.

Hotel was comfortable, clean and staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Not enjoyable (small room) ... even mineral water is not given ... if you want it ... must buy
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I book for standard room as I revised in my booking that I will be with my wife and kid. During check in there is no issue about my room. Once, I checked out, the hotel asked additional payment, and directly took from my credit card without any notice to me. It is very rude man ... I recommend be careful with this hotel for booking

nothing to be happy there

If we can pay more search for something else.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location is terrible really it is beside nothing just a farm, if you want to stay beside the city center stay away from this Hotel.

The staff were kind and helpful. The restaurant was fine and clean.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Very bad
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

They say children till 12 years old is free on booking.com but in the hotel u have to pay extra

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Very clean and comfortable room, apples for guests.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location - it is rather far away from center (especially noticeable if you travel without car).

Very clean and comfortable room, apples for guests. View on the pond is also nice :)

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Business Trip July 2016
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

A small issue but would it be possible to get the BBC channels on the TV plus €8.00 per day for parking.

Excellent location for the business traveller, very friendly and helpful staff, great food and free wifi.

Food!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Food!!! Very very bad! Not fresh fast food. Never gonna eat there again.

The hotel itself was very good...only the location wasn't.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel was much too far from the city and things to do.

Very comfortable. Good breakfast. Friendly staff.

The stay was just for one night and it was easy to get on the highway again.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It was very difficult to find the location of the Hotel. The rooms had very old dirty carpet on the floor. Noisy.

the breakfast was excellent

Price/quality, is absolute acceptable
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Near to highway, so a bit noisy. Bed was to soft for me.

Location is perfect, but quite near to the highway, Food is good.

Easy access from A1.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Easy access from A1. A lot of parking space around the hotel. Good breakfast.

Ok . No problems

Very good hotel.

Clean, comfortable, nice breakfast, nice staff

Clean, comfortable, nice breakfast, nice staff

Payed parking

Payed parking

Good choice for resting during car travel true europe.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Good choice for resting during car travel true europe.. seperate priced but great breakfast.

Nice

NA

Breakfast.

High cost of parking place.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

High cost of parking place.

Great location, close to A7 but no traffic noice

Great location, close to A7 but no traffic noice

Almost everything.

Paying 8 euros to park.

Almost everything.

Very comfortable

Car park expensive

Clean hotel , seems to have had recent refurbed . Attentive staff in the resteraunt , Rooms good and comfortable

Everything.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Everything. Excellent customer service!

No room service Slow checkout

The Staff of reception were not friendly.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The Staff of reception were not friendly.

.Food was OK
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Noisy front Room. No aircon and it was hot so needed the window open. Had to pay for parking

.Food was OK

Very big rooms.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very far from the city, very noisy rooms, no air-conditioners in the room. Parking 8 euros. Impolite front officer .

Very big rooms.

Location is not convenient unless you have a car.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location is not convenient unless you have a car.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great location. Friendly staff, clean, great breakfast buffet
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Nice comfortable rooms. Fantastic breakfast buffet. Extremely nice staff. The location is great. Close to U-bahn and great lively neighbourhood.

Massively over-priced

Massively over-priced

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Very pleasant

It was all in order. Maybe a little difficult to get to the centre without a car

Wonderful room and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The mattress on the bed was veeeery soft.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The mattress on the bed was veeeery soft. I couldn't sleep well.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Good value for money.

Parking facility.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Good , very satisfaid .
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very good breakfast buffete, nice service .

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

best ptatoe soup i have ever had.

Mini bar in room

best ptatoe soup i have ever had.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Clean, comfortable, good staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

far from station, high price

Clean, comfortable, good staff

Room was big

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

No ac.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No ac..rooms smell. .so does the elevator..

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Business trip
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Staff of restaurant was really very slow and showed for everybody how tired they are.

Nice area, clean rooms, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Excellent location

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

the welcome and attitude of the Innkeepers
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Had to climb stairs, a little spartan overall

the welcome and attitude of the Innkeepers

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

In good position on my way south, Good bed and clean room.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

In good position on my way south, Good bed and clean room.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

The park is not frri

The park is not frri

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

The location of the hotel was good

I have booked a deluxe family room with breakfast. On my arrival I was given a room with double bed only and also I will told that I have to pay for the breakfast. I was also charged for the parking in Hotel.

The location of the hotel was good

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

The guy at the bar in the evening was helpful and friendly.

Wifi poor and must pay for it Staff arrogant Car park must pay

The guy at the bar in the evening was helpful and friendly. The location to visit my customer.

There are also 45 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Leonardo Hotel Hamburg Stillhorn traveller photo gallery